Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:58:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.1T 900W, Innosilicon Blake256 D9 DecredMaster/ 3.83T 1380W, S11 SiaMaster  (Read 8079 times)
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:21:46 AM

I would like to warn all of you out there regarding the S11 miner. I bought a batch recently and half of them could only get about 3.2T Hashrate even when overclocked. Advertised is 3.83T at factory settings.

I asked support and they said it's the mining pool problem, there's nothing wrong with their miners. I have tried all the mining pools out there and all of them were reporting only 3.2T.

I have upgraded to the latest 11 May firmware and the issue remains. They want me to ship back the miners at my own cost to be replaced but I won't be doing that. The loss in income and shipping fees will not be worth it. So beware if you want to purchase anything from Innosilicon again. The support sucks to the core.

I can provide evidence but the conversations are in Chinese. Anyone who wants evidence of the conversation can PM me.

On miner status at bottom of page what is the hashrate of each of the 3 boards?

guzzler

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:18:10 AM

I would like to warn all of you out there regarding the S11 miner. I bought a batch recently and half of them could only get about 3.2T Hashrate even when overclocked. Advertised is 3.83T at factory settings.

I asked support and they said it's the mining pool problem, there's nothing wrong with their miners. I have tried all the mining pools out there and all of them were reporting only 3.2T.

I have upgraded to the latest 11 May firmware and the issue remains. They want me to ship back the miners at my own cost to be replaced but I won't be doing that. The loss in income and shipping fees will not be worth it. So beware if you want to purchase anything from Innosilicon again. The support sucks to the core.

I can provide evidence but the conversations are in Chinese. Anyone who wants evidence of the conversation can PM me.

All the hashrates on the miners itself is fine. its shown as 4.2T total and each board is doing 1.4T.

The problem is that all the pools siamining, luxor, f2pool are  rejecting 20-25% of the hashrates. So Inno support is saying there is nothing they can do and the mining pools have a problem. That's bullshit to me.
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:58:15 AM

Well.....

https://ibelink.co/product/ibelink-dsm6t-blake256-miner-with-6-th-s-hash-rate/

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
cyberdeity

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:45:50 PM

Attention S11 miners:  The Luxor pool has just switched from PPLNS to PPS. Fee is 2%.  That makes it the lowest-cost PPS pool for Sia available, and PPS now gives you payout consistency without need for ramp-up.

Also, if you've had issues with your pool-side hashrate not being what you expect, give Luxor a try.  I've had perfect rates at Luxor using the newest firmware.  There are lots of variables that can affect your hashrates - internet connection latency, etc, but I've found in the past with other mining hardware that my hashrate poolside can vary greatly between pools, so it's best to try several to find a good fit for you.
cyberdeity

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:58:39 PM

All the hashrates on the miners itself is fine. its shown as 4.2T total and each board is doing 1.4T.

The problem is that all the pools siamining, luxor, f2pool are  rejecting 20-25% of the hashrates. So Inno support is saying there is nothing they can do and the mining pools have a problem. That's bullshit to me.

I'm no expert but I'll at least try to suggest a few things.  My apologies if you've already tried some or all of these.

Make sure you're configured to use a stratum connection in the URL for the pool you're connecting to.  Older TCP setups are not as efficient as stratum.

I assume you're hard-wired and not trying to do a wireless (or cellular) connection between miners and internet - if not, try hard-wire.

You can also quickly eliminate your network hardware and ISP by trying a miner at some other location - friend/relatives house for a couple hours and see if things are different.

If you have a puma-chipset cablemodem, replace it.  There was a thread somewhere here I thought that talked about the latency issues causing trouble with some ASICS.  https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/08/09/intel_puma_modem_woes/

Temporarily remove whatever networking hardware you have in between your ASIC and the router, to eliminate any issues they might cause.

Most pools have more than one farm you can connect to (east coast, west coast, europe, etc).  Most people would assume the closest geographical site is the best, but that's not always the case depending on the peering agreements your ISP has - try a different one to see if you have different results.

I know you mentioned siamining, luxor, and f2pool.  Might be worth trying Nicehash to see if you get the same rejection rate.  I feel NiceHash doesn't pay as well, but if you get better hashrate there it might offset what you'd be losing.

NiceHash also has a tutorial on their website for setting up a stratum proxy on your PC.  I tinkered with that back when I had Innosilicon A4 Scrypt miners.  I don't know if it will work with Sia, but might be worth tinkering with.

I hope the best for you, I know it can be painful to spend this kind of money on hardware and not get the full value from it.
samsan

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 06:41:04 PM

I am not buying any ASIC from China. Thank you and goodbye.

Better then obelisk tech.  USA company with promises of delivering by end of June.  I pre ordered and wish I didn't now that the China beat obelisk by launching much sooner.

which USA company ?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 07:00:10 PM

Better then obelisk tech.  USA company with promises of delivering by end of June.  I pre ordered and wish I didn't now that the China beat obelisk by launching much sooner.

which USA company ?

It's right there in the post you quoted: https://obelisk.tech/
Inno_ASIC (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 11:00:27 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 11:11:31 AM by Inno_ASIC
Merited by suchmoon (5)

Dear D9 customer,

As the difficulty of coin digging grows, to better serve the customers and bring more profits,  Innosilicon optimizes the firmware of the D9 miner. After upgrading the firmware, the D9 calculating force can reach 2.4TH/s.

The specific updates are as follows:
http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/D9_20180524_071211.swu

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
klwolf2000

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:00:23 PM

Dear D9 customer,

As the difficulty of coin digging grows, to better serve the customers and bring more profits,  Innosilicon optimizes the firmware of the D9 miner. After upgrading the firmware, the D9 calculating force can reach 2.4TH/s.

I just upgraded my firmware on both my miners and now I'm getting some really crazy hash rates. I'm getting anywhere between 1TH/s to 7TH/s  Shocked is this normal?
sweeperAA

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:04:57 PM

Dear D9 customer,

I just upgraded my firmware on both my miners and now I'm getting some really crazy hash rates. I'm getting anywhere between 1TH/s to 7TH/s  Shocked is this normal?

I also updated the firmware, here are the comparisons for me:

Old Firmware: 2.05 Th/S pool hash rate, (2.36 from GUI) @ 830W, Average 75C with fan speed at 75%
New Firmware: 2.35 Th/S pool hash rate, (2.4 from GUI) @ 950W, Average 71C with fan speed at 55%

Obviously, I've only been running with the new firmware for a couple hours, but so far, it seems better. I have not done the auto-calibration.

Edit: Added hash rate reported sources.
samsan

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:09:26 PM

which USA company ?

It's right there in the post you quoted: https://obelisk.tech/
ok thanks
klwolf2000

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Dear D9 customer,

I just upgraded my firmware on both my miners and now I'm getting some really crazy hash rates. I'm getting anywhere between 1TH/s to 7TH/s  Shocked is this normal?

Old Firmware: 2.05 Th/S pool hash rate, (2.36 from GUI) @ 830W, Average 75C with fan speed at 75%
New Firmware: 2.35 Th/S pool hash rate, (2.4 from GUI) @ 950W, Average 71C with fan speed at 55%

Obviously, I've only been running with the new firmware for a couple hours, but so far, it seems better. I have not done the auto-calibration.

Are you seeing crazy hashrates directly from the miners like I am? They are wildly swinging up and down now.
https://image.ibb.co/k7VXWT/mining.jpg
tamancha

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:43:06 PM

i ordered one from china and guess what it burned within one month and i did not get and refund!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:49:30 PM

Are you seeing crazy hashrates directly from the miners like I am? They are wildly swinging up and down now.

What does your pool show?
nastyrunner

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:53:22 PM

Dear D9 customer,

What mode are you running on? Performance, Factory, or Balanced?
sweeperAA

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:56:32 PM

Dear D9 customer,

I have not seen a large swing in the GUI-reported hash rates.
klwolf2000

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:07:45 PM

What does your pool show?
My pool shows 5.15TH/s and it is slowly going up.
https://image.ibb.co/i9xqJ8/miner2.jpg
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:09:11 PM

Dear D9 customer,

I think the picture is from Awesome Miner GUI, which is showing wild swings. Although it shows average also.
klwolf2000

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

Dear D9 customer,

I think the picture is from Awesome Miner GUI, which is showing wild swings. Although it shows average also.
It is from awesome miner but when I logged into the miners I saw the exact readings I was getting in awesome miner. Refresh your miner status page fast when you log in to see if you see what I'm seeing.
EDIT: It looks like when logged into the miner they only show average hashrates so when you first log into the miner after booting it you will see the high hashrates but as it averages out you will only see the average hashrate.
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:29:47 PM

EDIT: It looks like when logged into the miner they only show average hashrates so when you first log into the miner after booting it you will see the high hashrates but as it averages out you will only see the average hashrate.

Yes, this average seems correct at Awesome Miner also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: