Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen  (Read 598 times)
abdullahtahsin420 (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:32:24 PM

My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:09:43 PM

Maybe you have entered your private key in a phishing website.
You can't identify the hacker only with that address. It seems that the account was new and created solely for that purpose (storage of stolen tokens/Eth). There's no outgoing transaction as of yet and the address continue to receive tokens.

What I noticed was most tokens received were limited to Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform. Does one of these tokens send you an email or let you fill out something connected to your wallet? If yes, that might be the cause.
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:21:18 PM

What I noticed was most tokens received were limited to Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform. Does one of these tokens send you an email or let you fill out something connected to your wallet? If yes, that might be the cause.

Why do you think that some of sent tokens like "Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform" - they are the signal about the someones tryings to steal something from your wallet? For example - Utrust it was a real project. I heared about the GlobCoin that it may be scam but I heared about it only. Just interesting for myself. Because lots of fraud there are for the last time.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:26:56 PM

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

You might used metamask or you logged into your MEW wallet with the incorrect address. Expect this none can hack your wallet mate. Worst possiblity to loose the money you might share your JSON file and Private key.
Except this nothing will work to loose the money on eth wallet.

There is nothing options you have to get your token back mate. You can only cry for it mate.
Stulovo

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 05:28:35 PM

It's just that you receive false letters from these companies periodically, with a link to a phishing site.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:30:37 PM

Please give us a little more detailed information. Is this address from a desktop wallet, or an online wallet such as myetherwallet? Also, how did you stored your private key? Did you saved it in your laptop or did you wrote it down somewhere?
canman

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:34:56 PM

sad and unfortunate You may have disclosed your personal key or computer that has been compromised. That is a huge amount and a very long time. Hopefully you will be more careful in the future to avoid unfortunate circumstances
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:36:33 PM

Unlucky and one of you mentioned emails. Late last year I was doing some airdrop stuff and eBit emailed me a lot. I don't click any links from emails like that I always think with my tin foil hat first. They could have phished from one of those emails it certainly is possible.

umar22pk

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 05:37:59 PM

There should be some reasons…you got hacked

Might possible you enter your private key on any phishing site or disclose your information accidently with someone, may be you receive some mail from any suspicious person regarding to collect your token by filling this form etc.

That is a major mistake, so in future please avoid these kinds of mail or form.
Lastly difficult to trace or get back your tokens, but next be careful.
mohitgiri1

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

Can you please elaborate , how you store your tokens , how you make transaction of tokens , and how you made your last transaction before hack , it will help us to understand the situation you are facing , or maybe where is the mistake happen, rest the address you send is now receiving funds from address too , login in etherscan and make a comment on address , https://etherscan.io/address/0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e#comments , share this with community and downvote the address , those are the options you have right now
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:50:45 PM

One way or the other you have expose your private key without you knowing. It is not possible to hack you if there has not been access to your private key. At least you could have got hardware wallet to be safe, you ought to have bought hardware from $8,000 you got from bounty.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 05:54:13 PM

It is possible if you usually log in to you MEW wallet by using Private Key. You was  hacked by a fishing website, or try scanning your PC, they can have you PK by trojan or something like that.
For me, i always use MetaMask, and log in to MEW by use json and Password.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

I am sorry for you, but most likely, you will not be able to return your coins.

dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:57:48 PM

First of all i'm really sorry for your loss.
Someone must have your private key, it's really impossible for someone to stole your money unless he got your private key. I'm just wondering what kind of wallet do you use for storing your money? if you are using myetherwallet i believe you have entered the private key into a wrong site or phishing web. It is too hard to get your money back however you can track where's the money goes by checking the block explorer.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:02:49 PM

No one can hack your ethereum address thru participating ICOs,you might have been a victime of phishing sites that is why your keys were stolen,you should install metamask extension so that you these websutes wont any good chance of stealing your keys,do you use hardwallet? because mew wont be hacked not unless mytherwallet.com's employee stole your tokens which is quite won happen.

jahepahit

Activity: 866

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:09:25 PM

may you enter a private key on an unofficial site or you open an inbox on gmail? there is nothing you can do to make all the back you can only cry for losing a lot of money and try to start from zero

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:11:17 PM

I am very sorry hearing this, but you must have entered a wrong website, there is no way an hacker can get assess to your wallet without having your private keys, I hope this is not from someone close to you. Let me tell you there is no way to get those tokens back unless you know private keys to the new address
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:11:39 PM

Why do you think that some of sent tokens like "Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform" - they are the signal about the someones tryings to steal something from your wallet? For example - Utrust it was a real project. I heared about the GlobCoin that it may be scam but I heared about it only. Just interesting for myself. Because lots of fraud there are for the last time.
I know Utrust, but not the other tokens. What I said was just a possibility. It's possible that the hacker used one of these tokens' names to send a phishing link and/or give people a form to fill out with their data. These days hackers do pretend to be the real project through email or any other means just to steal, so... that's why I thought of that.
matsusomoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:11:45 PM

Pronbaby you are a victim of phishing sites,that is why we need to secure our browsers as well by intallking metamask extension because it blocks these malicious websites,or potential phishing sites which is goign to prompt you if you are trying to access such websites.Your money could have been saved if you did install it as your private keys weill be encrypted inside metamask extension.

cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:16:47 PM

Nope you arent hacked,your keys are stolen thru phishing sites its either you put it on phishing sites which can be prevented if you are using metamask extension second or you have installed good anti virus and malwarebytes,third or if you have used hardwallet so that your coins will be protected from these malwares,and viruses.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: