Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CENTRA CTR SCAM - Founders Arrested  (Read 13608 times)
dEjAvOU

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 07:23:48 AM

Finally, vindication has come for members of this community who stuck by their guns and called out CTR for what it was; a scam.

Also, never trust celebrity endorsement: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-53

CTR tokens are now in freefall: http://www.coinfox.info/news/9186-centra-founders-arrested-in-us-token-dips-by-60

This is a sad thing because it made me lose around 0.8 btc or more than $ 12k, i think CTR is a good and promising project so i participated in ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
watergold

Activity: 1218
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 09:52:22 AM

it turns out there is still a discussion about Centra, a crypto that was originally very sweet then vanished instantly and was very painful. I lost more than 80k dollars

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
1xBit.com BENEFIT SEASON
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
PLAY NOW
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 10:27:57 AM

Finally, vindication has come for members of this community who stuck by their guns and called out CTR for what it was; a scam.

Also, never trust celebrity endorsement: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-53

CTR tokens are now in freefall: http://www.coinfox.info/news/9186-centra-founders-arrested-in-us-token-dips-by-60

I haven't followed the CENTRA case for a long time
I think the CTR has ended since the first time it was declared a scam by sec.
and this news may not be new. but there is education here that we can take as experience and learning
that ico that involves artists does not rule out the possibility of becoming a scammer
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 11:53:32 AM

Oh man.. I have lost all my investments and it will never go up again after the decision of delisting. I have invested 3 Ethereum in this project and the i have lost them all. Unfortunately i was late enough to sell earlier.
I remembered the time when Centra was announced that its a scam and the price of it on Binance plummeted in an instant. Now the developers/team are arrested already but the money will never go back. Those who invested and until now holding and hoping for a rise are now feeling regret because of what they did.

I think you must move on with what you have done. Like they always say, know the risk first before investing and at least now you know what you did was wrong Smiley. Do better research before investing on an ICO or just invest in top coins already to prevent being scammed.

Charge it to experience buddy. I'm sure a lot of people have lost as well, I know the feeling and it's really hard to comprehend what had happened, but everyone needs to move on and let this be a lesson and an expensive one to learn.

IEO are the main thing now, not saying that you have to invest right now, but if you are looking for other deals right now maybe it's about time to look at it as a better alternatives as compare to ICO.

IEO not 100% protected from scum. Just remember first canceled IEO on Bittrex. It could become first scum on IEO)

Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 12:26:05 PM

and this news may not be new. but there is education here that we can take as experience and learning
that ico that involves artists does not rule out the possibility of becoming a scammer

The news was clearly not new, it's over 1 year old news and centra tokens is not anymore trading in major exchange.
We can only find centra tokens in ED or maybe other decentralize exchange but it still has a value since you can swap it with phantom coins or XPH.
I'm holding this coin but hasn't and completely swapped it.
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 01:45:22 PM

The news was clearly not new, it's over 1 year old news and centra tokens is not anymore trading in major exchange.
We can only find centra tokens in ED or maybe other decentralize exchange but it still has a value since you can swap it with phantom coins or XPH.

Although the news was a year ago it is still nice to know that the SEC are working to hold someone who is responsible for the loss of the people's capital, still hoping that they can make it most of the time because ICO scams are wide spread nowadays.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 06:46:59 PM

I have tried for phantom even registered is there any progress is happening with phantom or again it is also become nothing somebody ecplain . In this project I lost good amount of investment still holding some.
GlassPod

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 01:41:29 PM

it turns out there is still a discussion about Centra, a crypto that was originally very sweet then vanished instantly and was very painful. I lost more than 80k dollars

I'm researching Centra Tech for a podcast series -- would like to talk with you about your experience, but cannot DM you since I'm a "newbie".
GlassPod

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 01:52:03 PM

This is a sad thing because it made me lose around 0.8 btc or more than $ 12k, i think CTR is a good and promising project so i participated in ICO.

I'm researching Centra Tech for an upcoming podcast series. I'd like to talk with you about what happened (but can't DM you since I'm a "newbie").
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 03:14:25 PM

I was also hit by a scam from Centra, at that time I invest around $ 3500, the thing that made me very optimistic about Centra was that they made Floyd Myweather Jr. As an ambasador brand, Centra is increasingly popular because Floyd Myweather competes with Conor MC. Gregor which makes me more optimistic, unfortunately it is proven that Centra is a scam

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

GlassPod

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 05:29:58 PM

I was also hit by a scam from Centra, at that time I invest around $ 3500, the thing that made me very optimistic about Centra was that they made Floyd Myweather Jr. As an ambasador brand, Centra is increasingly popular because Floyd Myweather competes with Conor MC. Gregor which makes me more optimistic, unfortunately it is proven that Centra is a scam

I'm working on a podcast series about Centra Tech. If you'd like to share your story, please DM me (I can't message you because I'm a newbie).
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 05:58:23 PM

Back into those golden ICO days were some projects do really make use the popularity of some celebrity or sports icon which it do really helps on hyping up the project and lure more investors and it

was really very common on that time and later on it was busted and didnt really get that much result since people or investor becomes wiser and intelligent on what they had experienced

in the past.Its good to see even though its old but there are founders been arrested because of the scam that they had done.Hope for other scammy devs or owners out there.
jeha2015

Activity: 548
Merit: 167

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 10:33:24 PM

at that moment centra was top project in market , alot investors tempted to invest here due several reason and brand ambasador be one of these reason. alot investors give huge expectation to this project which is hopefully could be top 10 coinmarketcap for long term, unfortunately everything changes when they have problem with SEC. in crypto we never know what will going happen in future, so taking profits and risk management important to save our assets.

Lambe Ndumble

Activity: 569
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2022, 04:52:47 AM

I was also hit by a scam centra, I bought centra and about a month there was bad news that made me unable to sell centra, this is normal, there is always an opportunity for any coins to be scams, alert and don't be too easy to believe in anything as long as you can't prove.

..........///....../////..........
nira09

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 13, 2022, 04:59:07 PM

Public fraud was a major problem for the Centra Project at the time, so the SEC took the Centra CEO to court. Centra said that they already had a partnership with Visa, but it turned out to be fake. so their token price fell in an instant.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 14, 2022, 09:22:29 AM

Public fraud was a major problem for the Centra Project at the time, so the SEC took the Centra CEO to court. Centra said that they already had a partnership with Visa, but it turned out to be fake. so their token price fell in an instant.
Yeah i remember that thing as well. It was getting listed by binance but after SEC was took it down and then it was getting delisted again by binance instantly. Money that stolen from investors being used by scammer to bought RR car. I remember that if that may be confiscated by SEC.
I hope that scammer will never try to think to scam people again and let themselves to go to the jail

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
savetheFORUM

Activity: 1050
Merit: 140

View Profile
August 14, 2022, 09:43:01 AM

3.5k? Ouch that's kinda huge but I see how you risk that high and that is because you see that famous personalities are involved in this project. Rest assured that you and others who trusted the project can learn something out of it and that is never put your full trust even if you are convinced that it looks legit because shit can always happen the least we expect it.

Look at luna and others who started to look legit but later on they have turned really bad but as the title said, the founders are found and arrested already. Are there no positive news that followed up? Like the money was also recovered and maybe it will be returned to their investors?
strunberg

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2022, 02:34:20 PM

it should be important experience for us, several crypto project that endorse public figure ended with scam. We must becarefull and take care if find this kind project anymore , artist or public figure didnt guarantee they will success. SEC usually intervention on this, and project will die soon.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

GlassPod

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 06:35:28 PM

I'm part of a team producing a podcast series about Centra Tech, its founders and the victims. If you invested in their ICO or had any dealings with the company and would like to share you story, please DM me.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253

Cashback 15%

View Profile
August 19, 2022, 10:29:15 PM

I still hold 50k CTR and failed to sell them.  I have high hope for this one before it was labeled a scam and the founders were found guilty and put behind bars.  Floyd Mayweather Jr. played a huge part in why I trusted this project because he appears on social media promoting and holding a CTR card.  

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: