Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:44:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 12:35:25 PM

sounds good, a very interesting project keep on going guys.

Thank you! Don't forget to subscribe to newletter for being kept up to date.

I want to announce here when we will officially release mining pools we will release a big bounty program too! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

at this point almost nothing will help you; without pool at least is a definitely waste of time and energy.

global hash rate was today between 45Mh/s and 79Mh/s

one i7 gen6 processor, 8 cores at 95%, overclocked at 4GHz give you 1.5-1.7Kh/s; so do your math from here

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh
That's not good. It would be good it that hashpower would come from a huge number of people mining, but evidence is suggesting that instead there are less and less miners with more and more hashpower - which means huge and expensive server farms. In other words, WebDollar is getting more and more centralized - JUST AS BITCOIN DID. We all know that the majority of Bitcoins are nowadays produced by less and less players with bigger and bigger mining farms, like Bitmain. The same is starting to happen to Webdollar, and what's bad is that it's happening even BEFORE mass adoption has ever started, and this can in fact jeopardize mass adoption. It has been a big strategic mistake to release the mainnet without already working pools. I had suggested the need of pools even before the mainnet went live, pity I was not listened to. Let's see if the upcoming pools will allow Webdollar to slowly climb back to a wider adoption and resque the project. For sure, it will be hard now, as the majority of the coins are getting in very few hands. To have a great tech is a waste of value if then you mess up everything with poor strategic thinking and unprecise and chaotic planning.
Deoceca

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:09:40 PM

Hey, team!
Hope you discover fairly resources to develop your business.
Responsive activity, riveting website, irreproachable website!
EvlMiner

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:51:03 PM

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh
That's not good. It would be good it that hashpower would come from a huge number of people mining, but evidence is suggesting that instead there are less and less miners with more and more hashpower - which means huge and expensive server farms. In other words, WebDollar is getting more and more centralized - JUST AS BITCOIN DID. We all know that the majority of Bitcoins are nowadays produced by less and less players with bigger and bigger mining farms, like Bitmain. The same is starting to happen to Webdollar, and what's bad is that it's happening even BEFORE mass adoption has ever started, and this can in fact jeopardize mass adoption. It has been a big strategic mistake to release the mainnet without already working pools. I had suggested the need of pools even before the mainnet went live, pity I was not listened to. Let's see if the upcoming pools will allow Webdollar to slowly climb back to a wider adoption and resque the project. For sure, it will be hard now, as the majority of the coins are getting in very few hands. To have a great tech is a waste of value if then you mess up everything with poor strategic thinking and unprecise and chaotic planning.

The big miners were going to get in no matter what. Maybe even faster if pools were around. In fact, that's what I've noticed with other coins. And there was a lengthy window of time where anyone with a quad core cpu could get a block a day or more. So i think things are going as well as they can in this day and age.
Jenkins_Shawn

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:00:28 PM

Greetings guys!
I wish the idea luck!
Unprejudiced business, brilliant design.
CryptoRobert

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:07:13 PM

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh

The big miners were going to get in no matter what. Maybe even faster if pools were around. In fact, that's what I've noticed with other coins. And there was a lengthy window of time where anyone with a quad core cpu could get a block a day or more. So i think things are going as well as they can in this day and age.

If the big miners get in when you already have tens or hundreds of thousands of little miners, their impact is less catastrophic. Now we are having a situation where all webdollars are mined by just a few subjects. And it gets worse and worse. Difficult to escape from such a situation. How will you now motivate ordinary people to mine?
EvlMiner

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:18:46 PM

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh

If the big miners get in when you already have tens or hundreds of thousands of little miners, their impact is less catastrophic. Now we are having a situation where all webdollars are mined by just a few subjects. And it gets worse and worse. Difficult to escape from such a situation. How will you now motivate ordinary people to mine?

Not in this day and age. I see coins show up and they are completely unminable day 1. At least with webdollar there were weeks of opportunity to get blocks with a regular quad core. Yes, it would've been ideal to get pools as soon as the hashrate jumped... But considering the kind of design they're going for, I can see why it's not as easy as with some other coins.
The ease of use and mainstream appeal they're going for, give it a huge potential for decentralization, compared to other coins I've seen.
CryptoRobert

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:59:30 PM

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh

Not in this day and age. I see coins show up and they are completely unminable day 1. At least with webdollar there were weeks of opportunity to get blocks with a regular quad core. Yes, it would've been ideal to get pools as soon as the hashrate jumped... But considering the kind of design they're going for, I can see why it's not as easy as with some other coins.
The ease of use and mainstream appeal they're going for, give it a huge potential for decentralization, compared to other coins I've seen.

Of course it still has a huge potential. But a lot of potential has been wasted by releasing an uncomplete platform, a condition which has given an insane advantage to a few big data centers. I am personallty quite happy to have mined a nice stack of webdollars in the early days, but here we are speaking of the goals of mass adoption, which is a very delicate task to accomplish nowadays. Do the coins which show up and they are completely unminable day 1 then achieve mass adoption? I don't think so. The more you want to have an enduring success, the more you have to stay away from centralization. This is not happening right now - on the contrary!
hihitao45

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:08:56 PM

I'm fond on this idea. I'm looking forward to wait what is going to happen!
EvlMiner

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:29:50 PM

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh

Of course it still has a huge potential. But a lot of potential has been wasted by releasing an uncomplete platform, a condition which has given an insane advantage to a few big data centers. I am personallty quite happy to have mined a nice stack of webdollars in the early days, but here we are speaking of the goals of mass adoption, which is a very delicate task to accomplish nowadays. Do the coins which show up and they are completely unminable day 1 then achieve mass adoption? I don't think so. The more you want to have an enduring success, the more you have to stay away from centralization. This is not happening right now - on the contrary!

Obviously. Would've been ideal to have the pools ready as soon as the hashrate started going up. But they can't go back in time and change that. All we can do is wait for the pools and support the network once they're out.
CryptoRobert

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:32:02 PM

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh

Obviously. Would've been ideal to have the pools ready as soon as the hashrate started going up. But they can't go back in time and change that. All we can do is wait for the pools and support the network once they're out.

AT THIS POINT this is indeed all and the best that we can do. But the reason why I'm remembering the mistakes which have been done is to encourage the team to be more humble and to realize their points of weakness and to find solutions to them. A great tech can be revolutionary, something never seen before, but a bad management can tank any Titanic. By acknowledging their points of weakness and their mistakes, hopefully they could avoid further mistakes in future.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 10:34:32 PM

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh

Here is no problem... Our network is still very small even we have 40MH/s. In first day we didn't expected to have 1MH/s and now after 2 months of developing continuously the tech we reached 40x than first day without doing any kind of marketing or something else to attract people. But after exchange listing we will start our promoting tools.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 10:36:06 PM

45Mh/s and 79Mh/s Huh

AT THIS POINT this is indeed all and the best that we can do. But the reason why I'm remembering the mistakes which have been done is to encourage the team to be more humble and to realize their points of weakness and to find solutions to them. A great tech can be revolutionary, something never seen before, but a bad management can tank any Titanic. By acknowledging their points of weakness and their mistakes, hopefully they could avoid further mistakes in future.

Well said. This is the reason why we didn't do something to growth. To be honest we didn't expected in the first day at 1MH/s and at 40x growth in just two months without marketing.
ultimul

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:03:44 AM

looks like the experimental pool is working somehow; at least it show mining, however the numbers there seems wrong; but guess it's still development stage

the create a new pool feature is not working yet;
ultimul

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:59:27 AM

so the wallet and payments from pools are not working;
even after 2 confirmed blocks the wallet is still showing some WD at potential payment but actually no available WD
Lamdecaka

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:22:44 AM

I want the plan luck. Interesting website, unblemished project!  Good luck team!
cryptolancers

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 02:10:09 AM

following the supply circulation and more than 90% minningable i think that it will be high on the sky than it dumps than your project could start and the price can finally stabliizate
baureksa

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:39:05 AM

Mining is quite complicated but has good results, hoping mining in Webdollar can be smooth and can develop well.
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 03:54:24 AM

Wow, I have read through the First post and I would be honest that I am somewhat impressed by what I am seeing here. I would like to ask though what does it take for me to start mining the said coin using my browser? You mentioned on the website that "Just visit WebDollar.io and you can start mining directly on the site." but does your website shows how or what the instructions might be? I am really interested in this and am bookmarking it now to be sure I won't miss anything from this coin. Thanks.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███████████████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 11:54:03 AM

Wow, I have read through the First post and I would be honest that I am somewhat impressed by what I am seeing here. I would like to ask though what does it take for me to start mining the said coin using my browser? You mentioned on the website that "Just visit WebDollar.io and you can start mining directly on the site." but does your website shows how or what the instructions might be? I am really interested in this and am bookmarking it now to be sure I won't miss anything from this coin. Thanks.

Hi and thank you for your feedback! We have an experimental mining pool on the main network for papering the releasing of mining pools. Check it out: https://webdollar.ddns.net/pool/0/WebDollar%20Experimental%20Pool/0.02/WEBD$gCGdPQLohdeHQqa+ptoJ@QK2LCvN7IS5JX$/93ba881950314cca579d4f8699a6bc67695ec7292bceadb6f6709b70beba774a/https:$$webdollar.ddns.net/https:$$webdollar.ddns.net:8085
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: