Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:03:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: do you think pool hopping is ethical?
YES - 39 (66.1%)
NO - 20 (33.9%)
Total Voters: 59

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: seriously. its closed. move on.  (Read 14362 times)
macboy80

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 05:59:04 AM

Site back up and called "Mining Farm" ? What going on ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikolawm

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 02:05:46 PM

Can't login / Can't reset password

Huh
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 03:21:20 PM

same thing... can't login...

djex

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 06:40:28 PM

Nice new site design, but I can't seem to log in? Have you restored the user database yet?

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
jkminkov

Activity: 698

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 09:53:43 PM

you start from 0, he scammed your shares

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 11:09:21 PM

you start from 0, he scammed your shares

No one scammed your shares my friend. Unfortunately we were not able to solve a block before we had to take the pool down for several reasons - no  block was solved so no one gets paid. You did however get paid for your daily reward payments.

I really wish we had solved a block on the old system I would of loved for you all to get paid for your hashing.

Our old system was using the "Mining Farm" which is an open source front end that quite frankly has many bugs, security holes and inefficiencies. Our new system is very nice - very slick design and a custom coded front end.

Due to all the security flaws in mining farm we decided not to migrate the database over - instead we are starting fresh - so all old users please register with a new account.

If you or anyone else feels you are owed Daily reward payments please send me an email to: admin@bitminersunion.org and I will verify it in the old database and pay you promptly.

If you submitted a large amount of shares in those 3 days that our pool was up - please send me a email and tell me what you think is a fair payment for the shares you submitted - if we can come to an agreement I will pay you a sum of BTC to reimburse you for your mining time, but
please keep in mind that we did not solve any blocks during this time. No one wants you to feel like you were scammed - that is not what we are about - the Union truly is about you, the miner, and we are your friends , so please email me! This downtime and upgrade was essential to the future of the Bit Miners Union and I can guarantee you that it will not need to happen again!

STAY TUNED FOR AN OFFICIAL RELAUNCH STATEMENT!
jkminkov

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:10:33 AM

restore user's shares from old DB or I'll report you for being scammer and you all fucking new topics will be locked, CHEAT FUCK

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:26:17 AM

lmao

This is why I'm very cautious of new pools now...

Guys, go to a PPS pool and withdraw your earnings every ~12 hours or more often... You effectively limit your risk of something like this happening, to nearly zero

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 08:36:24 AM

restore user's shares from old DB or I'll report you for being scammer and you all fucking new topics will be locked, CHEAT FUCK

Nobody is cheating... Please stop crying...

I had 0.7 BTC estimated but why it doesn't matter:

Payment is proportional -> no block was found -> you get payd proportional for that -> that would make 0,0 BTC.
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:52:07 AM

Why do miners take so much crap like this and lap it up? As a pool owner I'm horrified. Here's the way I think it should be done, using my pool as an example:

I currently offer Prop and PPS, but I want to remove PPS until we grow (a total 180 on my previous  position but thats another story for another day). It would be downright rude to swap everyone from PPS to Prop mid-round, not to mention totally screw up all the payments.

So basically there's two solutions, reset everyone and pay them, or reset everyone and don't. I will be doing the former later today. MaGNeT, if you had mined Prop for 8 days without payment, and then it got reset, do you think you'd be singing the same song?

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 08:53:36 AM

Why do miners take so much crap like this and lap it up? As a pool owner I'm horrified. Here's the way I think it should be done, using my pool as an example:

I currently offer Prop and PPS, but I want to remove PPS until we grow (a total 180 on my previous  position but thats another story for another day). It would be downright rude to swap everyone from PPS to Prop mid-round, not to mention totally screw up all the payments.

So basically there's two solutions, reset everyone and pay them, or reset everyone and don't. I will be doing the former later today. MaGNeT, if you had mined Prop for 8 days without payment, and then it got reset, do you think you'd be singing the same song?

I did mine prop @ this pool for days, did you read my message at all?

jkminkov

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:55:08 AM

MaGNeT you TROLL, STFU, I had over 20K shares, and that FUCK just deleted them, what if EVERY DAMN pool existing deletes their DB every day, WILL you still INSIST it's not cheating?!!!

HE WILL PAY PPS or HE WILL RE-INSTALL old accounts on that "new" server.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 08:58:47 AM

MaGNeT you TROLL, STFU, I had over 20K shares, and that FUCK just deleted them, what if EVERY DAMN pool existing deletes their DB every day, WILL you still INSIST it's not cheating?!!!

HE WILL PAY PPS or HE WILL RE-INSTALL old accounts on that "new" server.

Your 20k shares in a prop pool are worth nothing untill a block is found.
Just like mining solo. Did you scam yourself when your stop without finding a block? No, you didn't...

But maybe if you just ask instead of scream "scammer!" the pool owner would consider to put all the shares back in the accounts, with a "reclaim your shares" procedure.
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 09:03:11 AM

I currently offer Prop and PPS, but I want to remove PPS until we grow (a total 180 on my previous  position but thats another story for another day). It would be downright rude to swap everyone from PPS to Prop mid-round, not to mention totally screw up all the payments.

I did mine prop @ this pool for days, did you read my message at all?

Did you read mine? I said if, it was a question.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
jkminkov

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:04:02 AM

Your 20k shares in a prop pool are worth nothing untill a block is found.
Just like mining solo. Did you scam yourself when your stop without finding a block? No, you didn't...

TOLD YOU TO STFU troll, if those were solo shares that is 1% of path walked towards 50 btc at the end, and YES I can stop* walking that path and continue** anytime, but that will not change the fact that I will GET THOSE 50 btc if I walk the rest 99%, with deleting old DB that scam just put me back in starting position

if I'm in a pool

* - stop mining for some reason
** - start mining for some reason

pools rules were that I WILL BE REIMBURSED for path I walked

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 12:20:42 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2011, 01:39:18 PM by BitMinersUnion.org

please please this kind of stuff is really not necessary.

jmkinov I understand your frustration - but you really do not need to act in this way no one is trying to scam anyone - all this yelling and name calling is not going to solve anything  - first please gentlemen you need to realize that this upgrade was essential - our new database system is nothing like the mining farm database and there was really no simple way to just migrate the database over - we did this upgrade for you the miner to provide a better mining experience we did not do it to cheat anyone out of shares

did I not pay out daily reward payments? Even though we never mined any blocks? that came out of my pocket - and i'll do it again - I am committed to making this thing work and I know once people start using the pool and it starts mining blocks that you are going to love it and stay with us.

This is what I am going to do for ANYONE that mined on the old pool

if you want to continue to mine with us - sign up with a new account - then send an email to admin@bitminersunion.org
i will look up in the old DB and record the amount of shares that you have - if you continue to mine with us until the block is found your shares will be paid in full -  the only difference is the shares from the old pool will be paid out of my personal pocket NOT out of the pools 50 BTC reward as that would not be fair to the new miners.

however just like in any other proportional pool if you do not continue to mine your shares will become less and less valuable as other miners continue to mine

its just like the pool never stopped if you want to be paid for those shares in full you need to continue to mine - if you decide to stop mining your shares will become less and less valuable as the round drags on but that is your choice to make just like it would of been if the pool never stopped

i dont see how i can possibly be any more fair than that.

so please send email to admin@bitminersunion.org if you have shares in the old db you want transferred over to the new db
and I will work on it today

for those of you who have been mining since yesterday please send me your bitcoin wallet addresses to admin@bitminersunion.org so I can send out daily reward payments

to make this fair for everyone I am only allowing a 24 hour window to do this - so if you had shares you want migrated over from the old database you need to email me at admin@bitminersunion.org AND setup a new account.

Because of our security upgrade YOU MUST register a new account we cannot just move your account over to the new system

have a nice day
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 04:02:42 PM

It would have nice for you to let us know that NONE of our shares would be valid in the new system. If I would have known that, I would have stayed at my other pool and not "lost" 5 days worth of mining. Btw, I only got my reward once.

Hmm... 1300mh/s at a pps pool for those 5 days would have been about 4 coins.

Thanks....

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 05:18:27 PM

did you read my post?

I am  paying all the old shares - if you help us mine our first block you actually get paid twice
plus you get your daily reward payments.

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 05:28:12 PM

did you read my post?

I am  paying all the old shares - if you help us mine our first block you actually get paid twice
plus you get your daily reward payments.

I know you are trying your best to be fair BUT you still you have to understand the frustrated hashers.

Just as an example... nofeemining has transferred to a new system but has kept the old one running until the find of a block as to make sure everyone gets what they deserve.   So it is possible to do it differently.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 06:34:27 PM

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR NOT MAKING THIS CLEARER!

It's a complicated situation but I will try and put this as clear as possible!

I have compiled a spread sheet from our old database that has everyone's estimated reward from when we took down the old pool.

For those of you who mined on our old pool and join the new pool and help us mine our first block you will actually be paid as if you mined two blocks.

So this is how its going to work. If you sign up with a new account and help us mine our first block you will not only be paid that reward
but also your estimated reward at the time we took down the old pool.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: