Poll
Question: What is your sex?
Male - 417 (87.2%)
Female - 37 (7.7%)
Other - 24 (5%)
Total Voters: 477

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we get the women on board?  (Read 38354 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 12:05:26 AM

Well that shows how little you know about genetics...

Yep, I know substantially more in software development rather than in genetics Smiley Let's be straight: there are 2 (two) parties involved in a birth of a new life: spermatozoids and ovum. One is male, another is female. Please tell me who is the third party there Smiley

The third party is the party host who threw a party, thereby allowing two parties to meet where, later that evening, spermatozoid meets ovum, bringing an end to the party. But there is a happy ending to this story. The little rascal grows up and, not ever seeing a dollar bill, spends his hard earned Bitcoin on stuff--stuff he don't need.

Bitcoin: For the Other Stuff

This is a much better explanation that I gave.

Bitcoin: It's probably not gonna get you laid...
Bitcoin: ...unless you pay for it...

Bitcoin is "Cob in It" (an anagram)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlyingFlapjack

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:18:06 AM

Right, because women LOVE slutty underwear (and whhich is why their men tend to buy it for them more than they tend to buy it for themselves).Roll Eyes

Oh come on, plenty of women obviously do like it. That they don't have to buy it for themselves is just a consequence of men also liking them in it.

Would you claim women don't like alcohol because men buy them drinks?
Yuusha

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:28:15 AM

Let's ask them to accept bitcoins!!!

http://chicapparel.info/index.php

That would be awesome Wink

Right, because women LOVE slutty underwear (and whhich is why their men tend to buy it for them more than they tend to buy it for themselves).
 Roll Eyes
Uh, A LOT of women love sexy underwear.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:45:40 AM

Right, because women LOVE slutty underwear (and whhich is why their men tend to buy it for them more than they tend to buy it for themselves).
 Roll Eyes
I wouldn't want to buy sexy underwear for myself. o.O

FlyingFlapjack

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:51:56 AM

hmm on point though, I can see how that actually is more like something a lady person would get her boyfriend to spend his bitcoins on rather than spend her own bitcoins on.

and there are a bunch of good ideas in this thread...and the most basic idea being that the bitcoin community needs more merchants is right on this point and has been brought up in other contexts...

Bitcoin does seem to need a 'business lead' as others have called it, to make the most of the ideas here. I'm not sure what to do other than just emailing merchants etc and saying 'hey, accept bitcoins, how 'bout it?'
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:18:15 AM

Roll Eyes

Are you kidding? Every ladyfriend I've ever had has had at least some slutty underwear she would bust out with, even the really quiet, unassuming ones.
BitcoinBabe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Side-stepping the matrix | Bit by bit

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 02:29:09 AM

Roll Eyes

Are you kidding? Every ladyfriend I've ever had has had at least some slutty underwear she would bust out with, even the really quiet, unassuming ones.

LOL. I have matching lingerie and I also have some slutty underwear (trust me, they're not the same thing). The latter was bought for me by a guy who only got to see me wear it so his feelings wouldn't get hurt.

I love it when men think they know women oh so very well. Cheesy

Yuusha

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:30:07 AM

LOL. I have matching lingerie and I also have some slutty underwear (trust me, they're not the same thing). The latter was bought for me by a guy who only got to see me wear it so his feelings wouldn't get hurt.

I love it when women think every other woman is exactly like them.
RandyFolds

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:35:39 AM

Roll Eyes

I don't know how I can come off not sounding like an asshole here, so here it goes. I am not saying I know women 'oh so well', I am just saying that I have slept with a fair amount of women and every single one of them busted out slutty underwear at some point, and they haven't all been sluts. I am only speaking from experience, nothing more. I didn't buy the slutty underwear for them, and I doubt that other men purchased them for every single one of them.

My current girlfriend with whom I have lived for two years occasionally comes home with something skanky from Victoria Secret or wherever women purchase such things.
BitcoinBabe

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 02:38:22 AM

I don't think all women are like me. Not even most of my women friends are me or like each other. But when it comes to women's underwear, many men don't seem to know the difference between classy and brassy (nor, for that matter, sexy and slutty), but their wives and girlfriends tend to put up with it anyway.
Tongue

RandyFolds

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:43:31 AM

I don't think all women are like me. Not even most of my women friends are me or like each other. But when it comes to women's underwear, many men don't seem to know the difference between classy and brassy (nor, for that matter, sexy and slutty), but their wives and girlfriends tend to put up with it anyway.
Tongue

Women in their underwear are sexy. That's that. When those underwear become exotic in any form, they become slutty, by my reckoning. Maybe I am too naive.
Yuusha

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:44:01 AM

Tongue
I've talked to a lot of women who say they love sexy underwear. These are women who haven't been sexually interested in me, so it wasn't said in any way to impress me or for me to feel better about myself. My current girlfriend also loves sexy underwear. For most of the women who love sexy underwear, it is all about being attractive to their man. They love the way the man they love look at them when they're wearing something sexy.
Yuusha

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:45:15 AM

Tongue

Women in their underwear are sexy. That's that. When those underwear become exotic in any form, they become slutty, by my reckoning. Maybe I am too naive.
Not naive. Just a bit old fashioned Tongue
CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:51:24 AM

How do you differentiate between sexy and slutty?  It seems rather subjective and based only on how a woman views herself.

My wife prefers La Perla but it is often worn as outerwear.  But this is Vegas so things are a little different here.

How does Bitcoinbabe define slutty underwear?
CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:57:27 AM

For example is the following outfit sexy or slutty?  Its a pic from a random night at Vanity nightclub at the Hard Rock Las Vegas but it may be NSFW.

http://cryptocommodity.org/tats/backsm.jpg

People use too many labels.
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:58:04 AM

For example is the following pic sexy or slutty?  Its a pic from a random night at Vanity nightclub at the Hard Rock Las Vegas but it may be NSFW.

Slightly slutty, IMO.

BitcoinBabe

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Tongue
I've talked to a lot of women who say they love sexy underwear. These are women who haven't been sexually interested in me, so it wasn't said in any way to impress me or for me to feel better about myself. My current girlfriend also loves sexy underwear. For most of the women who love sexy underwear, it is all about being attractive to their man. They love the way the man they love look at them when they're wearing something sexy.
I'm in total agreement. However, like I said, sexy doesn't equate slutty.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:12:29 AM

I would LOVE to have some 6970s but they're wayyy out of my budg right now.  I had to settle for some 5870s and a 5850 I found off Craigslist. 

You could always get a Bitcoin tattoo.  I'm sure we could get that bounty pretty quick.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
BitcoinBabe

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 03:15:23 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2011, 03:31:15 AM by BitcoinBabe

For example is the following outfit sexy or slutty?  Its a pic from a random night at Vanity nightclub at the Hard Rock Las Vegas but it may be NSFW.

Personally, I'd say slutty.

For what it's worth, I have a friend who used to be a pole dancer. She'd happily wear something like that for work. She'd never wear it outside of work, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't buy sexy underwear/lingerie for herself to wear under her regular clothes.

So are there women who'd think that was sexy? I guess.

However, to get back on topic, would a site that sells such an outfit be the best way to get women on board, especially with so few mainstream-friendly sites currently available? All it would do is cash in on the sleazy reputation that some would like to portray bitcoin as having.

Imagine a non-technie, non-libertarian woman has only heard negative things about bitcoin, like the Silk Road saga, and then couple that with the difficulty of securing your currency (to a non-techie). But let's say curiosity gets the better of her and she decides to see what she can actually buy with bitcoin, and all she comes across (for now) is a site that sells outfits like the one in your link. What d'you think she'd think? Slutty or sexy? Think she'd be chomping at the bit to get some bitcoin to buy that outfit?

BitcoinBabe

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 12:48:05 PM

Well, frome the way this thread has gone, it seems it's more important for some men to be right about women and slutty underwear than it is to find out how to get women to use bitcoin in large numbers.

It seems the idea of women in underwear is way to distracting for some of you, so I'll reiterate to try and get back/stay on topic:

Imagine a non-technie, non-libertarian woman has only heard negative things about bitcoin, like the Silk Road saga, and then couple that with the difficulty of securing your currency (to a non-techie). But let's say curiosity gets the better of her and she decides to see what she can actually buy with bitcoin, and all she comes across (for now) is a site that sells outfits like the ones that have so far been suggested or pointed out (http://chicapparel.info/index.php and http://cryptocommodity.org/tats/backsm.jpg). What d'you think she'd think? Do you seriously think she'd be chomping at the bit to get some bitcoin to buy any of these outfits?

Knock yourselves out guys!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: