Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's getting frothy, and I'm dumping 75% of my coins  (Read 13614 times)
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:14:53 PM

man, i am thankful for this thread. whenever the sell-itching starts i read it out loud.

Indeed.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:20:23 PM

if i were OP i wouldn't really care that much.. 100 coins is plenty. he's made a lot of money and if it hits 10k, he'll have millions.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:32:47 PM

if i were OP i wouldn't really care that much.. 100 coins is plenty. he's made a lot of money and if it hits 10k, he'll have millions.

Correction.  A million.  Singular.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
maz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:39:40 PM

To be fair, he never done anything bad. It's just that his timing was terrible.

Who would have thought we would have been at 1224 today when the price was at 300.
im3w1l

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:52:06 PM

I value honesty above niceness.  I hate the way modern society seems to prefer dishonest niceness.

*hugs*

LOL...hugs back, nervously.

nice
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:13:38 AM

hmmm, I would call bitcoin stable when it spends months between 120 and 150

however it seems some believe stable is going from 150 to 400 in under 1 month?

yeah it could go to 500, 800, 1000........   but when this thing goes into full panic it falls faster than anything i have ever seen. So for me, nothanks. If it makes it to 1000 I'll sell all my remaining 25%.

Seems nice plan, so now out of Bitcoins and waiting for the unevitable crash ?
beetcoin

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:03:20 AM

when you guys cash out, do you prepare yourselves to pay capital gains taxes or what? it seems like it would be a headache.. i've yet to do it.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:40:15 AM

Gox $445 lol

wow the froth is foaming at the mouth now

I am now 90% out

the chart is now literally almost vertical lol

check the chart now jason, now *thats* vertical.

i am satoshi
beetcoin

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:17:13 AM

well, he did say he'd sell at $1k if it gets there.. i wonder if he's changed his mind or if he's sticking to the plan? either way, you'll come out making some sweet cash, so no biggie.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:59:14 AM

well, he did say he'd sell at $1k if it gets there.. i wonder if he's changed his mind or if he's sticking to the plan? either way, you'll come out making some sweet cash, so no biggie.

He cashed out 100% way before $1000 - around $500 I think. He mentioned it in another thread.

He has been conspiciously absent here recently. Wink

But he's in this for the thrill - for the trading experience - he sees it only as a speculation, that's how his mind works. And that's fine. Most people won't understand the potential of bitcoin until that potential is realized. That is just the way of the world.

If Bitcoin flys up from here and then "crashes" or strongly "corrects" we will see Jason again.

Maybe.
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:02:27 AM

Hey windjc, as a brilliant visionary I'd love to know more about you. What do you do for a living?

Elon Krusky
beetcoin

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:26:29 AM

He cashed out 100% way before $1000 - around $500 I think. He mentioned it in another thread.

But he's in this for the thrill - for the trading experience - he sees it only as a speculation, that's how his mind works. And that's fine. Most people won't understand the potential of bitcoin until that potential is realized. That is just the way of the world.

If Bitcoin flys up from here and then "crashes" or strongly "corrects" we will see Jason again.

Maybe.

he's still a winner no matter what.. maybe not as much as some others, but so what? he still came out ahead. i think the smart thing would have been to sell less off over time, but hey it's his life.
fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:36:02 AM

Maybe.

he's still a winner no matter what.. maybe not as much as some others, but so what? he still came out ahead. i think the smart thing would have been to sell less off over time, but hey it's his life.
sounds like  you are talking at his eulogy LOL
beetcoin

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:55:04 AM

Maybe.

sounds like  you are talking at his eulogy LOL

i just feel a little bad for the guy, because i'd be pulling my hair out if it happened to me. he still made money either way, so the glass is equally full as it is empty.

then again, fuck that.. he's made a lot more money than me. no pity for you sir!
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:39:24 AM

I pity the fool who sells his bitcoin

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:04:23 AM

Just read this thread for the first time today.  I can see why OP thought it was a good time to sell.  I too thought at the time that it seemed like an unlikely rise.  Bitcoin had been pretty stagnant for a while.  

Thankfully hubby and I are long term holders.  Partially for tax reasons.  Partially because we don't have a large amount compared to many really.  We don't want to mess with claiming anything on them this year.  Next year should be fun.

But I really appreciate some of the posts on the forum about the best strategies for taking profits.  It seems that a tiered sell off is a great way to go.  I think the riskiest thing to do is to sell them all in one lump because we really do not know what is going to happen long term.

Granted, people have different goals and purposes for investing and most people that have sold have made impressive gains that have helped their lives significantly.  Who knows, we might be the crazy ones for holding without reaping any profits but it sure has been an exciting adventure.  Grin

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: