Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:14:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Abuse of the trust system by Vod  (Read 6854 times)
AndrewWilliams (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:52:57 AM

This is the root of the issue I think, since Vod is in the good ole boy network, his trust is weighted heavier as it is more visible to the mass majority who won't actually look into the details as compared to the retaliatory feedback that was given to him by people not in the good ole boy network.  Perhaps someone in the Good ole boy network should step up and justly give him his just desserts until the matter is cleared, would you be willing to be a negative trust "escrow" Salty until the matter is resolved?  As the fact of the matter is the mass majority won't look into the facts so Vod is wielding e-peen which is wrong, and the simple fact that he has this e-peen for being an "internet policeman".  This will be my last contribution to these... threads, I've already ignored those which deserve it and that's enough for me but someone with authority and maturity needs to step up where they are needed and this system needs a very serious reconsideration/reevaluation for its effectiveness and purpose.

And to those who invited him into the good ole boy network... they should also reconsider their positions on the matter and use their trust ratings with scrutiny and evidence of trustworthiness and not just invite every "internet policeman" they see into the network.

He just said he will make good, so let him go through with it already.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:01:22 AM

This is the root of the issue I think, since Vod is in the good ole boy network, his trust is weighted heavier as it is more visible to the mass majority who won't actually look into the details as compared to the retaliatory feedback that was given to him by people not in the good ole boy network.  Perhaps someone in the Good ole boy network should step up and justly give him his just desserts until the matter is cleared, would you be willing to be a negative trust "escrow" Salty until the matter is resolved?  As the fact of the matter is the mass majority won't look into the facts so Vod is wielding e-peen which is wrong, and the simple fact that he has this e-peen for being an "internet policeman".  This will be my last contribution to these... threads, I've already ignored those which deserve it and that's enough for me but someone with authority and maturity needs to step up where they are needed and this system needs a very serious reconsideration/reevaluation for its effectiveness and purpose.

And to those who invited him into the good ole boy network... they should also reconsider their positions on the matter and use their trust ratings with scrutiny and evidence of trustworthiness and not just invite every "internet policeman" they see into the network.

If people are going to look past the meaning of feedback, and just follow blind numbers, thats not Vod nor Andrew's problem, but Andrew sadly gets caught up in it. I've got negative trust, for busting a scammer, but never the less, it is negative, and it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Because people can read the guy's feedback, and it says that he negatively trusted me, because I negatively trusted him without being 100% certain. Although I disagree, he did indeed use the system correctly, so that people could honestly see what he thought, and judge the validity for itself. TomatoCage is in my opinion a trustworthy individual, so I trust him. I don't know Vod enough to say that I trust him, however the fact that TomatoCage trusts him, makes me value his opinions a slight bit more based on TomatoCage's willingness to stake his own reputation on Vod. But if I was reading Vod's feedback for Andrew, and it said that he scammed him out of 15BTC on some deal, but there was no proof, I would no longer value said feedback.

The global trust system is a system of suggestions. To be quite frank, I trust Dank even though he has a scammer tag, however I don't expect anyone else to, and thats their priviledge. The community should be mature enough to realize that people have their own opinions, and they are welcome to share them. Likewise, if you feel some way about someone, you are welcome to leave it on their trust, positive or negative. They system is set up based on individual credibility. I value my credibility, so I try not to add trust to someone who will end up scamming someone. If they do, I lose some credibility as a part of that. If TomatoCage believed what Vod did was wrong, he would remove Vod from his trust to protect himself. However, because Vod has given realistic feedback, not some made up numbers based on emotion, it is a valid use of the trust system.

*edit* I'm glad you guys worked something out, but I feel this is still relevant for future use.
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:28:17 PM

I already said that if I did inadvertently ask for a social security number as security for a loan, I would not do it again in the future. I have stated that at least twice.

I think we got off on the wrong foot. So, please, let's start over again. Smiley

Ok, I can accept ignorance as an excuse.  If you didn't know it was wrong, that's fine.

For the sake of the forum and the staff that have to monitor the "META" subforum, I'll forgive this abuse accusation and start over.  Smiley

Huh

Neg still showing. I took off the one I gave you in good faith, so waiting on you. Thanks.  Smiley
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:26:28 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 11:38:12 PM by AndrewWilliams

I guess he wasn't sincere about starting over.

Neg feedback has been posted back to Vod's trust feedback.

Will take it down when he finally does.
bitcoinbible

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:14:59 PM

If you would read the thread in question, the dude pretty much thought he was a wizard and was saying he has been talked to by spirits.  Yeah, that's mental health issues.  Also thought he could channel the power of Jesus through him.

I think I can channel the power of satoshi through me.

now...do you think i'm crazy?

Grin

bwaahahaaaaa
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:03:59 PM

Vod is abusing power, and being an ass to people when he feels like it, He prevented from getting a loan
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:09:12 PM

Vod is abusing power, and being an ass to people when he feels like it, He prevented from getting a loan

What prevented you from a getting a loan was that you had no collateral, you cult nutjob.    Grin

Notice how I haven't abused the trust system and left you negative trust even though I am positive you are a scammer? 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:28:07 PM

What prevented you from a getting a loan was that you had no collateral, you cult nutjob.    Grin

Notice how I haven't abused the trust system and left you negative trust even though I am positive you are a scammer? 
Im pretty sure "nutjob" is not a word in the dictionary you complete idiot.

And Vod, You don't know me, So why are you calling me a scammer, Your just ruining people's rep just because you feel like it, and to make yourself look good and more like a hero. So you will give me negative feedback just because your mad? Doesn't seem like you are a good person to be doing that and you are abusing your power.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:35:16 PM

I think what ruined your rep was the hissy fit you threw when you didn't get an unsecured loan.

Have a good day, you scamming fool.    Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:51:20 PM

I think what ruined your rep was the hissy fit you threw when you didn't get an unsecured loan.

Have a good day, you scamming fool.    Wink

There you go again, you are a fool calling everybody a fool, Cant you see the way your making someone look, I have the right to expose a member abusing the trust system. And dont good day me, were taking this to messaging, ok?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:55:04 PM

Have a good day, you scamming fool.    Wink

There you go again, you are a fool calling everybody a fool, Cant you see the way your making someone look, I have the right to expose a member abusing the trust system. And dont good day me, were taking this to messaging, ok?

Nope.  I'm blocking you.  You are 13 years old and clearly trying to scam by saying people can sue you if you don't pay back.  People cannot sue a 13 year old.

I'm done with you.  Enjoy your tag.

Edit:  I see you've already tagged me as well, saying you lost 1btc to me.  I don't borrow coins.  Scammer.   Undecided

U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:01:03 AM

Nope.  I'm blocking you.  You are 13 years old and clearly trying to scam by saying people can sue you if you don't pay back.  People cannot sue a 13 year old.

Haha,I am not 13, The reference he posted on the negative feedback to me was from the thread were I asked for a loan, and as you can see for yourself there, There is nothing I said about myself being 13.

He just proved to everyone that he is abusing the trust system by posting a lie about me and posted that because he is mad, thats no excuse. Now Vod has red on him, unless the mods want to help their friend now.

But meanwhile, Enjoy your red Vod, Just as the same you did to me.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:16:40 AM

Haha,I am not 13, The reference he posted on the negative feedback to me was from the thread were I asked for a loan, and as you can see for yourself there, There is nothing I said about myself being 13.

He just proved to everyone that he is abusing the trust system by posting a lie about me and posted that because he is mad, thats no excuse. Now Vod has red on him, unless the mods want to help their friend now.

I'm pretty sure he's only going to show red to you...
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:29:14 AM

I'm pretty sure he's only going to show red to you...
Please don't tell me you are going along with him.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:45:14 AM

I don't think he is "going along" with me; I think he is just stating a fact.

U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:38:30 AM

I don't think he is "going along" with me; I think he is just stating a fact.
What fact Vod? That you are abusing your power, I am not a damn scammer and not a damn 13 year old, So remove that stupid BS ffedback of your please, and I will remove mine, and settle it.

Its not fair that we as members have to put up with a member abusing power and trolling vulnerable people.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:51:09 AM

What fact Vod?

The fact he pointed out - that I am only going to show red to you.

U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:54:56 AM

What fact Vod?

The fact he pointed out - that I am only going to show red to you.
Ok, Well its 8:52 here, and I have to go to sleep, I start work tomorrow, Have a good night, and we will continue this tomorrow, sleep well Vod. and please blow off some steam and come to your senses about that feedback.  Wink
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:11:18 AM

For the record, I left you negative feedback because you are under age and tried to get an unsecured loan for $7,000 saying people could sue you when that is not the case.  You didn't even have a miner deal to use the $7,000 on - you just wanted the cash for whatever reason.

The negative feedback will stay on because you started lying, saying I posted feedback I never did.  I never stated I risked 7btc on you.  YOU did state you risked 1btc, but removed it later.  This is all easily proven by the forum administrators and as a result I feel very comfortable leaving my feedback on.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:14:18 PM

U1TRA_L0RD is an ultratroll anyway

By the way, I found the OP of your reference
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:69UofIbttw4J:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D411374.new+&cd=1&hl=fr&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: