Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:22:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The collective Mastercoin-explorer, Mastercoin-ruby and Mastercoin-wallet topic  (Read 19548 times)
ASIC-8Tile

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:49:38 AM

Hi Tachikoma,

I quick UI suggestion for the Smart Property. Some button location differences. Select a category from the Distributed Exchange and then fill in the details. (To be developed as per your specs that you think would be good to add).

The URL below points to a Smart Category UI implementation of your wallet. Suggestion for Zathras, Grazcoin and Bitoy as well.
Let me know how I can help with some more UI

http://imgur.com/e8wavsS

Shawn

This is the joint topic for all things that have to do with my implementations of the Mastercoin.

Mastercoin-explorer, a website for looking up Mastercoin transactions.
Mastercoin-ruby, a ruby library for encoding/decoding Mastercoin messages.
Mastercoin-wallet, a thin client for sending/creating Mastercoin transactions.

This topic is meant to be a centralised place to discuss the behaviour and report bugs for these libraries.

Mastercoin-wallet

Features
  • View your transactions
  • Create/Send Simple Send transactions
  • Create/Send distributed Sell orders
  • Create/Send distributed Purchase orders
  • Create/Send Bitcoin payments for Purchase orders

Mastercoin wallet is a proof-of-concept thin client for Mastercoin. It communicates with Mastercoin-explorer in order to facilitates it features. To install Mastercoin-wallet read the Readme instructions. Once you have the dependencies it's a matter of typing 'gem install mastercoin-wallet' to install it and 'mastercoin-wallet' to start it. If you are using Bitcoind currently you can aquire your private key using the dumpprivkey console command.

Gotcha's/tips while using the software
  • The wallet requires at least Qt 4.7 for now. It will crash with 'undefined method PlaceHolderText' if you don't have it.
  • Mastercoin-explorer is currently updating it's database every 15 minutes. It is possible that data displayed is thus lagging behind other sources.
  • Mastercoin-explorer is currently updating it's database every 15 minutes. It is possible that data displayed is thus lagging behind other sources.
  • There will be a log file in your home folder (~/.mastercoin-wallet/debug.log on unix-like systems) that will give you the raw transaction hash that you can use to decode the messages.
  • Please realise that each Mastercoin transaction, even if it's test, will cost real Bitcoins. (even if they are just costing tiny amounts)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tachikoma (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 09:01:56 AM

As soon as we start coding up smart property I will check it out Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 04:55:49 PM

I've just released version 0.0.7

Changes
  • GUI improvements, all windows are now resizeable and your address is selectable. (Thanks to Rot13)
  • Added supported for 'accepted amount'. When ever you do a Purchase Offer the accepted amount is the amount your offer ended up with. Sometimes people will be offering on the same 'Selling Offer' so coins might run out.
  • Added date based sorting to the dashboard.
  • Enabled real Mastercoin Simple Send transactions.

It's now possible to send real coins using this wallet. As always this is Alpha software so don't send out large amounts and triple check everything.

As always install by issuing 'gem install mastercoin-wallet'.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
superfluouso

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:30:15 AM

Nice improvements! resizeable windows and being able to see and select my address are welcome additions.

The date based sorting on the dashboard is slightly off.  Below is what I see if trying to sort so that the most recent transaction appears first:

Also, still missing a c on simple send field:

Getting set up now to test some simple sends with REAL msc now Smiley
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 07:33:41 AM

Nice improvements! resizeable windows and being able to see and select my address are welcome additions.

The date based sorting on the dashboard is slightly off.  Below is what I see if trying to sort so that the most recent transaction appears first:

I've only added proper sorting to the dashboard. There is a problem when sorting on data, it almost seems impossible in QT.  As a work-around I forced sorting on block-height on the dashboard. However I want the other tables to be sortable by the user. I will not give up on date sorting I'm pretty sure it should be possible. I just don't know how yet Wink

Typo is fixed and should be pushed in the next release Smiley

superfluouso

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:18:36 AM

I just sent Test MSC as shown on this tx:  2864f3b0fd08fdac83bd54073759b8e65e44c0ea65038a8f82c5c642c7de9916

When comparing masterchest.info to mastercoin-explorer, I noticed masterchest.info shows the transaction as valid and reflects the new balance.  But this is happening before I see the 6 confirmations on bitcoinQT.  Mastercoin-explorer does not appear to show the transaction as valid and an updated balance until after 6 confirmations.  Tachikoma/Zathras, are you already aware of that difference?

Edit:  Correction, mastercoin-explorer shows the tx as valid, but there's not change to the balance until after 6 confirmations - I would expect this is the correct behavior..
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:21:01 AM

Masterchest should be faster since Zathras has support for picking up unconfirmed transactions. I however only parse them once they are added to a block. I don't check for six confirmations.

superfluouso

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:18:47 AM

Also updated my ubuntu box with v0.0.7 with no problems.  Everythings working great.  Did my first simple send of "Real" MSC from the wallet running in OS x to another address I have that I accessed with the wallet in Ubuntu. 

Very much prefer to send MSC this way!

..Bring on the exchange  Grin
rafsoaken

Activity: 166

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:36:01 PM

The date based sorting on the dashboard is slightly off.  Below is what I see if trying to sort so that the most recent transaction appears first:

I've only added proper sorting to the dashboard. There is a problem when sorting on data, it almost seems impossible in QT.  As a work-around I forced sorting on block-height on the dashboard. However I want the other tables to be sortable by the user. I will not give up on date sorting I'm pretty sure it should be possible. I just don't know how yet Wink

Typo is fixed and should be pushed in the next release Smiley

Hi Tachicoma,
Great work!
I'm on my way installing your mastercoin-wallet on a Lubuntu VM. Is it standalone or do I still need a full bitcoin client as well?
Also I guess I should have at least 12GB free space for the entire blockchain, is that correct?

Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 04:01:15 PM

It's a thin client. Nothing else needed! Smiley

rafsoaken

Activity: 166

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:25:06 PM

Cool, thanks! Installing it right now.

addzz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:19:38 PM

I'm having an issue sending using the Mastercoin-explorer simple send.
I created a new thread, but I think maybe it's better suited here.

I'm trying to practice using TEST mastercoins.

Here is what I did:
  • First I opened my QT client and went to the console.
  • I validated my from address that contains mastercoins and got my public key.
  • Then I entered the info into the mastercoin explorer simple send form (using TEST mastercoins as the currency).  My "to" address is just an address that I have in my QT wallet... so I'm trying to send to myself.
  • I followed the instructions and ran the raw transaction.  This is what I come up with:
    f039df74dc453ea138d03ca463bd60ab947a27a5c62002c6e3404ba8222a77cc

The transaction appears on the blockchain... but it doesn't appear in the mastercoin-explorer. 

What did I do wrong?

My next step in troubleshooting is to try again, but this time I have sent all my BTC to the address I'm sending msc from.  Not sure if that matters or not but I figure it's worth a try.

BTC: 14cDn8PeuNwhNXB6JYFWBuVpiq8EByboWR
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:40:20 PM

I'm having an issue sending using the Mastercoin-explorer simple send.
I created a new thread, but I think maybe it's better suited here.

I'm trying to practice using TEST mastercoins.

Here is what I did:
  • First I opened my QT client and went to the console.
  • I validated my from address that contains mastercoins and got my public key.
  • Then I entered the info into the mastercoin explorer simple send form (using TEST mastercoins as the currency).  My "to" address is just an address that I have in my QT wallet... so I'm trying to send to myself.
  • I followed the instructions and ran the raw transaction.  This is what I come up with:
    f039df74dc453ea138d03ca463bd60ab947a27a5c62002c6e3404ba8222a77cc

The transaction appears on the blockchain... but it doesn't appear in the mastercoin-explorer. 

What did I do wrong?

My next step in troubleshooting is to try again, but this time I have sent all my BTC to the address I'm sending msc from.  Not sure if that matters or not but I figure it's worth a try.

I checked out your transaction and it does not contain any valid Mastercoin data. I don't have time to dive into it right now but perhaps my features from today introduced some new bugs. I disabled it for now until I can check it out properly. Sorry about the inconvenience.

In what sense is it a "thin client"? From my understanding, a Mastercoin wallet requires the full blockchain to operate and thin clients are not known to be possible. Does it rely on a central server (mastercoin-explorer)? If so, will the "distributed exchange" function without reliance on the server in your implementation and what is the distribution of work/functionality of the client vs the server?

It's a "thin client" in the sense that it connects to a remote full node instead of a local one. I'm not sure what you mean with your second question. Could you elaborate?

Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 09:37:00 AM

This is a server-trusting client, it does not support SPV at this time, although this is a possibility for the future. For others who might come across this post, this means that the server could in theory lie about your balance and there is no way for the client to know about this. Implementing SPV would mean that the client would know when the server would lie to you and report this.

Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 01:12:27 PM

I just released 0.0.8 and put a real selling offer online right now for 10 MSC @ 0.2!

It's hosted on address 1EAuHj8Z6rTCHPxXfaGzzPsZevC2mg1XAj. I am guaranteeing this offer, which means that if you buy it and it becomes invalidated because of a spec change at a later date I will return the Bitcoins back to you. Version 0.0.8 can be used to try and purchase this offer.

Prove I own the address:

GzhVvJFfYXTDtPyuqdkOFXp+EA2+7mK/uOhCgj/Tg37cAB97Lf0xgzuqZhC5Om0Ghjgi9AP1/1U7p3WeLaHDLVA=
Sold by Tachikoma

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:55:22 PM

I just released 0.0.8 and put a real selling offer online right now for 10 MSC @ 0.2!

It's hosted on address 1EAuHj8Z6rTCHPxXfaGzzPsZevC2mg1XAj. I am guaranteeing this offer, which means that if you buy it and it becomes invalidated because of a spec change at a later date I will return the Bitcoins back to you. Version 0.0.8 can be used to try and purchase this offer.

Prove I own the address:

GzhVvJFfYXTDtPyuqdkOFXp+EA2+7mK/uOhCgj/Tg37cAB97Lf0xgzuqZhC5Om0Ghjgi9AP1/1U7p3WeLaHDLVA=
Sold by Tachikoma

Awesome! I just created a purchase offer for 0.1 MSC:
https://blockchain.info/tx/87018464d016a067e5c8fedc07551c027bd011f43f6d3a02e9a1e252b551ba82

Let's see what happens.
EDIT: Should I wait for my purchase offer to appear on Mastercoin-explorer before I send payment?

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:12:21 PM

Prove I own the address:

Sold by Tachikoma

first  msc offer  confirmed Someone should buy it this is historic Smiley congrats Tachikoma !
http://mymastercoins.com/Orders.aspx?CurrencyID=1
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 02:22:53 PM

Prove I own the address:

Sold by Tachikoma

https://blockchain.info/tx/87018464d016a067e5c8fedc07551c027bd011f43f6d3a02e9a1e252b551ba82

Let's see what happens.
EDIT: Should I wait for my purchase offer to appear on Mastercoin-explorer before I send payment?

You need to wait for 1 confirmation, and make sure it's accepted as valid by http://mastercoin-explorer.com/ and/or other sites. If the purchase offer is accepted. Then it's save to send your payment to confirm the purchase.

It doesn't help there hasn't been a block for 51 minutes Wink

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:34:53 PM

Prove I own the address:

Sold by Tachikoma

Let's see what happens.

You need to wait for 1 confirmation, and make sure it's accepted as valid by http://mastercoin-explorer.com/ and/or other sites. If the purchase offer is accepted. Then it's save to send your payment to confirm the purchase.

It doesn't help there hasn't been a block for 51 minutes Wink

Alright, will do that. Another question: is it possible somehow to send payment directly from the Mastercoin wallet app?

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 02:36:27 PM

Yes! Double click your accepted Purchase Offer Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: