Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin Beta ENDED - Asic/GPU/Human Merge Mine-able World  (Read 14514 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:46:34 PM

sometimes (when blocks are moving fast and very rarely)  you get that message.. restarting client should fix right away

Restart did not helped. Dumbass instamining blocks (could someone tell him block reward is 1 coin but thousands of coins are around, ready
to be picked by mere playing the fucking game, as getting coins it is supposed to be done!) is back, it seems he is somehow causing the issue.

ok.. i have some stuck "pending updates" too..

maybe it's the miner..

but it's ok, this is what testings for Cheesy

___

if happens again and the transactions don't auto get removed.. you can delete them in console window.. should fix it for now

sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 01:59:43 PM

Can someone give me some coin to get started?

hMMuvkG88VB6v7kVbnBbsSqM6qqQe9Zodh

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
sdp

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 02:12:10 PM

Can someone give me some coin to get started?

hMMuvkG88VB6v7kVbnBbsSqM6qqQe9Zodh

Thank you, whoever you are.  How much time should a game take?

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:47:40 PM

With current rules (no upkeep on players and no limits on how many players can be on the same square,
and can attack from the same square) the map will become rather crammed.
Like 10*10 phalanxes with thousands of players moving slowly (to avoid tx fees) into battle for the next harvesting ground.

Perhaps there should be a rule "if a player A moves to a position already occupied by another player B
of the same color, then player A cannot attack until A has moved again".
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:22:25 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 12:50:29 AM by snailbrain

With current rules (no upkeep on players and no limits on how many players can be on the same square,
and can attack from the same square) the map will become rather crammed.
Like 10*10 phalanxes with thousands of players moving slowly (to avoid tx fees) into battle for the next harvesting ground.

Perhaps there should be a rule "if a player A moves to a position already occupied by another player B
of the same color, then player A cannot attack until A has moved again".

Thanks for the input.. need more Smiley

we did think about this.. (here is some random stuff and slightly off topic (some contradictory probably) but i thought i'd throw it in, also I have been drinking slightly :d) :

I don't think it would get "too" crammed.. whenever a colour is near another colour they are going to cancel each other out (kill each other).. formations of players probably is going to happen.. if it does get extremely busy (it might), it will be a really good test of the network/system, and this would be exactly the sort of thing we'd need Cheesy
As for many on 1 square, our original plan was you couldn't go on the same square, but this gets complicated when 2 people move onto the same square at the same time. Being on the same square I think will probably be used for some strategic "things".. example.. if you are going to get attacked, it's good to be on the same square as friendlies so that anything you drop is immediately picked up (i know you never actually said don't "not" allow someone on the same square)... more on that example.. you have 5 characters with a lot of money, there is a barrier of enemies not letting you past.. so you put them all on the same square and make a run for it to get through.. something like that Smiley

As for millions of each colour (crammed world), I "think" natural selection should balance things out... but.. one thing we were thinking about is "self destruct" - each player can destroy himself and all players surrounding him, with a 25% chance of killing friendlies. This should add a bit more strategy and reduce massive amount of players who are crowded or are on the same square, although, we are trying to make this "coin" very simple and "mineable" by all. Chronokings will be more strategic/mmo, we are looking at a 2500x2500 tile map with a 2 to 5 days time to cross the map, different spells, build walls etc, this will be more of a complex game style world, and MAY not be as much of a cryptocurrency as huntercoin is "supposed" to be.. Huntercoin is an (the) Altcoin with a difference.

there is no transaction fees for moving? (if you type a big message in text box you get a fee)
(side note), each move of a square (1 by 1) is not a transaction (to reduce spam of block chain), only each waypoint is a transaction (although client will submit new waypoint if destination is not in a straight line[any angles]).. each node calculates where each player will be at a given time if they have a waypoint set. Only straight lines are computed to prevent slow down if there are 1000s of players all with waypoints set (maybe it's too much as it is now), this is why each time you get to the end of a straight the client creates a new update. How it will turn out, who knows, this was the reason we created Huntercoin.

If it looks like people are going to "play/mine" huntercoin, eventually we will have point and click for attacking too.. and if you select to attack someone who is on a square with many people, it will (maybe) popup something so you can select which one to attack (maybe similar to when you click a POI on google maps which has a few POI on the same location and it opens in some spider web type thing? not sure of the terminology).

more random stuff:

We were worried that with the "1st" map design, it could end up with 1 colour dominating, but in this map, it would be inefficient to mine in the 1/4 Big square of another colour all the time.. so i think there will be an even(ISH) number of colours. Also, other players can "leech" a same colour players harvest areas, so to protect them they may need to bring in some other colours to protect from leeches, this cycle i think will prevent too much domination (but can't be ruled out)

hopefully i made some sense even though I went off the rails a bit Cheesy

sdp

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 12:53:30 AM

Okay it is rather boring as far as games go.  Well, so is mining in general.  In the game, you carry a sign of how much money you have in your wallet that everybody can see.  I don't see how a game with this decentralized design could keep this a secret without homomorphic encryption.  I don't think we want something so heavy in a game though.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:24:19 AM

Okay it is rather boring as far as games go.  Well, so is mining in general.  In the game, you carry a sign of how much money you have in your wallet that everybody can see.  I don't see how a game with this decentralized design could keep this a secret without homomorphic encryption.  I don't think we want something so heavy in a game though.

thanks for the input..

When there are a few people playing (probably when it's not beta), I actually find it pretty fun (maybe i am biased Smiley)... but like you said, it's about mining..
You are supposed to see what coins you/they have.. then an enemy can bee line for you (or cut you off) to prevent you from banking your money. You have to take the coins back to the bank (spawn area) so they appear in your wallet. The coins you see in the game are not yet yours (they are in another dimension).

Harvesting areas efficiently and bringing them back to the spawn area is not going to be a 20 second job.. it will probably take a couple of hours to setup.. once you have many characters spread across many harvest fields you are set and in business... The game is then no longer slow, the more characters you have, the less time you have to spend (constant work).. once you have fully (strip mined) a harvest field you can send them all back to cash in or go to the next field, or split up your characters.

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:02:32 PM

As for millions of each colour (crammed world), I "think" natural selection should balance things out... but.. one thing we were thinking about is "self destruct" - each player can destroy himself and all players surrounding him, with a 25% chance of killing friendlies. This should add a bit more strategy
With a chance of killing friendlies it's very easy for bot players to camp the player spawn area and kill
everyone who returns.

If it looks like people are going to "play/mine" huntercoin, eventually we will have point and click for attacking too.. and if you select to attack someone who is on a square with many people, it will (maybe) popup something so you can select which one to attack
Auto-attack seems trivial to implement and is probably essential.
You could level the playing field and give it to everyone right from the start.

Is an incremental (and eternal) progress from Huntercoin to Chronokings possible? (test new feature on testnet while
main network has a hard coded you-must-upgrade-now block height, release new version, rinse, repeat)
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 07:26:38 PM

This is very cool.  Cool

I've put two block eruptors on the testnet.

hK1dhGyL7HbBYcKy7t7pRakbmcbMJFsirV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVf7wNnVbI0   Cheesy

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
sdp

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:26:25 PM

It's 10:24 PM UTC and my client seems to isolated.  I have an internet connection.  The block height is 13710 and it has been like that for quite a long time.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:28:22 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 11:47:05 PM by snailbrain

As for millions of each colour (crammed world), I "think" natural selection should balance things out... but.. one thing we were thinking about is "self destruct" - each player can destroy himself and all players surrounding him, with a 25% chance of killing friendlies. This should add a bit more strategy
With a chance of killing friendlies it's very easy for bot players to camp the player spawn area and kill
everyone who returns.

If it looks like people are going to "play/mine" huntercoin, eventually we will have point and click for attacking too.. and if you select to attack someone who is on a square with many people, it will (maybe) popup something so you can select which one to attack
Auto-attack seems trivial to implement and is probably essential.
You could level the playing field and give it to everyone right from the start.

Is an incremental (and eternal) progress from Huntercoin to Chronokings possible? (test new feature on testnet while
main network has a hard coded you-must-upgrade-now block height, release new version, rinse, repeat)

Thanks..

we want to keep huntercoin and chronokings separate..

as for chance of killing friendlies with self destruct.. i think it may be required.. the real reason was actually to do with your second comment.. autoattack.

with autoattack it will be more of a numbers game, and eventually someone will add it in (if we don't, we will though), so a bot player with lots of characters can just go steam rolling everything due to having more numbers. Being able to self destruct, I "think", will make it harder for massive numbers (of bots or players) to steam-roll the map.. they will need to think more strategic by spreading out characters.
If you don't have a chance of killing your own with self destruct it would just be the same as without it, a numbers game (ish)..
but good point about people self destructing in the spawn area (never thought of that)... they would only have a 25% chance though, so may not be tooo bad.. still needs more thought.

we really don't want to make huntercoin much more complex.. it was supposed to be much simpler than it is now Cheesy

This is very cool.  Cool

I've put two block eruptors on the testnet.

hK1dhGyL7HbBYcKy7t7pRakbmcbMJFsirV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVf7wNnVbI0   Cheesy

sent

It's 10:24 PM UTC and my client seems to isolated.  I have an internet connection.  The block height is 13710 and it has been like that for quite a long time.

probably hardly anyone mining.. i'm stuck on same block (for 6 minutes)..

we will restart it next week.. maybe with different retarget (also will speak to pools to see if daemon crashing)

sdp

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:42:46 PM

How often does the difficulty adjust and how do I use cgminer to mine huntercoin?

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:57:31 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 12:27:47 AM by snailbrain

How often does the difficulty adjust and how do I use cgminer to mine huntercoin?

Will change, but:
atm it's 2016 blocks..
also we removed 4x max difficulty adjustment as we thought the daemon would work flawlessly with merge mining (but seems to crash with some pools, will hopefully fix). This was so we could have a steady beta comp..

maybe we will change difficulty retarget similar to PPC.. also using different algo or even pow/pos is not completely out of the question yet..

for mining.. probably exactly how you mine everything else..
make sure client is running in server mode

cgminer -o 127.0.0.1:XXXX -u username -p password

XXXX = rpc port (in OP, or you can set what you want in huntercoin.conf)
not sure if there is some other switches for optimal mining

sdp

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:04:47 PM

The NXT idea is all PoS.  PoS is much faster.  The OP seems to know the topics it is yet to be seen if he can deliver anything he says though.

sdp

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:30:39 AM

Just a heads up it might be a month before I calculate this block.  I am only using a CPU to mine.

There is only three nodes on this network AFAIK.  We could modify the source and say if block = 13710 then difficulty = 0, recompile and continue our game.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:48:12 AM

Yep the testnet client is stalled. Tried setting up another node and hashing on that as well with a few more BE's, the chain might of forked. Not sure at the mo. to few nodes as its not a live coin yet.

Proof-of-Stake would be a good idea for this coin.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:51:42 PM

If block is not found within 1 minute since last found block just temporaly halve the difficulty. Then if block is not found in the next 1 minute
just temporaly drop difficulty to 1. It is as easy as that. Bitcoin Testnet temporaly drops difficulty to 1 if block is not found in 20 minutes and
it works just fine. Terracoin was using permanently and artificially halved difficulty alone and it proved wrong, malicious attacker exploited the
fact difficulty halves permanently. Combination of both mentioned mechanics is IMO not just desirable but it should be mandatory! Asumption
that hashrate will stay the same if not go up forever is just a proof of stupidity with all cryptocoin developers, including Bitcoin ones. On one
side, there is absolutely no mechanic to prevent instamining of blocks (add insane amount of hashrate to any coin right now and you will mine
insane number of blocks and thus increase inflation to insane value) and on the other side there is no mechanic to prevent network stall.

This is a test atm..
reason for current configuration was that we "assumed" a large merged-mining pool would be stable mining huntercoin, any other people mining in beta would have been negligible..
but.. the daemon is crashing, hopefully we will find out soon what the issues are.. maybe it's the 1min blocks + merged mining

Testing = good Cheesy

p.s. is it just me that thinks it's amazingly fun?Huh

sdp

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:16:19 PM

That, my dear developers, equalls an epic fail.

Fail is not a noun. It is a verb.  You should say failure.

gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:23:01 PM

Once again, nice work snailbrain Grin

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:24:02 PM

it's going again.. very fast.. 5 second blocks.. ?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: