Poll
Question: What is your sex?
Male - 417 (87.2%)
Female - 37 (7.7%)
Other - 24 (5%)
Total Voters: 477

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we get the women on board?  (Read 38354 times)
Karmicads

Activity: 185
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 03:42:14 AM

How do we get the women on board?

Maybe we should get out from behind the computer and talk to a few... Wink I haven't said two words to my wife since I heard about bitcoin a couple months ago... Tongue

Sorry TS.  I just couldn't help imagining a guy finally emerging from his lair after two months and uttering just two words:

"BIT COIN"

Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:48:44 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2011, 05:40:21 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

How do we get the women on board?

Maybe we should get out from behind the computer and talk to a few... Wink I haven't said two words to my wife since I heard about bitcoin a couple months ago... Tongue

Sorry TS.  I just couldn't help imagining a guy finally emerging from his lair after two months and uttering just two words:

"BIT COIN"

Tongue

I liked the post so much, I listed it on Craigslist: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/zip/2552744703.html

Better hurry before they take it down.

[edit] Boy, that sucks! First time ever I was flagged on Craigslist. Your posting has been flagged for removal. At least I saw it coming.

Karmicads

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:40:30 AM

Oh, I thought you had a 6990 based on your shirt. I guess you were just teasing us.  Grin

hah yeah I wish I had a 6990 or two. 

At this point I've lost all interest in the 90 bit. I'd just be all over the idea of going halves in a tenth of what's left. You're the hot little geek girl, so you do the math.  Wink

Mousepotato = HOTpotato Shssssssss Ooow!! DAMN girl. I vote that you be declared the Princes and poster girl for the whole bitcoin universe. Hope you like being folded in half and stapled in the belly.

HEY!! If you want a Vcard to blitz the blockchain, why not send a few pickyies to a video card manufacturing company tell them you are writing a review for one of the geekyest gaming or admin/network mags with a story about your bitcoin mining experience. Send your story and pics, to to show what a geek you are deep down inside and if they could lend you a sample of their highest power card you'll do photo shoot to offer them for advertising use. You negotiate it so that if they like the photos, you get to keep the card, otherwise they are not available. (There's not much risk at this point, since the've already seen your ordinary sample shots) So off you go to a studio to have a nice little professional photo shoot, being as cheeky and provocative as you dare. Get the Video card and box into the act. The raunchier the shots are the better but for a (G) rated mag you wont have to be too naughty.(Just send any out-takes they say are are too saucy to me Grin) and if you bring their card to life in a glossy tech mag, I think they would totally throw some cards your way.

Their card will be showcased so well, they'll be able to actually feel the heat of the whole internet rise as you are being rendered with them. You write to the computer/admin/gaming mag now, sending them your Classy new portfolio shots and the bitcoin story, asking if they want a good review of the card. The geek boys will be reviewing more than the video card and the mag may have to print the pages on something edible, but, if the v/card company or the magazine don't want more pics/ads/reviews or geeky girl story writting, then they are either blind, retarded, asexual, or the world has ended in nuclear holocaust.

The shirt is Kooool, though it seems a bit too big. Needs trimming just below the armpits. But DAMN that see-through-garment, invisibility rendering, browser extension comes in handy. Shocked
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 01:18:54 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2011, 01:29:39 PM by Mageant

Make the client nicer-looking (customizable colors/skins?) and easier to use.

How about playing a nice tune or a nice message when you get money? I think that would be very fun, sort of like "You got mail." from AOL times but instead something like "You got money - kaching!" - customizable of course. That would be a nice thing to hear when you start up your computer.

Instead of just plain addresses how about names (and a picture?).

Here's an idea!
Would it maybe be possible to add a message with a Bitcoin transfer?
Sort of like "Hey friend, here are the 2 BTC back that I owe you. Greetz". Maybe the client could send out an email?

The idea is to make it a lot more sociable.

cjgames.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 05:55:33 PM

Make the client nicer-looking (customizable colors/skins?) and easier to use.

How about playing a nice tune or a nice message when you get money? I think that would be very fun, sort of like "You got mail." from AOL times but instead something like "You got money - kaching!" - customizable of course. That would be a nice thing to hear when you start up your computer.

Instead of just plain addresses how about names (and a picture?).

Here's an idea!
Would it maybe be possible to add a message with a Bitcoin transfer?
Sort of like "Hey friend, here are the 2 BTC back that I owe you. Greetz". Maybe the client could send out an email?

The idea is to make it a lot more sociable.

Bitcoin: Created by "The Man" ~ For ALL Women

Flickering candles on the client and Bitcoin home page as well as on the top of this forum.
Kitaro's Light of the Spirit plays on every Bitcoin related page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E1-BDMRSVc

New coin design:

And have Bitcoin distributed like this:

Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 06:10:04 PM

At this point I've lost all interest in the 90 bit. I'd just be all over the idea of going halves in a tenth of what's left. You're the hot little geek girl, so you do the math.  Wink

I was never really good at math, but it almost sounds like you're trying to flirt with me.  BRB looking for a calculator...

Mousepotato = HOTpotato Shssssssss Ooow!! DAMN girl. I vote that you be declared the Princes and poster girl for the whole bitcoin universe. Hope you like being folded in half and stapled in the belly.

HEY!! If you want a Vcard to blitz the blockchain, why not send a few pickyies to a video card manufacturing company tell them you are writing a review for one of the geekyest gaming or admin/network mags with a story about your bitcoin mining experience. Send your story and pics, to to show what a geek you are deep down inside and if they could lend you a sample of their highest power card you'll do photo shoot to offer them for advertising use. You negotiate it so that if they like the photos, you get to keep the card, otherwise they are not available. (There's not much risk at this point, since the've already seen your ordinary sample shots) So off you go to a studio to have a nice little professional photo shoot, being as cheeky and provocative as you dare. Get the Video card and box into the act. The raunchier the shots are the better but for a (G) rated mag you wont have to be too naughty.(Just send any out-takes they say are are too saucy to me Grin) and if you bring their card to life in a glossy tech mag, I think they would totally throw some cards your way.

Their card will be showcased so well, they'll be able to actually feel the heat of the whole internet rise as you are being rendered with them. You write to the computer/admin/gaming mag now, sending them your Classy new portfolio shots and the bitcoin story, asking if they want a good review of the card. The geek boys will be reviewing more than the video card and the mag may have to print the pages on something edible, but, if the v/card company or the magazine don't want more pics/ads/reviews or geeky girl story writting, then they are either blind, retarded, asexual, or the world has ended in nuclear holocaust.

Yeahhh I doubt any vendor is going to toss me some gear for flashing the camera.  If it were that easy though, I might consider it Tongue

The shirt is Kooool, though it seems a bit too big. Needs trimming just below the armpits. But DAMN that see-through-garment, invisibility rendering, browser extension comes in handy. Shocked

Gabriel Beal sent me the shirts and I sent him some feedback on them.  The material is heavy cotton (I don't think an Xray plugin would work very well), and while they're very high quality, I like my shirts a lot thinner and maybe in a Baby-T form factor.  And I did cut off one of the shirts into a halter-top, but I haven't taken any pics in it yet.  I'll post them here when I can get a photog to come out and shoot me.

Mousepotato
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 06:25:00 PM

At this point I've lost all interest in the 90 bit. I'd just be all over the idea of going halves in a tenth of what's left. You're the hot little geek girl, so you do the math.  Wink

I was never really good at math, but it almost sounds like you're trying to flirt with me.  BRB looking for a calculator...

Yeahhh I doubt any vendor is going to toss me some gear for flashing the camera.  If it were that easy though, I might consider it Tongue

Gabriel Beal sent me the shirts and I sent him some feedback on them.  The material is heavy cotton (I don't think an Xray plugin would work very well), and while they're very high quality, I like my shirts a lot thinner and maybe in a Baby-T form factor.  And I did cut off one of the shirts into a halter-top, but I haven't taken any pics in it yet.  I'll post them here when I can get a photog to come out and shoot me.

I sure the hell hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I just came up with this brainfart and wanted to share it with you, Mousepotato. How would you like to bake, then show the image on this forum, the first Bitcoin Cake? For inspiration, I supplied the image below: http://blog.kendall-press.com/2011/07/press-release-kendall-press-delivers.html. Please, again, do not take this the wrong way. Sincerely, Bruno (my real name).

Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 06:34:24 PM

I sure the hell hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I just came up with this brainfart and wanted to share it with you, Mousepotato. How would you like to bake, then show the image on this forum, the first Bitcoin Cake? For inspiration, I supplied the image below: http://blog.kendall-press.com/2011/07/press-release-kendall-press-delivers.html. Please, again, do not take this the wrong way. Sincerely, Bruno (my real name).

Hi Bruno,

As bad as I am with math, I'm even worse at baking- probably because it involves math to some extent.  I made my brother Funfetti cake for his birthday and it came out more like a brownie than a cake.  I'm not even sure what I did wrong since I thought I had followed the instructions on the box perfectly.  But in all fairness, out of all the cakes I've ever baked, this one came out the cakiest Smiley

Mousepotato
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 06:39:58 PM

To get women on board we only need to remind them that during divorce they take half.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 06:52:33 PM

To get women on board we only need to remind them that during divorce they take half.

Or remind them that if they're the main provided of the partnership, and foresee the relationship ending soon, where to put their money.

Link for Thought: http://www.smartmoney.com/spend/family-money/the-five-mistakes-married-women-make-18078/
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:25:02 PM

Hi Bruno,

As bad as I am with math, I'm even worse at baking- probably because it involves math to some extent.  I made my brother Funfetti cake for his birthday and it came out more like a brownie than a cake.  I'm not even sure what I did wrong since I thought I had followed the instructions on the box perfectly.  But in all fairness, out of all the cakes I've ever baked, this one came out the cakiest Smiley

I am starting to doubt that you are even a woman...

It makes me mad that I can cook every girl I have ever dated under the fucking table. I am not saying women belong in the kitchen, but neither am I saying that they belong completely OUT of the kitchen. I am not sure why women think it is now ok to be completely incompetent concerning cooking and cleaning, particularly if you don't make enough to pay someone to do it for you.
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:25:59 PM

Dude...pure fucking gold.
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:38:37 PM

It makes me mad that I can cook every girl I have ever dated under the fucking table. I am not saying women belong in the kitchen, but neither am I saying that they belong completely OUT of the kitchen. I am not sure why women think it is now ok to be completely incompetent concerning cooking and cleaning, particularly if you don't make enough to pay someone to do it for you.

I said baking, not cooking in general.  I love cooking, but I'm no pro at it.  Most everything I know I've learned from Alton Brown's shows.

Mousepotato
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 08:44:03 PM

I said baking, not cooking in general.  I love cooking, but I'm no pro at it.  Most everything I know I've learned from Alton Brown's shows.

Allow me to clarify this issue: Women Cook ~ Girls Bake ~ Men BBQ ~ Boys Eat

Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:50:11 PM

Allow me to clarify this issue: Women Cook ~ Girls Bake ~ Men BBQ ~ Boys Eat

Yah well, I'm not really into a lot of typical girl stuff Smiley

Mousepotato
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:56:46 PM

I said baking, not cooking in general.  I love cooking, but I'm no pro at it.  Most everything I know I've learned from Alton Brown's shows.

Fair enough. Baking isn't all that important, but it is the most delicious. I have been making a bunch of baklava lately. It's so much work, but when you bust it out at a gathering, it impresses the skirts. Next up is medicated baklava. I have held off because it will be super hard to control dosage because it takes a friggin' pound of butter and I don't want people having panic attacks.

I learned how to cook and bake watching my mom. It is kind of sad, our generation is fucked. They'll be eating McDonald's till the day they die because they don't know how to feed themselves. My original point still stands; women (and men, for that matter) should go to greater lengths to learn how to cook, though I am not too sure about Alton. All I can say is Sakai Sakai Sakai!!!! Iron Chef Japan is the place to learn.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 09:09:56 PM

Fair enough. Baking isn't all that important, but it is the most delicious. I have been making a bunch of baklava lately. It's so much work, but when you bust it out at a gathering, it impresses the skirts. Next up is medicated baklava. I have held off because it will be super hard to control dosage because it takes a friggin' pound of butter and I don't want people having panic attacks.

I learned how to cook and bake watching my mom. It is kind of sad, our generation is fucked. They'll be eating McDonald's till the day they die because they don't know how to feed themselves. My original point still stands; women (and men, for that matter) should go to greater lengths to learn how to cook, though I am not too sure about Alton. All I can say is Sakai Sakai Sakai!!!! Iron Chef Japan is the place to learn.

My ex-wife was Greek, so I know how labor intense it is to make baklava. But not as labor intense as making kugelis of which I learned to make from my grandmother.

RandyFolds

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:17:15 PM

My ex-wife was Greek, so I know how labor intense it is to make baklava. But not as labor intense as making kugelis of which I learned to make from my grandmother.

I have never had it, but wikipedia makes it sound fucking delicious...

Kugelis (also bulvių plokštainis, the lexically correct non-foreign name, literally "flat potato dish" or banda - a dialecticism frequent especially in Dzūkija region) is a baked potato pudding that is a Lithuanian national dish. The main ingredients are potatoes, bacon, milk, onions, and eggs. It may be spiced with salt, black pepper, bay leaves, and/or marjoram. It is usually eaten with apple sauce, lingonberry preserve, sour cream, or crumbled fried fat—from white bacon (spirgai) or pork.[1]

Similar dishes are the German kugel and Belarusian potato babka.[1]

I want some sauerkraut.
Karmicads

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:22:17 PM

I was never really good at math, but it almost sounds like you're trying to flirt with me.  BRB looking for a calculator...

Well try one from English class instead: So, I'm planning on getting filthy rich you see.
Now I'm still not sure how I'll get rich, but as soon as I saw your photo I knew how I could get the first part.  Tongue

Yeahhh I doubt any vendor is going to toss me some gear for flashing the camera. 

HUH? If you flash a camera I'm sure I'd have to toss my gear.

You need an agent Mouse.  Wink

If it were that easy though, I might consider it Tongue

Think bout it... bitcoin will be huge IMHO + Mouse = Hottest little bitcoiner in universe + duz geek stuff + wait... still makin stuff up... BRB.

Aaaah... that's better. Now where was I ? Oh yeah, somebody needs to be the first to wear a bitcoin bikini at some big event and do lots of hot gurl promo type stuff... and go on the bitcoin show... model and promo all these new gurli gurl retail lines. Why not get amongst it? You'd be perfickt . Ya workin ATM or what?

The material is heavy cotton (I don't think an Xray plugin would work very well), and while they're very high quality, I like my shirts a lot thinner and maybe in a Baby-T form factor. 
Musta been my imagination then. Thin is good. Thin like body paint.  Cool

And I did cut off one of the shirts into a halter-top, but I haven't taken any pics in it yet.  I'll post them here when I can get a photog to come out and shoot me.

There must be a bitcoin photog around some place but where and HM? I think shooting is a bit harsh. I'd let you off with a good spanking.

PM if you need help.  Wink
Karmicads

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:13:28 PM

How do you differentiate between sexy and slutty? 

Sexy is what you do with a feather. slutty is when you use the whole chicken.   Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: