Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:10:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SELL ALL YOUR FIAT AND LIVE 100% CRYPTO!!!!  (Read 2423 times)
kdiag

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:26:16 AM

this is a very risky step, it takes a lot of courage, they are very lucky. I would not have been able to do this, since my family will be totally against me.
dalimex

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:03:39 AM

If people really believe and are able to pass bad times with patience, I think investing in bitcoin will get results in the future. But I think most people also need balance. I do not think there will be 1% of the community who will sell all of his for bitcoin.
w33man

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:05:27 AM

A while ago (2017) there was this Dutch family that sold all their assets for BTC and is now traveling around the world. He had around 500k USD worth of BTC and expects it will at least make 5x in the next 3 years. In the meanwhile, they are living modestly and using 20% of their cryptos to trade.

Would you dare to do the same? Sell all your FIAT for CRYPTO?

It is risky and it can be profitable or it can even end up in a bad way. It's not advisable to invest all-in in crypto since it's market is volatile. Imagine selling all your assets and suddenly the next day you are penniless and the market crashed so hard. This will be frustrating. Better to stay safe and invest only the amount you can afford to lose.
saras008

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:21:01 AM

Maybe I will not do it, but I think I pretty much invested my money in crypto than with all my possessions. But for everything I think I'm not willing to bear the risks.
zbaharudin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:39:31 AM

Perhaps investing in crypto is the greatest opportunity for now, but some may find it more secure to diversify because as we understand, crypto is also potentially having bad weeks or maybe months.
manlyxman

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:41:21 AM

A while ago (2017) there was this Dutch family that sold all their assets for BTC and is now traveling around the world. He had around 500k USD worth of BTC and expects it will at least make 5x in the next 3 years. In the meanwhile, they are living modestly and using 20% of their cryptos to trade.

I think if they had $500k to sell like that, they were well off already and didn't face much of a risk.

For everyone else though, selling 100% of your fiat for crypto is really risky and I would not recommend it Grin
Valermos

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:42:05 AM

For me, it is not a wise decision to invest your money in a bucket. A wise investor always divide his investment into different parts. That's why portfolio is invented for us to have different coins. We can invest in bitcoin but we should also left a savings and investment in our real life. Atleast, if there is an emergency and BTC will fall down, we have assurance we have money to be withdrawn.

well, I wonder how this Dutch family pay for their trips, guess still in fiat =) I am also agree on the diversification strategy, crypto is very risky and volatile. If the family would put all their fiat in crypto in December, they would have a big loss

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
costgranda

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:49:19 AM

Sell all FIAT for cryptocurrency very risky. The market of cryptocurrencies is very not predictable. Your assets can grow several times or fall down several times. I consider that it is necessary to invest the sum which you aren't afraid to lose in cryptocurrency!
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:51:39 AM

If anyone is going to do that, I can ensure that they're truly idiots. Where will you live after you sell everything to invest in cryptocurrency? If this family invested in BTC at the end of last year, I can ensure that at the moment, all of them are crying because of BTC price Smiley). Don't do that, you just should invest the amount of money that you have and don't know you should invest in which.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:52:01 AM

I think I would not do such a thing, because for me it is too risky. and maybe I also have plans to invest with big money in crypto but it will not be more than 50%.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:59:06 AM

Looking at the risk of cryptocurrency I dare not to divert all fiat money into bitcoin. I am not ready to lose so much that there is still a possibility to double the fiat money with bitcoin. I always think the worst outcome when doing an investment, and the worst result should be prepared both mentally and materially.
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:15:23 PM

Although it does sound ideal in theory, I don't think it would be the safest choice in reality. What if something happens one day and the whole crypto market collapses and his coins are worthless or lost? It's not wise not to have any assets. If he losses his cryptocurrencies he will have nothing. No job, no fiat money, no social insurance contribution to assure a pension for his future. I don't think anyone can live completely independent from the centralized system.
IndzheborgC

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:38:52 PM

In 2014, one person tried to sell his house for 877.5 bitcoins (or $ 8,599,500 in today's prices). The article also says that so far, no houses have been sold for the bitcoins.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:42:13 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 02:33:49 PM by w5pn73

In 2014, one person tried to sell his house for 877.5 bitcoins (or $ 8,599,500 in today's prices). The article also says that so far, no houses have been sold for the bitcoins.

In the United Kingdom you can buy and sell houses with bitcoin, some realtors have expressed some serious interest in it.
I just quickly skimmed the article I read about it, but there seemed to be some nice tax advantages if you buy a house with bitcoin.
zmeddy

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:11:58 PM

Wrong approach to money! Never keep all your money in one basket! You can not say that one thing 100 percent is good, but other thing 100 percent is bad.

You always take risks. You should always remember that you need to invest money, only those that you are not afraid to lose.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:13:48 PM

I dont think I can do that. First of all there is too much at stake and the risk is very high. If crypto market drops, all your money and assests will go down with it, but if the market soar high, so as your money. So its a 50-50 chance and I cant take that chance involving all my assets. Maybe I'll just put some portion of my assets into crypto but not all of it.
I can bet that mostly everyone will not do that. That was a high level of risk for anyone to take and when I saw this news back then, a lot of people said so many things on how stupid this guy must have been for taking such a risk at the detriment of his family. These guy practically sold everything, rented an apartment, started trading some part of it, and I guess it is paying well for him obviously now, considering the time this happened but like you said, that was more like a 50-50 chance which can be classified as a gamble, and too much risk to take in at once.
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:22:00 PM

I am sure that such an act is very risky, but it has a chance of success. And in case of a positive result, your capital can grow tens of times.
Yeah, it is obviously a very risky thing to do and it takes a lot of balls for anyone to ever be able to do so, but I believe this guy is living very fine now as that would have been a risky thing worth it eventually based on when this story went round the net. However, in the real sense, it is basically an insane thing to do that could have ended up backfiring for him, so I would rather say he just got fortunate and anyone trying to copy him may not just be that fortunate.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:22:37 PM

For me, it is not a wise decision to invest your money in a bucket. A wise investor always divide his investment into different parts. That's why portfolio is invented for us to have different coins. We can invest in bitcoin but we should also left a savings and investment in our real life. Atleast, if there is an emergency and BTC will fall down, we have assurance we have money to be withdrawn.
Probably he saw something we all could not see and decided to tap into it. I read this story anyway and in the video I am sure the wife was basically looking at his husband like I hope you know what you are doing. This happened way back last year when the value of a bitcoin was still hovering around $4000, and from the look of things, I believe it is paying him well now.

The fact that he has even decided to use 20% of that to trade is enough for anyone to do pretty well and live well in the short term. Going with all-in is not at all recommended by any experts as it is a deviation of perfect trading plans. Not only with our capital money but with our savings too, we must follow the basics of diversification principles.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:50:22 PM

I exchanged all my USD Tether holdings  from the profits of past trades to various crypto assets. Thats all my risks at the moment. It is amount that can be lost without hurtful, that allows me get psychological comfort.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:52:29 PM

this is a very risky step, it takes a lot of courage, they are very lucky. I would not have been able to do this, since my family will be totally against me.
Yeah, they are just pretty much lucky because any risk that is way beyond normal reasoning and the person getting the best from it is pretty much just luck as it could have been the other way round. I am not sure I can actually do something like this as well as that was way too off the hook and it only takes someone with so much gut and a don't care attitude to pull this off.

He actually said it back then, that he believes this is the future and even if anything happens, the worst is that he will have to start over, but a risk he is willing to take. It paid him off though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: