Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:25:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368068 times)
Drgreen451

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:47:51 PM

In the past few days, the blockchain.info API stopped working and we cannot confirm all the transaction until yesterday. We had to manually confirm some of the orders, but the man hands' speed could not be compared with computer, so lots of order were delayed in shipping. We feel sorry for what happened, and we are deploying the second payment API, and our private payment service is planning.

We will adjust the price of the S1, and starts to sell Batch 3 of S2. All the orders which is influenced by above accident will get coupons.

Thank you so much for the response! Can not wait for my new S1 to get here. Great job on getting the problem straightened out.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 01:41:21 AM

Only one of my Orders was for 0.002 Bitcoin the Other 2 Orders were from 0.069 Bitcoin and just under 0.02 Bitcoin.

Dude, honestly, what on earth where you trying to accomplish with the 3 orders that you made?

All I see is that you sent them a partial payment without any intention to really complete the payment for them. For.. what?

To be able to re-sell them to some other dude on this forum with a mark-up, should they get sold-out like KnC and other pre-order vendors?

I would have paid in full if there wern't better offers by Better ASiC Providers.

I've asked for my money back for months now and I was going to use that money towards purchashing an actual ASiC worth something that makes ROI back within 2 months and costs 10 times less.

Ohh and btw my purchases are none of your concern so kindly don't judge me on wanting a refund that I am entitled to get back.

And to put it simply , I did not ask for your opinion , I asked for a refund  Cheesy

Just out of curiosity what is the other asic that'll ROI and cost 10 times less?

Not being disrespectful just wondering, because I can't think of any right now. Not Bitfury, not gridseed, not Coincraft clones.  Ants are the best buy at the moment.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:58:27 AM

Only one of my Orders was for 0.002 Bitcoin the Other 2 Orders were from 0.069 Bitcoin and just under 0.02 Bitcoin.

Dude, honestly, what on earth where you trying to accomplish with the 3 orders that you made?

All I see is that you sent them a partial payment without any intention to really complete the payment for them. For.. what?

To be able to re-sell them to some other dude on this forum with a mark-up, should they get sold-out like KnC and other pre-order vendors?

I would have paid in full if there wern't better offers by Better ASiC Providers.

I've asked for my money back for months now and I was going to use that money towards purchashing an actual ASiC worth something that makes ROI back within 2 months and costs 10 times less.

Ohh and btw my purchases are none of your concern so kindly don't judge me on wanting a refund that I am entitled to get back.

And to put it simply , I did not ask for your opinion , I asked for a refund  Cheesy

Just out of curiosity what is the other asic that'll ROI and cost 10 times less?

Not being disrespectful just wondering, because I can't think of any right now. Not Bitfury, not gridseed, not Coincraft clones.  Ants are the best buy at the moment.
+1.

rabbi was crapping like this in another bitmain thread a few weeks ago, lots of slurs and aggression about the fact he sent 3 seperate amounts of ~$1.25,$12.50, and $38.

one might ask themselves: why would you send three insignificant amount when trying to purchase a piece of hardware that cost ~2BTC at the time, or more than 22x rabbi's... 'pre-order deposit'?  Its no wonder bitmain kept the change when the remaining 96% failed to be payed for hours or days

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:23:15 AM

+1.

rabbi was crapping like this in another bitmain thread a few weeks ago, lots of slurs and aggression about the fact he sent 3 seperate amounts of ~$1.25,$12.50, and $38.

one might ask themselves: why would you send three insignificant amount when trying to purchase a piece of hardware that cost ~2BTC at the time, or more than 22x rabbi's... 'pre-order deposit'?  Its no wonder bitmain kept the change when the remaining 96% failed to be payed for hours or days

It wasn't required to be paid  Roll Eyes

It says order must be "paid" within 15 minutes it doesn't say HOW MUCH has to be paid  Cheesy

thevinci

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:05:39 AM

Order ID: #00120140321163710418C8M52i1u062B

The total cost was 0.883 BTC. I put in 0.883 BTC in Coinbase and it shows up as 0.88273151 BTC. What the hey? So if an orders get expired does the BTC come back to me? Bitmaintech has been good to me but they are not responding to emails.

https://blockchain.info/address/17khqnT5j7jPu62VQTMQHujgxNTWBkvXPY

1. Is the number off because of fees?
2. If an order expires, does Bitmaintech return the BTC?
stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:13:37 AM

I have a Coupon 0.05 off under my account. 
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:44:40 AM

They should have shipped it by Now ... but they didn't Sad

Anyone Knows how long takes shipping to Europe?

It has to get here by the end of next week or else we will start to loose money Sad

Please Hurry Bitmain ...

I expect they will have begun shipments today, but remember today is over in China. They may do some tommorow but don't count on it. Monday is probably going to be big shipment day. The good news is that for Europe thats Sunday night/Monday morning, if yours is in that shipment it should arrive Wed/Thu next week at the latest.

You might be lucky and it shipped today, they just haven't had time to update the shipment details online yet.
Thanx!
Let´s hope they arrive next week Wink

I am from Europe. I order my at Wednesday last week. Order got confirmation and they ship at Friday with UPS. I estimated delivery for Tuesday and I got shipment exactly then. Works fine  Smiley
zildogh

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:42:26 AM

Place my order wed 19th march. Paid within 15 min. My order showed as not paid expired, then after email(no response) showing as paid, not shipped. I've not received a coupon yet, I'm hoping they hav shipped it by now and just not updated on site, mean while I bought btc @ $635, now down to $564, and the antminer price has dropped. I seem to b loosing money before this thing is off the ground?

This is my 1st antminer. I'm looking forward to receiving it and getting it set up, I've already in place to add more miners to my network set up in my garage, nice n cold. Added network cabling, wiring, a switch etc. after what has happened I'm starting to wonder its worth anymore investment of my time, and money?

Does this happen allot?
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:54:09 PM

"Place my order wed 19th march. Paid within 15 min. My order showed as not paid expired, then after email(no response) showing as paid, not shipped. I've not received a coupon yet, I'm hoping they hav shipped it by now and just not updated on site, mean while I bought btc @ $635, now down to $564, and the antminer price has dropped. I seem to b loosing money before this thing is off the ground?

This is my 1st antminer. I'm looking forward to receiving it and getting it set up, I've already in place to add more miners to my network set up in my garage, nice n cold. Added network cabling, wiring, a switch etc. after what has happened I'm starting to wonder its worth anymore investment of my time, and money?

Does this happen allot? "

It's normal in mining. You are taking a risk when you purchase a mining rig like antminer. Please do a bit more research, obviously you have done some since you are buying antminers. Many people are wondering if mining is worth their time and money anymore. It's up to you to decide.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:30:07 PM

Finally got an AntS1 binary out - it's 4.2.0 with a patch to make the Luci display work as well as the standard API so anyone wanting to use the API to their AntS1 can use the same code for their AntS1 as for any other cgminer device.

The patch (for anyone interested in knowing what I had to change) is here:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/commit/28f27672d4deaef742c66a12522b745105b770f5

The binary and README are in my usual cgminer-binaries git here:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS1

Read the README on the screen there for how to replace the /usr/bin/cgminer binary in your AntS1 with the new one.

Of course this binary includes all cgminer changes up to 4.2.0 and the one extra commit after 4.2.0 was released:
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/c73e9e7a4f457e94d0f61e0cfc9e8f4531a99f4b

The specific AntS1 changes are of course the changes that have been advertised in cgminer since I merged in the full AntS1 support.
They are:
Enable temperature management code (it doesn't work in the Bitmain code)
Use stratum time rolling to reduce CPU - it still runs at 100% CPU like the Bitmain version does, though.

Unfortunately updating CGminer voids the warranty :/
Well a few things:

I've got another new version again today:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg5837272#msg5837272

Secondly - their code will not stop mining if it gets too hot.
Check their git.
Not only does it not set the overheat flag, but it also contains NO code to use the overheat flag.

My latest release does contain code to throttle mining when it overheats.
The previous one I released, fixed the lack of setting the flag ... but I didn't notice they hadn't bothered to write any code to do anything about it overheating ... ... ...

Lastly:

BITMAIN - I have a miner from you that contains a version of cgminer that the source is not available in your git.
I request the source as per the cgminer license.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:35:25 PM

Place my order wed 19th march. Paid within 15 min. My order showed as not paid expired, then after email(no response) showing as paid, not shipped. I've not received a coupon yet, I'm hoping they hav shipped it by now and just not updated on site, mean while I bought btc @ $635, now down to $564, and the antminer price has dropped. I seem to b loosing money before this thing is off the ground?

Does this happen allot?
Welcome to the world of bitcoin mining... unfortunately you placed an order right when a big site had problems (bolckchain.info) and that's caused a bit of a problem for Bitmain because the order procedure was automated using the blockchain.info api, but they are having to do things manually for the last few days which has caused a bit of a backup. I don't think it should delay things longer than a day or 2, it won't be weeks or months like other companies out there.

You've also ordered during time when the btc price has tanked a little which is not great luck, but if it jumps up again, you're winning again because you'll be making more $/btc than you'd planned on, it's just the way things go.

Also, Bitmain tends to concentrate on getting units out the door as quickly as possible so they'll take longer to update the site. I've heard numerous times that people receive their miner before they get a tracking number.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
zildogh

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:58:16 PM

I'm guessing about 2 month roi. Prob see how it goes then either ebay or buy more! I'm looking at a corsair 750 m for the psu. I know this will b ok for 1 s1. But would it b ok to run 2 s1s 24hrs?
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:47:25 PM

I'm guessing about 2 month roi. Prob see how it goes then either ebay or buy more! I'm looking at a corsair 750 m for the psu. I know this will b ok for 1 s1. But would it b ok to run 2 s1s 24hrs?

it may work for stock clockspeeds, but no overclocking without a drastic hit to the power efficiency.

I picked up a pair of 80+GOLD Thermaltake 750W supplies for $250 after taxes the other day - I plan to use them for 1.5 antminers each (so 3 antminers between the two) since that puts them at ~80% load and about 90% efficiency on 213V

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:19:40 PM

Wow ....

SUPA FAST BITMAIN Wink

I recieved a call today from UPS ... it seems that my Antminer will be arriving Monday ...
Super fast service, Bought last wednesday confirmed Thursesday and arriving Monday (Portugal)

Thanx Bitmain!

Keep Rockin Wink
mdopro1

Activity: 308

Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 01:03:03 AM

I need to learn how I can switch between pools. Can anyone help?

New Bitcoin fund doubling platform has launched!
Receive Automated Payment Every 2 Hours
Appealing alternative with Sophisticated algorithms.
https://Btc-Funds.com
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:05:40 AM

Well a few things:

The previous one I released, fixed the lack of setting the flag ... but I didn't notice they hadn't bothered to write any code to do anything about it overheating ... ... ...

Lastly:

BITMAIN - I have a miner from you that contains a version of cgminer that the source is not available in your git.

Not to mention the fan control logic is broken/inconsistent.. Grin

I also recently received 5 more ants, 4 of which ran much hotter than my previous batches. Turns out this was due to heatsink screws not being tightened down, resulting in air gaps. The PCB didn't even make contact with the paste much less the heatsink. I'll upload pics when I get a minute - but I'd suggest everyone give theirs a quick check.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:13:53 AM

Well a few things:

Lastly:

Not to mention the fan control logic is broken/inconsistent.. Grin

I also recently received 5 more ants, 4 of which ran much hotter than my previous batches. Turns out this was due to heatsink screws not being tightened down, resulting in air gaps. The PCB didn't even make contact with the paste much less the heatsink. I'll upload pics when I get a minute - but I'd suggest everyone give theirs a quick check.

I always check the screws. Most of them can go an extra 1/8th turn, and some are actually more than 1/3 turn loose

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:13:37 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg5856097#msg5856097

Someone found an endian issue in the solo mining code so I've made a new binary and removed the old ones completely.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Humancell

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:15:34 PM

Hey Bitmain,

I'm still waiting for *any* word on my order after 2+ days ...  :-(

Please let us know if anything is going on?  How long until you'll recognize my order as being legit?

I ordered on your site with the same username ... please catch up and get these orders processed!

:-/

Humancell

Ok ... my order and payment from almost three days ago has finally been confirmed, but not shipped.

YEA!!

Now ... PLEASE ship my miner ...  ;-)

BitMain,

The fact that I have a confirmed payment is fine and all ... but my Ant Miner S1 *STILL* is not showing as shipped.  :-(

I placed Order: 00120140319210344142S4hj0DPU065C on the 19th of the month ... and you charged me 0.988 BTC.  Confirmation finally came through 2+ days later ... and now it's been silence with no indication of shipping.

On your site you state:  "Shipping out within 48 hours after full payment BITMAIN always ships fast"

I understand that your systems were built dependent on BlockChain.info, but by the time - 2+ days late - you confirmed my payment you still charged me the full 0.988 BTC.  Even though you dropped the price to 0.938 BTC you have not refunded me the 0.05 BTC that you cost me with your delays.  I wouldn't really care about this if you can then shipped the unit when you confirmed my payment - which is now 2+ days ago - but now my order has not shipped.  It is now 5+ days later I'm not clear on when my unit is shipping.

BitMain, PLEASE ship my Ant Miner S1 ... or give us an update on why the 48 hour commitment is now not being met.  Or give me the 0.05 BTC discount that you dropped the price?  Or both?

I really don't care about much of this if you would simply ship my unit!  :-)

Please?
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:48:03 PM

Hey Bitmain,

I'm still waiting for *any* word on my order after 2+ days ...  :-(

Please let us know if anything is going on?  How long until you'll recognize my order as being legit?

I ordered on your site with the same username ... please catch up and get these orders processed!

:-/

Humancell

Ok ... my order and payment from almost three days ago has finally been confirmed, but not shipped.

YEA!!

Now ... PLEASE ship my miner ...  ;-)

BitMain,

The fact that I have a confirmed payment is fine and all ... but my Ant Miner S1 *STILL* is not showing as shipped.  :-(

I placed Order: 00120140319210344142S4hj0DPU065C on the 19th of the month ... and you charged me 0.988 BTC.  Confirmation finally came through 2+ days later ... and now it's been silence with no indication of shipping.

On your site you state:  "Shipping out within 48 hours after full payment BITMAIN always ships fast"

I understand that your systems were built dependent on BlockChain.info, but by the time - 2+ days late - you confirmed my payment you still charged me the full 0.988 BTC.  Even though you dropped the price to 0.938 BTC you have not refunded me the 0.05 BTC that you cost me with your delays.  I wouldn't really care about this if you can then shipped the unit when you confirmed my payment - which is now 2+ days ago - but now my order has not shipped.  It is now 5+ days later I'm not clear on when my unit is shipping.

BitMain, PLEASE ship my Ant Miner S1 ... or give us an update on why the 48 hour commitment is now not being met.  Or give me the 0.05 BTC discount that you dropped the price?  Or both?

I really don't care about much of this if you would simply ship my unit!  :-)

Please?

Not to be a jerk, but by your own account your order didn't confirm until March 21st around 10am which would be around 10pm on a Friday in China (after business hours)... since shipping can't happen on Sunday, it doesn't appear to me that your order is late (48 hours obvious doesn't include non-business days, just like everything else ever ordered on the internet ever).

The blockchain.info fiasco affected thousands of peoples order from Bitmain and other retailers, give them a break, it wasn't their fault.

It stinks that you feel like you've lost some mining time, but Bitmain has been an upstanding part of the ASIC community since they started shipping units a few months ago.  To try to hold them accountable for something this miner (pun intended) that was out of their control seems a little beggy.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll get you shipping information tonight (since it'll be Monday over there), so don't sweat the small stuff and happy mining!

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: