Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR-stak-JK 2.10.7 Compiled with no devfee (Updated: 2019-8-18)  (Read 28563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:45:12 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 06:18:18 PM by Truthchanter

Im getting errors about missing DLLs:

VCRUNTIME140D.dll
ucrtbased.dll
MSVCP140D.dll

I have basically all MS VC++ redistributables installed (from 2005 thru 2017). But since there is a D in the end of the file, i have the suspicion that these are debug-dlls. Any idea?

Yeah this is the same errors I got

Good luck JK!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:27:02 PM

Im getting errors about missing DLLs:

VCRUNTIME140D.dll
ucrtbased.dll
MSVCP140D.dll

I have basically all MS VC++ redistributables installed (from 2005 thru 2017). But since there is a D in the end of the file, i have the suspicion that these are debug-dlls. Any idea?

Yeah this is the same errors I got

Good luck JK!

Yep, ill keep you guys posted.

Turns out the binary was only partially built;   if it ever tried to do anything with cuda/openCL, it would crash due to not being fully built.   My mistake..... but it did mine just fine on my lenovo laptop with integrated graphics.

So, for now, ill only have the 2.4.2 release available.  Gotta get the libraries working again.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
gustavoghpf

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:33:59 AM

Version 2.4.4 is out, could you try to compile this?
balrogbr

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:23:39 PM

Hello, the stellite will make a hardfork, could you add the support to it? would be sensational and so I would not have to leave that miner I think is very good!

https://github.com/stellitecoin/xtl-stak
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 04:09:01 AM

Version 2.4.4 is out, could you try to compile this?

Compiled.

Notes and link on first post.  For version changes, see xmr-stak github page.

Hello, the stellite will make a hardfork, could you add the support to it? would be sensational and so I would not have to leave that miner I think is very good!

I am downloading the source now before I head home.

Assuming it compiles the same as XMR stak; and the source is configured similarly, I should be able to easily change the devfee level and update the appropriate parts of the source and upload a binary later tonight;  assuming I have time to try and compile once I get home.

Looks like I should be able to do that for you, and Ill post a note here with a link to the thread for XTL-stak when I get it compiled and uploaded.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:57:51 AM

source downloaded and compiled.

They give a .zip that says 2.4.4; but the code says its still 2.4.3;  I updated it and hopefully it was a typo they forgot to update.

Give it a shot: Visit the XTL-stak thread here.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

dudezt

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:02:56 PM

I'm getting only rejected results on my laptop (i5 6300HQ + GTX 960M 4gb)

What's happening?
lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:00:44 PM

What's happening?

You have selected the wrong algo, for sure.
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 07:32:57 PM

What's happening?

Yep.   Tested CN7 here at home... no issues. 

Check your configuration

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

dudezt

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:30:58 PM

What's happening?

So it means the miner is using CN for electroneum instead of CN7? How do I change this?
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 10:01:47 PM

Did you choose electroneum when doing the initial config on first run?

If you are upgrading, delete config.txt, pools.txt, etc.  start fresh.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:00:04 AM

@JaredKaragen or anyone.
Looking at the OP it really doesn't show how to put call cpu conf ...call coin conf... call gpu conf... call emr-stak call pool  so I can make a bat file for each algo without disturbing the other coins settings. Very confusing. It could have been made like ccminer so easy to use. Anyone have a nvidia bat file that does muti coins from one folder that the miner is in?
Any help plz.  thx  Smiley  
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 03:10:31 AM

@JaredKaragen or anyone.
Looking at the OP it really doesn't show how to put call cpu conf ...call coin conf... call gpu conf... call emr-stak call pool  so I can make a bat file for each algo without disturbing the other coins settings. Very confusing. It could have been made like ccminer so easy to use. Anyone have a nvidia bat file that does muti coins from one folder that the miner is in?

Well, I think theres a way to specify a different file for each set of settings,

But, if I understand you correctly, you are looking to be able to call xmr-stak similarly to the way ccminer is called?
XMR-stak is a bunch different than most other miner apps in the way its configured......   I would need to figure out a LOT of this guys code locations and structures to rewrite how it works... and I am probably not gonna have that kind of time anytime soon to be frank.

The main premise that makes XMR-stak nicer than the way you launch ccminer; is:
Once you get the host machine set up, you do your first run of xmr-stak, let it take in configs/settings and bench the devices, and you simply need to only call xmr-stak.exe to launch from then on.  It creates its config .txt files to suit your pools config and devices.

If you want multiple instances for multiple devices;  you need multiple folders per device with a copy of the executables in each...   Bench and first run each as normal;  but comment out the devices in each folder's instance/config .txt to only use the devices you wish to use per-instance....

If I am totally wrong above about what you are trying to achieve, LMK... Ill do my best to help.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

dudezt

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:27:32 AM

Did you choose electroneum when doing the initial config on first run?

If you are upgrading, delete config.txt, pools.txt, etc.  start fresh.

Yes, I did. I extracted your compilation in a new file.

Going to try again but it's weird.
dudezt

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:31:53 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 02:00:00 PM by dudezt

yeah, it's not working

hmmm...

EDIT: Just tested the original XMR-stak with devfee and it has the same problem btw
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:42:11 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 08:03:46 PM by tbearhere

@JaredKaragen or anyone.

Well, I think theres a way to specify a different file for each set of settings,

But, if I understand you correctly, you are looking to be able to call xmr-stak similarly to the way ccminer is called?
XMR-stak is a bunch different than most other miner apps in the way its configured......   I would need to figure out a LOT of this guys code locations and structures to rewrite how it works... and I am probably not gonna have that kind of time anytime soon to be frank.

The main premise that makes XMR-stak nicer than the way you launch ccminer; is:
Once you get the host machine set up, you do your first run of xmr-stak, let it take in configs/settings and bench the devices, and you simply need to only call xmr-stak.exe to launch from then on.  It creates its config .txt files to suit your pools config and devices.

If you want multiple instances for multiple devices;  you need multiple folders per device with a copy of the executables in each...   Bench and first run each as normal;  but comment out the devices in each folder's instance/config .txt to only use the devices you wish to use per-instance....

If I am totally wrong above about what you are trying to achieve, LMK... Ill do my best to help.

Thanks JaredKaragen

What I'm trying to do is have one xmr-stak folder and call from a bat. file the coin I want to mine.
But it generates the txt files for only one coin. So if I'm mining bittube ...then ok. But now I want to mine monero from that xmr-stak folder. It will overwrite the .txt folders for bittube I think.
But there is a call from a batch file like this below and I'm not sure if I can call the different algo's from a command line.

Code:
xmr-stak -c bittube 

Now if I have a second bat. file like this below what would happen?

Code:
xmr-stak -c monero 

This is all I'm trying to do....but these files a regenerated or overwritten I think by xmr-stak.

Code:
Usage: xmr-stak [OPTION]...

-c, --config FILE     common miner configuration file
  -h, --help            show this help
  --noCPU               disable the CPU miner backend
  --cpu FILE            CPU backend miner config file
  --noAMD               disable the AMD miner backend
  --amd FILE            AMD backend miner config file

The Following options temporary overwrites the config file settings:
  -o, --url URL         pool url and port, e.g. pool.usxmrpool.com:3333
  -u, --user USERNAME   pool user name or wallet address
  -p, --pass PASSWD     pool password, in the most cases x or empty ""

Accounting to this I should be able to do this below except for the algo.

Code:
xmr-stak  -c bittube  --cpu  bittubecpuconf.  -o pool.usxmrpool.com:3333  -u addy  -p x

And name the batfile bittube and then make a shortcut to it to put in my mining coins folder.

Here is someone trying to help out too.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2856278.msg39558852#msg39558852

An example of bittube.
Code:
Usage: bittube-miner [OPTION]...

-h, --help                 show this help
  -v, --version              show version number
  -V, --version-long         show long version number
  -c, --config FILE          common miner configuration file
  -C, --poolconf FILE        pool configuration file
  --noUAC                    disable the UAC dialog
  --benchmark BLOCKVERSION   ONLY do a 60-second benchmark and exit
  --noCPU                    disable the CPU miner backend
  --cpu FILE                 CPU backend miner config file
  --noAMD                    disable the AMD miner backend
  --noAMDCache               disable the AMD(OpenCL) cache for precompiled binaries
  --openCLVendor VENDOR      use OpenCL driver of VENDOR and devices [AMD,NVIDIA]
                             default: AMD
  --amd FILE                 AMD backend miner config file
  --noNVIDIA                 disable the NVIDIA miner backend
  --nvidia FILE              NVIDIA backend miner config file
  -i --httpd HTTP_PORT       HTTP interface port

The following options can be used for automatic start without a guided config,
If config exists then this pool will be top priority.
  -o, --url URL              pool url and port, e.g. pool.usxmrpool.com:3333
  -O, --tls-url URL          TLS pool url and port, e.g. pool.usxmrpool.com:10443
  -u, --user USERNAME        pool user name or wallet address
  -r, --rigid RIGID          rig identifier for pool-side statistics (needs pool support)
  -p, --pass PASSWD          pool password, in the most cases x or empty ""
  --use-nicehash             the pool should run in nicehash mode
  --currency NAME            currency to mine

Environment variables:

XMRSTAK_NOWAIT             disable the dialog `Press any key to exit.
                                    for non UAC execution

Supported coin opitons:
        - bittube

Version: bittube-miner 1.1.7 be84883
Brought to by fireice_uk and psychocrypt under GPLv3.
Press any key to exit.
EDIT: Just tried the calls to the conf files that were renamed and no good. I'm just going to put each coin algo in its own separate folder.  Thx

I did this and it works now.  Smiley
Code:
start xmr-stak --config configbittube.txt --poolconf poolmining.bit.tube.txt --cpu cpubittube.txt --nvidia nvidiabittube.txt 
exit 0
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:34:59 AM

EDIT: Just tried the calls to the conf files that were renamed and no good. I'm just going to put each coin algo in its own separate folder.  Thx

I did this and it works now.  Smiley
Code:
start xmr-stak --config configbittube.txt --poolconf poolmining.bit.tube.txt --cpu cpubittube.txt --nvidia nvidiabittube.txt 
exit 0

Ahh yeah, I see how it works.

I would have generated all of the different configs for each algo (a pools.txt and config.txt), and named them similarly;  but I would have had my batch just rename them to the proper default filenames and rename them back when the program exits.... probably just copying the file, and each time the loop resets it deletes the default file before loading the proper algo is the smartest "failsafe" way to do it.

Glad you got it sorted though.

yeah, it's not working

hmmm...

EDIT: Just tested the original XMR-stak with devfee and it has the same problem btw

How exactly is it not working?  (Details bazzle..... details please)

What algo/coin, what pool?

Id say if the hard fault exists;  then its out of my control for debugging the problem as its gonna be a problem with the apps code itself.....

since its a universal fault for you between builds; it could be just related to your config or PC....

I have been getting no issues with different algos so far, as you can see, tbearhere has been able to get multiple algos to work fine, so I'd like to at least check myself what you are trying to see if there is some sort of issue i can remedy.

Remember, if need be, always try deleting the .txt files and re-launching the app fresh.  input the configs and different things it wants you to input... see if it still has an issue.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:17:00 AM

First of all thanks to @JaredKaragen  for the no devfee builds: great stuff and so far you are correct when you said they seem to provide a much more stable hash-rate at the pool, I guess because we don't get the devfee switching messing with difficulty, etc.

I am mining Loki with cryptonight-heavy, mostly using 1070s and also 2 1080s while running OhGodAnETHlargementPill so the GDDR5x memory latency doesn't make them hash like a 1060.

I just wanted to share some stuff I have done that may help anyone else in my situation. I posted something elsewhere to see if anyone can tell me how to get past the 2 Gig memory limit we are supposed to be able to do with pascal cards, and if that will even make any difference to hash rates... but that's another story.

One of my rigs has 2 x 1070s and 1 x 1080. The 1070s are set to threads 96, blocks 15 and the 1080 is set to whatever XMR-stack defaulted it to. With OhGodAnETHlargementPill running, all three cards do about 700h/s which is great.

My other rig has 4 x 1070s and 1 x 1080. I set the threads/blocks on the 1070s to the same as above, but I noticed that for some reason - when mining all five GPUs, it would run with the 1080 at around 500h/s, 2 of the 1070s at maybe 560h/s and the other two at the 700h/s I saw on the smaller rig.

I put the virtual memory way up to 54 gig or something, made no difference. I set alternating 1070s at xmr-stak default threads and blocks with the other two at T 96 B 15 and it made it worse.

Eventually I solved this issue by running separate instances of XMR-stak. 1st one running the 1080 and the 1st 2 1070s plus cpu core 0, second one running the remaining two 1070s and cpu core 2. With this setup, now finally all five cards are at 650-700h/s. It took quite a bit of messing with the configs of the second instance to get it to even run, and I have to set it to verbosity 4 and 30secs because pressing h doesn't respond and give me hash-rate.

If anyone else is running a 4 or more GPU rig (especially if you use 1070s/1080s) and you aren't getting full hash rate on all GPUs I suggest trying what I did - it works great.
Like I said, getting the second instance of xmr-stak running on the same machine means changing quite a few things in the configuration.txt so if anyone is interested I will try to remember what I did.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 08:39:47 PM

Thanks for the good word!

Yeah, I have always believed there's some sort of "sweet spot" when it comes to hashrates...   Too much and it feels negatively impacted (example is a NH rental) and too little you don't feel any love because you get not enough cshares many times to keep your server side calculated hashrate normalized (via shares).....

When on pools, having ~10% of poolhash, seems about right... for some reason.  You feel the luck benefits the most.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:39:40 PM

Eventually I solved this issue by running separate instances of XMR-stak. 1st one running the 1080 and the 1st 2 1070s plus cpu core 0, second one running the remaining two 1070s and cpu core 2. With this setup, now finally all five cards are at 650-700h/s. It took quite a bit of messing with the configs of the second instance to get it to even run, and I have to set it to verbosity 4 and 30secs because pressing h doesn't respond and give me hash-rate.

If anyone else is running a 4 or more GPU rig (especially if you use 1070s/1080s) and you aren't getting full hash rate on all GPUs I suggest trying what I did - it works great.
Like I said, getting the second instance of xmr-stak running on the same machine means changing quite a few things in the configuration.txt so if anyone is interested I will try to remember what I did.

Great tip, it should be on a top 10 list. I 'accidentally' found this too with my rig with mis-matched cards, that running different instances of the miner for each card(s) helps a lot.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: