Bitcoin Forum
February 02, 2023, 02:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 24.0.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin [RVN] PoW GPU Mining | Asset Transfer Blockchain (Updated ANN)  (Read 1168838 times)
Texacha
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 480
Merit: 68


View Profile
July 12, 2021, 09:17:28 AM
 #4661


The only scammer here is you. Stop trying to blame others for your own inability to secure your devices.
So true.

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
1675348827
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1675348827

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1675348827
Reply with quote  #2

1675348827
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1675348827
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1675348827

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1675348827
Reply with quote  #2

1675348827
Report to moderator
kinkajou
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 55
Merit: 2


View Profile
July 17, 2021, 12:08:09 AM
 #4662

Dev Meeting Transcript (July 16, 2021)

[4:24 PM] Someone_2: Going to guess the meeting hasn't really started yet, will check back in a bit.
[4:25 PM] kralverde: If you want to ask some questions they can be answered in a bit
[4:27 PM] kralverde: We also have meetings for special interests every wednesday in voice channels for more indepth discussion on core and electrum; the friday development meetings are kind of just a review for what has gone on the past week
[4:29 PM] Tron: Hi everyone.  Sorry I'm late.  I got here and opened the channel.  Usually this is already done.
[4:30 PM] kralverde: Everyone’s busy weeks aligned it seems
[4:31 PM] kralverde: Am i correct in hearing that the core just needs a code review/audit before the next release?
[4:31 PM] Tron: We've done one review/audit of P2SH.
[4:32 PM] Tron: I've asked ISE for an estimate for reviewing the rest of the code, and I've asked CertiK for the same.  Both should have a response by early next week.
[4:33 PM] Tron:
Attachment file type: acrobat
ise-ravencoin-assessment-202106-r1.pdf
295.17 KB
[4:33 PM] Tron: P2SH assessment
[4:37 PM] kinkajou: Tron some community developers have pointed out that github issues related to mobile wallets tend to get ignored and PRs not receiving much/any attention. Are there any plans to address the current mobile wallets? And if not, could we perhaps looking into archiving them or noting somewhere on the development pages that the projects are no longer being prioritized/maintained?
[4:40 PM] Tron: Excellent questions.  I think the SPV wallets are worth having.  I am not a mobile dev, but I can put bounties on the mobile wallet issues.  The Android version in particular needs help to be a viable wallet.
[4:41 PM] kinkajou: There are currently multiple open PRs for the android wallet related to bounties posted on the foundation site. It seems based on the bounties site that Ben completed many bounties and was paid for this work but the PRs have not been merged. Is this just a matter of not having reviewers?
[4:41 PM] kralverde: I would image thats the case
[4:42 PM] kralverde: It might be best to add some more contributor accounts to certain repos
[4:44 PM] kralverde: We do have the moontree workers hard at work on an alternate app https://github.com/moontreeapp/raven though this is being built from scratch and will likely be a few months out
[4:45 PM] kralverde: Though theyve said theyre working on a mockup ui now for basic transactions
[4:45 PM] kinkajou: Agreed. It would be nice to get those PRs reviewed and merged since they represent many thousands of dollars in foundation funds. The ravenwallet-android repo overall could use some updating. https://github.com/RavenProject/ravenwallet-android
At least to help point developers in the right direction
[4:46 PM] kinkajou: Don't want to lose developers that want to contribute because they are confused by the workflows
[4:47 PM] Tron: Stibits works on iOS, and MangoFarmAssets also works on mobile for both platforms, and moontree is coming, but there is still value to SPV wallets.  Exodus, Edge, Trust Wallet and many others work for RVN, but not assets.
[4:47 PM] kralverde: (if anyone knows java/js , are reading this elsewhere and are motivated to do some code overhauls reach out on the discord)
[4:48 PM] kralverde: Who is incharge of updating these on the app store?
[4:48 PM] Tron: I've built iOS RVN before, and can do it again.  I've not installed the iOS dev environment on my current system.
[4:48 PM] kralverde: I think there should also be a warning about mining to the rvn mobile wallets specifically
(Though there have only been a few issues ive heard of)
[4:49 PM] Tron: I can update on iOS app store.
[4:49 PM] kinkajou: Right, I don't think there is any shortage of working mobile wallets. Rather the problem is that the "official" mobile wallets (on the projectraven repo) seem deprecated/unsupported and community developers attempts to update these "official" wallets are not noticed or seemingly not prioritized. If we could get a notice posted on the github that efforts have largely shifted to other mobile wallet platforms I think that would be helpful.
[4:50 PM] kinkajou: Or a notice that we need more reviewers before development can continue if that is the case.
[4:51 PM] kinkajou: It seems obvious to many here just to check the development channel in Discord but to many outside devs working from Github alone that is not the case. And there is nothing on those Github pages directing them here
[4:52 PM] kralverde: We can talk to the admins here to create channels to sort of form some kind of mobile wallet sig
[4:53 PM] kralverde: Do you want to try and find devs/organize this kinkajou
[4:53 PM] Tron: If we have a mobile-wallet-SIG, or a mobile-wallet-android-SIG, I'll reference it via the README in the GitHub.
[4:55 PM] kinkajou: I don't think I'm at all qualified but I'll help in any way I can. But again I don't think the issue has anything to do with SIGs in this Discord or elsewhere on Github. Rather the issue is that our current mobile wallet repos on the ravenproject Github are confusing to new developers looking to contribute.
If it was a significant enough problem for one mobile dev to seek out a channel specifically to voice discontent then I have to believe other devs are experiencing the same confusion and simply choosing to forego the project.
[4:56 PM] kralverde: You seem to be motivated enough to be asking about it :wink:
[4:57 PM] kralverde: Of course no pressure, but it would really just be trying to pull in devs/organize the qualms people have with the current mobile wallet
[5:00 PM] kinkajou: I don't know anything about mobile dev and I cannot code JS if my life depended on it which feels important/relevant here. I would be happy to help attempt to organize if that is the only way forward here.
My view is that the Github needs to be updated or a notice should simply be posted in the current mobile wallet repos directing devs here or elsewhere. It sounds like that is what Tron is talking about doing?
[5:02 PM] Tron: You are right, the accepted PRs should be integrated, built and deployed.  I will start with iOS.  I don't think I have the credentials needed for Android deployment, but I can ask around.
[5:04 PM] Tron: Just got a message back from CertiK.  CertiK isn't able to do a security review until Sept or Oct.  To me, that seems too late.  Thoughts?
[5:05 PM] Jeroz: Ah thanks. I wanted to bring up the exact same issue after someone raised these concerns on Reddit. He said that he posted an issue first to see if there was any action/development going on before actually committing to submitting code. He was disappointed that he did not receive any response for quite some time and that other issues have long been ignored.
[5:05 PM] kinkajou: That would be great! Seems like Ben put a lot of hours in there so would be nice to reap the benefits of his hard work heh
[5:06 PM] Jeroz: Late indeed
[5:06 PM] kralverde: Did we want certik for some reason? What about ISE?
[5:07 PM] Tron: ISE is also going to give me an estimate. (next week)
[5:07 PM] Jeroz: ISE only reviewed the specific P2SH part
[5:07 PM] Jeroz: If I understand correctly
[5:08 PM] Tron: Correct.  The estimate is for the as-yet-not-security-reviewed-by-ISE non-P2SH code.
[5:08 PM] Jeroz: Yeah, which seems a bit weird now (since there is way more new code) but when it was initiated, I think the only new part was P2SH submitted to the develop tree
[5:16 PM] Tron: I'll get the estimate from ISE (time & money) and we can decide from there.
[5:16 PM] Jeroz: Cool
[5:18 PM] Jeroz: Do we have a time schedule yet on what and when we want to release the new stuff? I’ve been mostly occupied elsewhere lately
[5:21 PM] Jeroz: I guess too many peeps are on vacation around this time :p
[5:22 PM] kralverde: ^
[5:24 PM] Tron: I think it is dependent on getting it reviewed.  Once we have info from ISE we can decide from there.
[5:27 PM] Tron: I'm still fighting to get an EV code signing cert.  Phone number listed on Dun and Bradstreet isn't the one I submitted for EV so it has been rejected.  I was told that even a non-EV code signing cert requires third-party verification of a phone number.  Working with the Foundation Treasurer to sort this out.
[5:30 PM] Panoramix: Too late indeed. Queue them up for the next audit though, having that extra parameter on CMC matters in the grand scheme
[5:33 PM] Tron: I'll let them know.
[5:36 PM] Tron: Thank you everyone.  I'm going to close the meeting, so these don't drag on into the evening for some.  I'll work on iOS PRs this week.

Ravencoin Community Discord: https://discord.gg/BByPaNTP3U
Open Development Meetings every Friday @ 4PM EST
oswald.cobblepothead
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 1


View Profile
July 17, 2021, 12:41:50 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2021, 07:38:19 AM by oswald.cobblepothead
 #4663

Pump and dump currently active
kinkajou
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 55
Merit: 2


View Profile
July 20, 2021, 03:45:51 PM
 #4664

New Ravencoin SitRep Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7bxsRgnyKOEHSTSxG9LIqL

This week's episode focuses on NFTs/NFT markets and features guests from RVNFT.art, IPAssets, Zaytech, and more!

The marketing competition mentioned in the podcast is also currently live on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ravencoin/comments/onpyhz/ravencoin_slogan_contest_500_rvn_to_the_winning/

Ravencoin Community Discord: https://discord.gg/BByPaNTP3U
Open Development Meetings every Friday @ 4PM EST
babkaVkedax
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 59
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 24, 2021, 04:05:34 PM
 #4665

For this coin to be covered with a copper basin!
You are thieves and crooks!
This project is a big scam!

 Huh Huh Huh Huh

The only scammer here is you. Stop trying to blame others for your own inability to secure your devices.

Not just me, but several more of the wallets lost coins!
The coins were transferred to the same exchange wallet!
The project managers don't even try to figure out what happened!
Therefore, the following conclusion is obtained:
This project is a big scam!
kinkajou
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 55
Merit: 2


View Profile
July 30, 2021, 02:41:52 PM
 #4666

For this coin to be covered with a copper basin!
You are thieves and crooks!
This project is a big scam!

 Huh Huh Huh Huh

The only scammer here is you. Stop trying to blame others for your own inability to secure your devices.

Not just me, but several more of the wallets lost coins!
The coins were transferred to the same exchange wallet!
The project managers don't even try to figure out what happened!
Therefore, the following conclusion is obtained:
This project is a big scam!

All of your wallets lost coins because your device was compromised. Your device was compromised because you are a careless/irresponsible individual. There are no current known vulnerabilities in RavenCore software and we've had multiple security audits to substantiate this. Therefore, the following conclusion is obtained: you are a moron.


New Ravencoin SitRep Podcast on tokenizing real-estate here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/75DUapJA9kt5zNT1oc4xvz


The second part of the marketing competition (visual advertisement) is also live! Come submit your artwork here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ravencoin/comments/othrqd/contest_time_submit_your_ravencoin_blockchain_for/

Ravencoin Community Discord: https://discord.gg/BByPaNTP3U
Open Development Meetings every Friday @ 4PM EST
Piston Honda
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1060


Juicin' crypto


View Profile
July 30, 2021, 05:39:20 PM
 #4667

Pump and dump currently active

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
kinkajou
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 55
Merit: 2


View Profile
July 30, 2021, 11:00:02 PM
 #4668

Dev Meeting Transcript (July 30, 2021)

[4:10 PM] Tron: Channel is open
[4:14 PM] kinkajou: hello!
[4:16 PM] Wilson. CEO ฿: Hi
[4:16 PM] parole895: :100:
[4:17 PM] Sevvy (bootlicker): Hello
[4:17 PM] Sevvy (bootlicker): So, what's new?
[4:21 PM] kinkajou: I saw @Hans_Schmidt managed a successful HTLC  cross-chain atomic swap from BTC to RVN asset on the testnet - do we have any update on P2SH? I think we were waiting on another quote/review from ISE?
[4:22 PM] kralverde: Noice
[4:23 PM] Tron: Yes. Still waiting on a bid for a security audit on entire change (critical parts)
[4:24 PM] Tron: Awesome work from @Hans_Schmidt
[4:25 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Thanks- the P2SH code worked great for the HTLC
[4:31 PM] kinkajou: Very exciting stuff. I know a lot of people on Reddit have been asking about the possibility of cross-chain swaps to RVN assets so pretty big deal having someone successfully complete one to prove it can be done.
I'd like to bring up the stably stablecoin again. I know initially there was not much interest in a stablecoin on RVN (and I was among those uninterested) but I think with @Ben s work on Raventrader and atomic swaps it might be worth revisiting.
[4:33 PM] kinkajou: Is there any other community/developer interest in a stablecoin for Ravencoin? I think it would be nice for on-chain DeFi and there's a lot of negative headlines about tether lately
[4:33 PM] Ben: hey all, great to hear about the HTLC (would love to see the code @hans)
sorry i haven't been around much, been working on a bit of an under wraps project for a while :slight_smile:
[4:34 PM] Tron: I would like a stable coin too.  It opens up possibilities.
[4:34 PM] Tron: The general fund is insufficient right now for the amount they were asking.
[4:35 PM] Tron: The general fund could contribute to a stable coin fund. That would also help gauge interest.
[4:35 PM] Kent Bull: What is HTLC?
[4:36 PM] kinkajou: I would be open to donating toward a stablecoin on RVN. What's the best way to go about setting up a project-specific fund for this?
[4:37 PM] kinkajou: Hash Time Locked Contracts https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hash_Time_Locked_Contracts
[4:40 PM] Kent Bull: Earlier this year OpenDAO and pNetwork were interested in setting up a $RVN0 stablecoin. The https://omnicomp.ocp.finance/ DApp originally supported staking pRVN for the USD0 stablecoin.
[4:40 PM] Kent Bull: I believe I frustrated them by asking so many questions about exactly how the bridge worked. I should have done more research to figure it out on my own.
[4:41 PM] Kent Bull: What it came down to is they were asking $500K from the RVN community to support a pRVN bridge to a RVN-backed stablecoin $RVN0
[4:41 PM] Kent Bull: When we didn't gather enough backers then we ended up calling it a miss, which I take some responsibility for.
[4:43 PM] Kent Bull: V1 of their DApp shows pRVN as an option: https://v1omnicomp.ocp.finance/
[4:44 PM] kinkajou: $500k is an awful lot of money - I thought Stably only wanted a bit over $100k?
Personally I had a bit of trouble understanding pRVN and the staking as well - but I don't necessarily think we need a liquidity pool/staking option right away. Simply having a stablecoin on-chain would open up a lot of possibilities alone.
[4:44 PM] Tron: It was $120K.
[4:45 PM] Kent Bull: Thanks for the correction. I must have remembered wrong.
[4:45 PM] Tron: They subsequently came up with a plan that wasn’t cheaper, but contributed all their code as open source.
[4:46 PM] kinkajou: Open source is a must IMO.
[4:47 PM] Tron: Their big value-add is their ability to mint/burn and use a custodian for the USD.
[4:48 PM] Tron: I’ll open the conversation with them.
[4:49 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Ben, I hope the details I published about the Raven_asset/BTC HTLC Swap will be enough for people to understand how it works and write the code they need. If you have not see it, it's at:
https://hans-schmidt.github.io/mastering_ravencoin/analysis/HTLC_P2SH_Cross-Chain_Atomic_Swaps_RVN-Assets_With_BTC.html

I did this HTLC swap by extensively modifying a python library and writing a Jupyter notebook around it. It's a bit hacky for publication, but I can certainly share more details with you when you are ready if the description on my website is insufficient.

Also, I have been giving a lot of thought to your Issue raising questions about support for 2-step swaps in core, and I hope to make a proposal soon which addresses your questions and makes Ravencoin better suited as a defi major player.
[4:50 PM] Final Boss: I check for traps
[4:51 PM] Ben: all sounds great, will give it a read. and yea, i wanna make sure the core implementation is well defined before getting started on it
[4:54 PM] Kent Bull: @Hans_Schmidt If you'd like someone to replicate the HTLC cross-chain atomic swap let me know. I'd love to replicate the work you did, just to add numbers to the story.
[4:55 PM] Kent Bull: I'd like to see what it means and how it works.
[4:56 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Great. Give that doc a read and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
[4:56 PM] Kent Bull: I'll start there.
[5:01 PM] Kent Bull: An on-chain stablecoin would be cool. Would we implement that as an Asset?
[5:02 PM] Kent Bull: With a smart contract on another chain to control supply or something like that?
[5:03 PM] kinkajou: Hmm that might've been an assumption on my part come to think of it. I'm not sure if I ever remember reading about it being "on-chain". Hopefully Tron can provide us more details when he gets in touch.
[5:03 PM] kinkajou: edit: @Tron mentions a stablecoin "on platform" at the dev meeting on April 9: https://discord.com/channels/429127343165145089/482289959261175838/830185035683594260
So that would be RVN yes?
[5:07 PM] Ben: there would be an on-chain asset yes, but an off-chain contract to support it and maintain the value
[5:08 PM] Hans_Schmidt: From "pRVN bridge to a RVN-backed stablecoin $RVN0", I got the impression that this scheme locked RVN so that pRVN could be traded on Ethereum markets. We need the opposite- we need a bridge which allows us to lock value on Ethereum and other chains into Ravencoin assets so that we can trade those assets on Ravencoin.
[5:09 PM] Kent Bull: That's why I was so confused. I thought we needed the opposite as well.
[5:10 PM] Kent Bull: Then again, maybe I still have it backwards.
[5:10 PM] Tron: Agree. The token is on-chain. The backing is custodial USD.   Backed 1:1
[5:13 PM] Tron: pRVN is just RVN collateral.  This way USD can be borrowed into existence with over-collateralization
[5:13 PM] Tron: This protects the lender.
[5:13 PM] Tron: And loans are not taxed.  Selling is taxed.

Ravencoin Community Discord: https://discord.gg/BByPaNTP3U
Open Development Meetings every Friday @ 4PM EST
WickedPigeon
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 345
Merit: 16


View Profile
August 03, 2021, 09:35:58 PM
 #4669


Oh Broken Piston,
Still can't add value to the conversation. Still crying over the missed opportunities. Your ADK is a shit coin with no support, no use case, and you attack RVN - why?

Show me the pump and dump
RVN returns:
1h      24h     7d      14d      30d       1y
1.0%  8.9%  20.3%  33.4%  27.2%  244.7%

Buy the dips, sell the runs and cash in all day long.
2021 has been a great year to trade RVN.

Tron Black has done a great job with RVN. And I would like to thank him for making me so, so much money.
Thank you Tron - keep up the good work!

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
Booster1888
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 68
Merit: 2


View Profile
August 06, 2021, 06:49:11 PM
 #4670

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ravencoin/comments/othrqd/contest_time_submit_your_ravencoin_blockchain_for/

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/Qma5Hb6KVZzE9rWQB5PaZva4cyqQW2aSgsVgMaKKVrEHvP?filename=RVN_For_Business_by_zebratif.mp4
Piston Honda
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1060


Juicin' crypto


View Profile
August 06, 2021, 07:16:54 PM
 #4671


Oh Broken Piston,
Still can't add value to the conversation. Still crying over the missed opportunities. Your ADK is a shit coin with no support, no use case, and you attack RVN - why?

Show me the pump and dump
RVN returns:
1h      24h     7d      14d      30d       1y
1.0%  8.9%  20.3%  33.4%  27.2%  244.7%

Buy the dips, sell the runs and cash in all day long.
2021 has been a great year to trade RVN.

Tron Black has done a great job with RVN. And I would like to thank him for making me so, so much money.
Thank you Tron - keep up the good work!


lol spoken like a true 'holder' only cos you think you're in the know.  this is rekt project and is nothing but fodder for whales to pnd all day long.  lmao those figures you show 1y...yeah obv because jan 2021 was pump season thru this year...yet shit been dead for 2yrs prior loool.  and don't call me missed and crying, i been in rvn year back for all the in/outs.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
WickedPigeon
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 345
Merit: 16


View Profile
August 06, 2021, 08:39:49 PM
 #4672


lol spoken like a true 'holder' only cos you think you're in the know.  this is rekt project and is nothing but fodder for whales to pnd all day long.  lmao those figures you show 1y...yeah obv because jan 2021 was pump season thru this year...yet shit been dead for 2yrs prior loool.  and don't call me missed and crying, i been in rvn year back for all the in/outs.

You have been anti-rvn and throwing shade since your first post here.

Sorry douche bag,  You have never traded RVN, would have to show me the on chain trades -
you have been nothing but a FUD salesman for years.
you have never added any value here - not one helpful insights.
Nothing but Fud.

Sorry loser -
Or prove me wrong, share your research - show me the whales and the pump and dumps.
Or does moving higher on increasing volume with a growing user base mean pump and dump to you
Just stop spreading FUD.

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
WickedPigeon
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 345
Merit: 16


View Profile
August 06, 2021, 08:41:26 PM
 #4673


lol spoken like a true 'holder' only cos you think you're in the know.  this is rekt project and is nothing but fodder for whales to pnd all day long.  lmao those figures you show 1y...yeah obv because jan 2021 was pump season thru this year...yet shit been dead for 2yrs prior loool.  and don't call me missed and crying, i been in rvn year back for all the in/outs.

You have been anti-rvn and throwing shade since your first post here.

Sorry douche bag,  You have never traded RVN, would have to show me the on chain trades -
you have been nothing but a FUD salesman for years.
you have never added any value here - not one helpful insights.
Nothing but Fud.

Sorry loser -
Or prove me wrong, share your research - show me the whales and the pump and dumps.
Or does moving higher on increasing volume with a growing user base mean pump and dump to you
Just stop spreading FUD.


“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
kinkajou
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 55
Merit: 2


View Profile
August 06, 2021, 10:25:58 PM
 #4674

Dev Meeting Transcript (August 6, 2021)

[4:06 PM] Tron: Hi everyone.
[4:06 PM] Hedger: Hello :sunrise_over_mountains:
[4:07 PM] #1RVNfan: Hello!
[4:08 PM] Sevvy (King Clot): Hi
[4:09 PM] kralverde: Howdy
[4:09 PM] JeremyHS: :wave:
[4:09 PM] Tron: I don't have any specific agenda items.
[4:10 PM] Tron: I have a couple of updates.
[4:10 PM] Tron: We finally got the phone number updated on the Ravencoin Foundation records which was holding up the signing key.
[4:10 PM] Tron: Next step is to have them verify that via the third party (D&B).
[4:11 PM] Tron: ------------------
[4:11 PM] Tron: ISE is getting me an estimate on doing a security evaluation on all the other non-P2SH changes.  Expecting that in about a week.
[4:12 PM] kralverde: If they were to do a review, how long would that be?
[4:12 PM] Tron: I'm not sure.  I'm sure that will be included with their estimate.
[4:14 PM] Tron: There's been lots of activity over the last few days.  OnTheBlock has been working to line up podcasts.
[4:14 PM] Tron: Ravencoin is LunarCrush coin of the day (again).
[4:15 PM] #1RVNfan: Were you able to get in touch with Stably?
[4:15 PM] #1RVNfan: Regarding the stable coin on RVN
[4:18 PM] Tron: Not yet.
[4:20 PM] kralverde: After we get these signing keys and make the release, what are you looking at for next steps development wise
[4:20 PM] Tron: I just e-mailed Stably to see where we are and what we can do to push that forward.
[4:22 PM] Tron: I think it would nice to have better support for memos (in Core).  It would also be nice to have 2nd tier UI solution for messaging, and memos.   Just a site that makes them available via a web page, and via an API.
[4:23 PM] kralverde: And what does a memo in this context mean
[4:24 PM] kralverde: An asset message?
[4:24 PM] Tron: A memo is an IPFS hash (Content Id) that goes with a transaction.
[4:25 PM] kralverde: Nice ive heard asset messages and broadcasts are a bit lacking in the ui right now
[4:25 PM] Tron: Message (IPFS sent with tx in a loop to root asset admin token), Meta-Data (IPFS with asset creation transaction), Memo (IPFS with any transaction).
[4:25 PM] kralverde: Ah so memo is the op return?
[4:26 PM] Tron: Yes.
[4:26 PM] Tron: Core protocol supports them all.  UI support is spotty so usage is spotty.
[4:28 PM] Tron: Ideally, once support is added, then other wallets (Moon Tree, Stibits, MangoFarm, Zelcore, etc) will support them.
[4:28 PM] Tron: If it is popular, then maybe Edge, Exodus, Trust Wallet, etc would also support memos.
[4:29 PM] Tron: These are immutable (public) memos.  Different than adding a memo in Exodus which is local only.
[4:29 PM] Tron: Of course they can be encrypted if they are for your eyes only.
[4:37 PM] #1RVNfan: What about SegWit? @WhaleStreet also mentioned researching covenants - is that something the devs are interested in looking into?
[4:39 PM] kralverde: I know there were throwing around ideas of making a new type of transaction to make buy/sell orders on some kind of decentralized listing based on ben’s atomic swaps
[4:39 PM] JustAResearcher: Segwit would be nice. Taproot would be nice. MWEB would be nice. There’s a lot of things we could do.
[4:41 PM] #1RVNfan: That sounds interesting. Is that related to covenants or something different?
[4:41 PM] kralverde: It would be our own thing
[4:44 PM] #1RVNfan: Very cool I'd love to hear more about that. Is there an ongoing discussion happening somewhere we can follow?
[4:44 PM] kralverde: It was during a qt voice meeting two weeks ago (every wednesday 1530ET)
[4:45 PM] kralverde: Just an idea right now
[5:02 PM] Hedger: @Tron what projects devs working on you think will make it to the core gui first? Thx
[5:08 PM] Tron: There are no central devs.  There are generous volunteer devs, and bounty incentivized devs.
[5:09 PM] Tron: If there is a general consensus on what should be incentivized, I'll add bounties for issues (improvements).
[5:11 PM] Tron: ------
[5:12 PM] Tron: Closing the channel....

Ravencoin Community Discord: https://discord.gg/BByPaNTP3U
Open Development Meetings every Friday @ 4PM EST
King_of_Shitcoins
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 11
Merit: 1


View Profile
August 10, 2021, 06:26:57 PM
 #4675


Slooooooooweeessstttt  pump and dump I've ever seen....

but as long as there is a pump...
kinkajou
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 55
Merit: 2


View Profile
August 13, 2021, 09:31:06 PM
 #4676

Dev Meeting Transcript (August 13, 2021)

[4:00 PM] Tron: ------------------------
[4:01 PM] Tron: The channel is open for discussion.  I'm going to close it at 3:00pm Mountain so that these discussions don't run all Friday afternoon.
[4:03 PM] Tron: ------------
[4:04 PM] Tron: As you may know there are DM messages being sent through Discord suggesting that there is an upgrade for Ravencoin.  This is a scam.  We've seen it before.
[4:04 PM] kralverde 🇺🇸: :wave:
[4:05 PM] Tron: I've reversed the domain and IP address and tracked it to ProHoster (Russian hosting site).  Thanks to Google translate, I was able to get a message to their support and request that they remove the site.  I've gotten automated confirmation back that they have the support ticket, but no actual response yet.
[4:06 PM] Tron: I've put a PSA in #news, and tweeted out a warning.
[4:07 PM] kralverde 🇺🇸: Any updates on the audit and signing?
[4:11 PM] Cryptonite: Hi guys, does someone has an idea if, ravencoin community has planed to make RVN much efficient, less energy consuming and heating? because İ think rvn is a realy good project but after ETH 2.0 all miners will search for an alternative that they can mine, but these problemes will dissuade not just miners but major institutions as well.
[4:13 PM] kinkajou: Also have you heard back from Stably Tron ? Could we go ahead and get a proposal for the stablecoin on https://ravencoin.foundation/proposals since we know roughly what the cost will be?
Having a donation address for people to passively mine to or donate to as they see fit would be nice and would also help gauge interest better than word of mouth (which seems to be overwhelmingly positive based on my conversations over the past couple weeks)
[4:16 PM] Tron: No information on the audit (yet).  In fairness, they said 2 weeks and it has been 1.3ish.
[4:17 PM] Tron: Yes, the approval for the signing key is done.  They've sent it - snail mail and it has not arrived yet.  Weird, but I think they're using that to verify the physical address.
[4:17 PM] Biz: Hello! I saw on Twitter that there is interest in adding LN/segwit support to Ravencoin. I am interested in doing this work, as I am actively doing similar review/fixes upon LN with CHIPS (KMD ecosystem). Chips uses segwit by default
[4:17 PM] Biz: If there is an opportunity for funded work in this regard, I would be happy to meet with VCs next week to discuss as well
[4:18 PM] Tron: Stably has sent me a MNDA which I'm still reviewing.
[4:19 PM] Tron: Biz Let's start the conversation here.
[4:19 PM] Tron: Segwit would allow a lightning network to be built as a second layer.  If we build it, we'd obviously want asset support included.
[4:20 PM] Tron: Since you have some experience Biz with this.  What do you think it would take?  (time & funding)?
[4:22 PM] Biz: When you say asset support included, you mean tokens upon raven?
[4:23 PM] Tron: Yes.
[4:23 PM] Biz: For that full extent, I can’t give an accurate timeline without looking under the hood further. Segwit would be a first step yes. Could be done as two separate projects as a result
[4:23 PM] Biz: As we work through the segwit stuff, I’ll gain some familiarity to know more precisely how possible the LN assets are
[4:24 PM] Biz: Segwit will also require a hardfork
[4:24 PM] Tron: For example, we inherited P2SH from Bitcoin code but it didn't work for assets.  We'd want lightning/segwit support for assets.
[4:25 PM] Cryptonite: Guys can İ say something? maybe before making tokens upon raven, have you think about raven efficiency?
[4:25 PM] Biz: How heavily was your P2SH modified to accommodate the assets? Can you provide some links where I can research what was done? I.e. specific commits?
[4:25 PM] Biz: Not needed immediately, general gist is fine
[4:25 PM] kinkajou: An issue for SegWit has been submitted here: https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/issues/979
Would be nice to get a proposal going for this on the foundation site as well once we figure out cost.
[4:26 PM] Biz: Yes, I did read that. I looked at your existing proposals, and my price would generally be on-par with two separate projects. Maybe slightly higher depending on how much of testing/formal code review falls on me rather than raven team.
[4:26 PM] Tron: The ISE proposal just came in. Their ears must've been burning.  $28K.
[4:27 PM] brianmct: https://ravencoin.org/assets is a good place to start for technical info about assets @Biz
Ravencoin
Assets
A peer-to-peer blockchain designed to handle the efficient creation and transfer of assets from one party to another. It’s an open-source project based on Bitcoin
[4:27 PM] Biz: Cost would be under that, certainly
[4:28 PM] Biz: (Without support for assets, but maybe depending on how much additional is needed)
[4:28 PM] Tron: Sorry, mixing two things.  We've been requesting a bid for a security audit for all the other code (that hasn't been audited as part of the P2SH code audit), and the bid just came in.
[4:29 PM] Biz: Understood. To be fair, the auditing costs I would consider severable from raw implementation costs. This is what I meant when I said this: depending on how much testing/formal review falls on me rather than raven team
[4:30 PM] Tron: Asset transactions are just Ravencoin transactions with additional data in what you would know as OP_RETURN, but we have special OP code for Asset transactions.  P2SH added some complications because the P2PK transactions assumed some fixed sizes.
[4:30 PM] Cryptonite: İ mean we must to do something to optimize the algorithme to make raven  using less energy and less heat. With the environmental movement becoming more and more important, we should make mining more eco-friendly if we want to have the support of the people.
[4:31 PM] Tron: The expectation is to have some unit tests and functional tests.  The testing framework is identical to Bitcoin's framework.  There will obviously be other eyes looking at it, and a formal security audit (paid separately).
[4:32 PM] Sevvy: The algorithm is designed to make a gpu run at basically max utilization so that an ASIC would have to look a lot like a gpu and lose its advantage. What you're describing is a feature not a flaw
[4:32 PM] Sevvy: I'm a layperson but that is my understanding
[4:33 PM] Sevvy: The last time we changed our algorithm it was held by many that it would be the last time. onwards
[4:33 PM] Tron: Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  Proof-of-work uses energy up to the point that there is diminishing incentives.  Let's say we made KAWPOW 90% more efficient (10x the # of hashes per unit of energy on any given hardware).  Then 10x more people would start mining it and the difficulty adjustment would compensate in real-time to make sure blocks (and reward) come out at 1 minute intervals.
[4:36 PM] Tron: On the plus side (in the short term) there is a lot of buzz around Ravencoin as Ethereum started burning fees, and the London fork will switch to POS.  This puts Ravencoin in the pole position for miners and all the exposure (mind share) that comes with that.
[4:38 PM] Biz: That sounds manageable. I’ve been working with scripting at great length in both BTC & XMR worlds lately. Sounds simple enough in theory
[4:39 PM] Tron: The code should look familiar.  Asset code is separated into its own area, and most of the BTC code stayed the same (as it was in Oct 2017).  With the exception of critical fixes that were made along the way.
[4:40 PM] kinkajou: Proof-of-work essentially just converts energy into currency. Ravencoin's algorithm is designed so that commodity hardware can perform this proof-of-work with relative certainty that specialized hardware will not be manufactured later to centralize hashrate. The algorithm does not explicitly prevent this, but makes it economically infeasible to do so.
In that regard, RVN's algorithm is already fairly eco friendly since the network is not dominated by farms of thousands upon thousands of high-powered single function ASICs that will become scrap in a few years. Cryptonite
[4:41 PM] Sevvy: Well said. Esp on the e waste issue
[4:45 PM] Tron: Biz If you want to DM me and give me an idea of what it would cost, we can set up a bounty on the issue.
[4:45 PM] Biz: Nice. Sounds like I will be familiar. Have worked extensively with 0.16.0 codebase and more recently 0.21.0
[4:46 PM] Tron: It's not a rush, and security is our primary concern.
[4:46 PM] Tron: Here's a link to the Ravencoin ISE proposal
[4:46 PM] Tron: https://betterproposals.io/proposal//cover.php?ProposalID=_GbzZYpO6Fso19p6z6A_SM4sgOiZ4do2sPls0ucmwNM&ContactID=Nu02Fl8Db7e4aip0YCisNps6i8zt5Qeajv8a5vXZiVk
[4:47 PM] Biz: Awesome, that’s very helpful. Will definitely follow up over DM once I have a deeper look at things. I could spout numbers without some self-education but that helps no one :wink:
[4:48 PM] Biz: I’ll follow up by beginning of next week.
[4:50 PM] kinkajou: I believe P2SH was community-funded within a matter of hours so I don't imagine you will need to speak with any VCs :stuck_out_tongue:
[4:53 PM] Cryptonite: I understand what you mean and you are right in some sense. but economically infeasible is relative, because I think that if raven takes such a value as bitcoin, there will be people ready to invest in ASİC. And if we count that the raven does not rise too much in value for it remains uninteresting, it is counterproductive. Don't you think?
[4:54 PM] Biz: I would propose a bounty structure payed out in 3 waves. 1/3 to commence work, 1/3 at halfway, 1/3 at full deliver.
[4:54 PM] Biz: This ensures both sides have some assurances
[4:54 PM] Tron: The rise in RVN value promotes a simultaneous rise in security, which justifies its value.  It is a positive feedback loop.
[4:56 PM] kinkajou: The thing is - why would one invest tens/hundreds of millions of dollars and years of time into R&D and manufacturing on hardware that's only ~40% better when you could just buy GPU? That is an awful lot of time and money for a marginal gain - and for all they know we could just fork them off again rendering their entire investment worthless.
[4:56 PM] Tron: Anyone can create an ASIC, because that just means they've built something that ONLY does KAWPOW.  But, because of the nature of KAWPOW, the custom hardware will be similar to a video card, but without the manufacturing scale that AMD and NVidia have.  It is unlikely to have a significant advantage.
[4:57 PM] Vincent: With everyone not happy about the previous audits, why do we continue..?
[4:58 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I do not expect asset support to have significant impact on Segwit code. P2SH was impacted by assets in a major way because P2SH and its associated Redeem scripts are ScriptPubKey related code, and Ravencoin's asset scripting is appended to the ScriptPubKeys on outputs. Segwit is primarily about the ScriptSigs on inputs, which are the same in Ravencoin as in Bitcoin.
The bigger issue is that Bitcoin has had close to 15000 commits since Ravencoin forked, including a lot of code refactoring, so I expect that the Segwit support will have to be written for Ravencoin mostly from scratch.
The important aspect of Segwit is not in just setting up a bounty but in the unit and functional tests to make sure that the solution works and didn't break anything else. We have already had bounty projects which were paid out and the code ended up being reverted because it ended up being unusable.
I am all in favor of Segwit and of engaging new devs to the project. But we need to make sure that we define and test the bounty projects better than we have done in the past.
[5:01 PM] Cryptonite: you mean, the higher the raven value, the more miners there will be to secure the network, but this is the case for all PoW cryptos. or did you mean something else?
[5:05 PM] Biz: This sounds fairly probable. It’s also why I proposed the payment schedule. Allows for amendment or pausing, as necessary. I’m not in the business of shipping non-secure code, but recognize others are. Happy to do the extra work for extra funding in shoring up security
[5:06 PM] Biz: Chips was running segwit on 0.16.0 codebase, but LN required an upgrade to 0.21.0
[5:06 PM] Biz: Been fixing bugs in backend/API as they arose in a bounty they paid out for upgrade
[5:06 PM] Tron: That's a legit question.  It's hard to evaluate.  Let's say that the devs are so good that nothing of significance is found.  That's a great thing.  Or, alternatively, the evaluation isn't thorough enough and there are security issues that were glossed over.  How do we know which it is?  My view is that any additional review is worth it unless we have reason to believe that they will not be able to find anything - because of incompetence or inappropriate methodology.  I have asked that they provide a list of what and how they evaluate, and not just a "we didn't find nuthin' report'.
[5:08 PM] Biz: Sounds like the OP_RETURN strategy won’t have a very large impact on segwit compat. Way extension was gone about at RVN sounds good for the upgrade
[5:09 PM] Biz: Upgrading codebase to a higher version will require some heavy review, however. Particularly if jumping from 0.16.0 to 0.21.0 as my recent work. That code won’t enter production until October
[5:09 PM] Biz: Very okay with clearly defining scope, deliverables, and timeline as a result, on my end.
[5:10 PM] Vincent: Not being a coder, i don't know the details but many devs had called the last one worthless... but ... what do i know...
[5:10 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Ravencoin's bitcoin codebase is even a bit older than that. But your attitude sounds encouraging. Welcome to the project. Look forward to working together.
[5:11 PM] Biz: Hardly in the business of quick and dirty bounties, as others often are. More so interested in collaboration and a steady work beat.
[5:11 PM] Biz: Looking forward to what opportunities may be uncovered here as well :slight_smile: great to get acquainted with you all
[5:16 PM] Tron: Thanks Biz .  And welcome.
[5:17 PM] Tron: I'm going to close the channel.  Thanks to everyone for participating.  As always you can reach me here, or via e-mail tron@ravencoin.foundation

Ravencoin Community Discord: https://discord.gg/BByPaNTP3U
Open Development Meetings every Friday @ 4PM EST
HighlyWealthy_individual
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 3
Merit: 0


View Profile
August 14, 2021, 02:26:46 AM
 #4677

Who do I speak to to talk about a security flaw
kinkajou
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 55
Merit: 2


View Profile
August 15, 2021, 12:53:38 AM
 #4678

Who do I speak to to talk about a security flaw

You can email Tron here: tron@ravencoin.foundation

Ravencoin Community Discord: https://discord.gg/BByPaNTP3U
Open Development Meetings every Friday @ 4PM EST
Piston Honda
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1060


Juicin' crypto


View Profile
August 18, 2021, 08:07:01 PM
 #4679


lol spoken like a true 'holder' only cos you think you're in the know.  this is rekt project and is nothing but fodder for whales to pnd all day long.  lmao those figures you show 1y...yeah obv because jan 2021 was pump season thru this year...yet shit been dead for 2yrs prior loool.  and don't call me missed and crying, i been in rvn year back for all the in/outs.

You have been anti-rvn and throwing shade since your first post here.

Sorry douche bag,  You have never traded RVN, would have to show me the on chain trades -
you have been nothing but a FUD salesman for years.
you have never added any value here - not one helpful insights.
Nothing but Fud.

Sorry loser -
Or prove me wrong, share your research - show me the whales and the pump and dumps.
Or does moving higher on increasing volume with a growing user base mean pump and dump to you
Just stop spreading FUD.



lmao typical community/bagholder fanboi talk.  it's ok bro, just hold and the whales who run this coin may let you exit again one day.  there is zeeerrrrooo this "project" does and the price is nothing by pnd whale action.
and yes i was in rvn and enjoyed what it USED to be way back when, traded only on exch, didn't bother using wallet if they even had one.  but thanks.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
King_of_Shitcoins
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 11
Merit: 1


View Profile
August 19, 2021, 04:13:55 PM
 #4680

lmao typical community/bagholder fanboi talk.  it's ok bro, just hold and the whales who run this coin may let you exit again one day.  there is zeeerrrrooo this "project" does and the price is nothing by pnd whale action.
and yes i was in rvn and enjoyed what it USED to be way back when, traded only on exch, didn't bother using wallet if they even had one.  but thanks.

OK Piston man,
You are a FUD spreader on this thread, just not sure why. Did you get burned - sorry man, it happens to us all. I've read your posts - no actual support for any statement you've made. So, Wicked is correct, you are a FUDer.

I don't think you know what you're talking about - by the way there has always been a wallet - and exchanges came way later. So BS on that one.
And a quick check on the RVN top 200 wallets - does not support your "Pump and Dump by Whales" - so BS on that one too.
Piston - you should try to do a little due diligence - just a little maybe?

So are you pissed that a long term project supporter/miner is actively promoting and supporting this coin? I see Wicked's involvement going back to the launch - 3 and half years ago! Nice for the community to keep it's people.
I also see lots of social media/Medium/GitHub community support (and it's growing) - and while there could/should be more development - at least there is still a very active development team. And when investing in Shitcoins, this is probably the most important thing for the long term.

RVN, as a crypto platform, has a hill to clime if it is going to be a viable ecosystem and platform crypto - like ETH and SOL. Is it worth the risk - I think so. But you should do your own due diligence.

RVN, like many shitcoins, has it's issues, but this coin does have legs too. Given enough time and development.... this could be a winner. Meanwhile I've traded it three times for a profit and once for a loss. (All in all, net. I am up big). Currently I'm flat on this coin, but the next buy for me is around 13/12.75 cents. I love the bounces...

BTW - read Tron's last Medium post.. it's pretty good https://tronblack.medium.com/ravencoin-wen-coinbase-5287811cf637

As for the coin in your tag line - ADK - that one is going to die - just no development nor community support. Sorry but it is what it is... and I love shitcoins..... But ADK lacks legs . Try buying RVN at sub 13. Might change your mind....
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!