Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:53:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: do you think pool hopping is ethical?
YES - 39 (66.1%)
NO - 20 (33.9%)
Total Voters: 59

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: seriously. its closed. move on.  (Read 14362 times)
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 01:02:19 AM

well dont give up my brother and please take this into consideration.

We started 3 days ago at 2.5 Ghs
Now we are at almost 12 Ghas
thats almost a quadruple speed increase in only 3 days! and I am sure if we all stick it out together it will continue to grow! When we overcome that 1st block barrier more people will join us.

Plus we have an ace in the hole that we have yet to announce but trust me it will make our public exposure and accessibility explode!

Thanks for joining the union. For being part of the beginning of something great.

and don't forget our Daily Reward Payments and our other promotions!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 02:21:39 AM

any way you can work on some way to remember me (the user) between sessions?

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 02:22:35 AM

I have used the site for a little while now, I have a couple of comments.

1.  the json data is not reporting my miners as online
2.  maybe im old school, but I would like to see a more simple interface with more data.  why do I have to move my mouse over a spot on a page to see a number.  I think you guys forgot the KISS method. Also, even in firefox the page takes a while to 'format' with all the css.  edit: to add to the format issues.  the username/password fields act not normal because of the formatting.
3.  How many shares total has the pool worked on the current block? edit: found this info
4.  What is the payscale?  pay per share when the block is finished?
5.  what is the fee for the pool?  are we splitting 49 out of each block.?

thanks
Jim

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 02:59:52 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 03:23:39 AM by jjiimm_64

sorry to be a pain, but the other issue is hash speed reporting.  

I have 8 workers as follows

3 5870  @  421+  mh
1 6950  @  346+  mh
3 5850  @  376+  mh
1 5850  @  272+  mh  (heating issues Smiley )

(421 * 3) + (377 * 3) + 346 + 272 = 3012+

the stats page has shown me at 26 - 2800 .
just wanted to point that out.  I overclocked my 5850's a little higher then normal to put me over the 3G mark Smiley

edit:   funny,  after I posted this and refreshed the stats page,  I see      3078 Mhsh being reported
edit:  back under 3 again (2904)

How will you determine the 24 hour avg?

jpinconline

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 03:52:20 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 04:39:55 AM by jpinconline

Just as an update All 4 of my miners are showing comm faults with the server and failing to my backup pool. This has dropped my avg speed about 500mhash... anyone else experiencing this or is it a problem on my end?

update I think I was having some general intermittent comm trouble... (probably caused by my crappy isp) but the main cause is the username on one of my workers changed. I deleted the worker and recreated it. Everything seems to be working now. (I think I may have accidentally caused it earlier playing with the worker page)

Thanks jjiimm_64 for the quick response Smiley
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 04:08:08 AM

Just as an update All 4 of my miners are showing comm faults with the server and failing to my backup pool. This has dropped my avg speed about 500mhash... anyone else experiencing this or is it a problem on my end?

I haven't seen any problems. 

thanks for reminding me about backup..  I haven't had any backup set since btcguild migrated to the new servers.  I will set mine up now.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 12:04:30 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 01:31:45 PM by BitMinersUnion.org

Congratulations guys! We hit 30 G/hash speed today!
very awesome! I am sure we will be hitting our first block very very soon which is going to be a major break through for us!

The server is humming along perfectly with a very low load!

please make sure you point your miners to pool.bitminersunion.org port 8341

today we are scaling up our bandwidth to make sure we are ready to keep growing in speed

**edit

I just got off the phone with ISP

our bandwidth is doubling within the next 24 hours - the next upgrade is to 5 x that
we are committed to you and our pool just like you have shown your commitment as miners

my other admin is a programming genius (At least in my eyes Wink ) and he is developing a new much cleaner stats system that is based on your feedback and I know your going to love it!

we are also working heavily on security - we are implementing a system to protect against pool hopping type cheats and we are discouraging CPU miners and considering banning them. The reason for this is the majority of cpu miners today are botnets, which are not good for any of us.

I will be away for a few hours this morning and when I return this afternoon I will be processing a round of Daily Reward Payments!
thanks again for being with us
and being a part of the UNION!

keep mining brothers !
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 02:55:13 PM

We cannot tell if I miners are hashing or not.  

website is down, or painfully slow.  when it finally loaded I only saw 7 workers. mine not one of them.

and the json reports nothing...

{ "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.username", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } , "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.miner4w1", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } , "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.miner4w2", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } , "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.miner4w3", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } , "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.miner4w4", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } , "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.miner1w1", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } , "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.miner1w2", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } , "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.miner1w3", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } , "User":{ "username":"jjiimm_64.miner1w4", "currSpeed":"0", "status":"Disconnected" } }

edit:
I am glad i only left one rig pointed here 1.3G

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 03:10:34 PM

Bare with us my friends.

We are making major upgrades and adjustments to the
• database
• front end
• statistics

We listened to the features you requested and we are working to bring you better statistics and a better web site front end all together . We are trying to make this upgrade without Amy downtime at all to your miners but you may not be able to get accurate statistics for a few hours

But please trust me pushpoold is running perfectly on a very low server load and every single share and hash is being recorded, and your rewards will be accurate!

The upgrades are solely on the front end / web site
so please keep your miners going and try not to hammer the stats page we are doing the upgrade

Thank you for mining with the union!

P.s. When I get home this afternoon I will process the daily reward payments for all who are eligible!
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 03:22:40 PM

Thanks for the update.  I will not load the page anymore. btcguild has the best pool stats that I have found if you want to emulate.

Jim

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:16:24 PM

we are also working heavily on security - we are implementing a system to protect against pool hopping type cheats

Pool hopping is NOT cheating - they submit the exact same type of work as anyone else - and the only way to fix it is to use a proper payout system (nearly anything other than proportional would do!).

How do you detect CPU miners?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
gnaget

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:42:18 PM

having some issues with your website?
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:53:57 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 07:07:00 PM by BitMinersUnion.org

Well I guess the jury is still out as to weather pool hopping is considered cheating but a lot of our miners have expressed concern in this area so it is something we are looking into

As far as CPU mining goes we don't have anything against CPU miners pet say but we need to prevent botnets and we are looking into ways to so that.

We are not having problems so to speak , the problem lies with mining farm - the open source front end we used , mining farm is not at all efficient at processing stats so we are modifying the code ourselves to suit the our needs and provide the kind of statistics union members want and deserve.

This is a small growing pain but the pool is still open to already registered miners . So please keep mining! Your stats will be displayed properly when the front end comes back on line

we are very close to solving our first block so don't give up!

All daily rewards payments will be completed by the end of the day.
Thank you!
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 07:17:00 PM

i have been a bit back and forth today with issues at home, but am back mining finally!

cant wait for that first payout. should be awesome!!

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:25:37 PM

we are very close to solving our first block so don't give up!

managing expectations:::

last 24 hours btcguild number of shares to solve block.  this pool has about 250000 now?  

avg      1146977.707
min      3843
max      7422506

jpinconline

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:01:11 PM

I will stay mining with you as long as the pool hopping issue is resolved. My problem isn't with people hopping, my issue is with how it affects small pools. I was mining at triplemining as soon as the block was found the ghash went from 40ghash to over 200ghash and within a couple hours it went back to like 60 or so. It causes the 24hr miners to have to suffer the long blocks and minimizes the benefit of short blocks. Just my 2 cents.:-)
rampone

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

dafq is goin on

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 10:58:45 PM

Then why mine with a pool, that has a  known faulty payout system instead of payment types like eligius or bitp.it...

Proportional payout is a thing of the past, like fiat money... sure, some people still use them  Roll Eyes

btw, can you tell me a proportional pool that has a sign on its front door: no hopping here please?

No existing rule was/is broken. btw. Proportional payout also hurts "short time" miners, that mine while the computer is being used (i know in the longterm its only variance, but why a variance based system...?

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:47:15 PM

many pools offer both pps and prop so they can keep the hoppers and yet keep their 24/7s happy.

plus you seem to have all kinds of bonuses for 24/7s which wouldnt be available to the 43%rs

mooo for rent
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 11:54:51 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2011, 12:08:05 AM by BitMinersUnion.org

PPS is awesome and I would love to offer it, but a small pool can't afford it. Even if youve got a mega sized pool You need a backup stash of coins to pay when old man luck decides to screw with you.

As far as porportional payouts are concerned - the big pools still use it most of them so it cant be that much "a thing of the past" in any case we are exploring options in that regard - we want to make our miners happy, we truly want to make this a pool by and for miners. With that being said I have an announcement to make.

Well you asked for it, and your gonna get it! You wanted more stats, you wanted a better statistical system and you wanted a more user friendly way to view them.

My co-admin the genius programmer that he is .. is currently working tirelessly to make a custom statistical system and front end module for our beloved union pool. He requires that we keep most statistics down for up to 24 hours so he may do the neccesary testing and upgrades.

THE POOL WILL STILL BE RUNNING * ALL YOUR HASHES AND SHARES AND REWARDS ARE STILL BEING RECORDED AND YOU WILL BE PAID !

We will just not have live statistics running on the front end web page until this upgrade is over. When it comes online I assure you we will have an incredible statistical machine that you all will love! In the mean time PLEASE KEEP YOUR MINERS RUNNING! OUR FIRST BLOCK CANT BE FAR OFF !

ALSO for those that STAY MINING THROUGH THE NEXT 24 HOURS WHILE OUR STATS ARE DOWN - YOUR DAILY REWARD PAYMENTS WILL INCREASE! THATS RIGHT FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS ALL MINERS WHO STAY CONNECTED TO THE POOL WITH AT LEAST 1 G/HASH WILL RECEIVE AN EXTRA .05 BONUS DAILY REWARD PLUS YOUR REGULAR .1 PER GHASH PAYMENT ALL MINERS RUNNING BETWEEN 100 M/HASH - 999 M/HASH WILL RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL .025 BONUS ON TOP OF YOUR REGULAR .05 DAILY REWARD PAYMENT!

Thank you for sticking with us! You wont regret it my friends!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE IF YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A DAILY REWARD PAYMENT SEND AN EMAIL WITH YOUR USERNAME AND BITCOIN WALLET ADDRESS TO ADMIN@BITMINERSUNION.ORG SO I KNOW WHERE TO SEND YOUR PAYMENTS THANK YOU FOR MINING WITH US!
jpinconline

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 01:47:41 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2011, 05:44:08 AM by jpinconline

I sent an email with my bitcoin address for the promotion. I will update my post once my payment has been received thanks again for the awesome first block promotions  Smiley

edit: Payment received for the past 2 days. Thanks admin. Cool

edit: Hope we find that block soon can't wait for the raffle of the 5770... (I fully expect to win)  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: