Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: do you think pool hopping is ethical?
YES - 39 (66.1%)
NO - 20 (33.9%)
Total Voters: 59

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: seriously. its closed. move on.  (Read 14367 times)
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 01:15:09 AM

What is the json http address? I see the api key in my account details, but not the link.

http://64.244.102.89/req/json/workerstatus.php?apiToken=YOURTOKEN

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 03:03:17 AM

iopaq:
runlinux:

I just sent payments to the addresses you have on file with us.

If you have any more questions please email me admin@bitminersunion.org

thanks for mining with the Union!
confirmed, I got 0.2
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 08:19:30 AM

on our server we have a web server running as well for the front end to our pool

we had to setup a proxy server in order to funnel the traffic from port 80 to port 8341

if you ask me its quite a remarkable thing that it works as well as it does

What? So now a http proxy server between two local ports (possibly on the same machine, maybe over a LAN, I don't know the details of your setup) is remarkable that it works?

Many systems administrators would laugh at you for that comment - it's bread and butter stuff, and should work absolutely flawlessly.

Are you aware that some of the big pools are proxying *ALL* their requests from the frontend to backend daemons (over, usually, nginx)? Do you see them saying it's remarkable it works?

Try harder and stop spreading this crap. Miners don't have to accept this level of FUD.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 12:07:33 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2011, 12:21:09 PM by BitMinersUnion.org

please do not troll in here looking for ways to try and make me look bad.

In my personal opinion It surprised me that we could come up with a way for him to mine on the same port on the same server that we use for http

this is something my co-admin came up in order to help this gentleman bypass the strict firewall rules at his work place
excuse me for marveling at that.

just because you have a nasty attitude - don't assume I do as well!

and btw: if it is such a simple and easy thing why dont you tell us how we can make it work better, instead of insulting us.

Is this not what the forums are for? so we can get feedback and help eachother?

or were these forums intended for us to troll around and knock each other down when ever we get a chance to?

im not your enemy brother I am sorry you are so offended by my comments I really am. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you please let me know.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 12:12:14 PM

on a lighter note  Smiley

Here is our first block finder and winner of the XFX Radeon  HD 5770 Gaveaway Promotion

evan001

thanks for mining at the union and enjoy your video card
we will be having another prize promotion for block #4 !

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 12:30:58 PM

is anyone else going to be at the Bitcoin World Expo and Conference today?

Maybe I will see you there - look for the guy in the Bit Miners Union T-Shirt!
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 02:15:56 PM

Server Specs:
  • DEDICATED Power House Rack Mount Server with Quad XEON CPU's / Sitting on a DEDICATED 100 Mbit Fiber optic line! (no shared resources or virtual servers here!) 100% Uptime * 100% Redundancy * 100% Security and Stability

Firefox can't find the server at bitminersunion.com

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/BitMinersUnion.org

?[/list]

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 02:19:50 PM

everythings up. I just restarted pushpoold cause the stats were going crazy - my programmer just coded new block stats page yesterday and apparently it went haywire, things are working fine now... check into see what the problem was...
macboy80

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 07:02:35 PM

Thanks for the worker status json stats. Do we have a pool status json feed as well?
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 03:02:08 PM

Gentleman,

I know this block as been difficult, but DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! We are at almost 1.6 Million Shares and I am sure this block will get solved soon! Also our luck is likely to improve on the next block so keep on mining!

This week we have some new features and improvements coming up - if you have any ideas on how we can make your pool better let me know!

We are constantly improving the stats system and we are currently working on an iPhone/Android app, Live Tech Support from the web site, and I am considering reinstating daily reward payments in one form or another. Also I have been paying attention to the votes on the poll and so far it looks like I will be raffling off some piece of PC Hardware to one lucky miner who helps us get Block #4 !

If you have any ideas at all for us send an email to admin@bitminersunion.org

keep mining bro's block 3 is almost dead!

ttyl
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 01:23:23 AM

i noticed my valid shares when from 6k to only ~900. what happened? that took my estimated reward down almost .30BTC

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 11:57:03 AM

runlinux, you werent pool hopping were you? lol I sent you a pm
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 12:12:39 PM

Wow, this block has been a killer gentleman.

We are at almost 2 Mil Shares!

and I appreciate you guys not giving up - this block cannot go on too much longer.

After this block when we start on our fourth block I will be starting some new promotions to get some new miners and new hashing speed, and I am actually thinking of restarting the rewards payment program in some form or another if I can find a way to make it work.

so dont give up brothers after this block our luck is bound to change!

I am also looking for miners who want to step up and give me some good feedback and things you would like to see improved around here

email : admin@bitminersunion.org

have a great day!!!!
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 03:54:16 PM

port 80 is working SOOO much better now!

i can connect more than 1 client and it doesnt die and my hashrate doesnt drop anymore!   Grin

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 05:54:26 PM

thats awesome man, im glad its working for you!

If anyone else has to mine from behind a firewall

you can point your miners to 80.bitminersunion.org port :80

most any office firewall will allow traffic on port 80
so here is your ticket to mine Smiley

thanks to runlinux for holding us accountable to make it better
jpinconline

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 06:15:59 AM

Whats up, why is the pool down?
I'm mining at the guild and i'm a UNION man Wink
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 06:58:17 AM

Yup,  cannot connect.  I am glad I was watching, because I did not have a backup set up.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
jpinconline

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:23:38 AM

Yup,  cannot connect.  I am glad I was watching, because I did not have a backup set up.
Are you running phoenix? and if so can u setup a backup in phoenix similar to that in poclbm where it is just a command line and not another worker?
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 12:02:13 PM

damn man pushpoold crashed last night some time, but dont worry bitcoind was still up so we did not lose the block we were working on.

Im really sorry about this brothers, I hope you guys were able to mine somewhere else and not not lose mining time (like I did)

the pool is back up now, a crazy hard block is the worst thing for any small pool, and I am sure this downtime is not helping

I have some big promotional plans in store I am kinda waiting until this damn 3rd block is solved before I unveil them,

I want to go big on the 4th block, I have found a way to restructure the daily reward payments in a way that will work for me
so those are likely to come back on the 4th block, I also have some awesome new features and promotions coming along so stay tuned

looks like most miners are coming back now - make sure you come back and mine with us guys and help us finish this 3rd block to maximize the reward you have worked so hard on earning. And dont worry bros i got some plans for block #4

damn i need some coffee

bbiab
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 01:42:41 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2011, 01:56:11 PM by Litt

Looks like they deleted a bunch of shares from my account. I don't know if they are accusing me of hopping according to the comment above, but I don't see it anywhere it says that I can't try out your new pool and stop mining there if I felt like it. It's WRONG TO TAKE MINERS SHARES/BTC WITHOUT WARNING. If you are suspecting hoppers taking advantage of your pool, then FIX YOUR POOL. Don't steal peoples share they have already submitted. They are stealing peoples shares saying they are hoppers. No different than calling people terrorist with WMD and invading their country in logic. I'm done with this FACIST POOL THAT STEALS FROM MINERS. Miner's Union my ass. How can I trust you now that you aren't skimping little all the time if you feel "anything" is up.. yeah can't be trusted.. You guys are walking down the slippery slope of pool power tripping. There are much better ways to go about to deal with hoppers than steal from them. How is this act any better?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: