Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best thing to do to avoid being scammed?  (Read 463 times)
marksayson (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

I hate to say this, but for my 1 year in this crypto world, ive been hacked, I dont know how he get my credentials, but i think its my mistake cause i forgot to enabled the 2fa, I guess i just learned from my mistakes. But I really dont know how he get my credentials, my password was too complicated and long. Can anyone advice me whats best to avoid those scammers ?

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jason.romano

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:48:56 PM

if you want to avoid being scammed, you can do only one thing and that would be enough my friend. study as much as you can. the more you research about cryptocurrency, more you have the chances of becoming successful.
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:09:07 PM

I hate to say this, but for my 1 year in this crypto world, ive been hacked, I dont know how he get my credentials, but i think its my mistake cause i forgot to enabled the 2fa, I guess i just learned from my mistakes. But I really dont know how he get my credentials, my password was too complicated and long. Can anyone advice me whats best to avoid those scammers ?
You probably was a victim of phishing site,or else some malwares or virus that affects your computer that is why he got your private keys that might be the reason why did he steal your investments,do not forget to use metamask extension to prevent these phishing attacks,never use your main email addresses when you are join something.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:17:51 PM

Main rule not to get scammed,do a lot of research to protect yourself from these attacks,buy hardwallet and do not let anyone to get inyo your computer because you might have some backup of your keys in your computer and if someone has get into your unit got those keys you wont have chance to recover those investments in your wallet.

billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:24:15 PM

It's best to keep a coin in a wallet, preferably an offline (cold) wallet, and if on the  exchange, then accept all the possible security measures that it offers.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
idex100

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:27:29 PM

I take it to mean you are asking the best way to avoid being hacked rather than being scammed.For scammers, an in-depth research will often reveal some red flags and tell you not to invest.Also, avoid HYIPs or cloud mining services that have not shown enough evidence of actually running rigs or have not proven their integrity.For wallets, a 2FA is a good start and never reveal your private keys for any reasons.If you use myetherwallet, it is good practice to bookmark it to avoid surfing on phishing websites-there are a lot out there.Just be careful.Best of luck.
brusnika

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:28:31 PM

hackers don't sleep. Without overprotection, you can lose all your crypto assets at any time. It doesn't matter - phishing site is or you store passwords on your computer desktop, this is just couple examples. I write all the passwords on a sheet and keep in the safe, i try not to store in electronic form. Buy Trezor or Ledger and sleep well)

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __   
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale  Sep up to 25% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
matsusomoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:37:30 PM

We shouldnt take any chances,do get some hardwallets from the official website of ledger or in trezor,so that you will be safe from the units that are being sold by someone who has inject some program to the hardwallet,because these thieves are repacking these hardwallets and you will be surprised when all of your coins from hardwallet is gone forever.

Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:46:02 PM

Best thing is to get out of crypto and never think about it again.

Crypto is about taking a high risk to make a lot of profit. If u gotta ask what to avoid it's going to be tough.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:46:56 PM

Use your common sense,do not be fooled by the promises because you can earn a lot in cryptocurrencies if you know what you are doing,trading is the most profitable way to get a lot of bitcoins.Never use your intuition with your investments,most importantly do learn some basic technical analysis so you can win your trades accurately.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 09:55:15 PM

I advise you to follow the standard safety rules on the Internet.
1. Use complex passwords that contain a set of random characters, uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
2. Do not use the same password for different sites.
3. Do not click on unknown links and download programs only from official websites.
4. Install an antivirus.
5. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the password.
6. In order not to become a victim of phishing sites, save the sites in the favorites of your browser and check that the Protocol was https.
These measures will be enough not to become a victim of scam.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:56:08 PM

It is necessary to spend more time and money on information security. Initially, you must install licensed software on your computer. Install a good antivirus program. Use two-factor authorization. Do not store passwords on the computer. Use saved links in the browser. Use "cold" wallets to store crypto currency.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:15:30 PM

Actually, you must learn how to protect yourself ( the security ) due to  the scammers are spread in the field of cryptocurrency,  and you should keep away from some sites , do not click on suspicious or bad  links because that makes it easier to hack your accounts. Moreover, it is unfortunate that  you are a  victim of  the hackers but now you must be careful. Secure yourself . If you do not know how to do this , then just take  a help from professionals who have an acceptable  experience in the field of security. and the previous problem maybe  have  negatively affected you, just  accept it and start again.
Good luck.

mangkanor

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:20:29 PM

Use metamask extension to avoid these phishing attacks,do not use your main email addresses when you are participating into anything here just to be safe from spam links,use hardware wallets and you will be fine,do not use your intuition when you are investing to ICOs use facts as always research all the time before investing.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:22:35 PM

Best thing is to get out of crypto and never think about it again.

Crypto is about taking a high risk to make a lot of profit. If u gotta ask what to avoid it's going to be tough.

Of course it can be avoided by just educating yourself, yes this market is risky but it get more risky because of scam so I think by being educated you can prevent it. Cryptocurrency is a good opportunity for everyone to make money even those greedy people so be careful and protect always protect yourself.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:36:07 PM
Merited by vlad230 (1)

This is an interesting and very complicated problem because there are hundreds of ways you can be scammed by hackers and you got be extremely careful in order to avoid that. First of all I think the email is one of the most important thing you have to secure because through your email a hacker can break into almost any account just by resetting the password through an email link.

The next important step is also related to e-mail and that is: do not click any suspicious link doesnt matter how tempting it could be. I think I have received dozens of emails from fake Paypal addresses saying that I have to check my account. And not only from Paypal, there are hackers doing this kind of things with every big company because it is an easy way and many people fall in trap. Always check if that email comes from the original company email. By clicking one single link a hacker vouls take control of your whole computer without you knowing that.

The third tip that I can give you is to not use the same password for all websites and accounts.This is the biggest and stupidest mistake someone can make. There are websites with very very low security and a hacker could find your password in just a few second. By knowing your password from there he also knows you email and thats it, you're fuc*ed up. Also dont use your primary email to register for websites that are not secured and important, websites like faucets or airdrops.

At the end we have to remember one thing, if a good hackers wants to break into an account he will do it doesnt matter how many levels of security you added to it. If hackers could break NASA and FBI or governmental servers I doubt they cant break into you email or bitcoin wallet.
h31s3nb3rg

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:38:18 PM

The best thing you can do is to check if you have a secured computer . Avoid any untrusted site because some of them may contain a malware that can gain access to your computer . Make sure that you always entered a correct url and not be fooled by phishing sites and make a hard copy of your passwords , avoid saving and just pasting it on your computer.
caloy06

Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:46:07 PM

I think, the best thing to do to avoid being scammer is be careful and think always if what is this opportunity that you can earn lot of money if you invest your money and always be check background about the history of your group that you join to earn lot of money.
GlennChristopher

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:47:31 PM

First of all you have to research on the crypto currency and how it works  and then check the all altcoin's  sites which have you interest and read the whitepaper, community & product.
cryptomarijuana

Activity: 182

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:50:06 PM

Protect your wallets at all the time,get some hardwallet,use metamas extension install some good anti virus and malwarebytes to be sure that your computer wont be affected,Never trust anyone your private keys because it might be the reason why you would lose all of your investments,never try to participate shit projects in our community.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: