Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [20 gh] NMCBit pool 3% fee prop 6.6% PPS  (Read 63601 times)
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:51:09 PM

Traceroute pretty much sums it up for me....lol

BTCGuild is a straight-shot with minimal lag & hops.

NMCbit for me, is nothing but long ping times and several timouts (18/30) along the way....lol

Looks like it was not meant to be, for me anyways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 01:54:17 PM

CGMiner gets stuck with the last IP address reboot the miner computer and that should clear it up.
Rebooted miners, rebooted router/cleared DNS cache, power cycled cable modem....... and no significant change and stale rate climbing once again.

I have 6 CGMiners going and 1 poclmb and the one poclmb had no fracking problem with the IP switch but CGMiner is a crap shoot sometimes it works and others if fails.

I tried to get the developer to fix it but he is not hearing it and thinks it's a Merged Mine Problem.  I've calmly pointed out it was not and he is still not interested.  It would be so easy to fix just stick to an IP until there is a problem then request a new one from the domain name.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 01:55:26 PM

NMCbit for me, is nothing but long ping times and several timouts (18/30) along the way....lol

Where do you live? In the EU North America or Asia?
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:57:09 PM

Well, you will not get replies back from inside some of the Amzon NAT'd servers. What is your ping up to the first Amazon Ec2 server, or Edge2 if you are not getting resolution on the first Amazon one?

Luckily here am running <30 all the way into Amazon connecting pretty close to the level3 pipe.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 01:57:57 PM

Western Canada....on the largest cable ISP in the West having big-phat pipes in every direction.

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 01:59:47 PM

Western Canada....on the largest cable ISP in the West having big-phat pipes in every direction.
Try connecting to

coinserver4.nmcbit.com

See if that helps.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 02:19:00 PM

Try connecting to
coinserver4.nmcbit.com
See if that helps.

MAGIC....so far. 0 stales since I switched. Thanks.

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 02:32:21 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2011, 02:44:40 PM by bitlane

...and all at once, each worker 4+ stales in a row....

It seemed to coincide with the resetting of my NMC shares at the bottom of the page and updating to the top balance.

Did this mean the end of a NMC Block ? there was no LP notification in my miners, so does this mean that NMC does not send out an LP notification when a new block is found ? but rather stale all shares instead ? (including BTC shares in my control panel).....

FYI, no stales since that hicup.....

sadpandatech

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 02:41:29 PM

...and all at once, each worker 4+ stales in a row....

There any smoke coming from your pc?  I had a random stale bump on 1 miner out of 4 when new NMC round started, then right back to normal. I've no idea if or how that would be related but just wanted to add it.

edit; 0 out of 160 so far on the one I switched to coin server 4.

edit; just had one other miner have a random 'hiccup'. Overall all seems fine but there is something a little odd. Possibly someone mashing buttons at the Amazon server?  Cheesy

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 02:55:15 PM

Yeah I am seeing some odd things myself.

poclmb No stales on both servers.
cgminer VERY High stales on nmcbit.com and  just high stales on coinserver4.nmcbit.com

I will look into it when I get home tonight, maybe move the nmcbit.com no a new location.

EDIT:
Next round now is at zero stales for coinserver4.
sadpandatech

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 03:06:37 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2011, 09:29:03 PM by sadpandatech

Yeah I am seeing some odd things myself.

poclmb No stales on both servers.
cgminer VERY High stales on nmcbit.com and  just high stales on coinserver4.nmcbit.com

I will look into it when I get home tonight, maybe move the nmcbit.com no a new location.

EDIT:
Next round now is at zero stales for coinserver4.

If it matters or helps you I am using Phoenix 8/24/11 release with phatk2.2 kernel through the guiminer interface. I will provide any numbers if you need them or switch servers, etc, if you need any real time stats to troubleshoot. I have 4 seperate miners available, 330+MHs that arn't tied down anywhere.

edit; 2 BTC stale(s) out of 1900+ now on coinserver4  ; Better than normal for my miner thus far.
  edit2;  I wish the mining gui had a timestamp function for stales. It would be interesting to see if there are any patterns in some of them compared to new block start times, other miners, etc, etc....

- GA

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 07:03:18 PM

coinserver4 seems to be kicking some serious ass for me.....pretty much ZERO BTC Stales, but I still see a few NMC stales at the start of each block.
I am more than satisfied. My BTC stales % has gone down steadily, decreasing from over 6% earlier to about 2% and still dropping. I should see under 1% average later tonight if all goes well....based on the performance as of late.

Looks like I found a server that works for me after all.

DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 10:39:35 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2011, 11:00:17 PM by DavinciJ15

coinserver4 seems to be kicking some serious ass for me.....pretty much ZERO BTC Stales, but I still see a few NMC stales at the start of each block.
I am more than satisfied. My BTC stales % has gone down steadily, decreasing from over 6% earlier to about 2% and still dropping. I should see under 1% average later tonight if all goes well....based on the performance as of late.

Looks like I found a server that works for me after all.
Your BTC stales are not separate from NMC stales its cumulative, if you get a stale it counts for both the % is smaller for btc because there are less shares.

Finally the problem is the new Merged-Mine version of PoolServerJ (PSJ)  gave out the stales.  Internally what's happening on CoinServer4 is your stales are hidden from you, they are occurring because there is no LP for PoolServerJ with Merged-Mine-Proxy (MMP) a script that runs between bitcoind and namcoind to merge the work together to send to PSJ or Pushpool or whatever you use to send out shares to miners.

When a miner submits the work to PSJ, PSJ believes it's valid and sends it to (MMP) and it sends it to both block chains and says it's not valide but PSJ does not know it was marked as invalid by MMP. I can see on the screen that MMP gets a lot of stales when a new block is found and you do not see them.

I am working with shadders to improve PSJ to work with Merged Mining and I thought it was just a setting I messed up but turns out it needs a bit more work.

Also I have made a modification to my version of bitcoind/namecoind as it calls a share stale and may be valid for the other block chain. (currently testing on coinserver2)  I believe that should clear up some of my hidden stale share problems on coinserver4.

Too much info eh?

I'll stop talking now

Davinci

BTW because the difficulty is so high stales between PSJ and MMP are a lot lower I wait 10 or 20 minutes to see stales show up.
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:30:20 PM

i have been mining for the past 24 hrs, and got 0 BTC.
My machines avg about 7GH/s. Used to get 3-5BTC/day at BTC Guild.

Is NMCBit having some issues? I've received BTC yesterday and the day before, but today I got 0 BTC.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 12:20:05 AM

Is NMCBit having some issues? I've received BTC yesterday and the day before, but today I got 0 BTC.
We pay when a block is found even PPS.

with the last block's bad luck you should clean up.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 01:40:00 AM

Moving out of beta on the 30th
What this means is no more unscheduled updates to the website unless there is an emergency critical update.
if you want to see what I am working on and try it out you can use the mirror site of testing.nmcbit.com

It's not up yet but will be by the 30th.

Also I will be paying out 10 BTCs to the top 5 1 GH+ miners that have been mining with me since August.  If you are one of those people please post a message here and I will check your stats.

As for everyone else who has mined in August and September that gave me 200+ Mhs please say so and I will give you 1 free bitcoin into our balance there will be a 3% tax on that giveaway. Smiley

Please provide your username located in the dashboard NOT your email address.

Going forward the next features will be...

1. More servers to connect to.
2. Worker history so you can see how many shares your worker did in previous rounds (there will be a one time fee of 1 btc to enable this except for early adopters)
3. Limited membership affiliate program where members get 1% of miners they sign up or get to split that discount with the miner at their discretion.  (this may take some time to code)

Right now I am cleaning up the code and fixing miner bugs if you see one let me know before the 30th.
Issues I know about are...
- If you give 2 shares sometimes the share value will read 6.xxx BTC because it's an exponent value of 6.xxxE-5 but the E-5 is not displayed.
- All Transactions should reference the block that triggered the payment.
- PPS transaction history should display the PPS amount.
- Content on the front page should be updated.
- Quick Start content should be updated.

Not sure if I will be able to fix all that before the 30th as I will be cleaning up the code first and emergencies will occur between now and then.

Now lets hope our luck turns around soon not sure what's up I have not changed a thing with mining.
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:01:18 AM

What do you mean by "you should clean up"?
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 04:16:36 AM

Well with PPS you will be doing better than those on proportional as you bet paid as if we found 3 blocks while everyone else has to split the pot of 50 btc once the block is found.

If you still don't get it.
google "clean up" Idioms
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 01:43:37 PM

Well with PPS you will be doing better than those on proportional as you bet paid as if we found 3 blocks while everyone else has to split the pot of 50 btc once the block is found.

google "clean up" Idioms

Googled clean up idioms, still don't get what you are saying.
On the http://www.nmcbit.com/dashboard page, the "PPS" check box is greyed out.
I think you are referring to that. I would like to be paid based on my mining speed contribution, not based on how many BTC I actually found. I don't like the "luck" part. Since the "PPS" box is greyed out, how can I do it?
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 01:53:35 PM

google "clean up" Idioms

Googled clean up idioms, still don't get what you are saying.
On the http://www.nmcbit.com/dashboard page, the "PPS" check box is greyed out.
I think you are referring to that. I would like to be paid based on my mining speed contribution, not based on how many BTC I actually found. I don't like the "luck" part. Since the "PPS" box is greyed out, how can I do it?

Create a new miner it will have zero shares and you can check the PPS check box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: