Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:14:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.1T 900W, Innosilicon Blake256 D9 DecredMaster/ 3.83T 1380W, S11 SiaMaster  (Read 8075 times)
Paulk201270

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:11:21 PM

Innosilicon woes.....

Well I paid last month on the 24th, the bank confirmed funds in account on the 27th. 

Then Innosilicon shut down for 4 days on the 29th.

I've subsequently been chasing them day and night via email, skype and now facebook posts to try to get some movement.

They claimed it was still under payment verification up until last Wednesday when I got a payment verification.

Last thing on Friday they gave me a pre-prepared Fedex AWB number that still states they have not received package (only after I sent one from a competitor showing shipping to my location - as they used some lame excuse that they could not ship to my location -- this even after they told me they had already shipped it and were going to provide tracking a day or two before).

My AWB still shows no receipt of device, and with an expected delivery of Tuesday.

Personally, I'm disgusted with the lack of contact, service and poor logistics.

Imagine you go into a dealership and pay $7000+ for a brand new car, yet the dealer decides to keep hold of it for 2 weeks, driving it around, putting mileage on the clock and you get annoyed

That's exactly how I feel right now

I've paid in full for a brand new miner - and been chasing for almost two weeks - all the time being given the runaround about it being shipped

For all I know, my brand new miner is plugged in, earning someone more than $100 per day while I sit here wondering if and when I eventually do get it, it'll be dusty, scratched, with plenty of mileage already on it

And maybe not even manage to create the ROI as the value of Decred continues to decrease

So in my last response from them on Skype, they say they will check for me on Monday.

Here's what I want......

I want my miner, in my hand before Tuesday, I want an immediate refund of $1000 due the lies and deceitful business behavior as on Monday they should be shipping the NEXT batch of miners. 

What do people suggest I do next?

nastyrunner

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:02:52 PM

Innosilicon woes.....

Well I paid last month on the 24th, the bank confirmed funds in account on the 27th. 

Then Innosilicon shut down for 4 days on the 29th.

I've subsequently been chasing them day and night via email, skype and now facebook posts to try to get some movement.

They claimed it was still under payment verification up until last Wednesday when I got a payment verification.

Last thing on Friday they gave me a pre-prepared Fedex AWB number that still states they have not received package (only after I sent one from a competitor showing shipping to my location - as they used some lame excuse that they could not ship to my location -- this even after they told me they had already shipped it and were going to provide tracking a day or two before).

My AWB still shows no receipt of device, and with an expected delivery of Tuesday.

Personally, I'm disgusted with the lack of contact, service and poor logistics.

Imagine you go into a dealership and pay $7000+ for a brand new car, yet the dealer decides to keep hold of it for 2 weeks, driving it around, putting mileage on the clock and you get annoyed

That's exactly how I feel right now

I've paid in full for a brand new miner - and been chasing for almost two weeks - all the time being given the runaround about it being shipped

For all I know, my brand new miner is plugged in, earning someone more than $100 per day while I sit here wondering if and when I eventually do get it, it'll be dusty, scratched, with plenty of mileage already on it

And maybe not even manage to create the ROI as the value of Decred continues to decrease

So in my last response from them on Skype, they say they will check for me on Monday.

Here's what I want......

I want my miner, in my hand before Tuesday, I want an immediate refund of $1000 due the lies and deceitful business behavior as on Monday they should be shipping the NEXT batch of miners. 

What do people suggest I do next?

Honestly, you have two options:
1) You keep chasing them till you get your miner and just forget about the entire dilemma over a cold beer.
2) You could send them threatening emails of suing them or asking for refunds etc, but honestly that won't work.

From my experience with Innosilicon, I have always purchased their device by paying $200-$400 more from other vendors as they have it in stock, and ship it within 2 days of receiving funds. My miner was shipped the next day after I transferred RMB to my vendor, and within 4 days, it reached my location through DHL (i.e. Tomorrow).

I feel their main language is not English, so there is a bit of an issue when communicating, but I have had absolutely no issues with the after-sales team for my other A4+ miners. Also, they must be quite over loaded with the number of orders coming through and just to let you know, I have spoken to not less than 20 vendors, and all of them are able to supply up-to 30 Miners each with immediate shipment. So, there are many orders, and they must be swamped by it.
sweeperAA

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:22:55 PM

Threatening isn't going to work because you have no leverage in this battle. They have your money and your device. No legal recourse since they're in China. If you do have leverage, I'd be very interested in knowing what it is in case I wind up in the same hardship. I almost went down the road of ordering through Inno directly, but I ended up going with a US-based vendor and paid via Paypal where I had options if something like this happened. I paid a little bit of a surcharge, but I've had my d9 since Wednesday. Hearing these stories I will never order directly through Inno. They don't seem to have any business integrity whatsoever. Probably the only reason the devices work is because they were designed and built by Halong.
Paulk201270

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:32:22 PM

Thanks for your suggestions nastyrunner, obviously I can't afford to give up and have to keep chasing.  I just don't want to get into the position that when I do finally get something in my grubby little paws that it is impossible to make back my purchase price - and I feel the longer the delay, the less likely the ROI.

If you don't mind me asking, which alternate supplier did you choose in the case of the D9 or S11 (or whichever miners concerned) and what kind of a markup did you pay above the initial cost price?

Any suggestions for very little cost that can make the best profit in the short term??

Also, sweeperAA, same question as regards supplier - and any ideas for short-term profit...

Best regards
Paul.

sweeperAA

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:07:00 PM

I ended up going through minersdeals.com. You can see what their current price is for "in stock" D9's and I chose to use paypal via CC so I paid a 2.9% fee on top of their price. In this case, it was well worth it to me. There were some inventory problems to begin with and I was a little worried in the middle of the process, but they had great communication with me through the entire time and they came through for me. I had originally wanted to order two D9's, but decided it was too much risk so I only ordered one.
In terms of short term profits, the D9 was kind of an interesting situation. Obviously, Halong released theirs first, but at over $10K. If you take into account that they only released theirs 30 days before Inno did, but Inno shaved off $3K you have a similar net effect of profit with a little less risk based on future orders. I also feel that because the price was so high on these, that reduced the number of people willing to take the risk on an algorithm that isn't in the top 10 for currencies. Between the B29 from Halong and the D9 from Inno, these were the first ASICs for the coin, as opposed to something like Litecoin that's had several generations of ASICs alright. Because of this, the leap in hashing power vs the current difficulty was significant. I don't see this happening very often for established generation ASICS (e.g., Litecoin). I was actually surprised that Bitmain's Z9 isn't more of a leap in hashing power vs the current difficulty. That's why I didn't get that one. I feel that there's a strong possibility that someone is going to release the next/improved Z9 version. Similar to how Bitmain's A3 for Sia came out just before Halong announced the B52.
Paulk201270

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:30:28 PM

Thanks, appreciate the info.  I too looked at the new one from Bitmain and decided no real profit in it.  I do however have an X3 has not been shipped yet and the B3 which I am waiting on.

My biggest problem is tied up in the Inno, as I took the last chunk of savings to use on that as an investment.  I need to make those funds back and redeposit into savings as I have not worked since July last year when we got hit by a category 5 hurricane......

I need to return a profit asap, lol!

Best regards
Paul.
mullen490

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:48:53 AM

Thanks, appreciate the info.  I too looked at the new one from Bitmain and decided no real profit in it.  I do however have an X3 has not been shipped yet and the B3 which I am waiting on.

My biggest problem is tied up in the Inno, as I took the last chunk of savings to use on that as an investment.  I need to make those funds back and redeposit into savings as I have not worked since July last year when we got hit by a category 5 hurricane......

I need to return a profit asap, lol!

Best regards
Paul.

This seems obvious I think, but maybe you shouldn't be spending your last remaining savings on a risky investment, especially when you don't have money coming in.
Paulk201270

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:33:49 AM

Ya think!!!!

The Decred miner never looked like a risk due to profitability being stable even with the Halong miners already operating - the only drawback was never expected Inno to play fun and games.....

I have other miners which I'm planning to put into a facility that can make money over time, and work options are starting to come in.  I'm not destitute as my wife works and I do what I need to for the side IT jobs.   If ever you need remote support, I can help!

Best regards
Paul.
kadal88

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:39:20 AM

I am not buying any ASIC from China. Thank you
sweeperAA

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:18:06 AM

Kadal, they are ALL currently from China until Obelisk comes out. It's easy to throw popcorn from the stands...
nastyrunner

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:24:01 AM

Thanks for your suggestions nastyrunner, obviously I can't afford to give up and have to keep chasing.  I just don't want to get into the position that when I do finally get something in my grubby little paws that it is impossible to make back my purchase price - and I feel the longer the delay, the less likely the ROI.

If you don't mind me asking, which alternate supplier did you choose in the case of the D9 or S11 (or whichever miners concerned) and what kind of a markup did you pay above the initial cost price?

Any suggestions for very little cost that can make the best profit in the short term??

Also, sweeperAA, same question as regards supplier - and any ideas for short-term profit...

Best regards
Paul.

I usually check on AliBaba or so, and ask each and every person advertised there. Most of the vendors there have a good reputation, and you can trust them.

I am in the same boat as yours, I have put in quite a big amount of money in the D9. Need to recover asap. I haven't had that great of luck in Miners because whenever I bought a miner, the price went lower. This one I am hopeful to atleast recover my investment.
KashHappy

Activity: 57
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:56:35 AM

I find it interesting that the B29 and B52 on no longer listed on Halong's site. Perhaps Innosilicon is the manufacturer and Halong provided the GUI to help jumpstart their company. It just doesn't makes sense if Halong made these miners, why are they not even listed on their site? Plus Inno has a longer history of manufacturing. Maybe Halong's own miner is their T1 and T2 and that's why a BTC miner isn't available from Inno.

I think it's safe to assume that ALL miners are "lightly" used. Think about it, if you manufactured a miner and could make hand over fist why would you ever sell these machines to others instead of keeping them for yourself and reaping ALL the rewards. I believe most, if not all, companies mine with these machine months in advance before offering them to the general public. The batches we see now are likely pulled off the shelf in their mining farm, cleaned off, and shipped to us. The money they receive from the general public goes back into manufacturing costs for new miners and the cycle repeats.

Which also leads me to believe if this is true, the hash and difficulty will not dimish or be impacted as quickly as some may think. I dunno that it's a 1:1 but may not be as much as flooding the market with totally brand new miners.

All of this is speculation of course. What do you guys think?
nastyrunner

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:13:04 PM

I find it interesting that the B29 and B52 on no longer listed on Halong's site. Perhaps Innosilicon is the manufacturer and Halong provided the GUI to help jumpstart their company. It just doesn't makes sense if Halong made these miners, why are they not even listed on their site? Plus Inno has a longer history of manufacturing. Maybe Halong's own miner is their T1 and T2 and that's why a BTC miner isn't available from Inno.

I think it's safe to assume that ALL miners are "lightly" used. Think about it, if you manufactured a miner and could make hand over fist why would you ever sell these machines to others instead of keeping them for yourself and reaping ALL the rewards. I believe most, if not all, companies mine with these machine months in advance before offering them to the general public. The batches we see now are likely pulled off the shelf in their mining farm, cleaned off, and shipped to us. The money they receive from the general public goes back into manufacturing costs for new miners and the cycle repeats.

Which also leads me to believe if this is true, the hash and difficulty will not dimish or be impacted as quickly as some may think. I dunno that it's a 1:1 but may not be as much as flooding the market with totally brand new miners.

All of this is speculation of course. What do you guys think?

Yeah, it sure is. My Innosilicon D9, I checked right now, and the backend is actually DragonMint, and even the model name is B29. The only disappointing factor, i didn't get the dragon tattoo on the miner.
Paulk201270

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:25:36 PM

I bought a DC Powered A/C unit on Alibaba - fan came broken and the guy wanted $450 to ship a replacement.  He finally agreed to ship the item to the states and pay half, lol.

Would be interested to see what kind of deal and which ones you mention that are more reliable than most.....

As regards Halong - I think they remove miners that are not in stock now to prevent confusion.  They used to have a waiting list that you could apply for, but I think it was constantly full.  I believe the Decred miners will be relisted when stock is almost available.....

My biggest problem was I bought a few of the S9s and S7s on ebay, just before the price plummeted on Bitcoin, so paid on average a couple of thousand each (S9) and about $900 for the 7s.  I also bought 3 x D3s which kinda were worth nothing LONG before I got a chance to receive them.

I hope the D9 finally gets to me and is profitable enough to at least make back the purchase cost.

I'm in the process of expanding my solar panel layout, hoping to generate enough electricity to occasionally plug one in without running up a huge electricity bill, lol.  My best miners are the A3s which almost make the same as the power they draw, lol

Best regards
Paul.
myhashpower

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 02:10:17 AM

I want to know that now people who buy products from INNSILICON model D9 and S11.

Has anyone received a product yet?

thx
KashHappy

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:32:56 AM

I want to know that now people who buy products from INNSILICON model D9 and S11.

thx

I’d say read thread but if you are too lazy. Yes, some people have received their miners and others seem to be caught up in phantom shipping.
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:47:51 AM

thx

Received three S11 yesterday and they are all working fine

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
KashHappy

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:54:01 AM

I bought a DC Powered A/C unit on Alibaba - fan came broken and the guy wanted $450 to ship a replacement.  He finally agreed to ship the item to the states and pay half, lol.

Would be interested to see what kind of deal and which ones you mention that are more reliable than most.....

As regards Halong - I think they remove miners that are not in stock now to prevent confusion.  They used to have a waiting list that you could apply for, but I think it was constantly full.  I believe the Decred miners will be relisted when stock is almost available.....

My biggest problem was I bought a few of the S9s and S7s on ebay, just before the price plummeted on Bitcoin, so paid on average a couple of thousand each (S9) and about $900 for the 7s.  I also bought 3 x D3s which kinda were worth nothing LONG before I got a chance to receive them.

I hope the D9 finally gets to me and is profitable enough to at least make back the purchase cost.

I'm in the process of expanding my solar panel layout, hoping to generate enough electricity to occasionally plug one in without running up a huge electricity bill, lol.  My best miners are the A3s which almost make the same as the power they draw, lol

Best regards
Paul.

I don’t think Halong removes miners that are no longer in stock but instead uses an unavailable - join waitlist.

As far as your other miners... damn you made some D3 owner happy unloading them on you. Hopefully you didn’t pay too much. I think you get the best price purchasing from the manufacture and the  best chances of ROI if you’re an early adoptor. Definitely do not buy from eBay or Amazon unless you wanna pay scalped prices. Not sure why you would purchase an S7 when S9 was available. Typically older gen machines are way less efficient than the newer models.
Paulk201270

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:16:51 PM

Yep, agree on the D3s (I have 3 of them, lol), but hoping my expansion on solar will allow me to run them at some point soon.

The s7s, well it was also a good call at the time as back in January they stood a chance, and I didn't have access to S9 priced-money.  My problem was that it took forever to get them (living on a small island often sucks - but beautiful scenery and surrounded by beaches!!)

Just after I bought most items, Bitcoin tanked and - well so did any chance of profitability.

I'm now looking at sending miners off to the states for hosting to try to get a little chance of money over time....

I chased my D9 again today - and they promised me that the tracking would be updated later today (That was around midnight).  Tracking now shows some movement and delivery possibly by 6PM on Wednesday, so here's hoping something good may be around the corner.....

Please Decred, don't tank for the next 3 months or so.....!

Congrats Kalyst69 on your S11s - let us know how profitable they are!!

Hope you're all having a great day so far.

Best regards
Paul.
nastyrunner

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:09:18 PM

Yep, agree on the D3s (I have 3 of them, lol), but hoping my expansion on solar will allow me to run them at some point soon.

The s7s, well it was also a good call at the time as back in January they stood a chance, and I didn't have access to S9 priced-money.  My problem was that it took forever to get them (living on a small island often sucks - but beautiful scenery and surrounded by beaches!!)

Just after I bought most items, Bitcoin tanked and - well so did any chance of profitability.

I'm now looking at sending miners off to the states for hosting to try to get a little chance of money over time....

I chased my D9 again today - and they promised me that the tracking would be updated later today (That was around midnight).  Tracking now shows some movement and delivery possibly by 6PM on Wednesday, so here's hoping something good may be around the corner.....

Please Decred, don't tank for the next 3 months or so.....!

Congrats Kalyst69 on your S11s - let us know how profitable they are!!

Hope you're all having a great day so far.

Best regards
Paul.

That's great news buddy! I am hoping for the same, atleast for 2 months, because i recover 75% of investment. Remaining 25% can be slowly, it is okay. It shouldn't go below $120 per day though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: