Poll
Question: What is your sex?
Male - 417 (87.2%)
Female - 37 (7.7%)
Other - 24 (5%)
Total Voters: 477

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we get the women on board?  (Read 38362 times)
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:42:00 PM

Girls simply think that cryptos are something for nerds. But as a girl I can tell that cryptos can be very good opportunity for part time job being at home, taking care of children, husband and home; just like I do in the current moment.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timotron

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

Trooper Founder & CEO

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 04:49:07 PM

We will discover when it happens.

Let's compare it to other things most women don't are interested in:

MOTORs

Hunting

Mathematics

there are probably more...

In any case, you can ask your question in all of those categories.

and the answer is not easy either there.

Maybe because it is dirty, dangerous or complicated.
 Maybe is boring?

How to get more females into crypto?
 a no-aggressive answer could be
 More fashion - more intrigue - an idol like Monroe for freedom - and definitely more use cases for female hobbies.

Good day all.

Trooper is a suite of tools for the gaming ecosystem, our first tool is a dedicated job portal for gamers to get engaged, all wrapped around the Trooper token MEDAL - $MDL
https://linktr.ee/trooperjobs
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:56:12 PM

Women will follow with the mainstream. We're not truly ready for mainstream adoption so we shouldn't actively go after the women right now.

The suggestions in the OP are good and will take  while to implement.

A flashy new client with a good interface would draw in a lot of men as well as women.

To be honest, I'd love to have the option to use a pretty interface/gui with a polished user experience.

I think that may be the second step to getting women into crypto. The first step will obviously be mass adoption and the first step to mass adoption is scaling.

And scaling leads to the dark side (jk) Scaling leads to bitcoin being closer to the whitepaper uses, micropayments and what not.

If we can do micropayments apps and mobile games can use it and women use those as well.

The advertising aspect in the OP is genius, this would do wonders as well and it's actually true, not false advertisement. I love it.

I'm glad this post was brought back from the dead.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
maksimukr1989

Activity: 511
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 01:24:03 PM

I notice on the contrary a lot of women will join crypto and it's very good.The more users of cryptocurrency the better.Many women know about bounty and are also very active in promoting products.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:00:24 PM

Girls simply think that cryptos are something for nerds. But as a girl I can tell that cryptos can be very good opportunity for part time job being at home, taking care of children, husband and home; just like I do in the current moment.

Actually,i think a lot of females are already in crypto. It's just that men are a little bit noisier when it comes to making predictions and speculations but there are already a lot of women on board. Same with forex and the stock market. It's seen as men's domain when there are a lot of women already in it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
cathalary153

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:06:52 AM

Women are entering all walks of life and working with men side by side with their roles and with the time that more women will care about it and also earn a profit from the item. their investment. I suggest building a bitcoin market to have something to be able to spend a new bitcoin at this time. When the market is not advanced, you will get many people involved both men and women. The entire Bitcoin market and electronic money are discriminatory and sexless. There are many women who invest in the electronic money market.
chris.woaks

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 11:16:09 AM

Most women will not choose to use bitcoins in its current stage. First of all, it's too technical for their nonsensical minds. Secondly, they can't max out a bitcoin like they can a credit card.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:59:28 PM

I think just few women are into cryptocurrency though I have a number of them around me that are even pro in crypto. But i think there should be a sort of organized orientation and views of individuals in crypto to women just as in politics, we have few of them there. Though things are changing gradually, just what we want in crypto also.
ngm22585

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:04:17 PM

I'm a man, and some of these responses are mind-blowing.

It's 2018.
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:07:03 PM

It is my belief that the majority of bitcoin users are males. Females, please prove me wrong through the poll.

Moving on, assuming that my belief is correct, the question is how we get them on board?

Let my first state that I think there is a difference in what would attract men and women to bitcoin. Men are more attracted to the avante garde aspect and the technological aspect, while women are more concerned with which technology works best for them now.
They want shinies, they want fast transfers, they might won over by ideology, but probably not the ideology of libertarianism. They want to use the system that their favorite site uses, and they want to use the system their friends use. This by the way probably describes how mainstream males think too.

Shinies:

Lets face it. Bitcoin, in its current state, is not shiny. To make a metaphor, it looks like a very advanced piece of technology with wires going everywhere. Contrast this with the "Apple look".
100 private keys is probably NOT the way to go. It is complicated, and ugly (it could be an option but not standard(
Proposal: One private key should be standard. It should not be in hex, bas64, or anything else ugly. One thing that could work would be a sort of dictionary encoding, where every 20 bits or whatever is mapped to a word. The word in the dictionary would have to be carefully selected to be positive, or at least neutral. If this is chosen, there should be a "generate new address", so that people could click until they found one they were satisfied with.
The websites used with bitcoins are not pretty either (exchanges+this site). Contrast for instance with this:
http://www.westernunion.se/web-inf/images/yes/heroAreaCanIAlone013009.swf (western union)
this is what the sites should have to attract women, I believe.
Proposal: Find a professional designer that takes a look at the bitcoin client. Preferably one who knows nothing at all about the technology behind. Hide the details of implementation, remember how Object Orientation works Wink

Fast transfers:

Bitcoins are a lot faster than banktransfers, but they can absolutely not compete with visa/mastercard/paypal in terms of speed. This IS a serious problem.
I think the advice given to businesses should be that they should accept transfers directly, or after one confirmation. If there is a reversal accept that as a fact of life. For sites with few but large sales, this may not be the way to go, but for transactions under 10 bitcoin this should def. be the standard. An alternative would be to pay instantly via for instance MtGox, but that would centralize the system, which I believe we don't want.

Ideology:

Cypher punk is cool, but does not have mainstream appeal, especially among women. We should tone that aspect down, no one cares about it. Thought should be given to whether a more appealing ideology could be retrofitted so to speak.
Suggestion: "Your local business is struggling to survive under the death grip of credit card fees. (Pic of small local store. Beautiful female clerk, with lots of styling looks sad, hopeless). But there is a cheaper alternative. Use bitcoin, support your local stores. (Clerk smiling)."
This might be construed as too patriotic for some. Too balance it we should emphasize how easy it is to donate to overseas charities, and buy from overseas stores.

Favorite sites:

This is a hard one obviously. We should try to push existing sites to use bitcoins as much as possible (details about doing this are abundant in other threads of course).
We should also try to new stores accepting bit coins to speed up the process. One thing that has been forgotten though, is the focus on stores selling items for women.

Friends:

Site should have a like button. Encourage users to blog/tweet/comment whenever they use bitcoins for a transaction.

I love the question here, actually I have few ladies have known who are into Cryptocurrency, some in Bounties hunting and some in trading of bitcoin as a whole, Getting to the point of understanding blockchain I don't think is that simple in the side of women to the side of men, it will really take time and women don't like to stress for Money.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:17:45 PM

So you can be said of a woman who does this in your home. it becomes one of the ways for women who have a family to fill their daily lives.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413
Merit: 10

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:41:17 PM

I notice on the contrary a lot of women will join crypto and it's very good.The more users of cryptocurrency the better.Many women know about bounty and are also very active in promoting products.

This has happened for some women who are interested in the crypto world and it is true that more and more people playing in the crypto world will get better for the future.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:31:21 AM

I am believe many woman involve in crypto industry. If we see on ICOs developers team, many woman involve on that team to grow the project success. I am believe woman are equal with man and they can compete with man in any aspect

rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:24:49 PM

I see no point in dividing investors into men and women. If a person invests wisely and is able to earn money, then who cares what gender it is?

Agree at any point gender doesn't matter the more people participate bitcoin the more investors to have. I dont really care abouy this what i care much is not losing in my investments.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:30:34 PM

Get the Ladies in your household interested by opening them wallets and giving them a gift. Say some Bitcoin and some ETH to start with, or some other nice token or coin you want to gift them and get them educated to watch some videos. I think we need more whales out there to start being more generous and get the ladies in by giving them a gift of crypto, also try and entice them into saving a portion of their earnings every month in crypto. Ladies we like to spend if we have spare cash, but we are also good savers as well. Start thinking about more mass adoption than Lambos, then the Lambos will come after mass adoption lol.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

So you can be said of a woman who does this in your home. it becomes one of the ways for women who have a family to fill their daily lives.

I think yes, it is better for women not to do things like this, because the obligation of the woman is to look after the child, husband, and homework. if you are looking for funds for your family, that's your duty. because men are the backbone of the family.
camric09

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:51:35 PM

I think yes, it is better for women not to do things like this, because the obligation of the woman is to look after the child, husband, and homework. if you are looking for funds for your family, that's your duty. because men are the backbone of the family.

But I think it is better if both will have an extra income, like a woman taking care of her family while making an income over the internet, This days I am sure many of women now are doing this.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:40:08 PM

I think the only reason is that this area of technology is interesting to most men. Although my sister is as passionate about cryptocurrencies as I am. And I would recommend earning on cryptocurrency to everyone, including women, as it is not as difficult as it may seem.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 08:48:44 PM

Great use of the polling feature, well done!

It perfectly aligns with your original post topic and adds meaningful, data driven insight that supports and proves your point.

As for getting women on board - starting talking to them about it. Have them around when you're making bitcoin transactions. And don't make it "a thing" don't say "ooh, let me show you how to do this"...just do it when you know there around and watching. The best way to get people introduced to something new is to use it a real life scenario and let their nature curiosity take over.
Caxton10

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 09:27:25 PM

We should accept bitcoins at supermarkets including grocery stores and clothing shops with a lot of discounts for those who will buy with bitcoin. This might get them to use bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: