Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:22:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTN: MtGox  (Read 5919 times)
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 06:24:05 PM

Criticisms about GxB's approach aside, I think my point still applies.  As I support the two views which you criticized. (Aggressive, involved feedback, and restricting bot abuse viability)

Whining like a child that isn't getting his way is hardly feedback.  In the adult world, feedback is not the same as just saying "I don't like this, you need to change" over and over again.

And I've said nothing on "restricting bot abuse viability".  I'm actually all for it.  I think the exchanges certainly have the right to stop any abusive bots they find.  We are at odds because you are defining "abuse" to mean "that which I don't approve of" instead of "that which the rightful policy maker doesn't approve of".

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 06:28:26 PM

Criticisms about GxB's approach aside, I think my point still applies.  As I support the two views which you criticized. (Aggressive, involved feedback, and restricting bot abuse viability)

Whining like a child that isn't getting his way is hardly feedback.  In the adult world, feedback is not the same as just saying "I don't like this, you need to change" over and over again.

And I've said nothing on "restricting bot abuse viability".  I'm actually all for it.  I think the exchanges certainly have the right to stop any abusive bots they find.  We are at odds because you are defining "abuse" to mean "that which I don't approve of" instead of "that which the rightful policy maker doesn't approve of".

You should keep your Insults to a minimum or make them non-existent.
He has very valid points. #1 being the charts are completely useless with rampant bots abusing volumes.
Ridi

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 11:57:07 PM

In the real world you have 30 year old men screaming in your face about how you're trying to rip them off and how you're a highway robber and should be ashamed of yourself.  In the real world little old ladies pretend like they are sweet as sugar while every other sentence out of their mouths is some kind of acidic criticism with implications that they should get something for free for having been treated so miserably.

When people are upset, they aren't always the nicest.  If you've ever had any experience dealing with customer service, even minimally, you'd be aware of that.  GxB and the bitcoin community aren't employees or coworkers with bitcoin, who need to be careful how they criticize.  They are customers.  Customers who feel like they are being ripped off turn into angry, self-righteous babies.

Is it the best way to communicate disappointment?  Not usually.  Sometimes though, it is the only way to get your point across.

AliceinCrypto.com                                                           
Progressive Free 2 Play + Play 2 Earn Fantasy Fight Game with its own Exclusive NFT Collection
▐ ▌   WIN A TESLA CYBERTRUCK   |   $60,000 in BTC   |   $50,000 in ETH   |     and MORE!     |   ▐ ▌
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 12:19:24 AM

In the real world you have 30 year old men screaming in your face about how you're trying to rip them off and how you're a highway robber and should be ashamed of yourself.  In the real world little old ladies pretend like they are sweet as sugar while every other sentence out of their mouths is some kind of acidic criticism with implications that they should get something for free for having been treated so miserably.

When people are upset, they aren't always the nicest.  If you've ever had any experience dealing with customer service, even minimally, you'd be aware of that.  GxB and the bitcoin community aren't employees or coworkers with bitcoin, who need to be careful how they criticize.  They are customers.  Customers who feel like they are being ripped off turn into angry, self-righteous babies.

Is it the best way to communicate disappointment?  Not usually.  Sometimes though, it is the only way to get your point across.

And sometimes the next guy in line needs to say what the proprietor cannot.

By the way, I've done plenty of customer service.  Still do, in a way, and usually in circumstances where there is no hope of rescue.  When I'm in that role, I have patience and politeness that you wouldn't believe.  But today I'm the next guy in line, telling the angry baby to put a sock in it and move on.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 05:53:44 PM

Ouch.

Can't say I didn't warn ya.

Be humble!
nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 06:16:16 PM

Ouch.
Can't say I didn't warn ya.

Any news from the Mt. Gox ppl? I think some kind of bot counter-measure would be beneficial.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 11:00:35 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2011, 02:36:37 AM by evolve

mt gox rewards high volume trading. fee drops from .6% to .55% once your trade volume reaches 100btc in a month (this seems to be relatively new). so im pretty sure they wont be banning bots anytime soon....why would they? high volume trading means higher profits on their end...

this whining about bots is asinine..... my bot puts in trades within a trading range that adjusts to price (somewhat like a trailing stop-loss in forex or stocks) exactly the same as i would (and did before i got the bot) , only now i dont have to monitor my account 24/7 or bother with the math....i can keep it running and do something more productive than staring at charts all day. 

no one is at an unfair advantage either, free and open source trade bots are freely available to anyone with 2 minutes and access to the search bar on this forum. in fact, heres a link to the one i use; dnnbitcoin.aricie.com its open source, its free, and you can customize it however you see fit.

isnt bots driving the price down. its traders. bots arent swayed by psychology...they dont panic sell like people do. 

you dont see the forex market falling apart because of EA's (forex tradebots)  do you?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: