Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bricked RX 580 pulse 8gb  (Read 416 times)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:51:16 AM

you never really brick the gpu and if you have bios problem do the paper clip thing.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:15:34 AM

If your card still on warranty, RMA would be better, if not you can be tried that method. Someone has tried on this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3077304.msg31852392#msg31852392
he cant RMA you dumbass, any gpu with a modified bios gets claims denied automatically and then you are SHIT out of luck. tired of people handing out super crap information without knowing shit. anyone with half a brain and has RMA'ed a gpu before knows that you CANT rma a gpu with a modified bios as they check it and will deny your claim, its in there fine print and its also stated before you submit the RMA form. its all there in black and white

And you are a kind of people that didn't read before comment. Just look at to link that I gave to OP (bolded), scroll down a bit msg #33. Someone with bricked GPU (after modded of course) tried 1-8 jumper method and failed. Then RMA-ing it without issue.

You call someone as dumbass easily. Please respect other.

Or may I need to quoting here, so you can see that clearly:

If you're certain it's bricked and next step is RMA, then try the paper clip trick. Scary, but worked on mine (flashed the wrong bios)...

My card is still under warranty, so I'd rather not try this.

tried this, totally not worked on my reference card, It seems its really dead, already sent to my supplier for warranties and guess what, they don't ask if its modded or not.. Lol Grin
cvsea

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:41:07 AM

Soldering pins??  Cheesy No, no, no

Try this:

- use DDU
-enable onboard video as default display output in your mobo bios
-connect only the bricked card to the x16 slot (main pci-e slot of your mobo)
-boot pc
- run cmd as administrator and navigate to your atiflash folder
- from there type
Code:
atiwinflash -f -p 0 yourbiosfile.rom 

Recovered many cards this way.

Good luck!

That exactly what i was thinking to do. The only difference is that i think i will you freeDOS instead of windows since a lot of people suggest that.
Just to be sure (don't be angry cvsea) anyone arguing against cvsea procedure?

Thanks to all of you

Why not just do it?  Grin
It takes 2 minutes.
Why would you want to use freedos? It's not rocket science.
If you have no drivers installed windows will not try to initialize your bricked card.
Atiflash will see it as a basic display adapter but will flash the bios onto it.

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:43:47 AM

The easiest way go to the local service center and flash your bios on programmer spi.
Dont try sold something if you dont have expeience on it

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:27:04 AM

If your card still on warranty, RMA would be better, if not you can be tried that method. Someone has tried on this thread.

he cant RMA you dumbass, any gpu with a modified bios gets claims denied automatically and then you are SHIT out of luck. tired of people handing out super crap information without knowing shit. anyone with half a brain and has RMA'ed a gpu before knows that you CANT rma a gpu with a modified bios as they check it and will deny your claim, its in there fine print and its also stated before you submit the RMA form. its all there in black and white

And you are a kind of people that didn't read before comment. Just look at to link that I gave to OP (bolded), scroll down a bit msg #33. Someone with bricked GPU (after modded of course) tried 1-8 jumper method and failed. Then RMA-ing it without issue.

If you're certain it's bricked and next step is RMA, then try the paper clip trick. Scary, but worked on mine (flashed the wrong bios)...

tried this, totally not worked on my reference card, It seems its really dead, already sent to my supplier for warranties and guess what, they don't ask if its modded or not.. Lol Grin

I laugh hard reading this..

Actually the OP and I have different scenes, My card is totally dead that couldn't even detect in Bios, there were no signs of fan spinnings or LED lights

so basically I've got no problem RMA'ing it (they can't test if its modded or not)

@OP,

you don't do the jumper thing, just reflash your GPU with the correct Bios and you're done.

GazWales

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:35:03 AM

So you say:
1) Sold pin on BIOS chip;
2) Turn windows on (i've read Dos is better, should i use it?);
3) Flash the original bios;
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Am i right?

1) Solder wire between pin 1-8 on BIOS chip(suggest that you check your BIOS chip datasheet in case its a different chip, you need to turn CS high(to positive/VCC) in order to disable BIOS);
2) Turn windows on;
3) When windows finished booting, clip of the wire(now the BIOS will be enabled, but GPU will not read content from it)
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

I have done this but just held a paper clip in place until into windows then removed it, flashed orig bios and rebooted worked fine.
Just need to hold the clip in place without moving for 20 seconds or so.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:51:44 AM

Actually the OP and I have different scenes, My card is totally dead that couldn't even detect in Bios, there were no signs of fan spinnings or LED lights

so basically I've got no problem RMA'ing it (they can't test if its modded or not)

@OP,

you don't do the jumper thing, just reflash your GPU with the correct Bios and you're done.

lol that's the dumbest assumption ever, they cant test if its modded or not, ROFL dude manufactures MAKE the gpus why wouldn't they be able to test them to make sure you didn't put a modded bios on it? theres no logic in that, that said if they couldn't test them why on earth would they say anything about modded bios in the first place before you rma a gpu. also to the person whom mentioned ONE person doing the paper clip method and then rma'ing a gpu that's 1 person, I guarantee that doesn't always work. manufactures of these gpus can fix more than we think, likely chances are apon doing an rma your getting back one they previously fixed, not one that's brand new

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:55:20 AM

So you say:
1) Sold pin on BIOS chip;
2) Turn windows on (i've read Dos is better, should i use it?);
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Am i right?

1) Solder wire between pin 1-8 on BIOS chip(suggest that you check your BIOS chip datasheet in case its a different chip, you need to turn CS high(to positive/VCC) in order to disable BIOS);
2) Turn windows on;
3) When windows finished booting, clip of the wire(now the BIOS will be enabled, but GPU will not read content from it)
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

I have done this but just held a paper clip in place until into windows then removed it, flashed orig bios and rebooted worked fine.
Just need to hold the clip in place without moving for 20 seconds or so.

You have done it right. There is no need to solder, those pins need to touch each other until you boot into windows.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:11:30 AM

But even they didn't ask you; they would ask what causes but they don't, so what wrong with trying. Even in some store like Amazon, they didn't ask.

@OP,

OP on a direction to do it (smooth repair). But may you give an idea to totally damaged those card to bypass bios checking on RMA.  Cheesy

jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:29:25 AM

lol that's the dumbest assumption ever, they cant test if its modded or not, ROFL dude manufactures MAKE the gpus why wouldn't they be able to test them to make sure you didn't put a modded bios on it? theres no logic in that, that said if they couldn't test them why on earth would they say anything about modded bios in the first place before you rma a gpu. also to the person whom mentioned ONE person doing the paper clip method and then rma'ing a gpu that's 1 person, I guarantee that doesn't always work. manufactures of these gpus can fix more than we think, likely chances are apon doing an rma your getting back one they previously fixed, not one that's brand new

Your logic may right, so they can check leonix card modded or not, even when leonix card was totally bricked. Then leonix got a new card (brand-new / fixed card or whatever) means what? They know leonix have modded that card but they replace it or may fix it. Let's call it luck, but what wrong with trying to RMA.  Huh

OP
As I said before on page one, as long as your cards detected by systems, you can do a smooth repair. A few suggestions have mentioned here.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:23:50 AM

Your logic may right, so they can check leonix card modded or not, even when leonix card was totally bricked. Then leonix got a new card (brand-new / fixed card or whatever) means what? They know leonix have modded that card but they replace it or may fix it. Let's call it luck, but what wrong with trying to RMA.  Huh

OP
As I said before on page one, as long as your cards detected by systems, you can do a smooth repair. A few suggestions have mentioned here.

I may call it a luck? or whatsoever, I got my new card now, rocking all day long again Grin

sure thing, manufacturers can do things we cant see, however my supplier replaced it, got no questions about it, and sure thing its a modded card..

you can't call it a dumb thing, its an actual scene..  Cheesy

jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:37:49 AM

OP

I may call it a luck? or whatsoever, I got my new card now, rocking all day long again Grin

sure thing, manufacturers can do things we cant see, however my supplier replaced it, got no questions about it, and sure thing its a modded card..

you can't call it a dumb thing, its an actual scene..  Cheesy

You are absolutely lucky, leonix.
You are not the only one called as dumb, so do I. We both called as dumbass. But never mind! at least you have a laugh at me, and I laugh at us both.  Cheesy

I felt happy with you today, leonix.  Grin
Doria (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:34:22 AM

Don't worry and don't be afraid, I've experienced it before. I also use rx 580 and flashing it with wrong bios and i fixed it. You can search at google " flashing bios rx580 1+8 pin method" , and remember to boot using gpu you want to flash (not iGPU) and you must use cmd dos to run flashing, do not use gui. And most importan thing, you must have rx580 8gb hynix original rom bios, if you don't have it, you can check at : anorak.tech Smiley

How can i use "broken" gpu to boot if it isn't recognized? Thank god i saved original bios, but i do know anorak.tech anyway. Thanks
Doria (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:46:29 AM

In the end guys i think i will try to flash my card WITHOUT connecting the 1 and 8 pins, since it seems to work in an easiest way without doing it.
Thank you all, i'll keep you posted
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 09:04:26 PM

In the end guys i think i will try to flash my card WITHOUT connecting the 1 and 8 pins, since it seems to work in an easiest way without doing it.
Thank you all, i'll keep you posted

I hope it works for you.  I've been silently reading the replies since yesterday.

I'm sorry that some people here seem to have an instant attitude or no restraint from being crabby..... when I first saw the two pages and started reading back, I was dumbfounded at what I had to read just to get to the status of your issue....

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Doria (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:34:28 PM

I unbricked my RX580!
First i tryed using atiflash with freedos launched by  a usb drive. Freedos started but when i wanted to see if the gpu was recognize with "atiflash -i", no adapter was found.
So i decided to try anyway the command "atiflash -f -p 0 xxx.rom" but the error 0FL01 was returned.

At that point i decided to follow cvsea guide:
Soldering pins??  Cheesy No, no, no

Try this:

- use DDU
-enable onboard video as default display output in your mobo bios
-connect only the bricked card to the x16 slot (main pci-e slot of your mobo)
-boot pc
- run cmd as administrator and navigate to your atiflash folder
- from there type
Code:
atiwinflash -f -p 0 yourbiosfile.rom 

Recovered many cards this way.

Good luck!

I followed the guide carefully and the bios was flashed to the gpu.
Then i reinstalled drivers and gpu was recognized again by windows.

Thank you so much @cvsea!
Thank you all.

Doria
cod3gen

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 04:46:21 PM

2) Turn windows on;
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Have you tried it? Is it worked? Someone in another forum has tried it and worked properly, and another one makes that troubled card smoky.  Cry
Maybe the smoky one doing something wrong on those step, bad soldering or whatever.

I did see someone recommending using pin 1-5 on a different forum, which is incorrect(atleast on those cards ive had to do this). Always read the datasheet before you do anything with such things(it may be different on another chip), the point is to disable the BIOS so it will not load on boot. This is done with CS pin. Also be careful when soldering, shit can happen if you do it wrong :-D

This method is worst case. If your machine wont boot at all(to motherboard BIOS) after a flash, this is the way to do things. Ive had 1 RX550, two RX560 and 1 RX570  i had to go by this method.

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: