Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:59:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SELL ALL YOUR FIAT AND LIVE 100% CRYPTO!!!!  (Read 2423 times)
cryptohoodz (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:55:05 PM

A while ago (2017) there was this Dutch family that sold all their assets for BTC and is now traveling around the world. He had around 500k USD worth of BTC and expects it will at least make 5x in the next 3 years. In the meanwhile, they are living modestly and using 20% of their cryptos to trade.

Would you dare to do the same? Sell all your FIAT for CRYPTO?

Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:29:22 PM

Do you maybe have a link to an article about this family since I would be interested in reading a fascinating story like that? Smiley

But to answer your question, because it's an interesting one. I really don't know, since I don't have that kind of money. But if I would have, I guess I would invest in crypto, yes. Just not 100% of assets and I definitely wouldn't go around selling any of my beloved physical possessions or family heritage for that matter. But most definitely not if I would have a family. It's a rash decision, really. You need to be brave to do something like that, especially if you have a family. Imagine losing everything and think about the children. Somehow you need to bring them up. If you have $500,000 in possession already, why risk it? Cheesy But usually, people with money get more money and those with cents, lose even those cents. Sadly, that is how the world works. Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
izmirligencforvet

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:30:56 PM

This is very risky. all  eggs are not in the same basket. I think you should distribute the risk. It's a very wavesly place in crypto.

silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:36:51 PM

I would not do the same thing as they did, because as we all know, cryptocurrency is a very risky investment, What if the cryptocurrency suddenly crashes, what will happen to you. That why I always stick to the sayings that, ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. I think this saying is a very reasonable and the most smart way to do with your money. Balance crypto and daily living.
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:40:36 PM

That is what i cannot do. I can't sell all my fiat for crypto, because I have a policy when it comes to any investment, either in crypto or any other area of investment. I only invest what i can afford to loose. Perhaps the family that sold all fiat for crypto can afford to do, but i tell you it is quite risky. Well business is all about risk.
It is possible that after the 3 years projected, they may be among the richest in the world.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:41:35 PM

Sell all your fiat?  How do you sell cash?  You mean buy cryptocurrencies with all your fiat and that's a horrible financial thing to do.  Cryptocurrencies can lead to great fortunes but going all-in in anything is a huge mistake and puts your back against the wall.  
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:43:42 PM

Selling all your assets and money to invest in crypto is not a wise move for me, only invest that you can afford comfortably, also diversification is the best strategy, you can own multiple real world and crypto assets and make money from all streams while lowering the risk.

DedvTapkax

Activity: 420

Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:47:12 PM

These people sold the property and invested in crypto before the market fell. In December, everything was very good, but the next few months could drive investors crazy. I'm not ready to take so much risk.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:49:28 PM

A very strong statement, but I think that this should not be done, because in that case you are in a very dangerous situation, suddenly the crypto-currencies will start to fall again? Have you thought about this? Probably you need to somehow insure your investments? Most likely it will be more correct than a simple investment.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:52:13 PM

A while ago (2017) there was this Dutch family that sold all their assets for BTC and is now traveling around the world. He had around 500k USD worth of BTC and expects it will at least make 5x in the next 3 years. In the meanwhile, they are living modestly and using 20% of their cryptos to trade.

That family certainly did a risky thing and I might admit that they are very brave.
I'm not talking anything BS against crypto because I have faith in it. But selling 100% of your assets to invest in crypto is insane.
What will happen if their invest takes a negative turn? They will be in road, begging for the rest of their life. That's not a smart move at all I believe.
CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:53:20 PM

Do you maybe have a link to an article about this family since I would be interested in reading a fascinating story like that? Smiley

But to answer your question, because it's an interesting one. I really don't know, since I don't have that kind of money. But if I would have, I guess I would invest in crypto, yes. Just not 100% of assets and I definitely wouldn't go around selling any of my beloved physical possessions or family heritage for that matter. But most definitely not if I would have a family. It's a rash decision, really. You need to be brave to do something like that, especially if you have a family. Imagine losing everything and think about the children. Somehow you need to bring them up. If you have $500,000 in possession already, why risk it? Cheesy But usually, people with money get more money and those with cents, lose even those cents. Sadly, that is how the world works. Cheesy

It's in Dutch, but maybe Google Translate will help: https://www.businessinsider.nl/limburger-zet-huis-te-koop-voor-85-bitcoin/

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:59:29 PM

Nope I would never do that. You are giving example of one successful person but there are many more failures that are out there as well.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/heartbroken-families-lose-life-savings-catastrophic-crash-bitconnect-cryptocurrency-7242067/

Even though this link is for bitconnect crash, would you think about getting out of crypto just by reading above news?
CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 08:01:31 PM

Oh, apparently another Dutch couple put up their house for sale in 2014 for 877.5 bitcoin. (https://www.ad.nl/economie/huis-in-rotterdam-te-koop-voor-877-5-aan-bitcoins~aad8adf0/)
I can't find if it eventually was sold.

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
maliboom

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:15:29 PM

I read this story in some newspaper. In my opinion, however, now it is no longer time for these perrformances. The transition from fiat to cypt will be continuous but very slow
JanCoppens

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:22:12 PM

I do not think it's possible to live 100% crypto. As you say, they have to sell 20% of their crypto (so, turn it into fiat) in order to be able to live. You can't pay school bills in crypto.
Ciucas

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 08:28:16 PM

Come on, it's not possible to live 100% of crypto. You still need to convert some for fiat just for everyday use.
Maybe, in the future when you will be able to pay everything with cryptocurrency it would be possible to do this though.

KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:32:52 PM

You have to admire people like that, they live life to the fullest and don't worry about the ordinary bills and daily grind. There are a few people that have sold their assets for crypto, mostly property. Now would be the best time to do it while the market is down and about to rise.

liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:40:46 PM

Profitable, but have a very high risk it is commonly called the Martingale Strategy. The main basis of this strategy is that sooner or later the price will rise far beyond the boundary of the flatlining of earnings. I think this strategy this's not much different from the long-term investments we often make maybe this strategy used by a Dutch family.
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:52:53 PM

I saw news last autumn one family with two or tree children did same stupid decision at BTC price 14.000
Gamble and crazy attempt, I think. Especially with children.

Oasisman

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 08:58:20 PM

That would be a very risky move, selling all their assets, you mean everything? Are they using btc to sustain their daily needs? I think they still have a few cents for their daily needs, but majority of their assets was put to btc.
We'll having a huge amount of Btc while travelling around the world made sense.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: