Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:42:40 PM

Hi, the rest of 4 bln are the Genesis

What does that exactly mean? If that is not entirely clear or if it means the wrong thing people will just think that these coins can be dumped on the market any moment - in which case bye bye investors and bye bye price.

As it is described in our BitcoinTalk post, those 4 bld. would be used for developing features in WebDollar, marketing, exchange listing, bounties and more.

There should be a way to check funds from pre-mined WebDollar, this would give some more confidence to users

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 12:42:57 AM

Hi, the rest of 4 bln are the Genesis

What does that exactly mean? If that is not entirely clear or if it means the wrong thing people will just think that these coins can be dumped on the market any moment - in which case bye bye investors and bye bye price.

As it is described in our BitcoinTalk post, those 4 bld. would be used for developing features in WebDollar, marketing, exchange listing, bounties and more.

There should be a way to check funds from pre-mined WebDollar, this would give some more confidence to users

Because at this moment the difference of 9.9% is to big comparing with what was mined in few days from main net there is no reason to show that. If anyone want to check can do this via console in browser.
gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:22:51 AM

personally your opinion ... first, I have a limited Internet connection through a modem, on the Web-based Internet account the expense is very large ..
the second, every 10-15 minutes the slider with the number of cores goes to zero, I need to constantly monitor (located on this tab), the third one, constantly reload the page, I catch the block, I go to look at it in the explorer as a result I'm in the fork, I had enough for 2 hours for such a prey (2 blocks came out and they turned out to be false)
you have big defects on the site, where there is no possibility of stable production, while the number of coins produced is growing rapidly, so I have only one way-is it to buy coins on the exchange? but I am tormented by vague doubts that 90% are in the hands of the developers (because once you can work stably extraction)

NonStop

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:20:43 AM

personally your opinion ... first, I have a limited Internet connection through a modem, on the Web-based Internet account the expense is very large ..
the second, every 10-15 minutes the slider with the number of cores goes to zero, I need to constantly monitor (located on this tab), the third one, constantly reload the page, I catch the block, I go to look at it in the explorer as a result I'm in the fork, I had enough for 2 hours for such a prey (2 blocks came out and they turned out to be false)
you have big defects on the site, where there is no possibility of stable production, while the number of coins produced is growing rapidly, so I have only one way-is it to buy coins on the exchange? but I am tormented by vague doubts that 90% are in the hands of the developers (because once you can work stably extraction)

They just change "pre-mine" to "9.9% (4.1568 Billion) reserved for WebDollar Genesis."
Genesis ?
It is "pre-mine". That's why you don't make ICO.

Total supply: 42,000,000,000 (42 Billion) WEBD
mining over a 100 year time span

It means that you took 10 years of mining to yourself. You have balance of 10 year of mining!
I'm out.
It's just another scam.

AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 01:20:47 PM

They just change "pre-mine" to "9.9% (4.1568 Billion) reserved for WebDollar Genesis."
Genesis ?

It means that you took 10 years of mining to yourself. You have balance of 10 year of mining!
I'm out.
It's just another scam.

Take a close look on the graphics and you will notice the reward distribution is like Bitcoin Distribution. That means in first 4 years 21 bld. of WebDollars will be mined (and as you said the team has less than 1 year of mining for having founds to grow the ecosystem). The genesis is for future developments, marketing, bounties, and more things for develop the WebDollar ecosystem.

The slider is going to 0 because you were mining a fork and the platform understand this and is stopping the mining. We're working to fix that in next days. This is a issue which will be resolved in few days from 100 years of mining... Come on.. As a work around until we will fix that issue you can try terminal mining.
alexandru.b

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Genesis ?

I'm out.
It's just another scam.

Bitcoin was mined/pre-mined by Satoshi. Many researchers believe that Satoshi mined between 1 million to 1.6 million Bitcoins that makes up to 8.4% in today's bitcoin circulation . According to your judgment, Bitcoin it is a scam too, isn't it? Then why you discuss on this forum?

https://i.imgur.com/gywPvbZ.png

https://eklitzke.org/how-many-bitcoins-did-satoshi-nakamoto-mine

More than half of the WebDollar Genesis will be given away to the WebDollar community to the most important contributors. We already have people who started partnerships with companies and promoted WebDollar online or built WebDollar blockchain explorers.

The other half of the WebDollar Genesis is vested for the next 4 years to new tech developments like: "anonymity, smart contracts, scalability, etc"

Moreover, WebDollar is a public Blockchain, so you can verify every transaction.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:49:04 PM

Genesis ?

I'm out.
It's just another scam.

Bitcoin was mined/pre-mined by Satoshi. Many researchers believe that Satoshi mined between 1 million to 1.6 million Bitcoins that makes up to 8.4% in today's bitcoin circulation . According to your judgment, Bitcoin it is a scam too, isn't it? Then why you discuss on this forum?

https://eklitzke.org/how-many-bitcoins-did-satoshi-nakamoto-mine

More than half of the WebDollar Genesis will be given away to the WebDollar community to the most important contributors. We already have people who started partnerships with companies and promoted WebDollar online or built WebDollar blockchain explorers.

The other half of the WebDollar Genesis is vested for the next 4 years to new tech developments like: "anonymity, smart contracts, scalability, etc"

Moreover, WebDollar is a public Blockchain, so you can verify every transaction.

I personally don't think at all that Webdollar is a scam, your explanations to this concern are making sense, and all what the team does or has done in the past speaks for its honesty. However, given the nature and the history of the crypto-space prepare to face allegations of this kind for quite some time. Perhaps, you could prepare a comprehensive FAQ on this theme, because these will indeed be Very Frequent Questions as the project will take off and more and more people will have to decide wether to invest their money for buying WEBD on the exchanges or not.

hodler64

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:34:35 AM

How to watch block difficulty, miners etc?
How long to wait for exchanges?
tanastasiu

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:56:08 AM

Considering that WebDollar is an in-browser mining cryptocurrency and assuming that over time it gains mass adoption, especially from non tech-savy people, how do we make sure that no centralized entity can take control of the protocol?
For example, if core developers introduce a controversial update in the Bitcoin protocol, the Bitcoin community of miners are able to boycott it just by deciding to not update the software.

How does WebDollar work in this case to remain completely free and open ecosystem?
ARTHurt

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:07:45 PM

anyone interested in buying webd? PM
coin8coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:19:34 PM

have mined some WEBD, will hold till the price up to $1 = 1 WEBD
bobq

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:10:10 AM

Considering that WebDollar is an in-browser mining cryptocurrency and assuming that over time it gains mass adoption, especially from non tech-savy people, how do we make sure that no centralized entity can take control of the protocol?
For example, if core developers introduce a controversial update in the Bitcoin protocol, the Bitcoin community of miners are able to boycott it just by deciding to not update the software.

How does WebDollar work in this case to remain completely free and open ecosystem?

That's a quite interesting theoretical question, especially as webdollar plans to be a coin mineable "for the next 100 years", and of course none of the current devs will be around by then unless the technological singularity makes everyone immortal at some point.
I guess the only technical possibility of the unhappy miners not to accept choices by the devs would be to fork the project, if they are able to of course and it it would make sense.

AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 03:53:33 AM

That's a quite interesting theoretical question, especially as webdollar plans to be a coin mineable "for the next 100 years", and of course none of the current devs will be around by then unless the technological singularity makes everyone immortal at some point.
I guess the only technical possibility of the unhappy miners not to accept choices by the devs would be to fork the project, if they are able to of course and it it would make sense.

It is and it will be the same like BTC. To be a decentralized system is our main scope because we started from the idea to create a cryptocurrency like BTC but with all requirements for allowing mass adoption happen.
bobq

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:31:22 PM

It is and it will be the same like BTC. To be a decentralized system is our main scope because we started from the idea to create a cryptocurrency like BTC but with all requirements for allowing mass adoption happen.

In fact it was more a theoretical question, rather than a practical one. In real life things have their own evolution anyway, so way to possibly predict everything.

BlueParadise

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:29:45 AM

hey guys, I have the auto refresh plugin for chrome and minimized the chrome window when mining, as it was suggested in another topic. Does anyone else have any other tips ? I have reached 2 days without finding a single block ... the frustration is real Smiley
cristiwn

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:21:22 AM

For now there aren't a lot of tips. I just periodically check the pc to make sure it's all going smooth, but I guess if you refresh periodically there's no point.
Just make sure you use the best browser for your pc(intel- firefox, amd-chrome I think) and minimize the browser(I've checked and I get better hashes this way).

With the current global hash rate around 3Mh/s, the chance is to get one block per day with an average pc of 1500hash power. If you have some bad luck you might be getting nothing for days, as the block/day is just an average estimation(you could get nothing for days then get 2-3 blocks a day).
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:40:29 AM

For now there aren't a lot of tips. I just periodically check the pc to make sure it's all going smooth, but I guess if you refresh periodically there's no point.
Just make sure you use the best browser for your pc(intel- firefox, amd-chrome I think) and minimize the browser(I've checked and I get better hashes this way).

With the current global hash rate around 3Mh/s, the chance is to get one block per day with an average pc of 1500hash power. If you have some bad luck you might be getting nothing for days, as the block/day is just an average estimation(you could get nothing for days then get 2-3 blocks a day).

Your estimate is quite optimistic. With such an increased hash rate I'm not getting any blocks for many days now, so I had to stop mining. The comparison that was made a few posts ago with bitcoin is getting more and more accurate: just like it makes no sense bitcoin solo mining, now the same begins to be true for webdollar.

robertclaudiu

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 11:06:44 AM

Your estimate is quite optimistic. With such an increased hash rate I'm not getting any blocks for many days now, so I had to stop mining. The comparison that was made a few posts ago with bitcoin is getting more and more accurate: just like it makes no sense bitcoin solo mining, now the same begins to be true for webdollar.
For this reason I decided to start making Pool /forms/hed4NxjGXGRINn4l1]https://[Suspicious link removed]/forms/hed4NxjGXGRINn4l1 miner recruitment. At this time my pool in progress is about 12% from global hashrate and grow pretty fast.  Join and share so you are subscribed for newsletter
m443

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:26:37 PM

i make  small search about the founder "Alexandru Ionut Budisteanu"
and checked his linked in account:
https://ro.linkedin.com/in/budisteanu

there is any thing about his coin on his page.

and this is his official website:
http://budisteanu.net/

there is nothing about web dollar ?!
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 05:03:24 PM

hey guys, I have the auto refresh plugin for chrome and minimized the chrome window when mining, as it was suggested in another topic. Does anyone else have any other tips ? I have reached 2 days without finding a single block ... the frustration is real Smiley

We don't recommend to use this. The global hashrate get x3 more than first days of main net.

i make  small search about the founder "Alexandru Ionut Budisteanu"
and checked his linked in account:
https://ro.linkedin.com/in/budisteanu

there is any thing about his coin on his page.

and this is his official website:
http://budisteanu.net/

there is nothing about web dollar ?!

We focused in last months a lot on codding, but after finishing the pools and exchange listing be sure he will post something about. But for sure this is him talking about WebDollar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO67T4jip3k
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: