Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:48:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best thing to do to avoid being scammed?  (Read 466 times)
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:54:28 PM

2FA is an important security to every file or app you have. For you not to have locked your account perhaps on exchange, means your email is also not locked. Do you know that sometimes, emails can also be easily hacked to get people's credentials. Ensure you also lock your email with 2FA factor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:56:41 PM

I hate to say this, but for my 1 year in this crypto world, ive been hacked, I dont know how he get my credentials, but i think its my mistake cause i forgot to enabled the 2fa, I guess i just learned from my mistakes. But I really dont know how he get my credentials, my password was too complicated and long. Can anyone advice me whats best to avoid those scammers ?
You shouldnt get scammed because you are here long enough to know how these shit scammers do,never give your private keys to anyone,buy some good hardwallet like trezor or ledger just to be safe from any attacks.Use your common sense when you are investing to an ICO or a COIN do a lot of research so you can avoid these potential scams.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:57:09 PM

Try checking the device you are using is there any suspicious programs or maybe you arbitrarily open the web by clicking the link in email or anywhere other than in this forum?

So far I always bookmark the web that I often visit including also in this forum.

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Lock00Live

Activity: 238

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:10:38 PM

I think you should join community groups to ask for opinions from many people, so you will know what is the truth, where is the fraud. I think there are many ways to discover them, you join Crypto for a long time you will learn a lot more.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:28:47 PM

I hate to say this, but for my 1 year in this crypto world, ive been hacked, I dont know how he get my credentials, but i think its my mistake cause i forgot to enabled the 2fa, I guess i just learned from my mistakes. But I really dont know how he get my credentials, my password was too complicated and long. Can anyone advice me whats best to avoid those scammers ?

That is very unfortunate for you. There are various ways you can get hacked like your unit has been compromised with keyloggers or malwares, you signed on a phishing site or mail. 2FA is a good defense in protecting your account, so you should always have one when it is available. Always protect you computer from malwares and viruses. Always check the site you are logging in.
cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:36:21 PM

Install some good antivirus in your computer add some anti malware so that your unit will be safe from these software attacks,phishing sites will be prevented thru install metamask extension it blocks malicious website and you will get prompted when you are visiting one.Do use your common sense and do not be fooled because these scammers arent going to stop to what they are doing to most of the new people.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:41:22 PM

You are responsible for this situation, when a site provides you the second factor protection, why would you turn that down, never use the same password in different sites, no matter how hard it would be, using same password is just inviting danger, hope your system is not compromised if you think you have a fairly good password, these are the common mistakes everyone makes.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:48:10 PM

Avoid open those site who send to you in your email or what, many scammers send many site to our email and don't open it if you really don't know that person, that's what i do to avoid those hackers. So they can not get the information .
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:52:29 PM

The best way to do is to take a lot of reading. Do not just easily attracted to a project, make a good read of its review and the details of the project. You have to check the development team, tgey are the key to success, be sure that thise people really do exist. A legit project has a good and big number of community. Its community will determine how demanding the project is.
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:54:02 PM

I think you should join community groups to ask for opinions from many people, so you will know what is the truth, where is the fraud. I think there are many ways to discover them, you join Crypto for a long time you will learn a lot more.

This forum is perfect place to inquire on what is the status of the project, ICO or whatever it is we want to join since there are so many exoerience guy who's willing to give their critical mindset on what to avoid and what you need to know about the site you wish to ask. But to avoid it really is we need to know for ourselves on which on will be the one who's gonna put us on loss situation.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:58:21 PM

I'm sorry mate, this is really bad... I've found rarely such bad people. I don't understand how could you steal from someone so easily. How would you feel after what you did? We must be aware of phishing attempts. Always bookmark you favourite sites.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:45:38 AM

As a higher tier member it is easy to request that a merchant or seller of whatever item goes first. It is a really easy way to avoid being scammed to request somebody to go first. As a newer member this is not very likely.

Escrow transactions are the best way, but it is quite hard to facilitate escrow transactions. Finding a reliable escrow is tough. The fees required to get an escrow are tough.

This is why I suggest when you want to buy something you use Bitify, a crypto marketplace. I've bought from there a few times, and while the sellers there have always agreed to refund the money if something bad happens, I imagine their escrow team would be fair.
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:55:48 AM

Best thing is to get out of crypto and never think about it again.

Crypto is about taking a high risk to make a lot of profit. If u gotta ask what to avoid it's going to be tough.
Relax do not rush to take the decision of leaving the crypto world. there are many other ways that can be improved, take the event as a learning and examine in doing the action so that the events you are experiencing do not happen again. many successful people in the crypto world.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:05:27 AM

Yes, we are in this crypto, of course, with various risks that we must face, so prepare yourself for all the possibilities that will happen, the key is to learn more about crypto so we really understand it.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:46:26 AM

i wonder how they manage to steal your password and credential.
did you accessed the phishing site ? what wallet did you using ? it is best to have a hardwallet, it is more secure but you have to buy it.

bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:50:54 AM

Avoid giving your data, especially keep your private keys securely, sometimes we tend to put the private key instead of our address.
Also giving data like name, email address and also IDs are also risk, as this can be used by scammer to forgot and recover your passwords.

quarkchain.io
fadlyzuld

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:54:26 AM

You can mix 2FA with password strength with have  numbers; special characters; uppercased and downcased letters. And when login need the code send you mobile
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:57:35 AM

There are some ground rules to not get scammed, don't click link that you don't recognize, always pay attention to the site address and it's a good idea to bookmark the site, and from my experience, used a different password for different site and always enable multiple layer of security, you need to be careful because the hackers are getting smarter

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:00:28 AM

There are some ground rules to not get scammed, don't click link that you don't recognize, always pay attention to the site address and it's a good idea to bookmark the site, and from my experience, used a different password for different site and always enable multiple layer of security, you need to be careful because the hackers are getting smarter
For me, the best way to do to avoid those scammers is to research. In example. Scammers are always happening in the middle of negotiations right ? So before the negotiations you must research on your buyer/seller. Make survey if that thing/people/company is legit because doing research have a big advantage in yhe negotiations
btcrut2017

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:06:11 AM

Hopefully i will not be a victim of scams. I know a friend who was so disappointed because his wallet was hacked and all his earnings are taken away. I guess everything in an internet is hackable this is the disadvantages. We have to be careful. Maybe you can create a multiple wallet and take care of your passwords.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: