Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most crypto friendly countries in Europe  (Read 894 times)
sunX3

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:14:39 PM

It is interesting, that the three countries of Eastern Europe (Estonia, Slovenia and Georgia) appeared in the ranking. Two of them are former Soviet republics. I think these countries have excellent chances to attract blockchain enthusiasts and raise the economy of their country. I think other countries will follow their example.

It's interesting you made that connection because a lot of post ussr countries are really into crypto for some reason. Belarus is another example of this and I really wonder if there's a connection or why this happened.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:21:59 PM

I found this article, and I am just curios do you agree with the author? Are these countries most crypto friendly in Europe?

https://icoguide.com/en/blog/5-most-crypto-friendly-countries-in-europe

I think as more and more successful startups and crypto companies come out of relatively smaller countries, we'll see more progress and even more startups from those countries.

For example, for Georgia, because of countries like BitFury and Ambit, we'll see further development in the crypto world for sure.
manlyxman

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:31:05 PM

I am pretty amazed to find out that Estonia is so much crypto friendly. I live in Europe and I didn't know this

the whole concept of e-residency is crazy to me and i think Estonia is first to do it. I wonder if other countries will follow suit
LeroyBro

Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:39:47 PM

I can confirm that Slovenia is as the article claims, very crypto-friendly.
Here are some of the most successful projects from SLovenia: Iconomi (ICN), Viberate (VIB), Cofound.it (CFI), Quantum (QAU), SunContract (SNC), InsurePal (IPL), Hive Project (HVN), SportyCo (SPF), MedicoHealth (MHP).

Wow I didn't know there were so many Slovenian startups! That's crazy. I hope to see more though of course. Grin

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
Dreamlandzoom

Activity: 414
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:51:57 PM

From what I have read in the net I would say that the reason for the most of the countries to be crypto-friendly is that they see some opportunity to attract new investors and raise some additional money. Slovenia and Georgia in different positions when it comes to economy, but I believe both of them still need a lot of investment. So at this point the countries with stable economy are careful with crypto, but the G20 meeting showed that there are positive perspectives. Everybody expected very bad news from G20, but this didn’t happen
skelethon

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:54:24 PM

From what I have read in the net I would say that the reason for the most of the countries to be crypto-friendly is that they see some opportunity to attract new investors and raise some additional money. Slovenia and Georgia in different positions when it comes to economy, but I believe both of them still need a lot of investment. So at this point the countries with stable economy are careful with crypto, but the G20 meeting showed that there are positive perspectives. Everybody expected very bad news from G20, but this didn’t happen

Good point. Unexpected investments like that could really impact the country. Especially if a country is relatively smaller and not as rich.
LancelotRay

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:01:54 PM

Hmm. Generally, Europe is pretty welcoming towards crypto. These countries are surely deserving their place on the list. However, it is interesting to see that Belarus is not on the list. Lately, Belarus made changes which highly benefit companies, miners, etc. in the crypto market.

"Lukashenko’s decree introduces tax breaks and other incentives for crypto businesses until January 1, 2023. No taxes will be imposed on companies that profit from mining, issuing and placement of digital coins. The same applies to crypto-related income of private individuals from mining and trading cryptocurrencies. In the next five years, even crypto firms based abroad will not be taxed." - https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-business-is-now-legal-in-belarus/ (there are other reasons in the article to consider)

Also, governments can change their attitude towards cryptocurrencies pretty quickly, so this list might change quickly.

Interesting, hope to see more crypto news from Belarus by 2023 then. Smiley
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:08:33 AM

There are indeed a lot of cryptocurrency investment-friendly countries in Europe. A reason for this is that a lot if these countries are tiger-economies, meaning that they are steadily increasing in terms if economic growth. And their leaders are aware of the national economic benefits of allowing cryptocurrency investment in their currency. Just like Georgia which I am surprised was in this list.

skelethon

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 12:21:51 PM

There are indeed a lot of cryptocurrency investment-friendly countries in Europe. A reason for this is that a lot if these countries are tiger-economies, meaning that they are steadily increasing in terms if economic growth. And their leaders are aware of the national economic benefits of allowing cryptocurrency investment in their currency. Just like Georgia which I am surprised was in this list.

I was surprised to see Georgia as well but that's a good point you made.

The smaller countries are finally catching up but it's still a surprise to see so many successful crypto startups from there.
ICO Lancer

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 12:25:19 PM

I think if ambit ICO goes successfully more people will know about Georgia and be truly considered one of the best crypt countries, especially for mining.
sunX3

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 12:29:33 PM

I think if ambit ICO goes successfully more people will know about Georgia and be truly considered one of the best crypt countries, especially for mining.

Well BitFury is already a successful crypto organization from Georgia and that put them on the map I think already.

So ambit might make them popular even more.
VenturaBro

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:33:02 PM

Good point, hope Georgia will catch up with the more developed countries now. Smiley
manlyxman

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:38:39 PM

surprised to see no big countries like UK, France, Germany, and so on but I think that's a pretty solid list anyway.
Xioma

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

I found this article, and I am just curios do you agree with the author? Are these countries most crypto friendly in Europe?

https://icoguide.com/en/blog/5-most-crypto-friendly-countries-in-europe

Agree for the most part, they all have either successful crypto startups or low regulations and taxes - a recipe for success Smiley
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:47:17 PM

In Georgia there is an abundance of cheap electricity. There will never be able to exist a large number of miners, even if it will be created all the laws. The amount of electricity required for miners is constantly increasing. This can force miners to migrate to countries where there are many hydroelectric power stations.
Supec77

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:14:38 PM

well yes, if to talk about article - i agree with opinion about Switzerland and Denmark. But why there aren't any word about France? Isn't it a country friendly enough to crypto? As i know, trere are a lot of different companys developing cryptos and trying to built some rather succesfull projects on the world crypto-market.
LancelotRay

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:12:59 AM

well yes, if to talk about article - i agree with opinion about Switzerland and Denmark. But why there aren't any word about France? Isn't it a country friendly enough to crypto? As i know, trere are a lot of different companys developing cryptos and trying to built some rather succesfull projects on the world crypto-market.

Also no mention of Germany or UK. All great crypto countries but the ones listed also make sense to me so Grin
Ray3z

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:17:15 AM

I think that Cyprus might be it. They have been home to forex and binary option websites for about a decade now. They don't publish data of those companies! It's alsi very attractive due to taxes. Regulations on bitcoin could be liberal enough to attract crypto companies as well.

But to attract company include in cryptocurrency is not easy job mate because it need more trust from company itself before adopting this technology.
Without believe i could say company will not adopt cryptocurrency for its sytem. So most company and country which trust crypto is in europe.
drogas

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:19:23 AM

I think a pretty solid list.

Some unexpected countries (Georgia, Estonia, Slovenia) but I think that's good to see crypto so heavily promoted in under developed countries.
skelethon

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

I think that Cyprus might be it. They have been home to forex and binary option websites for about a decade now. They don't publish data of those companies! It's alsi very attractive due to taxes. Regulations on bitcoin could be liberal enough to attract crypto companies as well.

But to attract company include in cryptocurrency is not easy job mate because it need more trust from company itself before adopting this technology.
Without believe i could say company will not adopt cryptocurrency for its sytem. So most company and country which trust crypto is in europe.

Taxes and regulation aside, how can you say for sure they're great if you don't have their data though?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: