Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:15:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368074 times)
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:24:28 PM

New price for AntMiner S1: 0.855btc each one, shipping cost included.

Do you just not give a shit?  Can you respond to a single ****ing PM or inquiry about other products?

I hate to spam another company, but with Gridseed communication is a mix of Chinese and English and I've had full conversations with them via email about products, reselling, etc., all while emailing and PM'ing you guys.  I have more than a dozen replies from them, shit-all from you folks.  

Last edit, I swear.  The thing that is most disappointing is that I AM A CURRENT CUSTOMER.  I own your hardware and wanted to own MORE BITMAIN HARDWARE as well as resell it locally in my market, but for whatever reason both myself and others have gotten completely shafted but your utterly shit customer service.  Meanwhile you pop on here once in a while to sell S1's like you are some knights in shining armor selling the same old shit at marginally better prices.  Seriously, at the point you folks started shipping I had high hopes, now I'm curious if you're another KNC who gave a damn in the beginning and now you just want to fleece/flood the market for what you can before scurrying away.

Speak with your wallet by ignoring them too! Or try another company Wink

Trust me, I'm already speaking with my wallet by jumping on a different usb group thing (Swimmer) and buying Gridseed hardware.  My curiosity/frustration is that there is zero communication from these folks and they seem to make some of the best and most reliable hardware on the market right now and were the only vendor bulk-shipping USB-style units.  I realize they're money-pits, but people still like them and continue to mine with them, plus the aftermarket for other, larger hardware is a complete crapfest, so getting a chargeback on a couple USB's won't break the bank.  

It seems like the typical engineer problem, awesome with machines, crud with people.  But they seemed a lot more responsive to the community at large when they were selling pre-orders for the S2's and U2's back in the day, now that they pop on and give us access to their warehouse of S1's (pure speculation, I'm just being pissy because I'm only on my first cup of coffee Cheesy) and barely respond to inquiries.  Crying shame for the community because we're running out of reliable vendors once again.  
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:36:29 PM

Do you just not give a shit?  Can you respond to a single ****ing PM or inquiry about other products?

I hate to spam another company, but with Gridseed communication is a mix of Chinese and English and I've had full conversations with them via email about products, reselling, etc., all while emailing and PM'ing you guys.  I have more than a dozen replies from them, shit-all from you folks.  

Last edit, I swear.  The thing that is most disappointing is that I AM A CURRENT CUSTOMER.  I own your hardware and wanted to own MORE BITMAIN HARDWARE as well as resell it locally in my market, but for whatever reason both myself and others have gotten completely shafted but your utterly shit customer service.  Meanwhile you pop on here once in a while to sell S1's like you are some knights in shining armor selling the same old shit at marginally better prices.  Seriously, at the point you folks started shipping I had high hopes, now I'm curious if you're another KNC who gave a damn in the beginning and now you just want to fleece/flood the market for what you can before scurrying away.

Speak with your wallet by ignoring them too! Or try another company Wink

Trust me, I'm already speaking with my wallet by jumping on a different usb group thing (Swimmer) and buying Gridseed hardware.  My curiosity/frustration is that there is zero communication from these folks and they seem to make some of the best and most reliable hardware on the market right now and were the only vendor bulk-shipping USB-style units.  I realize they're money-pits, but people still like them and continue to mine with them, plus the aftermarket for other, larger hardware is a complete crapfest, so getting a chargeback on a couple USB's won't break the bank.  

It seems like the typical engineer problem, awesome with machines, crud with people.  But they seemed a lot more responsive to the community at large when they were selling pre-orders for the S2's and U2's back in the day, now that they pop on and give us access to their warehouse of S1's (pure speculation, I'm just being pissy because I'm only on my first cup of coffee Cheesy) and barely respond to inquiries.  Crying shame for the community because we're running out of reliable vendors once again.  

I wouldn't call it exactly "the best and most reliable hardware on the market right now" even if it's my opinion that isn't biased by the Group Buy that i'm organizing.

I invite you to my Group Buy. Even if it's a pre-order and people hate pre-orders, i promise you that when it comes to customer support you will be treated much much better.

reactor

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:53:03 PM

I wouldn't call it exactly "the best and most reliable hardware on the market right now" even if it's my opinion that isn't biased by the Group Buy that i'm organizing.

I invite you to my Group Buy. Even if it's a pre-order and people hate pre-orders, i promise you that when it comes to customer support you will be treated much much better.

True, that "best and reliable" comment was stretching it. 

And I'd love to join in on that buy, problem is I'm totally championing the small fries because the house I'm renting won't support an SP30.  As is I was really pushing it with maxed out GPU units strategically placed around the house when I did more scrypt mining, but I can't pull 1200W from a single outlet without blowing the breaker.  And the owners are assholes, even though I offered to pay 75% they won't let us upgrade the power in this place.  So I unfortunately must use smaller-scale hardware, so 2500W spread around the house in 8-900W chunks is just fine, 1000W and I have to be careful not to plug another USB hub in, but 1200W is a deal-breaker. 

This is why I'm so adamant about smaller, lower-powered units.  S1's are not worth it at the price, weren't worth it when they were selling for ~$3000 back in the day, not worth it now.  Even if we took power price out of the equation (and mine sucks), it wouldn't possibly break even until August, and with the monsters you're group-buying I'm looking at August with the same eyes we watched the market with in March/April 2013 when AsicMiner was about to ream the network.  Stormy clouds on the horizon, only people with the TH+ units are really invited to the party.

BTC isn't very friendly to the small-fry in the community anymore, but I doubt I'm alone in people with either expensive power or power draw limits where scaling out but not up is the only way to go.  On the flipside, this is also why I have over $10k in Gridseed hardware on order and/or hashing right now.  I can spread it across the house and the power draw won't come close to my old GPU farm.  It could have been Ant units, Bitmain decided otherwise for me. Smiley
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:17:05 PM

Should we even bother asking you guys about the USB units anymore?  It seems like you only show up to announce S1 availability, which is kind of bullshit because you aren't answering questions from current and hopefully future customers.  Not to mention you haven't bothered to update the website with other availability info either.  Show up when it's a good time to milk the cows when BTC price goes up, I guess.
Personaly ive given up, sent PMs on forum here and emailed all adressed ive found and zero reply for 2 weeks.
I understand that the 14-20k $ i have/wanted to spend is not a massive order compared to spewing out units, but they could atleast bother to reply.

They are doing you a favor, those usb's are a rip off unless your plans are to rip someone else off even more. Count it as a blessing in disguise.
reactor

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:21:27 PM

Should we even bother asking you guys about the USB units anymore?  It seems like you only show up to announce S1 availability, which is kind of bullshit because you aren't answering questions from current and hopefully future customers.  Not to mention you haven't bothered to update the website with other availability info either.  Show up when it's a good time to milk the cows when BTC price goes up, I guess.
Personaly ive given up, sent PMs on forum here and emailed all adressed ive found and zero reply for 2 weeks.
I understand that the 14-20k $ i have/wanted to spend is not a massive order compared to spewing out units, but they could atleast bother to reply.

They are doing you a favor, those usb's are a rip off unless your plans are to rip someone else off even more. Count it as a blessing in disguise.

They're only a rip-off if you're lying to yourself.  Lots of us do that in this industry. Smiley

But to benefits, which haven't changed: low power, easy to deploy, no playing with power supplies, low-cost, can sap to any coin, etc.  Pardon my language, but any idiot can run a USB miner, and for people who like gadgets or want to be involved, ~$20 for a usb miner is a very low cost for entry.   Plus when running resale we never, ever promise ROI from any hardware and direct folks to calculators to understand the market. 

A blessing in disguise would be Bitmain pulling their heads out of the sand and saying they've been being less than optimal with customer service because there is some kick-ass U3 coming out and everyone who inquired is on the list for purchase.  A vendor not responding whatsoever is not a blessing, it's a return to Avalon and BFL.  I don't want to compare Bitmain to either, but when something starts quacking you start thinking "Duck?".
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:35:10 PM

True, that "best and reliable" comment was stretching it. 

And I'd love to join in on that buy, problem is I'm totally championing the small fries because the house I'm renting won't support an SP30.  As is I was really pushing it with maxed out GPU units strategically placed around the house when I did more scrypt mining, but I can't pull 1200W from a single outlet without blowing the breaker.  And the owners are assholes, even though I offered to pay 75% they won't let us upgrade the power in this place.  So I unfortunately must use smaller-scale hardware, so 2500W spread around the house in 8-900W chunks is just fine, 1000W and I have to be careful not to plug another USB hub in, but 1200W is a deal-breaker. 

This is why I'm so adamant about smaller, lower-powered units.  S1's are not worth it at the price, weren't worth it when they were selling for ~$3000 back in the day, not worth it now.  Even if we took power price out of the equation (and mine sucks), it wouldn't possibly break even until August, and with the monsters you're group-buying I'm looking at August with the same eyes we watched the market with in March/April 2013 when AsicMiner was about to ream the network.  Stormy clouds on the horizon, only people with the TH+ units are really invited to the party.

BTC isn't very friendly to the small-fry in the community anymore, but I doubt I'm alone in people with either expensive power or power draw limits where scaling out but not up is the only way to go.  On the flipside, this is also why I have over $10k in Gridseed hardware on order and/or hashing right now.  I can spread it across the house and the power draw won't come close to my old GPU farm.  It could have been Ant units, Bitmain decided otherwise for me. Smiley

Spondoolies already have that covered:
Already posted in our thread, posting it here again:

We're happy to announce that we've secured a deal with a high quality data center in Central WA for ultra cheap long term hosting. US bundles customers (50 units or more, SP10 or SP30) are invited to contact us at sales@spondoolies-tech.com for details

They will have an option even for smaller customers too with 1 SP30 or some kind of a bundle for multiple customers so that shouldn't hold you back from ordering. Send them an e-mail if you don't believe me and they will fill you with some more details and after that hurry with your reservation fee Smiley

winterpeg75

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:14:12 PM

Not sure if I'm in the right place or not....

But does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a new control board for the Antminer S1?

Or if anyone knows another way to use the blades?

The S1 turns on but it can't see the network.

stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:25:36 PM

But does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a new control board for the Antminer S1?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344970.0

Directly connect the Ant miner to a computer and go through the steps outlined in this thread link posted above ^^^^^^
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:42:45 PM

Bitmain doesnt give a shit anymore to CS.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:59:20 AM

Are you hashing?  The S1 ships to where it does not auto connect to the internet.  You have to change gateway settings on your computer to get into it. 

Best of luck

BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:22:43 PM

New price for AntMiner S1: 0.844btc each one, shipping cost included.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:49:44 PM

Anyone know how long an RMA request takes?  I sent Bitmain an email and was wondering what other people's experiences were. I have 2 unhappy Antminer S1. Thanks!
Resend your same RMA email as a friendly reminder. I've sent 1 of 20 S1s back for an RMA replacement.

What are your S1s doing?

ghghghfgh
g3raint

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:58:29 PM

Guys we need to find a way to reliably under clock the S1  and run 3 on the same 500watt power supply at 400GH combined.

Bitmain asic is pretty awesome at low voltage...

Time to reduce the cost per GH. Maybe we will get even better efficiency.

My Hosting bills are now enormous, we either need to see a price rise a.s.a.p or I don't know what.....

------------------------------------------------------
BTC: 1NTs92VRppSsSeYLAXJtP1SxAzBwYk8JeH
------------------------------------------------------
reactor

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:15:36 AM

Every single time you post a sales item without answering customer questions I'm going to quote it to ask why you're being assholes to people who want to give you money for something else than a S1 (also known as existing customers looking for information on other products since your website is woefully out of date and your customer service is second to shit).  What's the problem?
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:11:12 AM

Every single time you post a sales item without answering customer questions I'm going to quote it to ask why you're being assholes to people who want to give you money for something else than a S1 (also known as existing customers looking for information on other products since your website is woefully out of date and your customer service is second to shit).  What's the problem?

Ancient Chinese Secret for Excellent Customer Service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xeacqP9sLE

Lighten up!
BITMAIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 10:56:57 AM

AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner Batch 3 Sales Open

Bitmain Technologies Limited is proud to announce ANTMINER S2 sales open at 22:00pm BeiJing time Apr 23rd GMT+8.
The 3rd Batch of AntMiner S2 will be shipped out starting from April 26th. AntMiner S2 will be available in the global market for a price of $3,199.

Coupon for Returning Customers: 
Only $3,099 after a $100 Instant Coupon, which will be released to the user IDs who have bought S2 in the Batch 1 & Batch 2.

AntMiner S2 SPEC:

Hash rate: 1,000GH/s
 Power consumption: less than 1,100W from the wall
 Power efficiency: Around 1.1Watt/GH/s
 PSU: 1050W produced by Enermax, 80PLUS gold
 4U Rack (442mm * 432mm * 177mm)
 Built-in 1050W PSU
 Plug and Mining
 Stable and quietly

URL: https://www.bitmaintech.com

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
BITMAIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:18:46 PM

New price for AntMiner S1: 0.831btc each one, shipping cost included.

bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:05:57 PM

ok, was doing some math.  From a short-term (6 months), doesn't it make more sense to just use the S1s?  At the current prices, I can't use that much electricity difference to justify the price difference.  Am I missing something?  Also with the Dragon and others under the $3,000 price tag, it seems a little over priced even for Bitmain.  Just trying to figure out what I might be missing.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:09:40 PM

ok, was doing some math.  From a short-term (6 months), doesn't it make more sense to just use the S1s?  At the current prices, I can't use that much electricity difference to justify the price difference.  Am I missing something?  Also with the Dragon and others under the $3,000 price tag, it seems a little over priced even for Bitmain.  Just trying to figure out what I might be missing.

You're not missing anything, it's way overpriced.  Especially for the quality (or lack of quality) of the S2's.

The entire S2 launch has been a moneygrab, just to put a 1 TH/s miner out on the market, knowing their customer base would gobble it up due to the success of the S1.

Hope they go back to basics for the S3 offering, whenever that is.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
reactor

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:12:26 PM

ok, was doing some math.  From a short-term (6 months), doesn't it make more sense to just use the S1s?  At the current prices, I can't use that much electricity difference to justify the price difference.  Am I missing something?  Also with the Dragon and others under the $3,000 price tag, it seems a little over priced even for Bitmain.  Just trying to figure out what I might be missing.

Math is fun! Cheesy

Basic breakdown is that neither unit will ROI, even with free power, at the current diff growth and exchange rate.  The difference is an S2 = ~6xS1's, although an S2 uses approx half the power of 6 S1's.  Technically speaking you'll get closer to breaking even with an S1, but it would basically require free power plus selling the unit before September/2014 when the cost to operate is much greater than the generated BTC.  

In finance terms, it is more affordable to spend the same cash equivalent on BTC directly since it will guarantee a return instantly as opposed to either S1 or S2 which will never ROI and eventually hit the point where you pay more to operate the unit than you receive monthly.  Plus then you don't deal with shipping, potential hardware defects, the RMA process, power / heat / maintenance, etc.

Bitmain is basically selling to suckers at this point.  Good on anyone who has mythical math that makes this hardware worthwhile anymore.  I wouldn't hold my breath on an S3, I was able to get a Gridseed shipped from Hong Kong before I could get Bitmain to reply to an email.

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: