Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do ICO's make Airdrops?  (Read 415 times)
camiel323 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:22:07 AM

I signed up for an ICO the other day and saw that they were giving away quite a lot of tokens for just signing up with Twitter and Telegram. How do they benefit from this? Do they just want more followers or do they want to get rid of tokens? Or is it maybe just a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Btcalimie

Activity: 209

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:27:04 AM

I signed up for an ICO the other day and saw that they were giving away quite a lot of tokens for just signing up with Twitter and Telegram. How do they benefit from this? Do they just want more followers or do they want to get rid of tokens? Or is it maybe just a scam?

No, I think that the more you spread news or have more contacts is beneficial for ICO in order to drag in investor.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:31:45 AM

They need to get the momentum going on. They need to build a first stage of followers. An airdrop is an easy and sure way to get a community quick. After that it is more easy to get the ball rolling. So a small 'empty' investment, empty since no money is actually being paid....a sort of pay after performance if you will. Later it will be easier to reach out to that same community to start a bounty campaign, or to spread the word about the ICO. Once hype is built, they attract bigger investors for their presale, and influencers for the real work of plugging the ICO (they get on board for the tokens too).

So yes.....airdrops are quite essential to get a good head start...
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:35:39 AM

Airdrops is needed to solve two key problems faced by new crypto-currency projects:
1. ICOs need effective advertising to promote the idea to the masses.
2. In most cases, for the successful operation of the new blockchain platform, users  who will keep its crypto currency, forming network nodes, are needed.
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:08:13 AM

Its the cheapest way of advertising and rising rapidly the number of your subscribers on social platforms. Also ref links leads to extra advertisement
bananapeelfeed

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:10:37 AM

Even legitimate, real projects need marketing to set themselves apart. Shocking, I know.

AIRDROPS THAT MAYBE DON'T SUCK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoNKjUxXkp-g0Etn5XZdD8lD3FiUngY8GfDNNoAWGPc

Like this one.

https://gonetwork.co/airdrop

Winners of ETHWaterloo - the world's largest Ethereum hackathon. I bet you didn't know about that.

Check out the Google spreadsheet for an active, ongoing list of other airdrops that maybe don't suck. I update it daily. Smiley
semar nyengir

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:15:01 AM

to make more users and the growing popularity of altcoin they launch so they held an airdrop to do just that.
Adamant06

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:21:24 AM

Airdrops is needed to solve two key problems faced by new crypto-currency projects:
1. ICOs need effective advertising to promote the idea to the masses.
2. In most cases, for the successful operation of the new blockchain platform, users  who will keep its crypto currency, forming network nodes, are needed.
I agree to that key problem, Airdrop usually a kind of marketing strategy. ICO's not have actually an airdrops, they have offerings. It's a very important but often confused distinction. Hype and buzz are valuable commodities in the cryptocurrency world. Many people are actively looking for the next big thing. The promise of free tokens is a useful incentive that has the potential of attracting a lot of people to the project.
mariaozawa

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:23:15 AM

it is possible to introduce their altcoin in most societies so that many are interested in following the ico in an investment, and this I often meet.
dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:31:48 AM

That the token will become more popular thats the only thing why doing airdrops
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:32:56 AM

This helps them to increase the siza of community, what in turn has an influence on investor's decision.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:35:18 AM

It's the best form of marketing. ICO's need to gain momentum and spread the word about the sale/coin and airdrops with referrals attached is the best way to do this. I've seen telegram accounts go from nothing to 30000, 40000, 50000 members on airdrop campaigns alone. This then encourages investors to invest in a popular coin and can get you on the ico map. can also help with being reviewed which also grows the ico.
There is also the theory that people with a bit of coin airdropped are more likely to buy more in the future to add the the balance...or use some leftover exchange $ (remainders) to buy a coin they already have in a wallet.
Also doesn't really hurt the ico as they are giving away tokens which don't yet exist. They don't lose any money by adding a percentage of tokens to bounty / marketing.
melatiy28

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:36:40 AM

Often an ico makes an airdrop program because they do it so that the invetors are interested in following an ico besides it's very easy to do an airdrop.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:42:49 AM

Airdrop is one of the bounty programs or bounty campaigns which an ICO made during their creation period. I think ICO's make an airdrop to advertise their products to the investors and bounty hunters to gain more participants and members in their community in telegram channels. to have many followers in their social media sites and to have more investors that can contribute to their success.
pitgar

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:51:07 AM

Everything is very simple. Any project at their early launch stage needs support and building up  its community, which will be loyal to it. Therefore, to give as a gift a few tokens to each member of the crypto community - this is the ideal way to attract attention and gather loyal supporters to your side. Looking back you will see that NEM blockchain (XEM) used to give free airdrop to people and now look at its success.
revCrypto

Activity: 22
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:52:16 AM

I have seen icos that gave too much airdrops to the point of having so many dumpers when their token is unlocked and being traded on DEX's. The result, the price go below ico. You have to really think about this, when you join an ICO and want to buy/contribute, you must check if they give airdrops. After that you must evaluate or ask around or DYOR if their airdrop is too good to be true and just so many.
supremo666

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:53:07 AM

Because the more airdrops , the more their projects will be advertised and investments will come ... I think !!
HighlanderMonk

Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:56:20 AM

There some certain purposes for airdrops. This is a commercial for ICO. Also, all the coins released by a startup belong not to 10 people, but to many. It always better for the coin to have many holders.
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:59:59 AM

Because they need more followers, if more followers accept the token.
So there's going to be a nice increase for this token.

plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:00:48 PM

Of course, they want many people on their telegram channel and followers to their twitter profile the more followers they've gained the more credibility they can generate in the eyes of the investors, this is, in fact, a good marketing strategy and always pays off.
Jumli

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:01:59 PM

it seems that it is a very good promotional method to do other than that to do that too is not that difficult and it gives big advantage to the successful ico in their altcoin sales transaction problem.
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:18:01 PM

During the airdrop process, you promote the campaign, join the community and involve the project. It is a cheap way for ICO owners to promote their projects, since almost 1000 people join their telegram groups, share the ICO on social media etc., the only thing they lose is small amount of tokens they distribute.
Zeraphine

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:46:03 AM

Companies hold airdrop campaigns in order to have a larger audience of potential investors, to spread their concept around big groups of people. It is some kind of an advertising campaign.
Alex077
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 10:39:20 AM

That's most effective and the easiest way for new projects to advertise their tokens and to attract a lot of new users. Thousands of new projects used that is proven and well-tested system. You get them for free, and when you start using coins - you become part of the system.
hardbakker

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:02:21 AM

That's just a way of quick promotion of the forum's threads, socials and telegram.
If an experienced investor sees that there was an airdrop he understands that there is ~ 20-30% of real (interested) followers in the project. Others follow because of airdrop's task.
casternetwork

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:04:39 AM

They have to create Airdop to distribute free coins, I know that is very little but they do so their community is crowded and more well known. Then there will be more people investing in their ICO. But that is why ICO buyers are losing money because many people get free coins at low prices

Am I spamming? Report me!
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:58:21 AM

In some cases ICOs can cancel their main public token sale and hold an airdrop instead just for legal reasons, or if they want to distribute their tokens evenly between the whole community. For instance, Ontology did an airdrop where all whitelisted members who passed KYC got a pretty large amount of tokens which could be sold for 11 ETH at the highest point.
sadwage

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:09:36 PM

I think because they need a supporter for their ico so they need more people to join their telegram and like facebook pagw follow their tweeter ang give extra token for every referral.
fatenmo

Merit: 108

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:16:24 PM

Airdrop campaigns are a form of advertising and so are important to an ICO.
Since there are prerequisites to receive the airdrop, such as joining a telegram group or twitter etc, it helps the ICO build a community and create hype. Seeing the a lot of people are signed up to a telegram or twitter etc attracts new participants and so the community grows. This also attracts investors
crampus

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:32:40 PM

ICO campaign thinks that users will quickly sell, thereby increasing the number of tokens, and less will have to burn them
xGeraValerax

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:45:08 PM

Large investment funds with sufficient capital can enter the ICO. This means that investors of such funds, although they will not become immediate owners of the project's tokens, will be able to profit from its development.
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:48:43 PM

It's a way of advertising and increasing also the volume remember that CMC now requires $100k volume to be listed so airdrops is a big help

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:56:12 PM

they do airdrops because they want to gather more investors their ICO they just advertising, if you join their airdrop there are simple task to do before you receive tokens like following their twitter, joining their telegram, signing up into their website and etc. to advertise their ICO, maybe the airdrops are the cheapest advertising.

madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:58:37 PM

Most of them are not scam. It's just a way to reach out to the community so that they can advertise their project.
beetlejam

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:36:22 PM

It's a marketing tactic.

It gathers a bunch of people who could be interested into a funnel. I.E. sign up to telegram or join the website. They can create good traffic / community building this way.

Also spreads the token out over many users, which is an advantage, or can be used to target people who might be interested in their token as they have other similar tokens.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:40:24 PM

They need more member and more trading after ICO! But i think they need more people join with them to get an ICO successfull!  Grin Grin Grin
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:44:18 PM

It is just a way for them to promote their ICOs, because think about it they tell you to sign up with twitter, the more twitter followers they have the more likely they will become trending which means more and more people will see them, or you sign up and you tell your friend to sign up and he tells hes friend winch keeps the circle going, so instead of paying thousands of dollars to put ads on social networks they let the people promote their ICOs by signing up and pay them with it.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:02:50 PM

Why do ICO's make Airdrops?

That's the strategy to promote their project and make their ICO successfuly and they want to increase the value of their token because almost all people can saw their project through their social media.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:03:44 PM

ICOs make airdrops for the sake of drawing people's attention. That is their marketing strategy. When people hear airdrop, they think most of free money without knowing that its equivalent value is too little. They are just being used to increase the ICOs popularity.

Before, I like joining airdrops. But upon receiving, never did I earn a big amount of money out of it. That's when I realized,  I'm a fool.

cryptochr

Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:27:37 PM

Its for advertising Smiley and a good opportunity for us to gain a few extra tokens.
There are airdrops that are scams so be careful which ones you join
alrez

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:06:52 PM

They need to introduce their tokens, as with new products in the real world, coin also needs to be introduced to the public. Twitter and telegram become a place for ico to introduce their coins / tokens. And because it is still unfamiliar to the crowd, the organizers ico willingly spend large funds, so people will accept and get to know their coins / tokens.
gordonsam32

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:11:06 PM

I think that it's a marketing strategy that aims to gain more public interest. They first would get all participants' emails and then later on send promotion new letters.
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:15:48 PM

Projects that has a large capital has the most probability to do one of these to further market their project in different places or sites (since this is all done digitally). It isn't only about dragging investors in here but it is also primarily getting the curiosity of people even outside the cryptocurrency on what is this specific coin all about, why is it giving away free tokens to the public. This also shows that the team or devs are expecting their projects to light up or go boom in the market when its ICO became successful in funding.
Buntel168

Activity: 854

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:22:08 PM

many ico project doing bounty and airdrop for only gain popularity through social media, so that participant must help spread the word about that ico project, so that will attrach more people know about their project.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Irkytsk38rus

Araw ICO

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:29:07 PM

This is done for the development of the community. The more people know about it the better for a coin. I think this is a great tool for promoting

krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 03:30:08 PM

The main purpose of the airdrop is of course advertising the project and attracting new participants and investors, promoting the project to the masses and achieving the desired profit. And it is very attractive when campaigns spend airdrops during ICO or after the sale of tokens as bonuses to users and all participants.
For example, the AltairVR project has already conducted two airdrops during the ICO both for the English-speaking audience and for Russian users, and now there is the 3rd stage of the airdrop which basically consists of creative assignments and, in addition to the opportunity to receive a reward in the coins of the project, you can also get the iPhoneX.
LayaSmith

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:42:48 PM

You know just like game free to play, they need enough people to make their community more plump, if you want to tell a story, you must find audiences first.
Then, those audiences also as the marketing power. It more like marketing method.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:05:09 PM

their goal is to make airdrop because they want more people who know about their project and so many investors who want to invest in their project. promoting projects on social media is a good action because it is fast spread out more widely.

Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:08:40 PM

In my opinion ico do airdrop becose they want to advertising they project all peoples like free things money,tokens,items,food :DThats the point why they doing airdrops,more peoples know the best things going for project creators..

bitcoinhunter1221

Merit: 13

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:21:30 PM

Airdrops are usually present in ICOs because it plays a big factor of collecting people as followers and build a community to spread the word for them. It is a good head start before starting a bounty campaign.
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:27:53 PM

ICOs do make airdrops because some of the projects are giving away tasks that a hunter needs to do for them to grab the airdrop. In this case, the airdrop hunter spreads the name of the ICO by doing the tasks (by posting or giving credits on their telegrams and other social media platforms) for them to grab both mutual benefits.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
eye-con

Activity: 449
Merit: 102

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:02:20 PM

its not a scam, they want to grow their community, their surrounding, and the group of people who holds their coin, they do airdrops to get supporters. and when they do that, there are some possibilities that the price of their coin might grow.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
eddyhalim

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:09:46 PM

i think the purposes of using airdrops are just to popularize the ICO to public, from that the number of investors will increase and make the community stronger to promote the ICO to drawn more funds into the project, moreover, giving free Airdrops like giving free money, the ICO can encourage people to use their token to trade or use in real life.

JCLee

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:12:39 PM

It's not free airdrop Smiley). To join these airdrop you often have to follow some steps like follow twitter or retweet some tweets. It's also a good way to promote their project while they don't want to pay to much for this promoting like bounty campaign Smiley). Maybe there are a lot of unsold token after ICO ended so they create an airdrop for token holder like INS ICO project and a lot of other projects did.

Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:22:20 PM

Airdrop uses the company to attract attention during the ICO and to encourage investment in their cryptotenes. Also free distribution of tokens often takes place at start of new crypto currency, in particular, when that is the result of fork.
Artifex
Legendary

Activity: 1488
Merit: 1019

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 05:25:48 PM

The fact that most of the ICO project is a Scam. They began to use a successful marketing move invented by developers of anonymous cryptocurrency DeepOnion. The difference is that cryptocurrencies have utilitarian value, while tokens are fucking wrappers. For the most part. There are worthy projects. But very few of them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
w33man

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:27:30 PM

Airdrops are good for ICOs because with airdrops their community gets bigger. Some people who gets an airdrop also become their investors, so airdrops are good to accumulate more investors which may also lead to a successful ICO.
sashunya.popov.1993

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:28:09 PM

Airdrops help attract more people. And the more people, the more likely that among them there will be investors. And in general, around ICO, there is a stir. But some airdoors are aimed at attracting light subscribers, in order to further distribute a completely different product. There is also a lot of money fraud. So it is better to keep your investment.
acmrl

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:31:17 PM

They give little coin or token to people and everybody gets their friends or followers, for example they share at twitter and a lot of person participate who see this, this is good and cheap way for advertisement.
arkond

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:42:46 PM

it seems that it is very good advertizing method to make, besides, to make it too it isn't so difficult, and it gives big advantage to successful ico in their problem of the transaction of sale of altcoin.
BabatundeM

Activity: 317

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:21:04 PM

To the best of my knowledge, I think what most Icos gain from airdrop is huge awareness and publicity for their tokens. And that is why they allow a lot of participation. Some usually have up to 20000 airdrop participants and at the end of the day little or nothing will be gotten from it.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:28:19 PM

Most of Icos make airdrops to catch the attention of investors. At first they offer airdrops free tokens to the users for them to invest in this kind of project. If you want to invest in ico's make sure to check first if their project is best that their team can handle the project well.
mayu13

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:28:32 PM

ICO's do airdrops as a way of advertising first their own befote entering other stages. They need to spread awareness to others that their ICO is existing. They need to gather more followers or people to support their projects. Because of airdrops ICO's earned much more strength in building their project.
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:28:06 AM

Who got airdrop will tell friends about it - advertisement and popularity grows up for this coin, more demand on Exchanges

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Jizel

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

I think that this is done to attract people - investors, to show that many people are participating in the project, are interested in it. That the project itself is already known in the broad masses. Just a promotion, I think.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:31:27 PM

I see this to be an act of information dissemination. This will give the project more audience. Part of the strategy is that, what they airdrop will not be that much, except for some few projects that give big airdrop, like the one i am wearing her signature and this will drive those who got the airdrop, which might not be enough to get more by the time the project is listed on exchange. This will also help to increase the volume being traded.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:53:01 PM

i never figure out why almost every ICO always make airdrop program but maybe they do that because they want their project is more popular and sucessfully and to attract more people will being an investors so they might be consider airdrops is good way to increase the popularity of their project
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: