Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:43:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Wisp Project [WISP] Alternative SpectreCoin wallet - Community driven  (Read 2378 times)
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:31:24 PM

Will cryptopia support the fork and also list wisp too? If not, what other exchanges are you aiming for?
Gandalf86 (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:58:24 PM

Will cryptopia support the fork and also list wisp too? If not, what other exchanges are you aiming for?

As said in the first post:

Further, our plan is that Wisp will be exclusively listed on decentralized exchanges (DEX) like Bisq (https://bisq.network/), as these are the only way to provide a truly private and decentralized ecosystem to our users. Making these DEX the only option will bring the necessary volume to these markets, and will hopefully also drive the general adoption of decentralized exchanges! Smiley

Cryptopia is not a decentralized exchange and I don't expect it to list Wisp after the fork. We're aiming for Bisq as our first exchange, since its philosophy aligns perfectly with that of Wisp.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
stonesourcery

Activity: 271
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:27:50 AM

Hopefully people will post all their questions here, and any problems or queries can be addresses here instead of in xspec thread.

I think it is worth emphasising that cryptopia and livecoin are unlikely to support any hardforks as we found out with the initial attempt by mandica to fork.

If you want your free wisp it is near certain you will need to have them off the exchange and in your own wallet.

would be handy if this ANN had an Upvote function like Reddit for excample -  Nice to move away from the negative commentary in the previous thread

I for one am looking forward to WISP carrying on in the spirit of decentralised democratic private crypto-currency

to that end I want to ask dev's what exchange listing parameters they have in mind?
exchanges to list on ?

Decentralized
https://idex.market/
https://ddex.io/
https://forkdelta.github.io/

Community exchange (no listing fee)
 CoinPulse is the first crypto-currency exchange that is completely based around and supported by its community. Token holders will have a say in its majority of the decisions. Majority of the functions on CoinPulse have been included based on suggestions received from its community
https://coinpulse.io/ref/c32cbd498ac8fab30c04fe12b44a7a99
200 CPEX bonus for sign up which act like Binance Coin for 70% discount on trading fees

with this page we can propose listing and then upVOTE to show our support for it
https://request.coinpulse.io/suggestions/add
Please try to include as many details as possible.
Below is a list of suggested details:
General description of the project
Coin/Token's Website
Coin or Token?
Coin/Token Information
Listed on CMC? If yes, please provide link
Logo, if you have one
Social media channels
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

would be handy if this ANN had an Upvote function like Reddit for excample -  Nice to move away from the negative commentary in the previous thread

I for one am looking forward to WISP carrying on in the spirit of decentralised democratic private crypto-currency

to that end I want to ask dev's what exchange listing parameters they have in mind?
exchanges to list on ?

Decentralized
https://idex.market/
https://ddex.io/
https://forkdelta.github.io/

Community exchange (no listing fee)
 CoinPulse is the first crypto-currency exchange that is completely based around and supported by its community. Token holders will have a say in its majority of the decisions. Majority of the functions on CoinPulse have been included based on suggestions received from its community
https://coinpulse.io/ref/c32cbd498ac8fab30c04fe12b44a7a99
200 CPEX bonus for sign up which act like Binance Coin for 70% discount on trading fees

with this page we can propose listing and then upVOTE to show our support for it
https://request.coinpulse.io/suggestions/add
Please try to include as many details as possible.
Below is a list of suggested details:
General description of the project
Coin/Token's Website
Coin or Token?
Coin/Token Information
Listed on CMC? If yes, please provide link
Logo, if you have one
Social media channels

Generally, decentralized means for me that you download a program that you run on your PC, which then connects to other nodes to carry out functions via the network. Similar to Bitcoin and most other cryptocurrencies. The more appropriate term for this would be "distributed" or "p2p". I don't really see how these websites you linked are any more decentralized than other exchanges, except that you hold your own keypairs. Which of these sites require to set up an account? That may be an interesting criteria. If you have to register, it is probably not anonymous enough because the trades can be linked.

The only "decentralized" exchange (in the above sense) that I am aware of so far is Bisq, but the sites you named will certainly be discussed at some point. I don't think we have discussed this topic on Discord yet, the current priority is to make the fork happen, finally. Wink

Also some of the sites you linked are only for ERC20 tokens, which isn't the case for Wisp.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
morningman

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:33:53 PM

With Wisp HFing in May why isn't there a functional website? https://wispproject.com/ does not appear to be.
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:50:10 PM

With Wisp HFing in May why isn't there a functional website? https://wispproject.com/ does not appear to be.

We're currently figuring out the website thing. Technically a website isn't necessary to do a hardfork. If you are a web developer, feel free to join us!  Wink

Currently it seems like we will be using Github Pages + a custom domain to host the website, so that multiple contributors can work on it using Git.

X4s

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:53:16 PM

Did not do homework at XSPEC, now wants to continue receiving donations through WISP.
oxb

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:09:04 PM

Did not do homework at XSPEC, now wants to continue receiving donations through WISP.

Smart guy, totally right you are.
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

Wrong.

1. XSPEC/Wisp is not the "homework" of our developer, it's volunteer work. The fact that people donated money to him doesn't change that.
2. He did do work, all but the first wallet version are by him.
3. The fork was decided on by the Wisp community, not just by JBG.
4. The donation feature in the wallet is optional, to make it easier for you to donate. You don't have to use it.

LuckySpectrecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:33:16 AM

Wrong.

1. XSPEC/Wisp is not the "homework" of our developer, it's volunteer work. The fact that people donated money to him doesn't change that.
2. He did do work, all but the first wallet version are by him.
3. The fork was decided on by the Wisp community, not just by JBG.
   Gandalf what community decided to make a fork? Do not tell a fairy tale. This was decided by Jbg and several people. The rest were not asked. What kind of community are you talking about. We were simply informed about this fact. Only a few people decided to make the fork.
I too old member community and i not saw no discussions about fork
   Fork - this is a good reason to waste time, so as not to rub the job that he promised. They came up with a false story about supposedly different code and so on ... one intentional lie in your wisp team. You know the truth and deliberately lie. There is no stealth staking and you know about it, just like I know about it. Do not deceive new people.
  jbg took much money from donations, but not gave results and refused to return money, as stealth staking didnt.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
     TOR+OBFS4 ● Ghost ProtocolAvailable on Bisq.io    
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:11:53 AM

Gandalf what community decided to make a fork? Do not tell a fairy tale. This was decided by Jbg and several people. The rest were not asked. What kind of community are you talking about. We were simply informed about this fact. Only a few people decided to make the fork.
   Fork - this is a good reason to waste time, so as not to rub the job that he promised. They came up with a false story about supposedly different code and so on ... one intentional lie in your wisp team. You know the truth and deliberately lie. There is no stealth staking and you know about it, just like I know about it. Do not deceive new people.
  jbg took much money from donations, but not gave results and refused to return money, as stealth staking didnt.

Sure there were a few individuals (HippiePyro, vvc, Trainasauruswrecks afaik) who decided to make a fork called Wisp, who were the initial members of the Wisp community. They invited jbg to join their project as things were getting out of hand between him and Mandica.

You can make as many conspiracy theories as you want, time will tell the results. This has already been discussed a thousand times.

Na xter

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:47:02 AM

I like this project. I still keep looking to know about this project better.
egretia
stonesourcery

Activity: 271
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:38:17 AM

so much blah blah blah on things you want to do butt only 2 things you have: I serial liar developer and big holders running the "project" who wnat to get the money they lost with xspec back (it's more likley that jbg learns how to code), vvc the "project manager" (ahaha he has no clue of what's going on) lost OVER HALF A MILLION $ with XSPEc what an amazing investor. hippyhoppitiespro said he quit his job and probably realized there is no work to do and jbg is again doing nothing and talking rubbish like the old xspec days, gandalf spends his time writing github guides very useful, AWESOME DRAMA LOvE YOU GUYS KEEP IT UP! BRYCE WE ALL LOVE YOU youre so stealth

Thank God for the BTCIGNOREBTC button
BunyipPouch

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:25:21 PM

Sure there were a few individuals (HippiePyro, vvc, Trainasauruswrecks afaik) who decided to make a fork called Wisp, who were the initial members of the Wisp community. They invited jbg to join their project as things were getting out of hand between him and Mandica.

You can make as many conspiracy theories as you want, time will tell the results. This has already been discussed a thousand times.

Indeed, This has already been discussed a thousand times on discord.
hroub

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 02:39:20 PM

Thanks for the pre-ANN @Gandalf86. Will you announce the Official/Final fork date here? I'm not on Discord very often but do get email notifications from Bitcointalk threads  Smiley

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:35:46 PM

Thanks for the pre-ANN @Gandalf86. Will you announce the Official/Final fork date here? I'm not on Discord very often but do get email notifications from Bitcointalk threads  Smiley

Yes! I will make a new thread for the actual ANN, but it will be linked here when it's online.

For more information, see https://github.com/wispproject/doc/wiki/FAQ

legday

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:46:12 PM

Yes! I will make a new thread for the actual ANN, but it will be linked here when it's online.

what will happen to unclaimed coins? like, to those that will be on exchanges by the time of fork?
Sorry if this has been answered before.
hroub

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 10:10:46 PM

Thanks for the pre-ANN @Gandalf86. Will you announce the Official/Final fork date here? I'm not on Discord very often but do get email notifications from Bitcointalk threads  Smiley

what will happen to unclaimed coins? like, to those that will be on exchanges by the time of fork?
If it ends up being a fork (at a certain snapshot) and you don't own the private keys of the coins in the wallet, then you don't get any forked coins, unless the exchange (or whoever) that owns the private keys decides to fork themselves and issues the forked coins for their users.

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:51:58 AM

If it ends up being a fork (at a certain snapshot) and you don't own the private keys of the coins in the wallet, then you don't get any forked coins, unless the exchange (or whoever) that owns the private keys decides to fork themselves and issues the forked coins for their users.

That's absolutely correct. To elaborate further, there is no way to "claim" coins in a fork, or to decide whether certain balances have been "claimed" or not. The old private keys stay valid, it's just a different continuation of the current XSPEC chain. So exchanges (as well as any other user running a wallet) might decide to start using the forked chain at any later point in time.

allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:47:52 PM

i better comment here to keep ups what is going on

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄