Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:38:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:27:06 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ATGcjdI.png

Always doubt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Che454010

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:37:26 PM

What a block high now is right? In my brouser now is 1907

bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:49:18 PM

Most of the discussion is now taking place on the Telegram channer. The team seems honest and very committed to solve the problem, so no point to start shouting "scam scam" like stupid geese.

This is a conversation I am having on the Telegram channel. I have suggested to revert to testnet until they fix the problem and then restart from zero, resetting blockchain, a clean and fair start, This is the team's answer:

This is a very serious decision and not to be taken lightly. The mainnet is bugfree, we just need to solve scalability issues. Reverting to testnet would upset some of our miners and we are definitely not doing that unless the situation really demands it. So far, it is not the case.

And that is my reply:

Let me se if I get it right: since reverting to testnet would upset SOME of your miners you prefer to upset the 99% of your miners who could not mine for the whole first day? LoL, very interesting policy. Unless those few miners not to upset were very dear to you.

Again, the team seems competent and well intentioned, but to keep up such a catastrophic start without a clean restart will fuel polemics for months, since there will always be the suspect that someone has illegitimately profited from this mess.

CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:22:17 PM

Mining for a while now with my laptop and never finding a block. Since difficulty will supposedly only raise in future, and people will be less and less likely to find blocks and to earn coins as time goes by, why should they actually want to mine? If on the first day it is already so difficult to actually mine any coins, how on earth can this project even think to be scalable to mass adoption?
bobq

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:27:08 PM

The team has just published this on Telegram:

Dear Community members,
We owe you an apology.
We were not able to foresee problems caused by a faulty connection design and thus many of you had issues connecting to the correct blockchain.
This was regrettable and we apologize for the confusion today.
We would also want to thank you for all the support, time and energy over the past few months. This is a project that would have not been possible without the help of a caring community; one that we think truly deserves a finely-tuned product.
For that we have decided to put the mainnet on hold and re-assess our next steps, revert to testnet mining for 7 days and make sure that all the outstanding issues are fixed; after that there will be a countdown to make sure everybody gets a fair chance at mining.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
You guys are great!

WebDollar Team.

Best decision they could take, in my opinion. Well done!

GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:09:12 PM

Dear Community members,
We owe you an apology.
We were not able to foresee problems caused by a faulty connection design and thus many of you had issues connecting to the correct blockchain.
We would also want to thank you for all the support, time and energy over the past few months. This is a project that would have not been possible without the help of a caring community; one that we think truly deserves a finely-tuned product.
For that we have decided to put the mainnet on hold and re-assess our next steps, revert to testnet mining for 7 days and make sure that all the outstanding issues are fixed; after that there will be a countdown to make sure everybody gets a fair chance at mining.
You guys are great!

WebDollar Team.

I agree.

If they want to troubleshoot network stress, they should make an incentive for test-net miners.

Always doubt.
WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 05:26:03 PM

Dear Community members,
We owe you an apology.
You guys are great!

WebDollar Team.

Thank you bobq for forwarding our message and for the encouraging words.
Unfurtunately we had to take this decision. We've learned an important lesson from many aspects and we hope this would not happen again.
Thank you for the support

@WebDollar - Currency of the Internet             https://webdollar.io             MINING DIRECTLY IN BROWSER
Github    |     Telegram    |    Reddit    |    Medium    |     Facebook    |    Twitter
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:42:58 PM

Going back to testnet to solve the issues was the best choice.

Regarding the launch, it was said that there would be a countdown timer, I've been following this one, and missed it, if there were a countdown timer, probably it was a max 1~2hours countdown, if this is the case, this is not a fair launch, give us all the exact time&date with at least 2 days earlier.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:34:46 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 12:36:31 AM by TakeItEasy

Regarding the launch, it was said that there would be a countdown timer, I've been following this one, and missed it, if there were a countdown timer, probably it was a max 1~2hours countdown, if this is the case, this is not a fair launch, give us all the exact time&date with at least 2 days earlier.
There no were countdown timer and no were email notification for those who has subscribe.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:07:35 AM

There no were countdown timer and no were email notification for those who has subscribe.

If there was no countdown at all, and dev's missed their words, I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this one.

Dev's make thinks right, it's better for everyone, unless you just want to instamine.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
George_Alexandru

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:26:34 AM

If there was no countdown at all, and dev's missed their words, I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this one.

Dev's make thinks right, it's better for everyone, unless you just want to instamine.

As they've stated, there have been a few mistakes and they apologise for that.
Marius_Rosu

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:20:43 AM

Mining for a while now with my laptop and never finding a block. Since difficulty will supposedly only raise in future, and people will be less and less likely to find blocks and to earn coins as time goes by, why should they actually want to mine? If on the first day it is already so difficult to actually mine any coins, how on earth can this project even think to be scalable to mass adoption?
There were some scalability issues with the connections, so many people mined in fork. The devs already have a solution for that and work towards solving. Furthermore pools will be available in short time after main net launch so that more and more will have the chance to mine and receive reward more often.
Marius_Rosu

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:28:55 AM

They learned allot from this and I am certain they will make things right. There is also a telegram channel where you can keep in touch with the latest news regarding the project
https://t.me/webdollarnews

Marius_Rosu

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:41:24 AM

DEV:

Some communication would be good. The network seems riddled with issues. Can you chime in ?
The devs encountered some connection scalability issues, and were focusing  towards solving them, unfortunately they were unable to solve them in due time so the decision to rollback had to be made. A solution was found and work continues to implement it. The team expects to have all things ready to go in about a week, so please stay tuned in.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:42:13 AM

Yes, in this crypto field it is absolutely necessary for Devs to be coherent and to keep the word and the fairness. Losing credibility is just sooo easy.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
CruE11a

Activity: 30
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:58:53 PM

The thing is, no one expected this project to enjoy so much attention from the crypto fans. Both the community and the developers have been stunned by the huge flow of users who wanted to drill Webdollar that morning.
To understand what I'm referring to, I'm just saying that the number of users who accessed the mainnet was over 100 times higher than the stress-tests performed during the testnet period.
That was unbeliveble!!!! It was something completely unexpected, especially as we are talking about a project that did not benefit from a proper marketing campaign, because developers invested all resources in coding.
As far as I know, it's a project that has not invested with millions of dollars, like some similar ones recently launched, it's a project that lives exclusively from the desire of few people to do something that has not been done so far, developers and, as I said before, a small community.
bobq

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:10:03 AM

When will the pools be available? I understand that with pools people will be able to put hashpower together so as to increase the probability to find a block. In fact, how long will solo mining be still convenient? I have noticed that already on the first day at some point you wouldn't find any more blocks - well, at least you wouldn't get any more coins.

xaker74

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:00:11 AM

very interesting, but how many roughly time waiting main net? week, month, floor of year? I was surprised how many people got involved to mining main net))) you need to consider this load
bobq

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:06:19 AM

very interesting, but how many roughly time waiting main net? week, month, floor of year? I was surprised how many people got involved to mining main net))) you need to consider this load

In theory it was announced that mainnet would be restarted one week after, but I hope that they will tell in advance on which day and on which hour this is going to happen.

banhmicohaiz88

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:53:18 PM

This will be good, i hope this is 100% success
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: