Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit your job to promote bounty campaigns fulltime: unrealistic????  (Read 4550 times)
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 02:29:37 PM

Why on Earth would you quit your job to promote bounty campaigns fulltime?
That sound like the absolute shittiest job ever.

Yes, you would have to do 100 or more at the same time.
Imagine sitting at your computer ALL DAY LONG just making post after tweet after post after tweet after...
Isn't that maddening?
Is your day job so bad that you would consider a job like that?

But here's the thing, logistically, I think making a living off of bounty campaigns is far too unrealistic because of liquidity.
How are you going to live?
Do you have a lot of money saved up that will sustain you a couple months, a year, a couple years?
If you don't, then you will have to turn those coins into cash on a regular basis.
The only two coins right now that can reasonably be turned to cash easily are eth and btc.
So if you want a normal salary of, say, 45k usd a year, then you would have to be converting at least .4 btc into cash EVERY MONTH.

Yeah, good luck with that.

doni95

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:34:50 PM

Last night I had a discussion with a friend if it's possible to quit your job and make a fulltime living of promoting bounty campaigns.
My friend thought you need to promote a lot of bounties at the same time (100 per week), to compensate for the
uncertain number of bounties that will never to lead to any income (coin cannot get listed, withdrawal fees of exchange is too high, scam, etc.).

So the question is: do you agree with this statement?

a colleague of mine resigned from his job last month because he decided to do full time bounty campaigns.  But before he decided to quit his job, he made sure that what he earned from previous bounty campaigns would be more than enough to support him and his family for more than a year.  He also put up small businesses for additional monthly income.  And this was only possible because he saved the money he earned from doing bounty campaigns for more or less 8 years!  

If you are just new or had just started doing campaigns, it think it is not advisable to quit your job right away.  

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:35:07 PM

You can earn money by participating on bounty campaigns but quitting your job just to focus on bounties is never a good idea. We shouldn't rely on bounty campaigns just to meet our daily needs. There are lots of crypto related projects that wants to advertise their coin/token here in the forum but the problem is there are lots of ICO that are scam and there are instances that some projects just decided not to continue their ICO and didn't pay the bounty participants. What I'm saying is what you can earn in bounties are uncertainty, maybe sometimes you can get decent amount of money but having a stable job is still the best option to make a living.
bonifacioB

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:29:48 AM

It is realistic for me because, i have a friend also resigned in his job to give his time in crypto world. But it is depend on the member or participants if she/he truly believe in crypto world and that crypto world can give fortune in his/her life. In terms of daily needs and also can support his/her family basic needs like food,shelter and clothing.
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:33:11 AM

Last night I had a discussion with a friend if it's possible to quit your job and make a fulltime living of promoting bounty campaigns.
My friend thought you need to promote a lot of bounties at the same time (100 per week), to compensate for the
uncertain number of bounties that will never to lead to any income (coin cannot get listed, withdrawal fees of exchange is too high, scam, etc.).

It depends on you only. I think if you have family it is better to have official money income too. Personally I have as official job as bounty profit. For me it is the best option

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:34:20 AM

I also feel not reality, because it wasn't through bounty thread returns a lot
 so you should have a proper job, and some of the bounty thread won't pay you any bounty.

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 599

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:43:28 AM

How can you earn and support your family with your bounties or signature campaigns? That's why I'm totally against people quitting their regular jobs and pursue bounties to generate income. Just remember that this market is so volatile that can be a snap, your investment will suddenly turns into nothing. Then how can you bring food in the table then?

And by your friends arguments, promote a lot of bounties? How? By having multiple accounts here? We all know how the community frowns about members here having multiple accounts joining same bounties just to earn a lot of money. Sooner or later she/he will be caught, and if she/he will then what will happened to his family?

So to answer you: NO, I don't agree with that statement.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:50:51 AM

It is possible but it is still not advisable because the income is not fixed and you are not sure if you will even be paid or not on the bounty campaigns. You cannot budget properly your funds because you aren't even sure if you will receive one so it is better to have a fixed income. If ever you decide to do bounty campaigns full time then you should start planning other source of income because bounty campaigns are not forever. You can learn trading which has a possibility of earning higher income and maybe start a business even if it is small at least you are earning from it. You should always have a back up plan.

pantet

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:54:40 AM

For me I do not quit my job to promote bounty campaigns, because while I am working I can still do and join bounty campaigns specially during my break time and when I am out from the office. It is just a matter of managing your time well to have a good and other source of income. Because like me a solo parent need to grab all opportunities that will help me generate extra income to sustain the needs of my family. So for me I prefer to do both and be profitable for the future.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:56:09 AM

honestly Im not agree to waste all my time for doing anything like that. for me I just wanna take my 5-7 hours a day for doing anything to earn money like doing bounty and some real job, time is the valuable thing for me & my family.
nie417665

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:00:24 AM

I think many people will not do this. After all, the income from bounty is very unstable, and often there will be no income, or not worth the money. There is no job income so stable and long-term guarantee.
buggy

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:00:30 AM

A friend of mine resigned from his job to focus on campaign and it good for him because he did a good decision and hes life now as compared before is amazing. It really changes a lot, in fact he is now constructing his house and he owns a car already because of crypto. But as for me, I will do both, i will do things that will help me financially stable and i will grab all the opportunities that comes that I know it will help me out from financial difficulties.
A A Aziz

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:10:05 AM

I suggest you stay in real work and only work part time for bounty. Why? Although the benefits of bounty are very large and tempting, but the future of crypto currency is still unclear due to various problems at this time.
sagisagngpinas

Activity: 180
Merit: 1

Michael - Iagon Community Manager

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:10:34 AM

This depends on what country and how much is your salary for your job.  If you are in 3rd world countries like where I am. I'd quit my job and do fulltime on bounties and other opportunities online. Here in our country even if you are working in the office if you are not in a high position you will only earn 10$-15$ everyday for 8 hours work.  For call center agents who works in front of a computer the basic salary is about 300$ per month only. Thats why in 2015 i decided to quit my job and focus on learning and finding opportunities online. And just last november 2017 I start on crypto world and I see big opportunity here.

❉▃█▃ IAGON ▃█▃❉
We Revolutionize The Cloud
Michael - Community Manager
GoneRogue2018

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:13:08 AM

Guess it depends on how much your making at your current job. For me, this change or work would not be a profitable one. If it was me, I would stick with my day job and moonlight as a bounty hunter. At least until I have a few months living expense in crypto liquidity.
Dewao

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:23:12 AM

I agree tp your friend statement, are you willing to quit on your job just to promote those ico?just to remind you that not all ICO will give their promise, there are a lot of scam and we need to think twice where we join. For me don't quit on your work. You can do promoting while you have a work.
ACVinegar

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:51:32 AM

If you have a lot of projects to supervise in bounty why not? Bounty is one of the good source of income in virtual currency, because if you not knows you are possible to gain $100 or above daily. Specially if you are a hard worker, if you notice almost day by day you can possibly gain profit thru running of bounty campaign, translation of bounty and etc. If you know how to do almost all job in crypto world you don't need to work in actual job that needs 8hrs with low salary? Not like in bounty you can handle your own time.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:53:15 AM

I think many people will not do this. After all, the income from bounty is very unstable, and often there will be no income, or not worth the money. There is no job income so stable and long-term guarantee.
Agreed. And I don't think that so sweet time for bounty hunters will be a long time. But if you have work that you like why leave it? Be proffi in any case. And bounty rewards will be good addition to income
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:13:25 AM

This is really serious. Well, I don’t think it’s a good opinion to quit a job for bounty campaign work 24/7 but as a matter of fact, if the bounty campaign work is giving me steady and great income after I tried for few months, I would prefer to quit my job which is not paying enough but stress all days. Freedom is really sweet, I must confess

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Princessjilian

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:23:15 AM

For me, it is realistic to quit a job to promote bounty campaigns fulltime because I have a friend also that quit his job in order for him to be fulltime in his bounty campaigns. But before he quit his job, he already secured a certain money to provide his family needs while his waiting for his rewards from his bounties. Also he had a plan B incase he will not going to be successful in his bounties.

But me, for now I will not quit my job to be fulltime in bounty campaigns because im not that good and I am lack of experience. Still it is not impossible for me, to go for that option also.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: