Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 07:07:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368186 times)
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:49:52 PM

Guys its been at least 2 out of 10 of bitmain that were used (much dust), and also overclocked!

Are they serious? How can they have warranty when they send them o'cked?

Support also sucks, sorry.
Bitmain, any comment on this Huh Angry

I doubt they will answer.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
tazdas

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:00:29 AM

In my case I did get a RMA number from Bitmain and full ship back information and their UPS account number to send the bad miner back..

It took about 4 days to get the RMA # after I provided the screen shot ...
tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:18:00 AM

In my case I did get a RMA number from Bitmain and full ship back information and their UPS account number to send the bad miner back..

It took about 4 days to get the RMA # after I provided the screen shot ...

When was that?

All is Mine!

reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:06:20 AM

Guys its been at least 2 out of 10 of bitmain that were used (much dust), and also overclocked!

Don't count on it, I contacted them five times regarding my group buy and eventually dissolved it, only after their original reply was get it together and contact them.  I won't deal with these folks direct, purchased a few usb's from folks in the GB section for sentimental reasons, otherwise I'm basically done with them as a vendor.  Customer service is good when it is good and completely and utterly sucks otherwise. 

Yet another mining vendor...  Fear not though, they can still cash in all the BTC the community has paid them to retire before a single S2 will ROI. Cheesy
tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:05:29 PM

Don't count on it, I contacted them five times regarding my group buy and eventually dissolved it, only after their original reply was get it together and contact them.  I won't deal with these folks direct, purchased a few usb's from folks in the GB section for sentimental reasons, otherwise I'm basically done with them as a vendor.  Customer service is good when it is good and completely and utterly sucks otherwise. 

Yet another mining vendor...  Fear not though, they can still cash in all the BTC the community has paid them to retire before a single S2 will ROI. Cheesy

I bet will happen!

All is Mine!

peruana

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:13:26 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 03:37:21 PM by peruana

Guys come on, I think we are being a bit unappreciative. This guy could have retired years ago but he hasn't maybe its greed but just maybe he likes it.

He could easily join the bandwagon of others that pre-sell you equipment sitting in their warehouse making them money until they are nice and worthless before shipping.

If you get a dusty one, clean it
If you get an over-clocked one and you don't want it over-clocked, change it back

If you get a faulty or partial dead one he will credit towards another

As far as warranty, ohhh please? These things aren't toasters and this dammmmmmmn sure is not retail mister!

There is no crying in mining so stay focused......

tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:41:13 PM

Guys come on, I think we are being a bit unappreciative. This guy could have retired years ago but he hasn't maybe its greed but just maybe he likes it.

He could easily join the bandwagon of others that pre-sell you equipment sitting in their warehouse making them money until they are nice and worthless before shipping.

If you get a dusty one, clean it
If you get an over-clocked one and you don't want it over-clocked, change it back

If you get a faulty or partial dead one he will credit towards another

As far as warranty, ohhh please? These things aren't toasters and this dammmmmmmn sure is not retail mister!

There is no crying in mining so stay focused......

Yes and when I paid my first dozen with 1.9BTC each, what is it?

Dont tell me I earned ROI, that was my risk. What was his??

All is Mine!

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:59:33 PM

"He" funded the whole ASIC Design, ASIC production, PCB Design, PCB Assembly, and whatever else on "his" own and didn't ask for a single cent of customer pre-order money.

That's what "his" risk was: millions of dollars.
tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

"He" funded the whole ASIC Design, ASIC production, PCB Design, PCB Assembly, and whatever else on "his" own and didn't ask for a single cent of customer pre-order money.

They had great knowledge of the hardware market, and they just hit on the right time.
They surely knew they would sell their stock immediately to the thirsty miners in no time.

Now, you mean we didn't fund them with their expensive S2? Aren't they a preorder? For designing what ? A 55nm?

And you mean that the risk of us mining, is the same as Bitmains?
You mean they risked and would not sell their equipment?

And as the "millions" you said they spent, I am sure they could afford a single person just to reply to their emails.

All is Mine!

ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:22:30 PM

They had great knowledge of the hardware market, and they just hit on the right time.
They surely knew they would sell their stock immediately to the thirsty miners in no time.

Now, you mean we didn't fund them with their expensive S2? Aren't they a preorder? For designing what ? A 55nm?

And as the "millions" you said they spent, I am sure they could afford a single person just to reply to their emails.

Looks like dude you wasn't here when this whole asic race started....

Read the old threads and please do your homework before you say a word....

Thanks!

Wink

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:24:23 PM

Thanks!

Wink

I am sorry I am a newbie here, but can you please explain which page are you referring to of the 104?

Can you please explain with a few words of what you mean?

All is Mine!

ElGabo

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:35:44 PM

Thanks!

Wink

I am sorry I am a newbie here, but can you please explain which page are you referring to of the 104?

Not here in Bitmain topic. These times they are the best as Knc was last year october.

Bfl

Hashfast

Avalon (trade in, batch 3, chips)

Cointerra

Bitmine

bAsic

And a lot of scams who has stolen hundreds of btc-s.

You could be happy to pay for an asic and get it from stock. Nobody did this before.

Sorry, Asicminer did but very overpriced.....

Just do some research before you say something. A lot of people lost a lot of btc and fiat in scams, late deliverys, and so on and so on....

tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:37:44 PM

Thanks!

Wink

Not here in Bitmain topic. These times they are the best as Knc was last year october.

Bfl

Hashfast

Cointerra

Bitmine

bAsic

You could be happy to pay for an asic and get it from stock. Nobody did this before.

Just do some research before you say something. A lot of people lost a lot of btc and fiat in scams, late deliverys, and so on and so on....

You say things I know and have NOTHING to do with what I said earlier.

You need to read more carefully, for God shake.

All is Mine!

ElGabo

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:42:43 PM

Thanks!

Wink

Bfl

Hashfast

Cointerra

Bitmine

bAsic

Just read again.

I give up...

Edit: I don't want to change the world. Let's go put an order at an other "good' company and we can talk later your experience

tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:49:37 PM

Thanks!

Wink

Bfl

Hashfast

Cointerra

Bitmine

bAsic

Just read again.

I give up...

Edit: I don't want to change the world. Let's go put an order at an other "good' company and we can talk later your experience

Thank you so much!

All is Mine!

ElGabo

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:51:55 PM

Thanks!

Wink

Bfl

Hashfast

Cointerra

Bitmine

bAsic

Just read again.

I give up...

Thank you so much!

You're welcomed!  Wink

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:55:57 PM

Just read again.

I give up...

this!!

and please let us know what other company you choose.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

At the time Bitmain was developing their 55nm chips KnC, Cointerra, Hashfast, and countless others were going to flood the market with 28nm chips promising all sorts of things.  Bitmain took a risk that their chip would even be competitive late November, early December.  Further, there is/was no guarantee that their chip would function as expected the first go-around.  

There is massive overhead and a lot of variables at play.  Near every single ASIC manufacturer has placed all of that risk on the consumer whereas Bitmain did not.  They risked their own money, not mine, not yours, not anyone elses.  Their risk was far greater than yours was in purchasing any of their hardware at any point in time.

I don't know how I'd classify the S2.  Was it a pre-order? Maybe, maybe not, but I certainly didn't buy one because I didn't like the prospect of waiting and seeing, not that didn't trust Bitmain.  In response to your other comment, the S2 orders have nothing to do with 55nm development.  That was done in November long before they sold a single machine.  What you and others did with the S2 pre-orders, if you want to call them that, was assure Bitmain that there was a market for a new product based on their old chip design.  From my knowledge they didn't sell hundreds of S2s, and they haven't kept rolling sales going.  Good on them.

No, I mean their risk was greater than ours in terms of magnitude.  They risked millions and you risked $3,000.  As covered above, they took a risk that their money wouldn't be wasted on a failed design, and/or wasted on a design that was non-competitive in the face of the 28nm rush of all their competitors.

I'm sure they could.  From my time in Bitcoin and ASIC land what I understand is that Chinese business does not care for Western concepts.  In China the customer is not always right, and in reality they (customer) could by all accounts go eff' themselves.  The idea of hand-holding and end-user support is not something that exists in Chinese business models.
tzortz

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:44:02 AM

At the time Bitmain was developing their 55nm chips KnC, Cointerra, Hashfast, and countless others were going to flood the market with 28nm chips promising all sorts of things.  Bitmain took a risk that their chip would even be competitive late November, early December.  Further, there is/was no guarantee that their chip would function as expected the first go-around.  

There is massive overhead and a lot of variables at play.  Near every single ASIC manufacturer has placed all of that risk on the consumer whereas Bitmain did not.  They risked their own money, not mine, not yours, not anyone elses.  Their risk was far greater than yours was in purchasing any of their hardware at any point in time.

I don't know how I'd classify the S2.  Was it a pre-order? Maybe, maybe not, but I certainly didn't buy one because I didn't like the prospect of waiting and seeing, not that didn't trust Bitmain.  In response to your other comment, the S2 orders have nothing to do with 55nm development.  That was done in November long before they sold a single machine.  What you and others did with the S2 pre-orders, if you want to call them that, was assure Bitmain that there was a market for a new product based on their old chip design.  From my knowledge they didn't sell hundreds of S2s, and they haven't kept rolling sales going.  Good on them.

No, I mean their risk was greater than ours in terms of magnitude.  They risked millions and you risked $3,000.  As covered above, they took a risk that their money wouldn't be wasted on a failed design, and/or wasted on a design that was non-competitive in the face of the 28nm rush of all their competitors.

I'm sure they could.  From my time in Bitcoin and ASIC land what I understand is that Chinese business does not care for Western concepts.  In China the customer is not always right, and in reality they (customer) could by all accounts go eff' themselves.  The idea of hand-holding and end-user support is not something that exists in Chinese business models.

Was that an answer from Bitmain?

What am I missing here?

All is Mine!

ElGabo

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:36:02 AM

Just read again.

I give up...

this!!

and please let us know what other company you choose.

I think you misunderstood me, maybe because English is not my first language.

I think Bitmain is the best option now, and wanted to say this guy has to make an order from an other "good" company and see what he get.

Hope it's clear now.  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: