Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:29:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
katomista

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 09:17:52 PM

You don't understand that there is competition in the network and you can't expect to mine efficiently if you don't invest a bit.

1.For POS mining you need to choose a pool that takes a lot of POS blocks and have a decent amount of WEBD, like 100.000 (that you need to buy from an exchange). Then you can setup mining in the browser for POS and see daily returns. (note that for POS in browser you need to have the wallet not encrypted to be able to stake).

2. For POW you need a decently powerful PC and use the terminal miner with CPP optimization. If you don't use terminal you will have 10x less hash power and you will not be able to compete with those that use data centers of servers. So your target is over 20k H/s and choose a pool that gets a lot of POW blocks.

It is critical to choose the right pools for your type of mining and that do regular payments! If you choose a pool that does not catch blocks obviously you will not see any payments.

But the easy mining part is for POS. You don't need powerful CPU, you just need as much WEBD as you can afford and then stake it. There are a lot of tutorials and also good info on the Telegram pinned messages. You just need to take some time to really understanding it.
Also there is a free hosting service for POS that you can try created by one of the community members: https://www.hostero.eu/docs/webdollar-pos-mining . This is 100% legit and safe and it does the work for you.

It is easy to get frustrated when you miss some crucial info and then throw accusations allover the place.
And believe me, this is the easiest crypto-currency with original and unique blockchain to mine that gives you full control of your wallet.

oh please... suggest me to use terminal miner which doesn't event build correctly like everyone on webd telegram. talking about that -> https://youtu.be/AO67T4jip3k?t=40 I liked webd at first but really slowly it is coming webd failed to be even a bit what bitcoin is. oh and one more thing! invest? really? pos? for what? you have there your devs wallet with 30% pos use them and make webd browser mining usable and spread webd if you do believe in webd and future of it!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ildotoress

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 06:48:49 AM

For terminal there is this tutorial that works 100%: https://github.com/cbusuioceanu/How-to-mine-WebDollar-with-Linux-Terminal/blob/master/how-to-mine-webd-linux-terminal.md
Everything is integrated in scripts and does the install for you. You must be too noob or ill intended to say it does not work.

Bounty system is almost coded and the distribution of coins will start soon. Everything will be included in automated rewarding system, if you do a tasks you will receive the reward.

This coin is now oriented more towards staking as mining is done with data-centers, that is why if you want to invest it is easier on that side, but obviously it it your choice and you do your own analysis.
dnytje_is

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:38:54 AM

For terminal there is this tutorial that works 100%: https://github.com/cbusuioceanu/How-to-mine-WebDollar-with-Linux-Terminal/blob/master/how-to-mine-webd-linux-terminal.md
Everything is integrated in scripts and does the install for you. You must be too noob or ill intended to say it does not work.

Bounty system is almost coded and the distribution of coins will start soon. Everything will be included in automated rewarding system, if you do a tasks you will receive the reward.

This coin is now oriented more towards staking as mining is done with data-centers, that is why if you want to invest it is easier on that side, but obviously it it your choice and you do your own analysis.

Somehow I do not agree with you. I have quite the mining experience and trying to mine with WEBD has not been as easy as they said it would be...

1. Same behavior as reported by a lot of people. The browser window just sits there, showing a circle, but appears to be doing nothing. And no, not on small machines but heavy duty machines. And no, also not just 1, but many have been tested. Even here the estimated just never turn into balance. This has been tested by running those machines for almost a month non-stop. And if you are lucky, from the 10000000 estimated, you will have 2 that actually become balance.

2. Using Hostero it should be simple and easy. Have you tried it ? It is an absolute nightmare. Out of the box installations will not run Hostero, and once you get it to run, its still guessing if its actually doing its work properly.

3. Then your reaction:

This is what WEBD dev himself said: https://youtu.be/AO67T4jip3k?t=40

Your reaction is immature, and it is exactly what the dev team said WEBD was not ment to be...
ildotoress

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 08:40:39 AM

You are funny. With the current hashrate on the chain you can't compete without terminal mining. It's simple math.  You could have done this if you were here an year ago at the main-net launch.

Even BTC was designed to be mined initially with CPUs, but that did not last long when people saw the incentive and started finding our more competitive ways of mining it. It is an open source project and anyone can code a better miner. So that is why the Terminal CPP miner is 10X faster that the browser. You can't stop that, you need to adapt.

This is also one of the reasons that staking was introduced (among many other). Staking (POS) is now the easy mining alternative of WEBD.
Just buy coins and stake (or wait for the bounty program and win through tasks), POW became more complicated because of the competition and evolution in time.

No one has a magic wand to limit the number of miners and amount of servers they dedicate so that you can profitably mine yourself with a simple PC in browser.

Yes there might be some bugs that you come across but as the team is rather small it does take time for them to fix everything and also create new features like cold staking which is coming next.
dnytje_is

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 08:51:12 AM

You are funny. With the current hashrate on the chain you can't compete without terminal mining. It's simple math.  You could have done this if you were here an year ago at the main-net launch.

Even BTC was designed to be mined initially with CPUs, but that did not last long when people saw the incentive and started finding our more competitive ways of mining it. It is an open source project and anyone can code a better miner. So that is why the Terminal CPP miner is 10X faster that the browser. You can't stop that, you need to adapt.

This is also one of the reasons that staking was introduced (among many other). Staking (POS) is now the easy mining alternative of WEBD.
Just buy coins and stake (or wait for the bounty program and win through tasks), POW became more complicated because of the competition and evolution in time.

No one has a magic wand to limit the number of miners and amount of servers they dedicate so that you can profitably mine yourself with a simple PC in browser.

Yes there might be some bugs that you come across but as the team is rather small it does take time for them to fix everything and also create new features like cold staking which is coming next.

Exactly, keep the smartass tone in there. Can you go to there website and look for example "Does it work on Android phones?" ? The answer is yes according to them.

While technically its possible, we all know its not doable anymore.

I am not disagreeing with you, I just think that WEBD is not the coin that it states it to be.... Open a browser, and happy mining.
ildotoress

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:34:33 PM

I have answered in the Telegram channels multiple times that is does not work correctly on mobiles, even if you set it up in desktop mode (and obviously is not recommended as you can easily damage your phone because of the heat). At least not for mining, for sending coins yes, you can do that with high degree of success.
The Androind app was not updated and that is no secret. There is a sort of monitoring app introduced that works OK though.

What would be nice is an updated Android App for staking. (as mining POW from the phone is purely an exercise, it makes no sense taking into account the difficulty on the network) But there are limited dev resources so if there are people from the community who would be interested into helping coding this part they will definitely be rewarded fairly in WEDB.

Anyway, I think the devs should also answer some of your questions in their own words as I am only speaking in my name alone.
dnytje_is

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 03:17:48 PM

I have answered in the Telegram channels multiple times that is does not work correctly on mobiles, even if you set it up in desktop mode (and obviously is not recommended as you can easily damage your phone because of the heat). At least not for mining, for sending coins yes, you can do that with high degree of success.
The Androind app was not updated and that is no secret. There is a sort of monitoring app introduced that works OK though.

What would be nice is an updated Android App for staking. (as mining POW from the phone is purely an exercise, it makes no sense taking into account the difficulty on the network) But there are limited dev resources so if there are people from the community who would be interested into helping coding this part they will definitely be rewarded fairly in WEDB.

Anyway, I think the devs should also answer some of your questions in their own words as I am only speaking in my name alone.

So basically we agree on most points!
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 05:28:44 PM

I see from the previous posts that I'm not the only one who cannot get the PoS to work at all. I've been leaving the browser open for one week mining webdollars as I was on travel and when I've come back not a sincle coin had been mined. And I have a few hundred of thousand coins to stake there - LoL.
Farewell to a lot of expensive electricity.

This coin is a farce, not just because it does not keep its promises and it does not work, but because the team is so arrogantly in denial of that and they are continuing to praise their * amazing * technical skills, without any reality check whatsoever - which means the problems are not getting adressed and they are not getting solved.
So much waisted time. A real pity.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Syne21

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 10:34:18 PM

I see from the previous posts that I'm not the only one who cannot get the PoS to work at all. I've been leaving the browser open for one week mining webdollars as I was on travel and when I've come back not a sincle coin had been mined. And I have a few hundred of thousand coins to stake there - LoL.

This coin is a farce, not just because it does not keep its promises and it does not work, but because the team is so arrogantly in denial of that and they are continuing to praise their * amazing * technical skills, without any reality check whatsoever - which means the problems are not getting adressed and they are not getting solved.

I must express my contrary opinion, also because I do not understand the hatred and the problems we are talking about. I have been doing browser POS for about 2 months and I have never encountered any problems, payments have been arriving regularly for about 2 months every 45 minutes, and I can make about 100k WEBD per month only with the POS. So I think there is some problem in your browsers because mine and those of many others work very well. I don't know what else to say, if you have problems and want to talk about them we can all see together to solve them, without hatred and contempt. We are here to increase not only the number of WebDollar users but those who have adopted the world of blockchain as a future technology. We must be united and solve problems and doubts, there are and it is normal that this is so, it is a young technology and with a constructive discussion, we can make it better.
xXSSonicXx

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 11:02:18 PM

Try terminal mining if browser does not work for you, and don't make so much drama, you didn't keep your pc on just to mine webds... be serious.
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2019, 03:58:07 PM

Probably you're doing something wrong. Tell me please your address to have a look on our explorers in order to see what is happening there.
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2019, 03:59:22 PM

We're working on mobile version. At this moment is not compatible with all browsers.
katomista

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 11:57:22 AM

Probably you're doing something wrong.
katomista

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 12:06:21 PM

WEBD is great idea and I like it! BUT!!!
You have a huge problem and you are not solving it!
All you do is replaying "You are doing something wrong!"

Here is an idea!
Go to some coffee shop or wherever and introduce someone to WEBD just give them https://webdollar.io/ so they can read and start using/mining and enjoying being involved in crypto!

"You can start mining WEBD immediately with the first blockchain running directly in your Browser, on any device"

Visit him next day!
His response -> garbage! promises but nothing! lies!

Now.. you need to understand that this is happening daily with many users all around the world. Smiley
daviscalifornia

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 01:45:23 AM

To me it seems that the team is heavily censoring any criticism in their Telegram channel.
Reading this topic, I realized that I was affected by many of the issues stated here as well.

Until recently, I owned approximately 250$ worth of WebDollar.
I haven't followed the project for some while (I got my WebDollar back in January).

Beginning of May I started to be more active again and asked some questions regarding their WEX in the official Telegram channel.
I also reported a "network time error" with description "network adjusted time didn't work ClusterBest is empty" that I always got when trying to stake coins.
After asking for help regarding this error message, I was banned immediately.

I got in contact with the admin that was responsible for banning me. He told me I was trolling for some time and that's why I was banned.
I apologized in case he perceived my questions as trolling and asked politely for being unbanned, so that I could at least follow my investment. To be clear: I still do not think that I was trolling! (How is asking legitimate questions and reporting problems any form of trolling?!) After waiting for a week and contacting the admin again, I have received no response.

Now I have decided to share my experience and warn other users of that behavior.
katomista

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 05:32:15 AM

To me it seems that the team is heavily censoring any criticism in their Telegram channel.
Reading this topic, I realized that I was affected by many of the issues stated here as well.

I haven't followed the project for some while (I got my WebDollar back in January).

Beginning of May I started to be more active again and asked some questions regarding their WEX in the official Telegram channel.
I also reported a "network time error" with description "network adjusted time didn't work ClusterBest is empty" that I always got when trying to stake coins.

I got in contact with the admin that was responsible for banning me. He told me I was trolling for some time and that's why I was banned.
I apologized in case he perceived my questions as trolling and asked politely for being unbanned, so that I could at least follow my investment. To be clear: I still do not think that I was trolling! (How is asking legitimate questions and reporting problems any form of trolling?!) After waiting for a week and contacting the admin again, I have received no response.

Now I have decided to share my experience and warn other users of that behavior.

Yes and now you will get some nonsense response here also bellow, something like:
- you need to correct your computer time
- you need to buy more webd
- everyone "devs and few other devs" are having no issues, you must do something wrong (this really is funny its like they use dll or something and for them is working because it was developed on their machine and they forgot to add to release the dll)
- people investing millions in webd sir why you cant?
- restart your computer

really really BAD!
George_Alexandru

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:06:47 AM

Yes and now you will get some nonsense response here also bellow, something like:
- everyone "devs and few other devs" are having no issues, you must do something wrong (this really is funny its like they use dll or something and for them is working because it was developed on their machine and they forgot to add to release the dll)
- restart your computer

really really BAD!

If you mine in browser, please ensure your wallet is not encrypted, otherwise it will not mine during PoS rounds. Also, if you haven't mined a single webd, you may have a connection issue. You should've mined something during PoW rounds, I a week time you should get something even with minimum hashes if you mine in a pool.
Syne21

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:53:15 AM

I agree with George Alexandru, for more than 6 months I have not encountered any problems, in mining, it is very simple and very efficient, every 40 minutes I receive the WEBD coming from mining, with a very stable daily average.
katomista

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 11:25:54 AM

- restart your computer

really really BAD!

If you mine in browser, please ensure your wallet is not encrypted, otherwise it will not mine during PoS rounds. Also, if you haven't mined a single webd, you may have a connection issue. You should've mined something during PoW rounds, I a week time you should get something even with minimum hashes if you mine in a pool.

And again... Its my fault right?

If you mine in browser
I do.

please ensure your wallet is not encrypted
It is not and never was!

otherwise it will not mine during PoS rounds.
Not a rookie

Also, if you haven't mined a single webd
No I didn't and not even any of my friends did, HOWEVER!!!! In all our "Potential balances" it was rising to 200, 20, 400, 1000 but never got anything! [ALSO A NOTE!!! TRIED ON OTHER POOLS ALSO!]

you may have a connection issue.
Sure everyone do! This is better coincidence than a lottery (10 people, 15 different machines, 5 pools, 20 days) = 0 webd but potential as I explained above jumping!

What else will you suggest? Terminal Miner "Bitcoin is terminal app *old fashion* webd is awesome" right?
-Your webd does not wok as presented and planned! FIX IT DAMN, AT LEAST CHECK WHATS WRONG!
-Terminal miner is not compiling and is not what you presented as easy to use for everyone. [ FOR THOSE DEVS WHO WILL NOW SAY: "Terminal works compile no problem sir" => works on your machine yes! ]
Marius G

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:05:46 AM

Obviously, you're just throwing bullshit that make no sense.

WebDollar network is stable and is working perfectly. Browser mining is working with absolutely no issues, in both rounds POS and POW.
Terminal mining is compiling and again, works without any issues.

So you're saying that it doesn't work for 10 different people, that's just an confirmation you're lying and trying to make FUD .
It's 100% impossible that 10 different people can't connect to the network.

I do invite everybody to join our official telegram group t.me/WebDollar , and then contact me @mariusg2 , mention you're coming from Bitcointalk, and I will send you 200 WebDollar coins, so you can start staking POS rounds as well. After they are 100% satisfied, everybody who comes back here and leave a review about their experience , will get 2000 more WebDollar to stake.

Just to be sure everybody has understand the steps:

1. Join t.me/WebDollar
2. Contact @mariusg2 and get 200 WebD for free
3. Start mining, if you encounter any kind of problems , contact me (everything will work in 99.9% of time)
4. Come back on this topic and leave a review
5. Contact me again, mentioning your bitcointalk username
6. You'll get another 2000 WebD

Happy mining !
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: