Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 02:28:18 PM

If the devs where payed in WBD where they can exchange WEBD for $?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not everybody have money to sustain the mining from their own pocket

In the beginning of BTC no one tough how they cashing sell BTC faster. They did from passion. And now you can see the result of their passion. This is what we want too from WebDollar Community.

Don't compare this coin with BTC or this time when we have so many exchanges with 2009.

You want to say that WEBD will have his own exchange where the creators will dump 4 billions of coins? You can't go more centralized than this. You can beat BITMAIN if you do this.
We want an answer about the exchanges. Not everybody wants to mine forever and keep your coins.

You're funny. Nobody will dump the coins, it is not ethical and healthy for the project. We didn't do any ICO in order to have money for paying exchanges to list us. anyone from the community can list WebDollar anywhere. We just developed a technology. Sky is the limit, you can list WebDollar everywhere you want. Due to high costs of listing a coin we're developing the ecosystem exchange where everyone will be able to trade WebDollar at the cheapest fees.

Hahahaha
"You're funny. Nobody will dump the coins, it is not ethical and healthy for the project"

I may be funny but I know for sure that if you have a good project your coin will be listed for free on the biggest exchanges. Take IOTA for example.

If you create your own exchange how do you plan to bring the buyers because you will have a lot of sellers?

Who is developing this project? Are you an organization, foundation or something?

Do not mess things up. IOTA had ICO premined 100% for investors => funds for developing and listing.

We did chose the second way. We finished the tech and now after finishing the exchange we will do marketing with our own resources in order to achieve an organic growth. We're not an foundation and we don't need to be because we didn't need to ask anyone to fund us in order to finish the tech. Like BTC we developed a tech and our community with us will develop the project. Explorers, exchange listings, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:46:31 PM
Merited by Zeneize (1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the beginning of BTC no one tough how they cashing sell BTC faster. They did from passion. And now you can see the result of their passion. This is what we want too from WebDollar Community.

Don't compare this coin with BTC or this time when we have so many exchanges with 2009.

You want to say that WEBD will have his own exchange where the creators will dump 4 billions of coins? You can't go more centralized than this. You can beat BITMAIN if you do this.
We want an answer about the exchanges. Not everybody wants to mine forever and keep your coins.

You're funny. Nobody will dump the coins, it is not ethical and healthy for the project. We didn't do any ICO in order to have money for paying exchanges to list us. anyone from the community can list WebDollar anywhere. We just developed a technology. Sky is the limit, you can list WebDollar everywhere you want. Due to high costs of listing a coin we're developing the ecosystem exchange where everyone will be able to trade WebDollar at the cheapest fees.

Hahahaha
"You're funny. Nobody will dump the coins, it is not ethical and healthy for the project"

I may be funny but I know for sure that if you have a good project your coin will be listed for free on the biggest exchanges. Take IOTA for example.

If you create your own exchange how do you plan to bring the buyers because you will have a lot of sellers?

Who is developing this project? Are you an organization, foundation or something?

Do not mess things up. IOTA had ICO premined 100% for investors => funds for developing and listing.

We did chose the second way. We finished the tech and now after finishing the exchange we will do marketing with our own resources in order to achieve an organic growth. We're not an foundation and we don't need to be because we didn't need to ask anyone to fund us in order to finish the tech. Like BTC we developed a tech and our community with us will develop the project. Explorers, exchange listings, etc.

I like this approach, which reminds of the old spirit of the first Bitcoin pioneers. Now most of the projects are about how fast a new coin is getting to an established exchange so that the firstcomers can play at the musical chair at who is dumping the coins at the highest price before others do and who is the unlucky one left in the role of the bagholder full of worthless coins. Nobody cares about tech any more if not as a pretext for a pump&dump. And now here we have the team of Webdollar who, in spite of having chosen a quite terrible name for their coin, are passionate about developing their project regardless of all these common crypto miseries.
Do they contraddict themselves on this path? Yes, they do, again and again. Because that happens when you are working for the aim of creating something new.
I like this.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Zeneize

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:06:17 PM

Hahahaha

I like this approach, which reminds of the old spirit of the first Bitcoin pioneers. Now most of the projects are about how fast a new coin is getting to an established exchange so that the firstcomers can play at the musical chair at who is dumping the coins at the highest price before others do and who is the unlucky one left in the role of the bagholder full of worthless coins. Nobody cares about tech any more if not as a pretext for a pump&dump. And now here we have the team of Webdollar who, in spite of having chosen a quite terrible name for their coin, are passionate about developing their project regardless of all these common crypto miseries.
Do they contraddict themselves on this path? Yes, they do, again and again. Because that happens when you are working for the aim of creating something new.
I like this.

I have to agree with you on that. With all due respect for their tecnical skills I have been quite critical on the chaotic planning (or lack of proper planning) of the team. But certainly if you look at the whole issue this way, then we can just only see those mistakes as minor quite irrelevant issues.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
JavarisN

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:16:12 PM

Great thing to know that the team is this active here in the crypto currency community. They team is using the social media which is really a great tool for this scalable smart-contract platform for infinite data idea to be known by investors and also to gain more users and supporters. I'll be keep looking forward for this idea to succeed and attain its great goal.
imageanodising

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:16:29 AM

I find your idea is very creative community Crypto's currency. It gives great inspiration to the reader, stimulating the learning of others. I hope there will be many such innovative projects in the future.
LucyInTheSkyWithDiamonds

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:43:41 AM

Listing this coin on a reputed exchange would be better than on your own exchange.
You have ZERO experience to build an exchange.
How do you plan to become an exchange if you are not a registered company?

The liquidity will be so small on your own exchange and the coin will be dumped even harder.

There is not a single company which back up your project and you talk about adoption.

Be real! Nobody knows about WEBD besides a few guys from bitcointalk. Twitter account is dead, Reddit is dead, Facebook the same. You are only on telegram but there nothing can be disputed because you can't create threads.

And stop comparing WEBD with BTC.

MobyCrypt

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:25:51 AM

Listing this coin on a reputed exchange would be better than on your own exchange.

The liquidity will be so small on your own exchange and the coin will be dumped even harder.

There is not a single company which back up your project and you talk about adoption.

Be real! Nobody knows about WEBD besides a few guys from bitcointalk. Twitter account is dead, Reddit is dead, Facebook the same. You are only on telegram but there nothing can be disputed because you can't create threads.

Then why are you here? If you don't like how the project is evolving just leave and get involved with the 1500+ other crypto projects which exist. By the way, most of the 1500+ other projects are just known by a few guys from bitcointalk. And so has been Bitcoin for several years as well, by the way.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 11:34:51 AM

Then why are you here? If you don't like how the project is evolving just leave and get involved with the 1500+ other crypto projects which exist. By the way, most of the 1500+ other projects are just known by a few guys from bitcointalk. And so has been Bitcoin for several years as well, by the way.

LucyInTheSkyWithDiamonds and deer_hunter89 are accounts which posted only on this thread in order to make FUD and from now we will delete all their messages on this thread. Most probably they are paid by someone... I have no idea who would pay for FUDing a project... Maybe is a part of a dump strategy in order to buy cheap in this period?
WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

First of all, many Exchanges are not registered as companies because they do crypto to crypto. Second of all, we respect all the laws from Romania which doesn't recognize cryptocurrencies as anything. So, for the government I live, cryptocurrencies simply doesn't exist. Even the first Exchanges of Bitcoin from 2010 were not registered companies and they were built by the community. To give you a really good example: Etherdelta.  Our models to creation is simply Bitcoin. This is exactly what we are achieving "one CPU - one vote". We are not interested in paying big exchanges fees (which even costs millions of dollars for Binance for instance) for listing our coin. Second of all, Bitcoin is not a company but a technology and a community. WebDollar wants to be exactly like Bitcoin, an open source technology and open minded community

@WebDollar - Currency of the Internet             https://webdollar.io             MINING DIRECTLY IN BROWSER
Github    |     Telegram    |    Reddit    |    Medium    |     Facebook    |    Twitter
Forcovaljudg

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:48:33 AM

Good morning
Folks, do I understand right that according to the chart, about 40 percent will be alocated for marketing, growth hacking, PR, partnership and affiliate programs?
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 11:51:16 AM

Good morning
Folks, do I understand right that according to the chart, about 40 percent will be alocated for marketing, growth hacking, PR, partnership and affiliate programs?

Morning, yes! This is true. We didn't started yet to touch that part of founds.
NotAnExit

Activity: 131

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 01:20:42 AM

We are not interested in paying big exchanges fees (which even costs millions of dollars for Binance for instance) for listing our coin.

I would hold out a very long time before considering having to pay anything to get listed. Exchanges earn on transactions and if they really feel they are losing out on a coin I believe they would list it so they too can earn from the trades.

My wonder though is this. With this being a web-based coin, how do the exchanges go about listing it if they wanted too?
densai

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:44:52 AM

This is a idea that addresses the people’s problem and pays for the goods. The allocation of funds on each business item is one of the factors that can compete with other projects for the same purpose in the market. The community paid much attention to the issue. Can you share more detail?
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:26:42 AM

Hi !
is webdollarminingpool alright?
I'm getting lots of "pool didn't respond / send hello is not working", mining app gives 0 hashes/s.
thanksss
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:04:37 AM

Hi !
I'm getting lots of "pool didn't respond / send hello is not working", mining app gives 0 hashes/s.
thanksss

The website seems in a state of abandonement. For weeks now links are not working. The link to the "Exchange" in the upper bar leads to google. The link to "Referral" leads to nowhere. There is no way to understand how one should use the site. Any newcomer would just leave as there is no explanation whatsoever as the FAQ is outdated and inadequate. This suggests the team having a zero understanding on how to communicate with people. Zero. Not exactly in tune with the declared intent of looking for mass adoption.

WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 10:38:06 AM

Hi !
thanksss

The website seems in a state of abandonement. For weeks now links are not working. The link to the "Exchange" in the upper bar leads to google. The link to "Referral" leads to nowhere. There is no way to understand how one should use the site. Any newcomer would just leave as there is no explanation whatsoever as the FAQ is outdated and inadequate. This suggests the team having a zero understanding on how to communicate with people. Zero. Not exactly in tune with the declared intent of looking for mass adoption.

When you click the referral link, the link is copied in your clipboard and you don't need to do anything else. It is that simple. The project is open source and anybody is welcome to contribute in many forms like adding more answers to the FAQ, coding, fixing minor bugs etc. WebDollar is an open source project, just like Bitcoin. It is built by the community for the community.

@WebDollar - Currency of the Internet             https://webdollar.io             MINING DIRECTLY IN BROWSER
Github    |     Telegram    |    Reddit    |    Medium    |     Facebook    |    Twitter
foolishorient

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:49:59 AM

exchange?
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:13:13 PM

The project is dead. No exchange, no adoption, they want to switch to PoS to mine another X billion WEB with their genesis in the next years...

If you say something they don;t like you get banned

FUD FUD FUD hahaha
Switch to PoS means that there will be a hardfork.
So I hope, in this time, devs will not forget about community and will make a vote in which community chooses whether the genesis should participate in PoS or PoS coins from genesis must be burned.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
NotAnExit

Activity: 131

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 12:48:50 AM

Pe webdollar.io, alegerea unui pool e aventura: set-ezi unul, si de multe ori sare pe un altul - haotic.

Apoi, cred ca se poate implementa in cod o lista in care fiecarui pool (inclusiv consensus) sa i se poata
atasa o prioritate.
Ex: pool_d    --> 1
    pool_b      --> 2
    consensus --> 3
    pool_a      --> 4
    pool_c      --> 5
Astfel incat, daca pool_d cade, automat sa sara pe pool_b. Si daca pool_b cade si el, sa treaca pe consensus. Etc.

Ca sa nu aflam dimineata ca pool-ul curent a cazut...
Lista poate fi circulara.

Translation:
On webdollar.io, choosing a pool is an adventure: set one, and often jumps on another - chaotic.

Then I think you can implement in the code a list in which each pool (including consensus) can be
attach a priority.
Ex: pool_d -> 1
    pool_b -> 2
    consensus -> 3
    pool_a -> 4
    pool_c -> 5
So, if pool_d falls, automatically jump to pool_b. And if pool_b falls, he's on the consensus. And so on

Not to find out in the morning that the current pool fell ...
The list can be circular.

------
galileo2 ,  keep in mind there are pool fees. I half like your idea, the half that doesn't has to do with the fees. Not that it might start a fee war, but imagine if it auto swapped and everyone ended up in that pool, and then the fees started increasing because one pool manager is king of the hill and then decides to up the fee. Not that a fee war would be a bad thing, it would absolutely be something unseen in crypto so far, and we all know bad news is also good news, so ...

The only way, if there was an auto swap on drop, to make it fair would be to maybe split the ocean. Keep USA and Europe separate and if there is a dump in USA all miners that get dropped that live in USA would be rerouted to another USA node; and all Europe drop miners would be rerouted to Europe secondary node!

Just helping to think out of the box here ...
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:06:21 PM

Pe webdollar.io, alegerea unui pool e aventura: set-ezi unul, si de multe ori sare pe un altul - haotic.

Apoi, cred ca se poate implementa in cod o lista in care fiecarui pool (inclusiv consensus) sa i se poata
atasa o prioritate.
Ex: pool_d    --> 1
    pool_b      --> 2
    consensus --> 3
    pool_a      --> 4
    pool_c      --> 5
Astfel incat, daca pool_d cade, automat sa sara pe pool_b. Si daca pool_b cade si el, sa treaca pe consensus. Etc.

Ca sa nu aflam dimineata ca pool-ul curent a cazut...
Lista poate fi circulara.

Translation:
On webdollar.io, choosing a pool is an adventure: set one, and often jumps on another - chaotic.

Then I think you can implement in the code a list in which each pool (including consensus) can be
attach a priority.
Ex: pool_d -> 1
    pool_b -> 2
    consensus -> 3
    pool_a -> 4
    pool_c -> 5
So, if pool_d falls, automatically jump to pool_b. And if pool_b falls, he's on the consensus. And so on

Not to find out in the morning that the current pool fell ...
The list can be circular.

------
galileo2 ,  keep in mind there are pool fees. I half like your idea, the half that doesn't has to do with the fees. Not that it might start a fee war, but imagine if it auto swapped and everyone ended up in that pool, and then the fees started increasing because one pool manager is king of the hill and then decides to up the fee. Not that a fee war would be a bad thing, it would absolutely be something unseen in crypto so far, and we all know bad news is also good news, so ...

The only way, if there was an auto swap on drop, to make it fair would be to maybe split the ocean. Keep USA and Europe separate and if there is a dump in USA all miners that get dropped that live in USA would be rerouted to another USA node; and all Europe drop miners would be rerouted to Europe secondary node!

Just helping to think out of the box here ...

Thanks for translating. However this is the English thread, so people shouldn't post here in Romanian. There is the Romanian area of the forum for that.
As for the pools, I agree they are quite messy right now to use and when you try you don't have enough feedback on what is actually goin on - to that for time being i'm passing on this.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: