Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which privacy currency do you think is the best?
Monero - 3 (27.3%)
Verge ( xvg) - 5 (45.5%)
deeponion - 1 (9.1%)
stealthcoin - 0 (0%)
zcash - 0 (0%)
sumokoin - 0 (0%)
navcoin - 0 (0%)
zencash - 0 (0%)
pivx - 2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best privacy currency  (Read 223 times)
ggameon (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:11:11 PM

Which privacy currency do you think is the best and why?

Explaining why you choose one over the others, will help others understand the purpose en possibilities of privacy coins better. Please no hostilities and childish remarks about other coins. All the top coins in this segment are well made, but differ in some aspects. Let us learn from eachother and not bash other projects just for personal gain.

I'm no expert and my choices may be flawed in some cases, forgive my ignorance if you think one project, doesn't belong in this poll or when i have not mentioned a project which deserves to be listed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mammothine

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:23:00 PM

People like to fud and shit on Verge, but it's very fast, the wallets run exclusively over Tor, stealth addressing....and RingCT (xmr tech) is near completion. Awesome privacy coin.

Monero is obviously king but very slow. Komodo and Enigma are also cool but they are not pure currencies, and not on this list.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:52:11 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

People like to fud and shit on Verge, but it's very fast, the wallets run exclusively over Tor, stealth addressing....and RingCT (xmr tech) is near completion. Awesome privacy coin.

Monero is obviously king but very slow. Komodo and Enigma are also cool but they are not pure currencies, and not on this list.

People shit on Verge because it is a literal scam. It suffered a 51% hack a few days ago - the dev literally didn't know how to fix it. In trying to fix it, they accidentally hardforked their chain without even realising it. The same incompetent dev asked for the community to give him $75 million in Verge on the promise of a partnership - once he had the money, he cancelled the announcement. Buying Verge now is the definition "dumb money".

I'm actually looking forward to their "announcement" on the 17th April. It is going to be their biggest shitshow to date, and this entire coin has just been one big shitshow. Popcorn on standby.
MilanaPay

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:54:05 PM

Recently, only one coin from this list shows good growth - it's XVG. I'm sure that she has a very great future and now her price is very cheap. I would consider it for a long-term investment!  Smiley

atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:01:27 PM

Monero is my favourite privacy coin, by far. No pre-mine, no crowdsale, active development, good technology and a strong community.

I agree.  I think Monero is at the top of the food chain for a reason.  The no pre-mine aspect is really important to me.   If I had to choose another I would choose Vertcoin, just because its community driven.  It lacks and is falling behind in technology to some of the others but the whole asic-resistant movement between these two coins really makes me happy.  I think Monero will be a 4 figure coin by the end of 2018 and Vertcoin will have another run.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:03:47 PM

PIVX - actually is missing here

- I would add that to your poll since i would say that ranks rather highly against those you have listed if not better than most of them

kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:13:09 PM

I am surprised no one has mentioned Deep Onion. A few weeks ago, the thread would probably have been flooded with Deep Onion as the best from its massive community due to free airdrops  Grin. What's happening?

Anyway,I think Monero looks good for the title.
ggameon (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:14:37 PM

People shit on Verge because it is a literal scam. It suffered a 51% hack a few days ago - the dev literally didn't know how to fix it. In trying to fix it, they accidentally hardforked their chain without even realising it. The same incompetent dev asked for the community to give him $75 million in Verge on the promise of a partnership - once he had the money, he cancelled the announcement. Buying Verge now is the definition "dumb money".

I'm actually looking forward to their "announcement" on the 17th April. It is going to be their biggest shitshow to date, and this entire coin has just been one big shitshow. Popcorn on standby.

Sorry for your loss, but the lead dev fixed it almost immediately and as you should know he is active on this forum and  he announced it himself. Even more admirable, he even comes to warn the verge investors for possible scamms done in name of verge or bad exchanges.

We will see about the announcement, the verge devs have not lied untill now, so i expect the announcement to be done on time. We all know what drama was created the last time he was late a few hours with his announcement  Grin come on it was new years eve, can't the dude have a glass of champagne before getting back behind his pc lol
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:19:59 PM

OP did say not to shit on other coins, but it is allright to point out flaws, and I definitely believe that Verge is one of those coins masquerading with technology but without good developers behind it. This is why my first choice always is Monero. And no, none of the forks. Monero is like Bitcoin, everybody thinks they are better but no one realizes how strong its development is. Or the community.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Britainacoin

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:31:48 PM

Explaining why you choose one over the others, will help others understand the purpose en possibilities of privacy coins better. Please no hostilities and childish remarks about other coins. All the top coins in this segment are well made, but differ in some aspects. Let us learn from eachother and not bash other projects just for personal gain.

I'm no expert and my choices may be flawed in some cases, forgive my ignorance if you think one project, doesn't belong in this poll or when i have not mentioned a project which deserves to be listed.

if you check the with papers of the coins that you are listed in your voting list. you will find out that XVG has a high rank in privacy. The mission and purpose of the XVG is to make daily transactions possible by the block-chain  all over the world and for the individual. It has the ability to work directly, and to carry out transactions with the user's privacy. With this currency, individuals and business owners can see and use a flexible option for transactions, and receive and send funds alongside them. With a new feature, users are able to easily manage their larger transactions among their smaller transactions.
varun bee

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:48:17 PM

monero and zcash are in the race but man verge pump & dumps are scary af, the FUD that goes inside the community is insane, how do i know it? well i once rode the pump, then dumped it. verge holders have often stated that it may go upto 100$ (insane,right?) without keeping in mind the total token supply, & recently now that latest news of 51% hack has added more jewels to the crown, now if someone still feels that it can be future of privacy then i must say we won't be having much privacy.
ggameon (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:24:21 PM

monero and zcash are in the race but man verge pump & dumps are scary af, the FUD that goes inside the community is insane, how do i know it? well i once rode the pump, then dumped it. verge holders have often stated that it may go upto 100$ (insane,right?) without keeping in mind the total token supply, & recently now that latest news of 51% hack has added more jewels to the crown, now if someone still feels that it can be future of privacy then i must say we won't be having much privacy.

In blockchain attempts to hack will be an issue forever. It has happened and will happen again in different ways and with different targets.

Whomever said verge will go to 100$, was probably 12 year old kid. Best case scenario it wouldn't go over 1 to 3$ in the next year, unless huge amounts of money goes into crypto.

It has indeed pumped and dumped in the last few months, which is a very good thing for many who buy and sell at the right moments. Overall it has gone up huge in its run ( ath was about x50.000 lol which is crazy ). In any case and time frame you look at verge and  Considering other coins, it is still pretty stable despite the crises.
Deeponion despite being a very good project, has seen its price plummet. If you bought at all time high you have almost lost all your assets  ( on paper ) I'm sure when market trend is up, deeponion will go up, but for the people who bought few months back it must be very painful....
Btw i have verge, a bit deeponion and i had monero. Am not a fan of any coin, for me it is investment and i just support the idea behind crypto....not a project per se. I believe the crypto space will cange dramatically to the extent that will surprise all of us!

Personally i think verge has some things going for itself.
1- tech is as good as any other coin if not better. But i wish somebody with more knowedge could compare these on a more detailed level
2- dev team is active, there is developement and they are trying to market it ( one example is the announce partnership, hopefully with some financial services institution as far as rumors go )
3- The amount of total supply makes it more elligible to become a currency for day to day payments.

Only con for the coin i see ( compared to some others ) is that the amount of transaction is not private. Not sure if that matters to anybody, as long as the transaction can not be traced to a source. But maybe it would be better if they could hide that too.....?
Bonanzabits

Activity: 364
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:25:56 PM

Monero certainly! The most decentralized anonymous coin. my choice among anonymous blockchains.
ggameon (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:32:13 PM

Monero certainly! The most decentralized anonymous coin. my choice among anonymous blockchains.

Why is monero most decentralized?
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:33:53 PM

for me its verge, its because it give user a turn on and off for the stealth mode and also its fast really fast
Neymar10

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:42:12 PM

I recently liked Verge very much. I see that they are really working on their project, each time improving him updates
jhanson

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:47:53 PM

I think another project to consider would be Algebraix. Permission-based advertising platform that pays you to watch ads while keeping your personal data private. https://algebraix.io/
zickle

Activity: 308
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:48:12 PM

I'd say Monero is the time proven coin. It has proved its stability, sustainable development and has a strong dev core team. Many of the coins on the list have obvious problems with the developers. We already know about Verge epic fail, and I don't trust to deeponions devs.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:55:14 PM

I don't know which one is the best, but If I were to choose a coin, it would have to be based upon the size of, and commitment of its community, then just it's innovation alone. The coin can include all the features in the world,  but if isn't tested tried and true by an active group of participants, providing continuous support and feedback for the development of the project, it will lose the trust of the people.
  A big community isn't always necessarily a good thing, but in the case of crypto, a grass rooms community gives a coin it's foundation and infrastructure.
Just my two cents!

thorvald

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:01:36 PM

I think Electroneum should be on the list. Though privacy is not its focus, it is definitely a privacy coin. Built on Monero blockchain and they have some pretty interesting patents/partnerships that could make them one of the most widely used coins in the coming years.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██