Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368069 times)
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:40:21 PM

Seem like the paperclip trick doesnt work 4 me Sad.
Need to conecto to a PC to get juice ...
Any ideias?

Some PSUs (like Coolmax) need a +5v load on them to run.  Try connecting an old CDROM drive to it.

so ... should I connect a sata with a CDROM it should solve my problem?
mm5aes

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:44:29 PM

Hi
Planning to order an S1 soon.  Anyone in the UK had one recently can give me some idea of the import tax / DHL charges?
ldh37

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:00:30 PM

Any ideias?

Some PSUs (like Coolmax) need a +5v load on them to run.  Try connecting an old CDROM drive to it.

Yes, connect the power connector to the ROM drive and see if it works.  If your PSU requires a +5v load and you're using the paperclip on the correct pins (16 & 17 on the link below) then it should fix it.
http://postimg.org/image/rpbystm1j/

Donations Welcome - BTC: 1JUyXPSLgCtmp65LBJjN5MTFRQjWPhxExM
COINBASE - Buy/Sell BTC
ezview

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Country music is where my heart is.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:02:12 PM

I have two Antminer S1's ordered awhile back running and mining on Comcast.  I just got two more at another location with Uverse.  The Antminers can be accessed at their ip addresses, but will not mine. Default gateway 192.168.1.254

Any ideas, I tried many things to no avail.  Hard wired ethernet and can browse from that connection from a laptop.  Two working units have same configuration on Comcast, except for different ip's.

Any ideas?

Thanks

why is your gateway 192.168.1.254? About 70% of modems use 192.168.1.1
I guess because it is att Uverse... when I do an ipconfig it lists gateway as 192.168.1.254... I also set up a DMZ but still will not mine... My guess is Uverse is still blocking...

Need some ideas?  Thanks

remove the ipv4 broadcast value - leave blank
change DNS to 8.8.8.8
Last two responses very helpful. thx  I got it working with 192.168.1.254 as gateway and ip4 broadcast (not sure what that is) to 192.168.1 Huh which is what was perplexing me.  I have not tried ip4 broadcast blank yet and I had already changed dns to 8.8.8.8-----  Thanks guys, I did not expect such helpful replies.  I had guessed at this for it least 12 hours with different attempts. Hope I learned something.

---Hip-Hop and Rock is where my guns at---
Dyak80

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:52:14 PM

Hi, I paid for an order (AntMiner S1 - 0.918BTC × 2) 00120140324194700400C949hk8J0628 for 15 minutes after clearance, but he has not been designated as paid in My Orders became gray as unpaid Correct .. please ..
Blawpaw
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:58:36 PM

Any ideias?

Yes, connect the power connector to the ROM drive and see if it works.  If your PSU requires a +5v load and you're using the paperclip on the correct pins (16 & 17 on the link below) then it should fix it.

Im connecting green wire and black wire with the paperclip trick... it has worked before but it has been disconecting and the ant keeps sending beeps ... so im guessing not enough juice, but when i run it connected to the PC it runs fine :\
nevetheless i'll have to change my PSU because I want 2 OC S1
I'm guessing a 600 W PSU will do the trick;
still, if i keep having these issues with the paperclick trick i'll follow your advise! Smiley
Thanx for all the help
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:08:56 PM

Any ideias?

Im connecting green wire and black wire with the paperclip trick... it has worked before but it has been disconecting and the ant keeps sending beeps ... so im guessing not enough juice, but when i run it connected to the PC it runs fine :\
still, if i keep having these issues with the paperclick trick i'll follow your advise! Smiley
Thanx for all the help

You're not planning to run 2 OC S1s on one 600 W PSU, right?

You'd need a 1000W PSU or higher to be safe.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
zildogh

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:28:08 PM

Hi all

Received my 1st antminer s1 today. Thanks bitmain.

All on here said trust bitmain, and they hav delivered! Ordered Wednesday, and received today. Monday. I'm in the uk, cost me £98 customs on arrival cash.

I emailed bitmain and received an email back quite quickly with ups details (Showing as paid, unshipped, still, and no coupon)

Now I'm just waiting for the psu! Went with a corsair 500m. Hopefully here tomorrow. I hope! Just want it up and running now. Don't hav any with enough power I can hook up Sad
Blawpaw
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:34:05 AM

Any ideias?

Thanx for all the help

lol...
sorry I didnt make myself clear! I meant, i wanted to (2) OC my S1, and just wanted 2 make sure tha a 600W PSU would be enough Wink!
Do you Know what's max safe OC temperature to be considered?
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:17:07 AM

Not to be a jerk, but by your own account your order didn't confirm until March 21st around 10am which would be around 10pm on a Friday in China (after business hours)... since shipping can't happen on Sunday, it doesn't appear to me that your order is late (48 hours obvious doesn't include non-business days, just like everything else ever ordered on the internet ever).

The blockchain.info fiasco affected thousands of peoples order from Bitmain and other retailers, give them a break, it wasn't their fault.

It stinks that you feel like you've lost some mining time, but Bitmain has been an upstanding part of the ASIC community since they started shipping units a few months ago.  To try to hold them accountable for something this miner (pun intended) that was out of their control seems a little beggy.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll get you shipping information tonight (since it'll be Monday over there), so don't sweat the small stuff and happy mining!

Well, since neither of us are being a jerk, I'm sure that you'll want to jump in again and make excuses for BitMain ... again.

Now it's 10PM on Monday in Shenzhen, and I've been waiting over 6+ days for my order to ship ... and not received any discount in the purchase due to their price change ... I'm sure that you have yet another set of excuses for their not shipping.

Now, per your excuse about weekends, I import from China as a business and *many* of the businesses work and ship on weekends - unlike your claim.  In addition, the BitMain website says *nothing* about "Shipping out within 48 hours after full payment, BITMAIN always ships fast as long as it's not a weekend, or if we screwed up and relied on a API to a platform that might be unreliable!"

The prices of the Ant Miner S1 is now 0.0918 BTC ... I have not seen my refund for the 0.07 BTC extra that I paid not to get mine either.

BTW ... this is NOT my first purchase from them, and I'm not writing this hear to get feedback from a fanboy ... I'm writing to ensure that others are clear what they are going to be dealing with if they order right now.  I believe that MY actions are being a true supporter of the community ... rather than to try and cover up the behavior of a vendor with excuses.

That being said, the reason that I ordered yet another Ant Miner is that I *really* like the product, and my prior experiences were so good!  The last unit that I ordered from them on the 11th shipped on the 12th ... I was happy with that process and delivery.  This time they have obviously got themselves into trouble and are unable to keep to their commitments, and have not been in communications.

IF they would at least be more open and communicate with us - not individually but as a whole here on this thread - I would feel more comfortable.  They could be writing even one post a day explaining their current backlog and expected waiting times ... but they are not.

I'm glad that YOU are so comfortable with your order and BTC being held up ... exactly how many units do YOU have stuck on order with BitMain at this time, and for how long?

I agree, their communication is horrible.  The S1 is a superb unit, I've owned 4 and loved them all.  I'm no fan boy, but I can see how it might read that way.

As far as your question, I placed an order for 500 U2+ units (13.9 BTC) on March 3rd.  I finally got my shipping confirmation today.  That's just the game we play with BTC miners.  Grin

Anyways, glad your miner is no longer MIA!

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:20:16 AM

Any ideias?

Thanx for all the help

lol...
sorry I didnt make myself clear! I meant, i wanted to (2) OC my S1, and just wanted 2 make sure tha a 600W PSU would be enough Wink!
Do you Know what's max safe OC temperature to be considered?

Yup, a 600W PSU for each Ant would do.

If OC'ed, under 50 degrees to be on the safe side.  Slap a case fan on the other end, to do a push-pull effect to blow the hot air out the same direction to help keep temps in the mid 40s.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Humancell

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:27:01 PM

Just a few tips for people here ... and a question ...

1. I'm running single Ant Miner S1 on a Corsair CX600 with no problems ... about to put my Kill-a-Watt on there to determine exactly how much power one draws, and then what I get in consumption when I overclock.

2. I'm running two Ant Miner S1 on a Corsair RM850 with no problems ... about to put another Kill-a-Watt on that set-up to determine how much power the two of them draw, before I begin to overclock and test with that set-up.

I'm curious what people are seeing as reasonable overclocking values?

What are the "common" values that people feel comfortable with?

Thanks!
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:00:37 PM

1. I'm running single Ant Miner S1 on a Corsair CX600 with no problems ... about to put my Kill-a-Watt on there to determine exactly how much power one draws, and then what I get in consumption when I overclock.

2. I'm running two Ant Miner S1 on a Corsair RM850 with no problems ... about to put another Kill-a-Watt on that set-up to determine how much power the two of them draw, before I begin to overclock and test with that set-up.

Thanks!

You can read other users experiences here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476645.0

400Mhz should be fine for the single Ant on the 600.  OC'ing the 2 Ants on the 850 could be stretching it.  Stock clock should be fine though.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:06:46 PM

Thanks!

pretty much any antminer can get 190GH at 375MHz without issues. about 70% can handle 387.5MHz (195Gh), about 40% can handle 387.5MHz (199GH) and only about 10% can handle 400MHz (202GH)

of course, adding a second fan or other cooling assistance can help improve those ratios a little bit - my above statement is my experience with using antminers with a single stock fan and sitting normally on a flat surface

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Humancell

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:48:12 PM

Thanks for the tips on overclocking ... that will be tonight's research project ...  :-)

I'm curious ... anyone know why BitMain wiped out their "About Us" page?

https://www.bitmaintech.com/about.htm

I'm seeing a big blank page now ...

googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:44:14 AM

Did anyone effected by the snafu receive coupons yet?

I want to buy more with the price dip, but would love to use coupons for it.  Thanks!

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
thevinci

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:16:02 AM

Why is blockchain.info still having problems? Bitmaintech still hasn't confirmed my order. See https://blockchain.info/address/1LyqVmFyum5NTjGnXW8E384xHeoczNbfUA

Is this order okay? I paid for it but the website is not confirming it. Did you guys get the BTCs? I paid for it already.

Order # 001201403250248499872GhD3TEo0665
http://blockr.io/address/info/1LyqVmFyum5NTjGnXW8E384xHeoczNbfUA

Thanks!
SockMunkee

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:56:24 AM

Thanks for the tips on overclocking ... that will be tonight's research project ...  :-)

I'm curious ... anyone know why BitMain wiped out their "About Us" page?

https://www.bitmaintech.com/about.htm

I'm seeing a big blank page now ...

It seems to be working fine:

Bitmain technologies Limited is a Chinese IC design company founded in the first quarter of 2013, which specializes in research, development and sales for custom mining chips and miners. We aim to quickly deliver innovative and competitive custom hardware solutions to help the community.  Bitmain is able to provide the most power effective Bitcoin mining solution on today's market.

Bitmain is a team of technologists, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and Bitcoin enthusiasts. Our core members have years of ASIC development experience, and have designed and mass produced several digital signal processing ICs.

We reject some business practice in the community, which is intended to distribute the risk and benefit asymmetrically. We are here to change it:  we will not accept pre-order forever before we feel logically 100% sure that we can deliver on time. There will be no unexpected waiting and failed/delayed taping-out or any other kinds of delaying risks for our customers.

We created a myth in bitcoin community: no pre-orders, shipping on time, even pre- shipping.  We are earning more and more trust from worldwide customers.

Contact Us

Anyting related with this site and your order, such as invalid order or payment does not show up: webmaster@bitmaintech.com

Business plans/proporals, custom service and RMA request: info@bitmaintech.com

BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:17:25 AM

Should I have a coupon on my account if I have placed and received a previous S1 order?
pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:08:37 PM

pretty much any antminer can get 190GH at 375MHz without issues. about 70% can handle 387.5MHz (195Gh), about 40% can handle 387.5MHz (199GH) and only about 10% can handle 400MHz (202GH)

of course, adding a second fan or other cooling assistance can help improve those ratios a little bit - my above statement is my experience with using antminers with a single stock fan and sitting normally on a flat surface
+10
confirmed!
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: