Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:36:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How could war affect crypto?  (Read 1504 times)
air_droper

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:02:18 PM

How could war affect crypto?

I think that since cryptocurrency is gaining popularity and demand in the market, its price will grow regardless of the military moods in the world. In addition, the anonymity of transactions is another huge plus in her direction. The cryptocurrency market will exist even in time of war. That's my opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
idioma1

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:06:10 PM

Crypto is a good way for terrorists to buy weapons and it is so bad...
berezov_petro

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:08:12 PM

I think that a war can very badly affect the market crippling goods. It is also very bad that terrorists can sell weapons for cryptocurrency, this phenomenon needs to be fought. Cryptocurrency is designed to help people and not harm them !!!

justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:55:54 PM

Yeah definitely wars affect not just cryptocurrencies even the whole economy of specific country itself why because the stock exchange, offices and markets will be closed and also at the site of conflict although if the war ignited on a country that have small users of bitcoin i don't think the price will go down but when the superpowers declare war on each other well expect that bitcoin price will drop significantly
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:33:39 AM

At war times,people prefer to store their assets in stable forms like gold rather than traditional money. and with the rise of crypto,i expect that people will go also to it which may lead to an increase in demand and therefore spike in price.

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:40:59 AM

I sincerely hope there is other way than internet to access cryptocurrency! I have heard strange idea on how cryptocurrency can be sent in case of internet shut down! e.g sending through micowaves signal etc War can affect communications and thats incliude internet!
danielcansil

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:09:24 AM

I guess the bad effects on the entire economy of the world, and crypto will be effect much or less, but due to the benefits of crypto it will be less damaged than other currencies, because in war, everyone will want to keep their money safe from the government and everyone so the need to use crypto will increase, but no matter what war will only bring negative effects on the world so i won't hope it will happen.
Marsyam

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:30:36 AM

If I am private, I do not know anything. I am also not living in the country there. And I also have doubts if crypto continues to work during the war. And if the war happens, it will adversely affect all aspects of life, war will make the eyes money is severely affected because the war will destroy all means of accessing the cryptocurrency.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:36:03 AM

I guess the bad effects on the entire economy of the world, and crypto will be effect much or less, but due to the benefits of crypto it will be less damaged than other currencies, because in war, everyone will want to keep their money safe from the government and everyone so the need to use crypto will increase, but no matter what war will only bring negative effects on the world so i won't hope it will happen.

bitcoin still has a dependency conversion through USD and other fiat currencies, if the war affect the real world economy it will affect crypto currency, many traders will not move actively and even disturb volume due to panic, but this only happens for big war because all market concentration will stop for an unspecified time.
Faeton

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:53:46 AM

If the war is local, then in the zone of military conflict and in the territories adjacent to it, the crypto currency will rise very much in value. If the war is global, and will seize many states, the destruction will be huge, then probably the crypto currency will not go around and will be forgotten. In any case, for the period of military operations and the restoration of the disrupted Internet. However, it is better not to experience it in practice.

ryantc

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:05:34 AM

I think crypto will be a safe haven for people in the event of a war, given that our access to internet isn't completely obliterated. If that's the case, you'd better hope to have a few gold bars in your safe!
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:23:35 AM

If the war is local, then in the zone of military conflict and in the territories adjacent to it, the crypto currency will rise very much in value. If the war is global, and will seize many states, the destruction will be huge, then probably the crypto currency will not go around and will be forgotten. In any case, for the period of military operations and the restoration of the disrupted Internet. However, it is better not to experience it in practice.
Cryptocurrencies, in large part, must be redeemed for a fiat currency as the cryptocurrency trading infrastructure is still developing. In wartime, this becomes an even more critical issue as the internet is a critical means of communication, and cutting off communications is a war planner priority.
minthit

Activity: 325

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:37:29 AM

Since value in cryptocurrency is easy to carry around, probably demand will increase.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:54:48 AM

I think this is one of the major concerns of regulatory authorities, the anonymous funding of negative factions of society. And as such war can only affect crypto negatively.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:56:45 AM

If a war happens in a country which is a major market of cryptocurrency, I believe it will pump up the market.
People in war would try to reserve their asset, and cryptocurrency is a good option, better than gold.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:20:30 AM

If a war happens in a country which is a major market of cryptocurrency, I believe it will pump up the market.
People in war would try to reserve their asset, and cryptocurrency is a good option, better than gold.
We can't say that completely, there's still problem with crypto in times of wars, internet will be a problem since wars will also affect the
communications, most of the time the first thing in mind of those who are declaring wars are the communication facilities and for sure
they will trigger the internet, so possibility that instead of storing bitcoin most of the investors will favor gold assets as they can easily
convert it in any countries that they will go.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:41:04 AM

I think it would affect badly, because the market is still in early stage. Bitcoin is like gold but bitcoin is very speculative so I think it would lose value.

Zeleznyak

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:43:01 AM

How could war affect crypto?
well, in General, it is difficult to influence the crypto currency, if this question implies growth, then the crypto currency needs good advertising or news that it will be used somewhere on any site or anywhere else. Or to the big players of the stock market have conspired and bought it:) But this is usually silent.
mullzerwar

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:35:32 AM

Talking about the war, it seems too complicated and horrible, Many things and terms or conditions may lead the war and may give bad influence on something. Every war will give negative impact, bad impacts. It is not only talking about one person but also everybody involves din the warn including the society. related to the crypto, I think it may influence. As this crypto is used by many people in the world. The war may affect the continuity or stability of the coins. But, it should not be too afraid or worried about the statement. I'm sure that everybody today has their better consideration of all things happen surrounding their life.
tuikindu01

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:40:35 AM

I think the war will take the encrypted currency to a new level, and the black market weapons can be traded easily without being tracked. Cryptocurrency makes it possible because it has the unique characteristics of anonymity. But it is easy for people to hoard recent assets rather than gold by encrypting money.

Although war would be good for cryptocurrency, I don't want to see war.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: