Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:29:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Attack on XVG / VERGE  (Read 29437 times)
lyolyalya

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:50:22 AM

woohoo...hardforking is not the answer=)

have we forked yet? you should check github before you post Wink
yepp.was talking about 2040000 block.now it's 2042000...will wait couple of hours then=)
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siege3967

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:53:04 AM

idiot the explorer dont work for now because the timestamps were reversed at block 2040000, refrain yourself from talking if you have no idea what is going on, you just made yourself look like a fool.
I am not surprised with your attitude since you are on the XVG team

Behavior generates behavior. And when you say something like that with the only purpose of hurting the project you don't deserve to be treated differentely.

Can you confirm you're indeed on the team?

Never said i was, i am just a purple on discord.

Okay so you're clearly talking out of your ass. They couldn't fork and have now delayed it to 2042000 l0l. Enjoy holding your bags
bododk

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:54:48 AM

do you even know that we have a fork at block 2042000 that will stop it? guess you don't you are more busy hating i get you.

did you even know that if sunerok would have let the b2040000 fork go, probably VERGE would be dead by now?
vitaminas

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:00:46 AM

idiot the explorer dont work for now because the timestamps were reversed at block 2040000, refrain yourself from talking if you have no idea what is going on, you just made yourself look like a fool.

Behavior generates behavior. And when you say something like that with the only purpose of hurting the project you don't deserve to be treated differentely.

Okay so you're clearly talking out of your ass. They couldn't fork and have now delayed it to 2042000 l0l. Enjoy holding your bags

Are you sure you are not the one talking out of your ass? "They couldn't fork" you lost a great change to refrain from talking if that was the only thing you were going to say. We can fork at anytime we want delaying the fork as to do with the fact we need to be 100% sure before doing it. You can check github commit is there for hours already way before we even reach block 2040000, now go back to your cave.
vitaminas

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:05:54 AM

the hacker is online (round #4):

round 4 he says and post a pic from when attack started on 4 april...Facepalm
siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:06:42 AM

Are you sure you are not the one talking out of your ass? "They couldn't fork" you lost a great change to refrain from talking if that was the only thing you were going to say. We can fork at anytime we want delaying the fork as to do with the fact that that we need to be 100% sure before doing it. You can check github commit is there for hours already way before we even reach block 204000, now go back to your cave.

Oh so they're waiting to be 100% sure for... 4 days now? And do you want to explain the 3 botched fixes that show the dev doesn't know jack shit about crypto? What about the copied "fix" that he copied over with the error in the comment. Stop shilling scams, it's akin to scamming yourself. And because you're talking about fundamentals, explain how having a public ledger prevents blockchain analysis. What happened to the so called public/private ledger coexistence that Wraith was supposed to bring? They even took out the private ledger part from their "black paper". So you're either an idiot sheep who's been brainwashed or you know this coin is a scam but are trying to shill it to try to at least make some money on your stupid decision of buying in.
vitaminas

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:12:51 AM

Are you sure you are not the one talking out of your ass? "They couldn't fork" you lost a great change to refrain from talking if that was the only thing you were going to say. We can fork at anytime we want delaying the fork as to do with the fact that that we need to be 100% sure before doing it. You can check github commit is there for hours already way before we even reach block 204000, now go back to your cave.

Oh so they're waiting to be 100% sure for... 4 days now? And do you want to explain the 3 botched fixes that show the dev doesn't know jack shit about crypto? What about the copied "fix" that he copied over with the error in the comment. Stop shilling scams, it's akin to scamming yourself. And because you're talking about fundamentals, explain how having a public ledger prevents blockchain analysis. What happened to the so called public/private ledger coexistence that Wraith was supposed to bring? They even took out the private ledger part from their "black paper". So you're either an idiot sheep who's been brainwashed or you know this coin is a scam but are trying to shill it to try to at least make some money on your stupid decision of buying in.

you calling a 4 years old coin a scam? Do you even know the meaning of the word and how its possible to be applied in this situation considering how old this coin is? the more i deal with people like you the more i love animals, take your hate and trash talk and use it to do something for yourself, maybe you should create your own coin? oh wait you don't have the knowledge to make one...
bododk

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:16:54 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 10:40:28 AM by bododk

Look closer to the photo.. probably somebody have something to hide and it's playing with the explorer content
siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:17:16 AM

you calling a 4 years old coin a scam? Do you even know the meaning of the word and how its possible to be applied in this situation considering how old this coin is? the more i deal with people like you the more i love animals, take your hate and trash talk and use it to do something for yourself, maybe you should create your own coin? oh wait you don't have the knowledge to make one...

Yes, it is a scam. You still didn't answer my questions. I know why you didn't. You don't have answers. You're scared you don't but it's okay. You can convince all the vergins that verge is amazing but you can't convince people who know what's happening. Where is the private ledger? What prevents blockchain analysis? Which, coincidentally is the only people are caught when they use crypto.
ultrametric

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:33:03 AM

A question for VERGE TEAM:

What are you going to do with circulating supply which is according to market cap at 14,8 out of max 16,5, and probably numbers aren't even updated right now?

Correct me if I'm wrong but when this happens, no more rewards for the miners and coin that reaches maximum supply is going down like Titanic?

The supply that is left is going to take around 7 to 10 years to be mined still, and like any other coin that will reach to their cap the rewards for the miners will be the fees from the transactions. Plus if you understand how supply/demand works the more coins are in the market supplied by miners the more buyers you need to have in order to keep the price up now when you have new buyers but no more coins getting in the price will inflate and not  "down like Titanic" because now people are fighting for a limited number of available coins. Following your logic Ripple would be down the sink already as they have 3 times more coins in circulation than we do.
The attack is now going on for 4 days. If this ain't an inside job I don't know what is. You don't let something like this to go on for days without any serious intervention, unless you want to intentionally tank it or you are directly or indirectly profiting from the attack.

Looks like XVG team dont care about loses. Looks intentional.

Vitaminas - if they allow to mine it this manner it takes 10days till 17th April. Vitaminas A ar C? Smiley

do you even know that we have a fork at block 2042000 that will stop it? guess you don't you are more busy hating i get you.

The fork coming at block 2042000 is not going to stop it! It's not a fix!
siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:36:09 AM

A question for VERGE TEAM:

What are you going to do with circulating supply which is according to market cap at 14,8 out of max 16,5, and probably numbers aren't even updated right now?

Correct me if I'm wrong but when this happens, no more rewards for the miners and coin that reaches maximum supply is going down like Titanic?

The supply that is left is going to take around 7 to 10 years to be mined still, and like any other coin that will reach to their cap the rewards for the miners will be the fees from the transactions. Plus if you understand how supply/demand works the more coins are in the market supplied by miners the more buyers you need to have in order to keep the price up now when you have new buyers but no more coins getting in the price will inflate and not  "down like Titanic" because now people are fighting for a limited number of available coins. Following your logic Ripple would be down the sink already as they have 3 times more coins in circulation than we do.
The attack is now going on for 4 days. If this ain't an inside job I don't know what is. You don't let something like this to go on for days without any serious intervention, unless you want to intentionally tank it or you are directly or indirectly profiting from the attack.

Looks like XVG team dont care about loses. Looks intentional.

Vitaminas - if they allow to mine it this manner it takes 10days till 17th April. Vitaminas A ar C? Smiley

Lol their proposed fix is to make sure that not more than 5/10 blocks are mined with the same algo. Attacker just needs to work around that. I'm sure there's a much better way to implement this.
bododk

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:41:30 AM

Look closer to the photo.. probably somebody have something to hide and it's playing with the explorer content

did u see the photo again Huh
Chisox

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:43:14 AM

$1 billion MC for a cheap, privacy clone that forked off Dogecoin. ofc there are going to be problems.
bododk

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:44:45 AM

I've got to the same conclusion.. the attacker just needs to work around that
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 10:49:19 AM

Will the fork fix all, delete "hacked" mined blocks? If not can be reviewed the code and stop mining until new mining algorithm is released to avoid such situation?
siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:51:24 AM

Will the fork fix all, delete "hacked" mined blocks? If not can be reviewed the code and stop mining until new mining algorithm is released to avoid such situation?

No haha. The attacker's chain is now the real chain so they'll be forking that. None of the coins are going to be earned or blacklisted.
vitaminas

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:25:31 AM

$1 billion MC for a cheap, privacy clone that forked off Dogecoin. ofc there are going to be problems.

you clearly know a lot about verge, do some research. Verge is not a a dogecoin fork. But people automatically assume it is just because they had the name dogedark before rebrand.
siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:29:04 AM

you clearly know a lot about verge, do some research. Verge is not a a dogecoin fork. But people automatically assume it is just because they had the name dogedark before rebrand.

How is verge private if it can succumb to block chain analysis? Where is the touted private ledger that was meant to be released with wraith? Please explain why optional privacy in verge doesn't ruin privacy whereas it's been known that optional privacy is what makes zcash not private. Still waiting.
bisti

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:38:35 AM

How is verge private if it can succumb to block chain analysis? Where is the touted private ledger that was meant to be released with wraith? Please explain why optional privacy in verge doesn't ruin privacy whereas it's been known that optional privacy is what makes zcash not private. Still waiting.
I can tell you his answer:

HA-HA YOU ARE FOOL. YOU KNOW NOTHING. SEE YOU APR 17
siege3967

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:40:51 AM

I can tell you his answer:

HA-HA YOU ARE FOOL. YOU KNOW NOTHING. SEE YOU APR 17
L0l that's what I'm expecting but I'd like to call him out on it because he's telling people they know nothing about verge when he clearly has 0 knowledge and just gave in to the FOMO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: