Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:38:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LEAKED] Private Bitcoin Foundation Discussions On Blacklisting, more (ZIP dump)  (Read 61123 times)
wetroof

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:25:23 PM

the future of bitcoin is with the miners. I'm excited to watch the battle unfold.
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:36:04 PM

Looks like the cartel is much farther with conspiring against the bitcoin principles, than I had ever expected.
That's exactly what we could predict after Google itself had put their dirty hands on the development - anyone with a working brain knew that nothing good could have come from it.

Anyway, thanks for the leak!

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:46:17 PM

Looks like the cartel is much farther with conspiring against the bitcoin principles, than I had ever expected.
That's exactly what we could predict after Google itself had put their dirty hands on the development - anyone with a working brain knew that nothing good could have come from

You haven't read the posts or the thread have you. Please go back and read what was actually said. I even posted a fair summary of quotes but you can read all the originals for yourself.
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:47:40 PM

That's exactly what we could predict after Google itself had put their dirty hands on the development - anyone with a working brain knew that nothing good could have come from

You haven't read the posts or the thread have you. Please go back and read what was actually said. I even posted a fair summary of quotes but you can read all the originals for yourself.

Spare me the bullshit, man.
I'm totally capable of drawing my own conclusions, not interested at all in your stupid excuses and I don't trust you a bit.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
corebob

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:50:13 PM

Good to see you around.

Keep up the good work on gocoin.

You take pull requests?
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:54:59 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 01:15:47 PM by piotr_n

Good to see you around.

You take pull requests?

Thanks.
I haven't been taking pull requests so far, because I wanted to stay the only copyright holder, hoping to cash on it some day selling it for a commerce apps.
But unlike the fucking bunch of traitors I do care about the future of the bitcoin as we know it, more than personal profits, so I'm open for suggestions and ideas...

If there will be a need for it, I will make gocoin free also for commercial use. I can also add bitcoind compatible mining API, if anyone is interested.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:56:09 PM

What's missing from that thread in the BF forum is the private conversations businesses and BF members have been having with regulators.

Of course the worst quotes aren't going to be made public - we've got to infer what's going on behind the scenes based on what is public. From the Forbes article:

“Essentially, we’ve been working with regulators for a structured approach for Bitcoin customers to be compliant,” says Waters. “We set up an API to work with their systems and we supply reporting tools they need for their databases. Which bitcoin addresses belong to a person? That’s the problem we’re solving.”

Who started telling the regulators this was even possible in the first place and also a good idea? Peter Vessenes. Where is Peter right now? Chairman of the Board for Bitcoin Foundation.

The leaked thread is not where the important discussions and decisions are being made.

A group of people including US government officials and business owners have decided this is going to happen, and the thread is one of many attempts to figure out a way to sell it to the community, before they give up and just ram it down everybody's throats (at least, everybody within the grasp of the US government).
corebob

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:07:31 PM

Good to see you around.

You take pull requests?

I haven't so far since I wanted to stay the only copyright holder, hoping to cash on it some day selling it for a commerce apps.
But unlike the fucking bunch of traitors I do care about the future of the bitcoin as we know it, more than personal profits, so I'm open for suggestions and ideas...

Is that why you are using openssl instead of https://github.com/titanous/bitcoin-crypto ?
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:10:50 PM

if tghe thign listed here happends - then BTC is no different than USD or any other currency.

if there is reversile charges and easy tracking of wallets that means its no longer bitcoin. surely the market is big and there are people who want to enter it fro mthe backdoor, but we as a community should do everything o stop that. even if that will mean moving to some altcoin in the end.

yolo
corebob

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:15:45 PM

if tghe thign listed here happends - then BTC is no different than USD or any other currency.

if there is reversile charges and easy tracking of wallets that means its no longer bitcoin. surely the market is big and there are people who want to enter it fro mthe backdoor, but we as a community should do everything o stop that. even if that will mean moving to some altcoin in the end.

Why would I want to use bitcoins instead of traditional currencies and payment systems if any of these suggestions is implemented?
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 01:18:29 PM

Good to see you around.

You take pull requests?

I haven't so far since I wanted to stay the only copyright holder, hoping to cash on it some day selling it for a commerce apps.

Is that why you are using openssl instead of https://github.com/titanous/bitcoin-crypto ?

OpenSSL is optional - its there just to speed up ECDSA verify operations, since the ones from standard go libs are damn slow.

But I ported sipa's ECDSA lib into native Go and it performs even better than openssl wrapper, so these days openssl is even disabled by default.
I left it there though, for the kind of paranoid people who trust more in the openssl mess than in the clean code from sipa and my re-implementation of it.

corebob

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:22:35 PM

Good to see you around.

You take pull requests?

OpenSSL is optional - its there just to speed up ECDSA verify operations, since the ones from standard go libs are damn slow.

But I ported sipa's ECDSA lib into native Go and it performs even better than openssl, so these days openssl is even disabled by default.
I left it there though, for paranoid people who trust more in the openssl mess than in the nice sipa's code Smiley (I'm definitely not one of them).

I see.

By the way, what do you think about the memory usage, Are you considering/doing memory profiling and optimizations?
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 01:27:34 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 01:51:26 PM by piotr_n

By the way, what do you think about the memory usage, Are you considering/doing memory profiling and optimizations?

If you'd switch to a different kind of UTXO database (e.g. LevelDB), the memory usage should go down significantly.
But 3 GB that it takes in peeks these days doesn't seem like something that people cannot afford - I definitely can, so I'm not wasting my time on this.

But the interface to UTXO db is fairly simple, so if anyone wants to try wrapping it over a different engine, you're welcome to try.
https://github.com/piotrnar/gocoin/blob/master/btc/dbif.go

archangel689

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:44:36 PM

Why would I want to use bitcoins instead of traditional currencies and payment systems if any of these suggestions is implemented?

^ this a thousand times this.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 02:03:03 PM

^ this a thousand times this.
Kinda kills the point of bitcoin.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:13:05 PM

Except I didn't.

Yes, you did. In black and white. Your denial of the obvious makes you even more dismissable.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:29:30 PM

The following is a dump of full HTML files (identifying parts removed) of private Bitcoin Foundation discussions on Bitcoin blacklisting, transaction reversing, and create a new proof of work called "proof of sacrifice" for asset forfeiture.

It is VERY important that you understand what is going on behind closed doors of the Bitcoin Foundation. I am absolutely disgusted by the approach the foundation is taking to make Bitcoin no longer an open payments system, but rather a restricted, locked down platform with central control in the form of the current certificate authority structure, blacklisting of Bitcoins, reversing transactions and much more.

It always starts off small - like a UI that tells you coins are no longer fungible. It will lead into a locked down Bitcoin - that the rich wants.

PLEASE READ SATOSHI'S BITCOIN WHITE PAPER.

http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

This Is What Bitcoin Stands For. No trusted central authorities like Verisign. No transaction "meditating" or reversing. No blacklists of bitcoin - bitcoins must be fungible.

------- DUMP ------

http://uppit.com/qu6jyr37eata (fastest?)

http://depositfiles.com/files/z6shx9x8d

http://www.putlocker.com/file/55BC84500FAC90FE

-----------------------

Included:

A network of your peers - General - Bitcoin Foundation
A network of your peers - Page 2 - General - Bitcoin Foundation
Coin tracking - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation
Coin tracking - Page 2 - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation
Coin tracking - Page 3 - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation
Coin tracking - Page 4 - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation
Deep concern about the foundation's chairman of Law and Policy (Mike Hearn) pushing for coin taint - General - Bitcoin Foundation
Deep concern about the foundation's chairman of Law and Policy (Mike Hearn) pushing for coin taint - Page 2 - General - Bitcoin Foundation
Just in case you think Bitcoin has it hard with AML laws - General - Bitcoin Foundation
Position C.1 - Selectively mediated transactions are good for consumer protection - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation

-----------------------

Also please read this.

Preface: Your upvotes contribute to his google search.

I believe it is worth exposing each person in this new CoInvalidation team. Yifu is a dishonest criminal of bitcoins, dollars, time, and his actions speak to a nefarious character. Google him, it's been covered.

Well, what about the other guys? The coin purse, cofounder, and government connections guy is Matthew Mellon.

First, let me preface this with saying Matt has really great family lawyers. They have attacked (and removed) a lot of articles exposing him and reporting on his past. If you report on this on your blog, he will send legal to come after you.
So, who is Matt?

Matthew Mellon is part of one of America’s most influential and wealthy families — with ties like Gulf Oil, Carnegie Mellon University and Alcoa. Matthew inherited a $25 million trust fund at only 21, and started blowing it on cocaine, guns, celebrity company, and whatever other ridiculous or dangerous things he could get his hands on. He almost overdosed, and instead of reforming, he divorced his wife went back to hit the slopes some more. He fired his next fiancee, and left her financially dry, only to jump to another woman shortly after.
Some stuff he's done that went public:

Matthew Mellon historically had a nasty breakup which exposed his crack, cocaine, and business embezzlement.

Matthew Mellon is friends enough with this ex-Paris Hilton boyfriend asshat, having borrowed him funds which also funded Brandon's drug use.

Matthew Mellon was likely involved in a hacking scandal which his lawyers cleaned up nicely. The problem with making a website also apologize is it leaves traces.

Matthew Mellon also threatened lawsuit to take another article down here. "the wealthy Matthew Mellon thought they needn't act as average people, so instead they've, through their attorneys, tried to scare us."

A report still up shows that Matthew Mellon allegedly hired wire-tapping on his ex-wife. Do you trust him with your validation? On further research, he was arrested and charged.

For you political folks, I will let you make your own decision on Matthew Mellon's contributions to Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney. He has donated both separately (majorly to Ryan) and combined. This includes the defunding of Medicare and Medicaid.

I'm sure I could keep digging wonderful things, but this post is getting too fucking long. Matthew Mellon, and associates [Alex Waters & Yufi Guo, if you read this: fuck. you.

Alex Waters, you're next. And Kashmir Hill - thanks for your previous exposure but you are a shill. Your spin shows your lack of spine and willingness to suck the institutionalized finance dick. Fuck you too.

-----------------------

BOYCOTT anything that places control of bitcoin to any authority (Verisign, US FinCEN, Bitcoin Foundation or Anything) - instead of being a very decentralized payment network and digital currency.

Bitcoin dont move! they just change adress after trade!
So what is the point of taint tracing all coins are tainted within no time!!!!!!
there will be no new bitcoins when tainted , its like dollars with coke traces!
even worse , bitcoins cant be replaced!
The more users the more tainted , and dont forget 1 bitcoin can be hold by 100.000.000 address at the same time!
So clean coins is a illusion! Smiley

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
ffssixtynine

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:46:54 PM

Except I didn't.

Yes, you did. In black and white. Your denial of the obvious makes you even more dismissable.

Full quote please of what I said then please? Then explain it.

Piotr: where have I made an excuse and where in the zips posted is all the evidence for the foundation wanting blacklisting, greenlisting and soon? The only thing I found was mike's initial post where it's clear he has some sympathies with the issue at hands he sees the problem. Now I can understand people not liking that, but its the absolute worst I could find. Almost everyone posting afterwards was against the idea.

Also, in all places I have made very clear that I'm against it, so let's not have that one levelled against me. All I've been doing is trying to stop FUD being lapped up.

Ten pages and still no evidence of what the op implied and still a few people coming here, writing something angry, and not taking the time to look at the facts.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:52:06 PM

Bitcoin dont move! they just change adress after trade!
So what is the point of taint tracing all coins are tainted within no time!!!!!!
there will be no new bitcoins when tainted , its like dollars with coke traces!
even worse , bitcoins cant be replaced!
The more users the more tainted , and dont forget 1 bitcoin can be hold by 100.000.000 address at the same time!
So clean coins is a illusion! Smiley

If someone gets some tainted coins they can just start sending satoshis to all the people they don't like to taint their addresses.

exactly all coins are dirty in no time , problem solved!

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
ffssixtynine

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:53:20 PM

It's not decisions being forced by the Foundation and I'm tired of seeing it put across like that. It's a discussion and it's a really important one. Here is why:

Imagine Bin Laden is still around.

We find out his Bitcoin address. It contains 10,000 Bitcoins and we can see transactions entering it.

We then see outgoings, some of which are traced to weapons used to kill 1000s of Americans, think a major bomb or subway incident.

What do you think is going to happen? Media outrage and congressional outrage. "We must ban this worldwide!". It's exactly what will happen. Bitcoin being so public is a double-edged sword.

Severian, I picked the quote out for you. Take note of the bit in bold. If you don't see that bitcoin needs some kind of plan to counter accusations when this happens, you're wrong.

Bitcoin is so public that we can see criminal money, e.g. Crypto locker. One day this will be mainstream news and but everyone will be lobbying to have a way to take that money.

Does it mean they should be able to? Absolutely not.

Does it mean that as a community we need to be fully prepared for this? Yep. If we don't, you'll get the coin verification stuff foisted on you or worse. The crypto stuff will become underground and kept away from the vast majority of people. That's the worst case scenario as far as I'm concerned, but I accept we may differ on opinion there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: