Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:30:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC will never extend more  (Read 12608 times)
IncreaseMyT

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 04:12:38 AM

Okay cool so I have a post I can dust my canned responce off for.  Are you fucking seriously thinking straight OP? Do you realize what you have said. .. LoL! ! Hold on..... do you realize all money is this way?  I pay cash for almost everything I buy to avoid fees.  I still get taxed.  I make a payment with btc I pay a tax to the miners. .. But hey yeah if I buy from a guy on bitmit even in state I'm not going to pay the same tax.

I pay every with CC to avoid fees, get cashback, be safe, and quick Smiley
There is no way on earth you would ever be able to do that with btc, mad bro?

News flash as well.  You can pay for drugs with anything.  Includes your mangina and your first born.  Actually let's just put all that illegal jargon in this para.  Laundering money. .. ever hear of green dot cards?  Small apple shit that adds up to huge amounts are cleaned hourly. You also mentioned scams... Do you read your local paper.  

http://etv10news.com/police-apprehend-fraud-suspect/

Oh hey... was it bitcoin he had taken?  Nope but just as easy in the name of scam right?  

.Do you see a pattern?  ALL money is hard boild bullshit.  You won't find anything less out there.  But what you are experienceing is life in a nutshell with crypto.  It takes all kinds to make this world work.  Good and bad.  The difference is we cannot become the judge and jury.  

What we can do is keep beating the concept of fair trade.  Trust and hell even the over looked fact that privacy is not a right. If you fuck up here you are Marked. In some cases that's pretty heavy shit and far worse then jail.  Imagine someone today scamming you for 0.1. Then a few years down the road shit changes for that person.  New life new job.  It might not happen for them if an employer was to look at the guys history and see's he has no quarter defrauding someone.

Think about it.  It's deeper then what you think it is

Did you even ready OP?
Or are you lacking brain?

If you did not understand something, please free to chill a little bit and read it again after some time.

Its not as great as you make it sound, I can name lots of negatives to credit cards.  

#1 Chargebacks.  There is nothing worse than getting money, spending it, then some asshole decides he doesn't want to pay for it anymore and does a chargeback.  It happens even more often with internet only businesses, who pay higher fees to begin with, since they are not swiping the actual card.

#2 No control.  Once your card number is out there it is out there.  Tons of people get fraudulent activity all the time.  When this happens they shut down your card right away and not even you can access funds with it.  People do not like to be inconvenienced.  This actually happen to me recently, but it was with business check card, and now it is going to cost me money to not have my card, because certain things will not get paid this week.  Bitcoin puts you in control, there is no credit card fraud, because there is not a transaction that goes through unless you approve it by sending it, not the bank.

#3  Buying power.  There is no buying power in credit card, businesses take them because they have to, not cause they want to, it wasn't long ago you had to buy at least $10 worth to use it.  So you are paying more, this is why cash deals are usually for less.  Do you think this is because of fees?  No because its easier for the business and gives them cash flow.

As the poster in this thread said, Bitcoin has went up 24% in a month, this gives it even more buying power.  Businesses will not just be lowering the price you pay by fees, they can lower it even more because they may be able to make money on their money.  Not to mention if buyers hold on to theirs for a month it goes up 24% they can now purchase that much more.  It gives power to both sides, by cutting out the middle man, kinda like wal mart did, who is the biggest company in the world for the last I don't know how many years.

People like control and convenience, just look at 7/11.  Its very convenient to send something to someones wallet, you don't have to put in your billing, some dumb ass captcha on some crooked website that keeps reloading, not to mention risk putting all of your personal information on the net except your SS.

Some people just don't think things through, too worried about the minor details.

Just My2Cents  Tongue
a137924685

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

Sports Tournaments on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:36:25 AM

Lips sealed

YAMZU

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
       eSports Tournaments on the Blockchain     
        Platform Already Active  10K Users  300% revenue  Established Swedish company

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
¦Facebook   ¦ANN Thread      ¦Bounty Thread 
¦Twitter         ¦Telegram         ¦Youtube
¦Website       ¦Whitepaper    ¦Platform
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:02:03 PM

OP, your post reveals a solid lack of understanding of Bitcoin and finance in general. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but if you imagine it allows you to form "opinions" about either you're sorely mistaken. Perhaps the largest flaw in that morass of "ideas" you've got there is that Bitcoin should be used by Joe Schmoe Consumer. It shouldn't, and it won't be --largely because JSC, like you, either hasn't got the wherewithal to use it, or doesn't have the self-discipline to learn, or both.

This guy's a convenient case in point.

Whether you can fix a problem of intelligence is arguable. If you're sufficiently convinced yours is the latter problem of self-discipline, however, the best course would be to read and learn, and then read more, to the point that when you bring theories it's not immediately clear that you've skipped over the bulk of the work.

It'll be arduous and it'll take a long time, but it's the only option if you're going to move forward (ducking out to play with something more comfortable is the other choice you can make, of course).

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
marcovaldo (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:14:47 PM

OP, your post reveals a solid lack of understanding of Bitcoin and finance in general. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but if you imagine it allows you to form "opinions" about either you're sorely mistaken. Perhaps the largest flaw in that morass of "ideas" you've got there is that Bitcoin should be used by Joe Schmoe Consumer. It shouldn't, and it won't be --largely because JSC, like you, either hasn't got the wherewithal to use it, or doesn't have the self-discipline to learn, or both.

This guy's a convenient case in point.

Whether you can fix a problem of intelligence is arguable. If you're sufficiently convinced yours is the latter problem of self-discipline, however, the best course would be to read and learn, and then read more, to the point that when you bring theories it's not immediately clear that you've skipped over the bulk of the work.

It'll be arduous and it'll take a long time, but it's the only option if you're going to move forward (ducking out to play with something more comfortable is the other choice you can make, of course).

Did you post in the wrong topic or were you not able to understand my point?

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:36:25 PM

LET ME QUOTE YOUR POST

Why bitcoin can not extend more?

There are 4 6 7 main reasons:
- what I just said before (about scammers). Bitcoins is unsafe for customers, because transactions are irreversible.
- because it is not convenient to use.
- because the fees are too high
- because confirmations are too slow.
- because the value is changing too quickly.
- because people don't trust it.
- block size.

1) FALSE. why? because bitcoin is the safest money there is... EVEN GOV can't touch a fully encrypted WALLET...

2) FALSE. why? because with smartphones on the rise... it will be the medium to send/pay btc from person to person...

3) FALSE. why? DO I EVEN HAVE TO COMPARE bank/merchant fees VERSUS BTC FEES? NOT TO MENTION TAXES that is being used to wage WAR in any country? THAT SHOULD BE VERY OBVIOUS!

4) FALSE. why? Can you send FIAT money from USA to IRAQ in a matter of SECONDS? GUESS WHAT... IN BITCOIN YOU CAN!!!

5) TRUE. but it only means it is a LEGIT CURRENCY... LIKE ALL CURRENCY... it GOES UP and DOWN... depending on SUPPLY/DEMAND

6) FALSE. why? because the term is wrong... majority of people don't know what it is yet... but if they KNOW WHAT IT IS... i am 100% they will trust it... IMAGINE GOV can't even touch DPRs WALLET...? Versus any money you hide/put in a vault and the GOV taking it?

7) This is a repeat... already covered in my #3 reply... look up...

CONCLUSION....

PAPER MONEY WILL BECOME A TOILET PAPER SOON... Cheesy

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:24:48 AM

I am all for BTC but one thing keeps nagging away

If 4 billion people are poor and have no access to computers and phones how do they pay for goods and services if

PAPER MONEY WILL BECOME A TOILET PAPER SOON..

what am i missing for all these users to access digital currency.

It would be good to hear peoples thoughts on this...

Grin
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:02:03 AM

If 4 billion people are poor and have no access to computers and phones how do they pay for goods and services if

I think there are like 6 billion phones for 7 billion people? ... or something like that.

Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:10:47 AM

I think there are like 6 billion phones for 7 billion people? ... or something like that.

But no way 6 billion people have phone. And only small %, maybe 20% of phones are connected to internet.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:29:17 AM

and one thing to me is when theres no more bitcoin to mine and theres only 21 M bitcoin , people will go for alt coin money laudering and everything on the thread is never end and always will be use . alt coin is the way out now
Robin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 12:33:59 PM

Once they're no more BTC to mine, miners will still get the transaction fees.
vandeam

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:02:41 PM

lets give google to take care of that 4billion peoples which dont have computer/network to work with..
http://www.google.com/loon/

CloudMint

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:31:43 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 07:45:19 PM by CloudMint

I don't think bitcoin will replace fiat in the physical world at this decade. Bitcoin is designed for internet transactions, and it can outperform credit card in the scenarios we do not imagine before.
There are a large room for existing internet economic activity. The Long Tail of existing online economic activities are micro-payments.
Why do we need to become a member before getting any paid service form the website? If we want to see a movie in a physical world, we will go to movie theater and give them cash. But it is impractical in providing pay-per-view movie service for website. The transaction cost of credit card are too high, and bank won't accept the micro-payment. You need to become a member of the website, and then pay a quite a few dollars to website to get the credit point for subsequently watching. It is not convenient. Many people give up getting the paid content because it is vexing, not lack of money. Following are the proposed killer app of bitcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324167.0
Pay per download:
There are many file-sharing websites. When I want to get a high speed download, however, I often need to become an one-month member. It is vexing, and I only want to download "this file". Bitcoin will be a micropayment system that helping client get one-time high-speed downloading. The website only need to show a bitcoin address or QR code for this download. Or, the website calls the bitcoin-qt API for payment. The amount of money need to be sent are tiny, maybe 0.0002BTC. I think it help file-sharing website increase their revenue. There are a large amount of people unwilling become the member of file-sharing sites, but willing to pay for one-time high-speed downloading.
Pay for priority:
In P2P file sharing networks, there are many leechers, although there are many mechanisms to prevent this problem. I consider that we could incorporate an automatic micropayment agent. If you want to get a file faster, you must pay for it. You can set how many bitcoins you want to pay. The agent will negotiate to other agents to get the higher priority in their downloading queue. It still possible to download without fee and maybe compatible to existing P2P file-sharing software. Users can make benefit by file-sharing that could encourage users increasing their uploading speed and then increasing downloading speed in the P2P network.
Pay per surf:
Fon is a peer-servicing WiFi network. However, it need specific hardware, and it also need to become a member to use their WiFi network. I think there is a way to sell your WiFi service automatically for anyone who has bitcoin. We could modified opneWRT(a popular AP firmware) firmware which is able to show owner's bitcoin address. After payment, openWRT check transaction by viewing blockchain on internet. Finally, AP provides WiFi service to this client. Moreover, we could devise a smartphone App which can find, authenticate and transact automatically. It means smart phone could roam around APs in the city without user's intervention.
Pay per view:
There are forums showing paid content to only paid members. I think it could simplified by using bitcoin. The viewers doesn't need to register, but send bitcoins to specific address for viewing paid content. This idea is also able to be applied to online music, movie, video for one-time viewing.

I consider automatic Micro-payment agent and pay-per-use service model will create a large market only supported by bitcoin. I predict the micro-payment market should be larger than the credit card market in the internet.
marcovaldo (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:15:45 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=326937.0

1.4 million usd stolen. Nothing to do about it.
Roll Eyes

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:16:41 PM

Roll Eyes

Remind us again what price you sold out at?

glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:05:44 PM

BTC will never extend more
want to take a 10 btc bet about that?

[EDIT] I also bet you are french ( or at least you mother/father), i know them far too well...
Do you live in an alternate universe?

I don't live in a crappy country, but in Europe.
Anyway, even if we suppose that it exists somewhere in the world, it is nothing compared to the advantages of the credit card, 0% loan, cashback and bonuses every time you use it, and so on.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Arksun

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:21:34 PM

Roll Eyes

Remind us again what price you sold out at?

BOOM!  Grin

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:34:42 PM

Well, let's be honest, credit cards have advantages over bitcoin.

But cost isn't one of them, at least not collectively. It *can't* be. The consumers are paying for every benefit that credit cards provide. In fact, they're paying so much that the credit card companies can give all of those benefits and still make a hefty profit. And since bitcoin simply has fewer costs associated with it, there's no way that, collectively, bitcoin wouldn't be cheaper.

Credit card costs just aren't evenly distributed. So yes, if you're prudent and sharp, maybe you can come out ahead individually, even though it's probably a lot less of a gain than you might think. But that doesn't mean there aren't many people around you for whom credit cards are an expensive burden... not everyone can be sharp. (True, everyone *could* be prudent but I wouldn't hold my breath.)

I think it'll be interesting to see how the integration of bitcoin into M-Pesa turns out. That would be a true collective costs comparison.

I disagree.

If you are a homeless guy, maybe it will be kinda difficult to get a credit card for free ... But I don't think that you can have bitcoin easily if you are homeless.
If you got some money, all most banks give you free credit cards with lots of advantages if you deposit some money to them (like 1k euros). They have conditions, but why won't you do that? You will not lose money, it will stay safe, and you have nothing to do.

With bitcoins, you have to pay the fees, but your amount of bitcoins will never increase. You have disavantages, but no avantadge to use it. There is no proof that bitcoin value will rise in the future, and coins will be created every day since we all die.
I disagree, the money you get from a bank, which we know as interest, is nothing more than compensating your funds for inflation + 0.01% actual interest.
There are exchanges which give you more than 5 % interest on your coins (I beleve it was MCXNow), so thats not really an advantage of fiat, more for Bitcoin.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:00:19 PM

Bitcoin will always extend, but maybe not in the exponential terms we are seeing today.
Aswell, this topic should be stickied somewhere as it is very well done and thorough!
However, I do agreee with you to some extent, bitcoin may one day crash unsuspectingly.
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 07:07:17 AM

Roll Eyes

USD means nothing...

that can be 999 million USD stolen... which means btc is already on the moon and still going to MARS!..

sorry for ur loss op...

btc will extend more... and A LOT MORE.... btcchina was took down... and BTC IS STILL @ ~300USD...

BTC IS JUST STARTING

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: