Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CENTRA CTR SCAM - Founders Arrested  (Read 13608 times)
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:57:57 PM

New thread created about this possible new scam for those who want to chip in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4873091.new#new

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:45:59 PM

Information presented by OP. It's been interesting to observe, which's also a learning material for all of us so that we aren't trapped by the next generation of CENTRA CTR which's likely to come back in the future.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:11:58 PM

Information presented by OP. It's been interesting to observe, which's also a learning material for all of us so that we aren't trapped by the next generation of CENTRA CTR which's likely to come back in the future.
This so called scam or fraud projects will not going to come back instead they will being alarmed with this case in centra that they should be aware of this before running the same style of money making coins without a proper legal process or entities was made before they run an ico.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
christina.arnigo

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:51:06 PM

I feel sorry for the investors who are the victims of Centra CTR for they are the one who lost a lot.  For sure they are panicking about this issue and this will be the start of their downfall. They cannot recover their investments they placed and broke the big dreams into pieces. This is the sad part of this story. The good thing is the founders was arrested and can be given justice for those innocent who were taken advantage. I hope this news will be a massive warning for those scammers out there that it is possible that one day they will caught and be arrested. They should stop what they are doing. 
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:03:40 PM

I feel sorry for the investors who are the victims of Centra CTR for they are the one who lost a lot.  For sure they are panicking about this issue and this will be the start of their downfall. They cannot recover their investments they placed and broke the big dreams into pieces. This is the sad part of this story. The good thing is the founders was arrested and can be given justice for those innocent who were taken advantage. I hope this news will be a massive warning for those scammers out there that it is possible that one day they will caught and be arrested. They should stop what they are doing. 
I completely agree with you, because this is a serious precedent with respect to the punishment of scammers not trustworthy ico companies. The main thing is to bring the investigation to completion and put a logical point in the punishment for this crime.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:08:55 PM

Arrested? I do not think so, I have heard that they have recently created another scam project and they will try again to steal some money from investors.  Roll Eyes

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
okocrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:47:40 AM

Finally, vindication has come for members of this community who stuck by their guns and called out CTR for what it was; a scam.

Also, never trust celebrity endorsement: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-53

CTR tokens are now in freefall: http://www.coinfox.info/news/9186-centra-founders-arrested-in-us-token-dips-by-60

This is the reason big investors do not see crypto as a safe place to invest. From one scam to the other. Regulation is what is needed to solve this menace.
lee cooper

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:24:47 AM

Arrested? I do not think so, I have heard that they have recently created another scam project and they will try again to steal some money from investors.  Roll Eyes

Apparently, their actions will not be a deterrent, they are still rampant to move, we must be more careful to avoid their fraud. But I also realize that they still need food to live, hopefully, they are given a halal favor.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:10:11 PM

Who could have thought Centra would turn out to be scam,  these guy really put a lots of work into deceiving investors!

Indeed, no one knows that Centra is a scam, we are also surprised and sorry about this incident, but this has happened, hoping that this incident will not be repeated and become a valuable lesson for us.
This kind of incident happens almost every single day in this market, most of the icos in the market are scams or projects created by people that do not have what is necessary to create a project that works, so as you see this is the reason behind what you are seeing in the market, many people are losing faith in icos and many are saying that they are never going to invest in an ico again.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:17:20 AM

I just noticed that Centra twitter is becoming active again. It seems like someone's trying to save this project. Or they are really serious in executing their plans? There's a swap happening soon if I am correct.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:25:59 AM

Oh man.. I have lost all my investments and it will never go up again after the decision of delisting. I have invested 3 Ethereum in this project and the i have lost them all. Unfortunately i was late enough to sell earlier.

Don't lose hope. This will be a good lesson not to trust 100% on ICO even you feel it is promising. Make a new strategy to make your loss get back on track again. I feel really bad to all CTR holders and hoping they can get a jackpot on their next ICO investment.

Yes, we have to learn from our mistakes because nobody didn't expect that CTR is going to scam the people whatever the false promises they made to investors at the time of ICO. They don't have any relation with the Banks for generating Cryptocurrency card to the investors.
patoshi
Copper Member

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 03:36:15 PM

Has the Centra team migrated to the spend.com ecosystem? Any legitimacy?
John46285

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:24:54 PM

Yeah I've heard that and it was very disappointed for me. Cause almost my 40% capital was in CTR coin. I think it was my worst decision to buy this coin  Sad

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:07:13 PM

Yeah I've heard that and it was very disappointed for me. Cause almost my 40% capital was in CTR coin. I think it was my worst decision to buy this coin  Sad
The fact is that these scammers have deceived quite a lot of people.  Of course, the participants of the Bounty companies received a very good profit, if they sold Which coins immediately after the company ico.  But the fact is that this coin was successfully traded on the stock exchange for a long time and therefore was able to deceive many more users of cryptocurrency.  I, in turn, also suffered because I was not paid a reward for the work done.  Although today my work was almost a crime, but I did not know that they were fraudsters.
ssmith3160

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:46:33 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2019, 06:43:52 PM by ssmith3160

Has the Centra team migrated to the spend.com ecosystem? Any legitimacy?

The two projects appear very similar, I cannot 100% say that Spend.com = Centra, but there are many similarities.  The evidence is stacking up though

The idea is identical to Centra and has seemingly emerged out of nowhere

The official rebrand project, Phantom (XPH), now appears to be 100% abandoned, which would mean all of their time is now on SPND.

Phantom was built on the Ark platform, Spend appears to have also been built on the Ark platform.

Spend (SPND) has some pretty suspect executives on their "Team".  One of the primary deceptions of Centra were phony credentials and some outright fake people, would like to see some of the executives speak on an AMA or something just to verify who they are.

The marketing seems to be identical, using the same channels Centra used to promote itself and the same bounty participants commenting on their videos

There is some other non verified smoke as well, I have seen speculation in the comment section of a YouTube video that the former Centra CMO Chase Zimmerman is involved but nothing from the company or him to verify that.
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 07:11:56 PM

Centra, one of the biggest scams on crypto. They even got listed on binance and show fake cards.

It was endorsed from Mayweather Jr. I didn't see any project happen to be good after endorsed by a celebrity.

I hope they got a good punishment so new scammers would fear.

the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 11:01:01 PM

Today there was some news about the next court date.
Does anyone know how the judges and court will find how many tokens you had? or they will check the received amount by each individual contributor? hmm
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 01:40:53 PM

Today there was some news about the next court date.
Does anyone know how the judges and court will find how many tokens you had? or they will check the received amount by each individual contributor? hmm
and what if this company deceived a member of the Bounty company and did not pay remuneration at all?  The fact is that during the distribution of coins, I wrote everywhere and everywhere, but the result is zero.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 02:40:47 AM

Oh man.. I have lost all my investments and it will never go up again after the decision of delisting. I have invested 3 Ethereum in this project and the i have lost them all. Unfortunately i was late enough to sell earlier.
I remembered the time when Centra was announced that its a scam and the price of it on Binance plummeted in an instant. Now the developers/team are arrested already but the money will never go back. Those who invested and until now holding and hoping for a rise are now feeling regret because of what they did.

I think you must move on with what you have done. Like they always say, know the risk first before investing and at least now you know what you did was wrong Smiley. Do better research before investing on an ICO or just invest in top coins already to prevent being scammed.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 03:04:48 AM

I remembered the time when Centra was announced that its a scam and the price of it on Binance plummeted in an instant. Now the developers/team are arrested already but the money will never go back. Those who invested and until now holding and hoping for a rise are now feeling regret because of what they did.

I think you must move on with what you have done. Like they always say, know the risk first before investing and at least now you know what you did was wrong Smiley. Do better research before investing on an ICO or just invest in top coins already to prevent being scammed.

Charge it to experience buddy. I'm sure a lot of people have lost as well, I know the feeling and it's really hard to comprehend what had happened, but everyone needs to move on and let this be a lesson and an expensive one to learn.

IEO are the main thing now, not saying that you have to invest right now, but if you are looking for other deals right now maybe it's about time to look at it as a better alternatives as compare to ICO.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████