Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:48:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] paccoin a new SHA256D coin is being introduced  (Read 136449 times)
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 11:58:49 PM

Please someone help guide me, never done a POS as I'm very new to this.  Can I just let my coins sit on tradesatoshi or should I send them all to the pac wallet?

I suggest... let them sit on tradesatoshi for now.

Again, like I mentioned earlier, the reports I've seem are:
1. Windows defender  or antivirus deleted the pac wallet exe file, causing user panic and reinstall the wallet, erasing their dat file
2. Stuck transaction to yobit and cryptopia due to wallet maintenance

Norton Security also quarantined my windows wallet program, so I had it restored from quarantine and got rid of Norton Security.
I use AVG and Malwarebytes which I have had no problems.

I had similar problems happening to other wallets in the past and per recommendations at that time, I have been using Kaspersky  without any new problem.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
happyworldgate

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:04:58 AM

Thank you for all messages.  I was told to download PAC wallet from here https://wallets.paccoin.net/#faq.

Now, the wallet is at https://www.paccoinofficial.com/

Please let me know which on is correct because when Cryptopia removes the restriction, I have to transfer my coins to the correct wallet for the swap.  Please help letting me know which wallet is correct.

Thanks a million!
derstuka

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:15:47 AM

Mr Corlass thinks he owns paccoin?  Why he not fix it?  FRAUD.  Stay away from bad man he sounds very frustrated and desprate.  HOW MANY PAC HAVE YOU MR CORLASS?  Why you worry so much?  If your coin is so good why not let burn?  You can hold yours and have happiness!
ScorpioCrypto

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:36:09 AM

How do I mine PACcoin? Or is it too late..?
happyworldgate

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:44:26 AM

Yes, I would like to know to mine PAC coin or any coin.  Kindly give detail instructions.

Thank you.
breakcrypto

Activity: 74
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:01:11 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 01:15:03 AM by breakcrypto

I agree with you as I have no lost transaction experience with the existing system.

The only reports that I have seem with my own eyes, is that transactions are frozen to yobit/cryptopia and that's because of the maintenance mode

No field report of lost transaction has been observed.

At this point of time, I believe majority of the paccoin holders could care less about staking.  It's the transaction capability that is in question.

As I have stated it was breakcrypto's fork that caused the syncing issues with the exchanges. Tell those guys to shut down those wallets, they are impacting financial transactions.

Bill, ever heard of libel? How is it possible that my fork BROKE your dumb-ass chain when your chain was forking before I ever even investigated PAC? Go look at the explorer logs, it was broken LONG, LONG, LONG before I ever submitted a patch (a working f*ing patch for that matter) to try and help out with your broken-ass coin.

Your acceptance logic isn't based on height which means it's broken because it can rewind. It can rewind, mainly, by old, large wallets that have a lot of stake -- who has that? I sure as hell don't I was mining the damn coin when I noticed my transactions missing.

If you want to claim I broke the coin -- like you are -- go for it. Look up the definition of libel and considered the bullshit you're spewing next time. Nothing you've said is even remotely accurate regarding your own damn code base yet no one has every said anything to dispute any of the evidence (that's what truth is based on...) I posted publicly.

breakcrypto.
Pacvobiscum

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:13:14 AM

Mr. Corless  How do we know this is you and not an impostor?  From what I have read and heard is that Mr. William Corless was paid to give up the domain name and the DNS info to the new dev team?

Here is the Confirmation from Mr. Corless who gave the baton to the new team from page 39 quote # 773

Activity: 135

paccoin

View Profile  WWW  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: [ANNOUNCE] paccoin a new SHA256D coin is being introduced
November 13, 2017, 01:33:18 PM
Reply with quote  #773
I've been talking with the new developers. I believe they have some great ideas, and can improve the value of the coin. So I'm going to Pass the Baton if you will and let them take the coin over. I think they can do a great job.

Bill
Pacvobiscum

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:21:14 AM

Mr. Corless

If you are not an impostor.  Can you prove to us that you are the real Mr. Corless?  Will you deny that you have received payment in paccoins for all domain names and rights to PAC coin?
I am new to  Crypto, but I like to do my research before I invest.  I really like this coin, the new dev team and the Pac community.  Why would you create such a confusion if you have nothing to lose? 
How much PAC did the new dev team pay you Mr. Corless?  The new dev team created value and now you came into the mix to creat FUD.

wmcorless (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:27:23 AM

Bill, ever heard of libel? How is it possible that my fork BROKE your dumb-ass chain when your chain was forking before I ever even investigated PAC? Go look at the explorer logs, it was broken LONG, LONG, LONG before I ever submitted a patch (a working f*ing patch for that matter) to try and help out with your broken-ass coin.

Your acceptance logic isn't based on height which means it's broken because it can rewind. It can rewind, mainly, by old, large wallets that have a lot of stake -- who has that? I sure as hell don't I was mining the damn coin when I noticed my transactions missing.

If you want to claim I broke the coin -- like you are -- go for it. Look up the definition of libel and considered the bullshit you're spewing next time. Nothing you've said is even remotely accurate regarding your own damn code base yet no one has every said anything to dispute any of the evidence (that's what truth is based on...) I posted publicly.

breakcrypto.

It is supposed to rewind when you have two blocks with the same blockheight, one is a mined block and one is a proof of stake block, it is supposed to give preference to proof of stake, that is why the mining is mostly orphans now. If you get a block mining, good. But the reason is mining should be not be encouraged, rather you should buy your coins on the exchanges and let them stake.
your version keeps both on a fork and therefore the users mine coins that are worthless.
libel is when you make a false statement about someone, please show me where I made a false statement.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:31:15 AM

Mr. Corless

If you are not an impostor.  Can you prove to us that you are the real Mr. Corless?  Will you deny that you have received payment in paccoins for all domain names and rights to PAC coin?
I am new to  Crypto, but I like to do my research before I invest.  I really like this coin, the new dev team and the Pac community.  Why would you create such a confusion if you have nothing to lose? 
How much PAC did the new dev team pay you Mr. Corless?  The new dev team created value and now you came into the mix to creat FUD.

I sold the domain names to Saul. Is there some contract I don't know about?

Got Paccoin?
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:37:52 AM

breakcrypto.

It is supposed to rewind when you have two blocks with the same blockheight, one is a mined block and one is a proof of stake block, it is supposed to give preference to proof of stake, that is why the mining is mostly orphans now. If you get a block mining, good. But the reason is mining should be not be encouraged, rather you should buy your coins on the exchanges and let them stake.
your version keeps both on a fork and therefore the users mine coins that are worthless.
libel is when you make a false statement about someone, please show me where I made a false statement.

1) Your chain rewinds over PoS transactions -- so what you said makes no sense. It also rewinds several hundred blocks. If PoW was internally supposed to be discarded, then it should be removed from the code. Right now your chain forks constantly due to conflicts. My change lets trust win as long as the height is higher so multiple blocks on the same height would select the higher of the two (aka. PoS) but keep the chain from rewinding when a backwards PoS block comes in. Aka. stop rewinds and fix the coin.

2) You said my fork broke your chain -- in writing -- that's 100% verifiably false. Your chain -- as you claim is by intention -- was doing EXACTLY what it's still doing long before my "fork" ever existed. You just said it's designed to do that, so how is it possible that my fork broke it? That was accurate and truthful statement? Don't think so -- blatantly false. Don't blame your broken chain on me, I tried to fix it.

breakcrypto

p.s. Research libel per se -- some good stuff in there. Keep blaming me and you can find out all about it. Pick your battles Bill... this is the wrong one, I promise you that.
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:40:04 AM

Mr Corlass thinks he owns paccoin?  Why he not fix it?  FRAUD.  Stay away from bad man he sounds very frustrated and desprate.  HOW MANY PAC HAVE YOU MR CORLASS?  Why you worry so much?  If your coin is so good why not let burn?  You can hold yours and have happiness!

Paccoin works perfectly, this "patch" is what causes the network to become unstable. when your wallet drops out of sync randomly, its because it was on a fork and is working its way back to sync. This could be caused by the patch or normal operation.

I have plenty of coins, so I have a stake in it.  I'm not interested in burning money.

If you want to give your coins to someone to burn, that's your business. (they'll probably use them for proof of stake).

Got Paccoin?
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:43:20 AM

Paccoin works perfectly, this "patch" is what causes the network to become unstable. when your wallet drops out of sync randomly, its because it was on a fork and is working its way back to sync. This could be caused by the patch or normal operation.

I have plenty of coins, so I have a stake in it.  I'm not interested in burning money.

If you want to give your coins to someone to burn, that's your business. (they'll probably use them for proof of stake).

How does my "patch" break your coin? Your coin was doing all this before I ever even loaded it back up some 4+ years later. As far as I know, no one has even bothered to pull the source I posted or even run it. I don't even have the pac wallet running on my boxes anymore, I abandoned it long ago when you clearly had no intention of dealing with the issues.

God help me...
thienytcc88

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:45:53 AM

Not interesting coin, SHA256 is the same BTC. Why don't have any pools for POS or the POW phrase had already ended that no necessary of pool?

PACCOIN PAC

SPECIFICATIONS

• SHA256D Proof of Stake
  • 500 coins per block
  • 1 Minute Block Time

DOWNLOADS

WINDOWS

http://www.paccoinofficial.com

Block Explorer

http://paccoinexplorer.com

SOURCE CODE

https://github.com/PaccoinCommunity/Paccoin

Sample paccoin.conf
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=8212
server=1

PORTS

• P2P Port:  8112
  • RPC Port:  8212

POOLS

None

EXCHANGES

Cryptopia.co.nz https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=PAC_BTC
Tradesatoshi.com https://tradesatoshi.com/Exchange/?market=PAC_BTC
Novaexchange https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_PAC/
Pacexc https://pacexc.com (coming soon)
Yobit.net https://yobit.net/en/trade/PAC/BTC

Official Websites:
http://www.paccoinofficial.com

Edit 1/23/2018 - Separating from Paccoin community and posting of official website.
Edit 12/16/2017 - New websites added to reflect Paccoin community websites.
EDIT July 28, 2014 - Please upgrade to new client dated July 15, 2014
Edit February 20, 2017 - New Exchanges Added
Edit November 1, 2017 - New Exchange Added, link to wallet updated.
Pacvobiscum

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:49:23 AM

Mr. Corless  

Thank you for your quick response, I was just looking for information.  
One more question, if you sold the domain name and the rights to the coin to Saul, who owns the new www.paccoinofficial.com website, and what is this for?  I am confused.
Which site to I go to download the wallet for Pac coin?  Are the wallets from the 2 different sites the same wallet?  Which one is upgraded with the exchanges if the wallets differ?
Thank you for the information you have provided.  
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:49:43 AM

Forks occur all the time even with bitcoin, when a block is rejected by the network it is a fork.
"Reorganize" is what you see in debug.log that will tell you how many blocks are dropped and the chain reorganizes. This is normal with all coins.
Your patch does not respect this process and simply lets the blocks accumulate causing a rejected block to continue to grow.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:51:47 AM

Mr. Corless  

Thank you for your quick response, I was just looking for information.  
One more question, if you sold the domain name and the rights to the coin to Saul, who owns the new www.paccoinofficial.com website, and what is this for?  I am confused.
Which site to I go to download the wallet for Pac coin?  Are the wallets from the 2 different sites the same wallet?  Which one is upgraded with the exchanges if the wallets differ?
Thank you for the information you have provided.  

I own Paccoinofficial.com

As far as I'm concerned you can use either one at this point the only difference right now is the logo.

However since I'm not in control of the development of paccoin.net I am very concerned about the coins going in different ways in the future.

Got Paccoin?
breakcrypto

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:54:32 AM

Forks occur all the time even with bitcoin, when a block is rejected by the network it is a fork.
"Reorganize" is what you see in debug.log that will tell you how many blocks are dropped and the chain reorganizes. This is normal with all coins.
Your patch does not respect this process and simply lets the blocks accumulate causing a rejected block to continue to grow.

The blockchain grows by height, the height controls the chain. If someone had enough hashing power the higher chain wins, that's how the blockchain works. Your chain is eating itself alive because it's based on a broken calculation of trust. Regardless, I don't care -- it's broken, I posted proof it was broken, everyone knows it's broken and I'm just wasting time talking about it.

Anyway, what I want to know is:

please explain to me again how the patch I submitted magically went back in time and broke you broken coin.

I'm still curious cause that wasn't a false statement right?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:55:48 AM

Not interesting coin, SHA256 is the same BTC. Why don't have any pools for POS or the POW phrase had already ended that no necessary of pool?

The reason is we don't want to encourage mining the coins.
Besides PoS overrules PoW which causes the difficulty to go lower. There is no need for pools. The reason bitcoin and other sha256d coins went to pools is the difficulty would rise so high you need a pool to get any block reward.

With Paccoins proof of stake you get huge rewards. So the incentive is to buy the coins.
No other coin pays like paccoin.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:58:31 AM

The blockchain grows by height, the height controls the chain. If someone had enough hashing power the higher chain wins, that's how the blockchain works. Your chain is eating itself alive because it's based on a broken calculation of trust. Regardless of the pac chain.

Please explain to me again how the patch I submitted magically went back in time and broke you broken coin. I'm still curious cause that wasn't a false statement right?

You are still missing the point. This is a proof of stake blockchain. Read Peercoins white paper to understand what proof of stake is about.

Got Paccoin?
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: