Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:58:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely?  (Read 2612 times)
Carwyn Young

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:57:55 AM

You should turn on Gmail's new Advanced Protection feature, and/or adding defenses like a PIN or password to your phone number to make it harder for attackers to grab control of your accounts by transferring your SIM to their own device.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:02:04 PM

In my opinion, one of the most important steps to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet—a physical device, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
We have many wallet as an options to use and hardware is also good to use. Like nano ledger wallet and othe best to use. The very important is we have to keep secured our private keys no matter what because once lose we cannot recover.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 12:17:25 PM

I have a very good and unique memory, so I keep all the keys, accounts and passwords only in my mind. Those who have bad memory and who do not trust computers and flash drives,I recommend to record everything on plain paper in a locked safe.
therutot

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:52:28 PM

from now so many people scamers.  depend to persons if you not yet known dont give about your password about transaction . also if there were better back up yet if you have usb or external hardrive if  laptop or computer are broke or missing. save you all important concerning about your work .
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:45:49 PM

I save my private information like password and private keys in many different ways, I have copied it in different emails, telegram, facebook messenger, I even save it in my personal computer, laptop and even in my cell phone and flash drive. But all that private information is supported it with a small ledger.
Sigfred Hernadez

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:27:30 AM

Remember to consider your transactions carefully. There are tons of established, reliable institutions, but gimmicky new cryptocurrencies crop up all the time, as well as questionable Initial Coin Offerings that could have nothing behind them but scammers on the move.
kiwasmose

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:34:18 AM

My habit is to make a regular backup and save it in computer files. And I have a backup in my SD card. In this way, if the computer fails, I can also find my password.There are many phishing websites and scam links on the Internet now. Do not click on suspicious links that you don't know. This is very important.
Orrechorre

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:00:27 AM

I keep my crypto information securely by saving them on a storage device such as flash drive or hard drive. I even take time to save them on my mail and write them in my diary so when my laptop lost or crash, i can easily access the information with worries.
Griffith Allen

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:31:43 AM

If you are spring your bitcoin in an exchange or online somewhere it can be stolen or hacked. So I would recommend using a Hardware Wallet like Nano Ledger S and create a paper wallet as well.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:46:26 PM

I just make sure that I do not keep any of my information including the emails, passwords and private keys involved with any of my wallets online. Your information is easier to steal if you keep it online which means your information is safer from hackers if you just keep it offline. I make it a point to write it down and make sure to keep it in a place where I am the only one that can get to it.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
yahata144

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:01:59 PM

instead of keeping your bitcoins on an exchange, consider setting up a safe wallet which you own the private keys to.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:36:36 PM

Based on my personal experience. I am carefully read the emails that comes to me because there are some email that look really legit that asking your information for verification,
once you are in touch with them and give all information you have. All this things will be gone easily in your possession.
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:45:23 PM

I save my works/password physically printed in a safe place.
I have also a encrypted folder on my laptop...... however best way to protect your cryptos is a Hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S or Trezor..

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
Aniwura

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:59:28 PM

I feel the best thing to do in order to keep all your security details is to store them in two to three flash drives, then keep each in different locations. By doing this , you should not be afraid of loosing your security details. Except that you will need to keep them away from those you do not trust. By also doing this, you are also keeping your crypto asset safe for whoever you feel should inherit it.
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

Yes because of the importance of information in cryptocurrency  I attache importance to this by making sure I wrote down all my information in a "diary and also saving them in my email box" which is more secure and also accessible.
123canz999888

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:08:52 AM

I have backup on my flash drive and i keep in in the safe deposit box, i think it is necessary to have a backup somewhere except on the internet because hacker can find a way to steal it. Also be careful when you are using a public connection to open your wallet, get a strong password and always be careful. If you have hardware wallet it's even better because the private key never leave the wallet. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:15:37 AM

I keep all my privat information on three flash cards, which are secured by password.
I think it is secure enough, and if one card will brake I have two more with the same information.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:41:06 AM

As for me. all my passwords I have them of my head, you will surprised and asked me how  Grin? Well I have a password pattern I use to create all my passwords so using the pattern, any site i visited, I already know the pattern i will use for my password. For private keys to my wallet, I store them on my email. but I use a pattern to alter the key. any time I want to use it, I will know how to re-arrange it to my original key. So even if a hacker gets access to my private key, it will useless to the person.

redcandy

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:05:26 PM

This is also a very important issue for me. For myself, unfortunately, I have not found an answer to it at the moment. Because everything I keep can be lost or stolen. Even if you store information in multiple places.
markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:02:56 PM

That's a good topic. Keeping an important credentials in my laptop is a complete no for me. I store my credentials in a black book that contains all the information of my cryptocurrency account and I safely store it in my safe. And as for my software copy backup, I use usb drive to backup my information and securely attached password encryption to ensure that I can only access the usb.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: