Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:12:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pilgrim Kālua (theme): First Thanksgiving at Satoshi Forest  (Read 11666 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:10:23 PM

Jason PM'ed me and said the tent is up. I'll be there later this afternoon to orchestra Thanksgiving at Satoshi Forest.

I have paint in tow for the making of the signs, along with old nails pulled from barn wood. I have an idea as to what I'm going to source for the wood for the signs. Since I didn't get many bites for entities to be placed on the signs, I'm using the list from The Bitcoin Foundation, along with the few that supported this particular endeavor, i.e. Bees Brothers. Also, http://www.coinsmiths.com/ and http://www.srilankacampaign.org (this one suggested by grabhive).

TMIBTCITW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:20:55 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 03:14:19 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Repost, depicting latest edits:

Reserved, to track and tally the donations to date. Who wants to be first on the list, of which will include your name and amount, unless donated anonymously. Any sponsors will to at the top of the list, separate from other donations.

Total raised to date: $884.54

SPONSORS:

DONORS:

• cwil: $100.75 (0.31 BTC)
  • Justus Ranvier: $322.73 (1 BTC)

More than enough money was raised for Thanksgiving at Satoshi Forest, but if your so inclined to donate to Sean's Outpost, consider doing such via the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295211.0

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 04:44:16 AM

Currently at McDonald's in Pensacola after meeting up with Jason at Satoshi Forest.

Due to the whether, along with other fine local NPOs feeding the homeless tomorrow (and me running late due to affairs at home, then traffic in route), we find it prudent to do the prep tomorrow, then cook on Friday, thus those is need can enjoy fine meals come Friday and Saturday (and maybe Sunday).

Jason is heading outta the country on Friday, leaving Adam, et al. with me. Friday morning is when we'll pick up the supplies we'll need to see this through fruition.

Meanwhile, you all keep warm while I snuggle up under a pile of blankets on the ground at Satoshi Forest where the temp is expected to drop below 29o, with a wind chill, tonight.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm goin' to try to hook up with this toothless janitor chick and see if she wants to come to the forest with me tonight. I'm sure that if we procreate, our children will be born toothless. On second thought, she may take me up on the idea, so it's probably best to not pursue the matter, albeit she keeps staring at me--and smiling.

I wonder if she has any idea that I'm...

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 01:49:20 PM

Burrrrrrrrrrrr!
SeansOutpost

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:22:32 PM

Burrrrrrrrrrrr!
I told you it was cold

I run Sean's Outpost a Bitcoin fueled homeless outreach in Pensacola, FL. Over 140,000 meals fed with BTC donations.You can donate to Sean's Outpost at... 38ccq12hPFoiSksxUdr6SQ5VosyjY7s9AU
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:23:18 PM

RASH!

Don't know if caused by the Whataburger I ate, something in the blankets, the cold, poison ivy, oak, or sumac, or from elsewhere, but I have a rash from my beltline all the way down to my knees, mostly on my ass. I even have blood spots in my underwear. Not in pain, but highly uncomfortable.

I'm not allergic to anything, don't think, so assume it'll pass. Going to be diggin' the imu pit shortly and get a little fire goin' in it, readying it for tomorrow. I wonder if there's any alligators in the swamp adjacent to Satoshi Forest.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:24:07 PM

No problem, Jason. See you after three, for I'm McDonald's now.
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:38:10 PM

Happy t-day boys and girls! Hugs to you all!

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
SeansOutpost

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:58:03 PM

Happy t-day boys and girls! Hugs to you all!
Thanks man! Same to ya. Sorry I'm missing you across the pond.

I run Sean's Outpost a Bitcoin fueled homeless outreach in Pensacola, FL. Over 140,000 meals fed with BTC donations.You can donate to Sean's Outpost at... 38ccq12hPFoiSksxUdr6SQ5VosyjY7s9AU
SeansOutpost

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:59:35 PM

RASH!

Don't know if caused by the Whataburger I ate, something in the blankets, the cold, poison ivy, oak, or sumac, or from elsewhere, but I have a rash from my beltline all the way down to my knees, mostly on my ass. I even have blood spots in my underwear. Not in pain, but highly uncomfortable.

I'm not allergic to anything, don't think, so assume it'll pass. Going to be diggin' the imu pit shortly and get a little fire goin' in it, readying it for tomorrow. I wonder if there's any alligators in the swamp adjacent to Satoshi Forest.

~TMIBTCITW
Did you go tromping around in the woods last night?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:13:08 PM

RASH!

~TMIBTCITW
Did you go tromping around in the woods last night?

Maybe I was sleep-goating.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 02:06:30 AM

Update: Thanks to a piss-poor job by Team Satoshi Forest they did to clear the land, I ran over a sharp 1"+ tree stump and sliced my front tire. When Jason showed up, I put on the donut spare, not realizing I left the jack at home. Jason and Adam left, whereupon I headed out to put air in the spare, for it was low, but not flat. I made it about a mile before I was riding on the rim.

Called A+ towing and had it towed to Walmart to replace both front tires tomorrow, for seriously they were due and I was planning on doing it anyway prior to heading to Las Vegas. But, here's the rub: I'm now in a hotel room here in Pensacola, oppose to sleeping at Satoshi Forest, where there's this fuckin' rooster next door...

Note: Don't go to Walmart in Pensacola, FL, tonight. The place is packed, and I was lucky to get the remaining empty spot by the auto repair section. All the surrounding businesses that are closed today are filled will autos. Oddly, people leaving the store were carrying single bags. I saw no shopping carts. Many were leaving empty-handed.

Shouldn't effect the timeline, for tomorrow afternoon Adam will be swingin' by so that we can go shopping for supplies, then put the six birds in the ground come Saturday.

I dug the imu pit and cleaned up around the place. I procured the wood for the signs of which I'll make Saturday and place on the trees, then snap pics of them in place. Took several pics today, one of half a hole, then a whole hole. Started a fire in the hole to get the embers a goin', using misc. rotten wood on site. Already on hand are bundles of hardwood to heat the rocks/bricks for the Kālua.

Please let me know if some other entity should be on the following list. Please don't request that a name should be remove.

The signs will only have the domain name, i.e. coinapult.com.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 07:22:33 AM

When it rains, it pours!

The part I needed for the Caddy was supposed to be in about 8AM, but didn't come in till noon. Wrong part! But was needed anyway... then they broke it. Luckily, the auto supply ordered two, so they had the other delivered. The other end I truly needed was replaced with a quality used part. The part was compromised due to an oil leak of which now needs to be fixed.

During the interim, the truck we were using to do round robins of pickin' up other needed supplies decided it no longer wanted to start, thus had to resolve that issue.

The lava rocks and the rest of the supplies are on site, sans the turkeys still in the fridge, ready to put in the ground late tomorrow morning. In the afternoon, all the signs will be made and affixed to trees, then pics taken.

Had to stay in the hotel tonight due to not knowing if my car would be outta the shop, along with the back up vehicle having issues. Will probably spend tomorrow night at Satoshi Forest, having already spent the coldest night of the year there here in Pensacola, FL.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 02:44:45 PM

Due to all the unforeseen delays, the turkeys were put in the imu oven (underground) yesterday afternoon, to be uncovered late this morning. How much do these six donated turkeys cost if purchased you ask? Only about a hundred dollars--EACH. Lyrics come to mind: When it says organic, organic, organic, on the label, label, label...

I've taken a many pics, with more to be a taken, during the entire process and of my stay here at Satoshi Forest. Honestly, this place would make a fine getaway/camping excursion for any fellow Bitcoiner interested in a mini vacation/holiday.

~TMIBTCITW
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 09:17:56 PM

So what actually happened, Phinnaeus? Smiley Pics? Has the dinner not transpired?

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:34:09 PM

So what actually happened, Phinnaeus? Smiley Pics? Has the dinner not transpired?

Pics forthcoming, and the dinner didn't happen on Thanksgiving day due to me arriving late and car problems, mentioned above, but still the turkeys got into the ground yesterday and uncovered 22 hours later. I'm here to tell you that them 6 half-cooked $100 USD birds are the best looking man has ever seen. Translated, them weren't fully cooked, thus now are in conventional ovens to complete the cooking process. Once cooked, all the turkeys will be turned into meals or sandwiches. Jason's wife cooked the dressing at home, since would have been pressed for room in the imu, coupled with it was prudent that it be fully cooked with no room for error due to health concerns.

I believe my error was not having enough hot hardwood coals at the base.

As far as the homeless turnout went, there was only one guy spending the night there, but was outta pocket during the coldest nights, of which I spent the coldest night on site, as well as last night. I picked up a cough last night, and am opting to spend my last night here in Pensacola, FL, in a hotel room. The other homeless opted for either indoors or at another camp, but some of them started drifting in yesterday.

I have a few more signs to make and put up tomorrow before heading out to Biloxi to look up a myriad of friends. From there, it's off to Austin, TX, then Las Vegas (not NM).

The general consensus is that they all love Sean's Outpost, oppose to other sites they've lived at. Jason has some grand plans for the site, all of which is not outta the realm of possibilities.

~TMIBTCITW
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 03:28:28 PM

Phin,

When you get to Vegas, we will have some goodies for you to keep you awake for you ride home.  Kiss

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 03:14:22 PM

Phin,

When you get to Vegas, we will have some goodies for you to keep you awake for you ride home.  Kiss

And to think I made an extra sign for this!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: