Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How could war affect crypto?  (Read 1504 times)
boss1dg

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:56:13 PM

I think so, buying weapons for war has made easier thanks to the help of cryptocurrency. The terrorist can use Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies as a means of payment to buy guns and fund deadly attacks.

and before bitcoin what they were using ?
big terrorists dont need crypto to survive , they do trade weapons with oil like in syria . so crypto is just blamed blindly for these criminal acts .
i do agree with crypto their payment system will be more easier , but it will not affect that much . after regulation we can tackle it bcoz at a point someone will withdraw them in USD and will have to show source .

also query was how war will affect crypto .

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:02:46 PM

How could war affect crypto?
War has a great impact on crypto because people won't be thinking about trading or doing campaigns during this time! I mean, your country is in chaos so instinctly you'll be more concerned with safekeeping your life! The economy will surely drop and almost everything will be on a halt. This includes cryptocurrencies. The community will be less active with pretty much everything because of this war. And so the crypto market will surely be affected.

boss1dg

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:05:41 PM

during time of war fiat currency lose its value and if you are on side of victim nation which lost the war then fiat may be same crisis like zimbawe and other nations . however if you invested money in gold or silver then you are safe bcoz they don't lose their value . you can trade those assets with current value of fiat .
crypto is backed by demand and popularity so if popularity is not affected then having crypto is also safe option . but still i will say gold and silver are best investments in such conditions .

pheonyx

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:09:17 PM

Before war happens there is a big preparation,so I believe it will affect the price of few cryptos specially bitcoin to become more expensive.  Because using cryptocurrency is the safest way to become free from any possible questions from the government that leads to possible leak and affect the plan.
gawuk

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:58:11 PM

If the war rages and gets bigger, maybe the value of the property or the stock will fall. The real sector will also be chaotic. That's when people will consider crypto to secure their assets.
Biasaae

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:48:57 AM

I think if a war happens, there will be many new long-term investors. People will start hiding in bitcoin and monero. That's when maybe cryptocurrency is getting searched.
Orang Tua

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:56:13 AM

Maybe if the third world war starts, and bread is rarer than cars, then people no longer care about crypto, but I think people will not let that happen.
surgical_duude

Activity: 349

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:16:06 AM

WW3 is not like WW2. People just sit and press the button. So I think crypto will still exist, the market all "go to the moon". The value of cryptocurrency may increase 500-1000%. But I don't think wallet, exchanges site will be available. It reminds me of the North Korean missile test. At that time, bitcoin prices increased dramatically because Koreans and Japanese bought a lot of bitcoins. That is the opportunity for us - true holders.  Grin

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
BitcoinForAll

Activity: 401

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:08:29 AM

During the war, people will transfer money to cryptography, since cryptography is a good way to hide money!
Bratecon

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:30:26 AM

It must be a world war in order to have an effect on crypto currency. And even then it would be hard to say if it is the cause, or it is just a normal volatility.
There is another controversial question that could be derived from the name of this thread - How would cryptos affect the war? It could lead to an interesting discussion among serious people.
Godday

Activity: 1526
Merit: 397

dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 09:31:44 AM

logically easy to guess. because with the war, people tend to need money instead of investment. then they will withdraw their funds for the needs of the war. investment is the thinking number because salvation is the main thing

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE BEST CRYPTO MARKETING AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:35:10 AM

Don't think it might have a huge influence on cryptocurrency, the government won't use it anyway and the civilians may use it for saving their funds but I doubt they would do that. I think the war may have an lowering influence on cryptocurrency in the exact country cus people would think about other things than digital money
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:40:36 AM

War, in any case - it's very bad, and very sorry for those people who perish from it. In a country where there can be war, crypto-currencies will not come first. Let's think about good.
spastikss

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

I dont want a war but if there is a war i think crypto money will be valued higher because it is safe to keep your money in crypto. You cant carry your money or gold with you in safe but with brain wallet it is easy and safe.

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:47:22 PM

War may make cryptocurrencies useless in countries where internet is cut-off. Also I think that this topic should be move to other section of this forum.
DumbLefty

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:27:26 AM

I think that the war will not affect the cryptocurrency in any way. War is when several politicians failed to agree. But cryptocurrency is beyond the scope of governments.

crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:41:30 AM

I would say that if we are in a war, it would not look like 70 years ago. Anyway, any war supports new technologies and that would be "great" for crypto (just like things can be great during a war). That is the first factor, the second one would be that people will not trust a currency managed by the government, so they would like to own a reliable currency. Anonymous cryptocurrencies would be used by the military sector and agents as transactions are rapid and unstoppable. So if we are in a war, technology+currency means crypto would be one of the most important factors that might even decide the result of the conflict.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:58:18 AM

In the United States, the United States and France in the United States today made a military attack on Syria and bombarded some places in Damascus. We all know that war is closely related to gold. People need a safe haven, and the current encryption does not have the function of avoiding danger. I think the more function of bitcoin is financial.
So whats the answer to the OP?seems like you don't understand whats the topic here..

Its about What would be the effect of war in crypto,not the other way around..

Well ofcourse the first bad effect would be the power supply as we all know that we cant use cryptocurrency without electricity,the next is the transactions how could investors make trading when youre place is being bombarded by enemies,i think what we had to do is to pray that this war wont happen,forever
pokemon43

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:40:20 PM

Thanks to the crypt, you can perform hidden transactions, buy weapons, and so on. No one can track down the owner of the purse and thus the price of the currency increases.
RNGfight

Activity: 196

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:40:40 PM

The war will allow safe havens to grow rapidly, and both gold and bitcoins will have a big increase.
That's what war does for bitcoin.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: