Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:09:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How could war affect crypto?  (Read 1504 times)
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:38:40 PM

The move of some country are so alarming, and WW3 might happen at any moment. I hope someone can prevent it because that time cryptocurrency is just a currency for me, what important for me is to survive on that time so I can still enjoy life and still make good money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
norcia

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:41:11 PM

How could war affect crypto?
I think not directly. News is one of the factors that influence the price movement significantly. Crypto users who hear negative news about crypto, will feel panic and end up selling their coins to secure assets. The impact, coin prices will drop because of the sale of coin on a large scale. Vice versa, if there is positive news about coin then many users who make buying transactions. Of course with the purchase of coin on a large scale impact on drastic price increases.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:42:43 PM

If something more worse happens crypto market will flourish and we will become rich.just kidding.Should rise because its safer to keep online than in the banks
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:44:08 PM

The cryptocurrencies market is dominated by information on the Internet, and the war is no exception when it comes to exchanging rate fluctuations. The United States and its allies attacked Syria, which made the investment in cryptos rise due to a loss of confidence in the dollar. If the war breaks out, then I think the cryptocurrencies market will rise sharply in the next few months.

cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:48:09 PM

The cryptocurrencies market is dominated by information on the Internet, and the war is no exception when it comes to exchanging rate fluctuations. The United States and its allies attacked Syria, which made the investment in cryptos rise due to a loss of confidence in the dollar. If the war breaks out, then I think the cryptocurrencies market will rise sharply in the next few months.
How would you use the cryptocurrencies without the internet? how will the blockchain works if theres no computer to confirm those blocks? ledgers? how do you think the cryptocurrencies will work when the government has shutdown the internet services? that is quite obvious,these currencies wont work without the internet so you should think twice.

Sri Asih

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:48:46 PM

I think it can, on some scale. For example a war destroying power lines or internet networks in some countries will inevitably have an impact on crypto supply and demand that is heavily dependent on network availability.
GsxR150

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:56:26 PM

It may have some influence though not much. The price of crypto is strongly influenced by the community. Unless in the future many countries recognize crypto and use for inter-state trade.
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:45:30 AM

I think a major war between multiple countries will just slow the crypto markets or push the market to ath. Crypto is not controlled by the government and you can buy it on a global scale so this could push prices up. People might like that aspect and invest in crypto during war times instead of traditional money. I don't think it cause a major market crash unless it's a cyberwar. Then crypto will be the last thing people think about buying as I can see countries hacking exchanges to fund war costs.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:12:24 AM

When there is war in a certain place and will damage the networking sites especially when there is bombing, then the transactions of the cryptos will be disable not until such time there will network signal ,so war in place have a very great affect to cryptos transactions activities.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
Anne8

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:16:44 AM

In Ukraine there is a war. I can say that crypto makes it really easy to hide money. Nobody knows who is the owner of the wallet which consists millions of dollars in cryptocurrency.
Yes obama said it that cryptocurrency is like a swiss bank. its anonymous even though its decentralized and its not transparant cause the private key and we only know address of the person who do the transaction not the identity of the person who doing it. I do agree War could drive economy but for crypto i think there will be many illegal transaction that could be happening using cryptocurrency.

How could your explanation about war? I dont know exactly how war affect bitcoin price but as i know war would make the price decrease.
Regarding illegal activity, it can be the reason of anonymous where nobody know the owner of illegal activity.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:44:27 AM

The problem that I see is the ease of access to weapons as it is much easier to buy them in the online black market and with the decentralized transactions of the cryptocurrencies many people will have access to these weapons, just imagine a rebel group, terrorist or even mercenaries forming within the war using the weapons bought from crypto.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:47:57 AM

Interesting question. crypto is effected by rumours and FUd so much you would think war would also have an effect. I imagine it would have to happen on a global scale or involve nukes for there to be an effect. and i thin the market would drop like a stone if there was a global event like that.

Go Green!
bisdak40

Activity: 2282
Merit: 547

This too shall pass

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:01:19 AM

They say that war is the great equalizer because in war everybody is equal. The only advantage that reach people had is that they can use their money to buy security but they can't avoid loot which is the common problem if war occurs.

If you have substantial amount of fiat, you could always convert it to crypto to hide from anyone else and the very good thing is they can't steal it from you as long as you protect your private key very well.
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:13:00 AM

Bitcoin, like gold, is a safe-haven asset.
Then when the war comes, people will buy Bitcoins in large quantities.
What a joke not even make any sense . As far commodity like gold , silver , crude oil most of the time rely on USA newesez . But crypto currency  is not its completely decide by whales now market stable ready to move for next big bull run.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:14:28 AM

it could definitely affect trading and the price if the country that will participate in the war are countries that have participated in trading, of course, the internet connection to that country will be disrupted because of the ongoing war.

castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:32:05 AM

according to my understanding. when war occurs. gold, bitcoin .. is a safe deposit. Can buy weapons easily. and no one knows. So the price of gold and bitcoin will rise sharply if the war breaks out

likely so. because it will surely be an awful lot of their funding through weapons supply bitcoin or crypto. indirectly then this will make the market demand became larger and certainly will bring the price of crypto mainly bitcoin getting high.
Baltman

Merit: 170

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:35:44 AM

War can affect electricity, technology and computers. Without all this, the crypto currency can not exist. They are very vulnerable from the point of view of failures of high-tech systems

Charlz124

Activity: 125

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:05:06 PM

Thanks to the crypt, you can perform hidden transactions, buy weapons, and so on. No one can track down the owner of the purse and thus the price of the currency increases.
MonkeySlapFest

Activity: 180

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:05:50 PM

No
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:24:27 AM

War can affect cryptocurrencies it's simply because most countries buy weapons or arms using cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: