Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:53:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want to see Coin Validation implamented?
No - 354 (92.2%)
Yes - 15 (3.9%)
IDK - 15 (3.9%)
Total Voters: 384

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote No for Coin Validation!  (Read 6165 times)
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:14:11 PM

There's no good reason for it except to get some large retailers to accept it, but it will obviously undermine the relative anonymity of Bitcoin. Personally, I would never do it.
Sure there is. To make Yifu's coins worth more!!

How about we blacklist every coin Yifu mined with the "delayed" batch 2 Avalon miners Smiley.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:32:05 PM

Governments will simply be ignored , if forced in the U.S.A
The U.S.A will be forced out ,,,
its just that simple.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:20:07 PM

Unfortunately the Achilles' heel of Bitcoin is the exchanges. If Bitcoins cannot be bought or sold into flat easily, then they are next to useless. It will remain a small niche market which it cannot escape.

Unfortunately a compromise is going to have to be made somehow, or the banks/governments will simply clamp down on the exchanges.

Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:48:38 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 08:04:11 PM by Feri22

Unfortunately the Achilles' heel of Bitcoin is the exchanges. If Bitcoins cannot be bought or sold into flat easily, then they are next to useless. It will remain a small niche market which it cannot escape.

Unfortunately a compromise is going to have to be made somehow, or the banks/governments will simply clamp down on the exchanges.

You can always create exchanges based in..i don't know, Uganda or some other country where they don't give a fu*k about US...USA is not only country in world...so you can send fiat there..exchange it for bitcoins...there always will be some ways...you just need the courage to try it...but the thing is, it would not be mainstream. I can't imagine bitcoin being #1 world currency while being banned in more countries..i think now it is the most important time in the existance of bitcoin....Would you sacriface your privacy for btc going mainstream or would you sacriface btc going mainstream for your privacy?

Problem with foundation (only few members) I have is, that governments didn't even ask for this (maybe they did, but don't know about it, if yes, i am sorry and ignore this post) and bitcoin foundation would likely to implement it to "please" the governments before they even ask for it...and i have very strong feeling that they (bitcoin foundation) want to make a decisions (even in future important decisioins) despite bitcoin community opinion...if this will hapen...We should change bitcoin foundation, because i don't think they can change the community...compromise? Maybe, but they should ask the community first, not other members of the foundation because it looks like they think they are like VIP group, something more than average btc user....they can't wonder there is this reaction from our community members going on here...and if they wonder...again, maybe there should be some changes in bitcoin foundation board members...right now we have big lack of communication
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:50:42 PM

Well since everyone voted no I guess we are safe for now.

Its a little scary the way Bitcoin is SUPPOSED to be an uncontrollable opt-in system, but in reality depends on mass opinion... unless you just want to trade with yourself.

I mean lets say:
1. You have Bitcoins and/or a Bitcoin business.
2. General public adopts Bitcoin.
3. General public, with a healthy government shove, changes Bitcoin - say adds blacklisting.

What do you do now? Leave your money? Stop your business?

Scary how quickly our revolution could end if people are stupid enough.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:03:31 PM

Q: Do you want to see Coin Validation implemented?

UncleBobs

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:04:26 PM

governments CANNOT regulate bitcoin unless we allow it

Yes, and you can see in this thread the people who will allow it.  Because it's "inevitable".  Because they want to comply with the government. Because they are scared.  Because they put greed over principle.  

Frankly, I don't care about what the people do with bitcoin v.0.8.  They almost certainly will turn it into Govtcoin.  But the genie is out of the bottle.  The true bitcoin is in our very immediate future, and it will UTTERLY DESTROY states around the world.

Disobey the Thought Police.  Resist Totalitarian Humanism.
http://attackthesystem.com/?s=totalitarian+humanism
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:10:07 PM

The true bitcoin is in our very immediate future, and it will UTTERLY DESTROY states around the world.

Careful what you wish for.

UncleBobs

Activity: 103

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:30:58 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 10:41:41 PM by UncleBobs

Careful what you wish for.

Don't worry, I've thought it through quite carefully.  You have nothing to lose but your chains  Wink

Why don't you take a couple of hours to appreciate the genius of Murray Rothbard:
https://mises.org/rothbard/newlibertywhole.asp

It'll put your mind at ease.

Disobey the Thought Police.  Resist Totalitarian Humanism.
http://attackthesystem.com/?s=totalitarian+humanism
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:23:05 PM

I've no problem with a private company doing this. I don;t see why a non-profit is getting involved unless $$$ lobbyists have got to them.
interlagos

Activity: 496

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:51:07 PM

Yes, and you can see in this thread the people who will allow it.  Because it's "inevitable".  Because they want to comply with the government. Because they are scared.  Because they put greed over principle.  

Frankly, I don't care about what the people do with bitcoin v.0.8.  They almost certainly will turn it into Govtcoin.  But the genie is out of the bottle.  The true bitcoin is in our very immediate future, and it will UTTERLY DESTROY states around the world.

Maybe a better idea (than destroying states) is to regain influence in the law making process.

Something like  http://openministry.info/  might be a good start.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:08:16 AM

Stop allowing possible regulation of bitcoin. The answer should be No, by everyone.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:03:16 AM

Maybe a better idea (than destroying states) is to regain influence in the law making process.

Uh, no, why should the people next door to me have power to make laws that infringe my rights to life, liberty, or property?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 02:13:16 PM

This is just wrong. Feels like the foundation (or the members who are going for coin validation) is acting similar to the governments.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:16:46 PM

The answer is clearly "no".
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:17:23 PM

Stop allowing possible regulation of bitcoin. The answer should be No, by everyone.

+1 please do not implement Coinvalidation

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
aninterestedparty

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:23:02 PM

If we have coin validation, wouldn't that make cash more anonymous? Freaking cash!?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:39:15 PM

That all depends if people want Bitcoin to go mainstream or not. We will all have to make a choice at some point, sooner rather than later my guess.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:32:24 PM

That all depends if people want Bitcoin to go mainstream or not. We will all have to make a choice at some point, sooner rather than later my guess.

Well regulation to a certain degree is okay. The US government or bitcoin foundation trying to push their ways, that's a no no.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dawie

Activity: 115

BTC for a better world

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:04:43 PM

It is awesome seeing how the community is against the oppressive systems around the world.  Lets keep up the good fight.  Bitcoin for Freedom.

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: