Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:39:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: After a Bad Sell  (Read 3735 times)
Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:52:12 PM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

..i dont want the fomo to get in to me and buy a position higher than my selling price..im setting a buy order lower than my selling price,then focus on the other coins that i have..itll help me not to think about the "big profits" that i have missed..

██    DON'T POST SHITPOST  ██
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:30:09 PM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

Well, I think if it happens week after week. You should first step back and see what's going wrong, and why are you always being baited to go after these sales that would turn out to be bad in the end. Having a fresh eye would always give you a wider field of vision and acceptance as to why things went wrong, sometimes, when you're in the heat of the moment, people would tend to be blinded and blind-sided by things that could actually cause them a loss, but since their aggressive nature is kicking in, they fail to see, which they normally do, if only they are in a more calm and collected state.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:47:18 AM

What I can suggest you avoid this situation is to sell partial quantity and keep some then you can get a chance to sell at higher if prices go again high.

Also, if you have made already enough profit from your investment then we shouldn't worry about these things because we can't always time the market. Now you need to find other good coins to invest and make more profit.
Well, you’re right in some ways. If he’s made enough profit, then there is no reason for him to invest back into it. All he has to do is just to wait and have patience till another time. But if he insists that he needs to gain extra profit, then there is nothing wrong with making another investment. Even if you invest back now it’s never late. We all believe that the price still has a long way to go from, maybe $20k to $30k.
anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:59:51 AM

I know that feel, at least we still get profit even though small because many also loss, I have tips that is when the price go up do not rush to sell but see if the rising trend will continue or not, I am sure by seeing the market you can know.
Every trader makes such mistakes but every trader has the opportunity to recover the loss too. However, only few don’t give up.It is also what I call the way to work for a crypto trader. He must look at the value of his coin twice or thrice in a day to judge what phase the coin is going through. If it shows the tendency to gain value for 2 or 3 days continuously, this is the best time to buy the coin.
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:56:36 AM

I also have this kind of experience, it hurts and full of regret. But, it makes me aware that I must make better strategy in it.
After waiting so long and only get the small profits will depend on our strategy. Here, I only try not to hurry up selling my coins. If I feel that the coin has raised about 30% or more, I will sell it, but not all. I prefer to sell my altcoin partially because I will still believe that the coin will rise again for some days or weeks.
Whatever you decide, just try not to regret and start to invest in another coin that will make you more profits.
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:58:52 AM

indeed such a thing can not be predicted, if it is sold already gone there is no way to return it selalin buy it again with a high price.  Sad

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
pedagang2

Activity: 376
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 08:12:19 AM

it is a natural thing if in my opinion, better profit slightly from the loss of friends. if after selling then its price up. yes it means that your fortune can only be that much.

DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:07:26 PM

You are not alone my friend. I also experience that as well for multiple times and don't even remember how many times it happened. Cryptocurrency price movement is pretty unpredictable and as a trader, my best advise for you is to learn on each trade and do not focus too much on the opportunity you missed for not selling those at its highest price. Start moving on and investing to another altcoin that is more profitable and buy it at its lowest. We both know that we don't wanted to hold those for life time. Smiley
Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:12:05 PM

Just focus on the rising time and don't do panic selling, set your specific price then sell if it reaches your target. Another thing is join telegram channels that are giving free signals

asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:15:40 PM

every action must have risks. between good and bad. But my advice is to minimize it should we be more active in digging information about the state of the market. Do not be too passive in the market
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:18:20 PM

This happens with all and you can not know what price will be in the future. On the contrary, the price of coins that you sold could fall much lower. One way out of this situation is not to sell all the coins, but to leave a part for the future.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 12:21:52 PM

its very painfully when you sold your coin and the same day or next day time price go up and up than himself very anger think why i sold it why,why not i wait must be hold it if hold now i have gain big profit but now big loss,thats why opinion of experts that its risky game dont be panic and be patience not be very hurry.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
lawalganiyu

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 12:51:33 PM

For my own view and for my little advice know one knows what tomorrow will be we just do as will think but the best thing is don't wait for a big profit, profit is profit if you are  waiting for big profit u may lose the token and it's not the last thing you will sell and if you don't get much profit in that one you can in another one
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 03:17:15 PM

I have experienced the same circumstances for several times now. But everytime that happens, I only remind myself that it is okay because I got the coins from bounties. Plus, it is better to lose a profit from gain than to lose a profit due to dip. Although, I also have this habit of buying some coins the same as what I have sold during a dip or decrease in price so I'll be ready in case there is a boom again. Another is that, I only sell half of my hold coins so I'll still have remaining in case the price geta higher.
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:56:49 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 06:25:51 AM by seyola89

What a pity OP. A similar thing happened to me with bitcoin and ethereum in the recent pump. I bought bitcoin at around $7000 but when it dropped to $6500, I was afraid and sold off at small loss. Few hours after I sold, the big green candle showed up in the 4 hour chart and pumped henceforth from there. I also sold ethereum at around $550 pump but pumped further to $700+.

I think if I had used trailing stop loss instead of instant sell at a particular price, I would have gained more profits. It happens to everyone
safem

Activity: 454
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 11:01:32 PM

Well, the did has been done. You just have to move on. Try finding another good coin you can invest and ensure you are more patient this time. Try waiting to see what will happen. Also, we are not yet in bullish run,so one does not have to be in haste to sell. Except you really need the money.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
wenxop

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:02:49 PM

This is a market where you do not know what trends you can take a currency, everything is very volatile and always when we buy a currency is like a bet as long as you do not sell below your purchase price, you are not losing anything and then if you sold and then raised that is a matter of the market and it is very difficult to predict and then you will have the opportunity to have great profits, when you have enough experience
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:04:48 PM

Can you please buy some Stratis and then sell them immediately?  I need STRAT to "boom" the next day.  Thank you in advance man.  Take one for the team.  You're a good man.  
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:09:24 PM

Just keep on believing in yourself and keep on trading and investing.  The more you do the more you will learn.  Consider yourself fortunate to get away with any profits and acknowledge your successes even if bigger gains could have been made.

Never sell for a loss... UNLESS:  there is a bigger opportunity to use the funds for a bigger gain.   

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:09:52 PM

yes indeed it is not easy to overcome the panic when prices fall especially for the beginner but everyone can make a mistake but we should make it as a lesson to be carefully and more patience, so as not to repeat the same mistake because experience is the best teacher.
Once we do experience a particular mistake we would eventually learn after that and we do already have idea on next move we would take in short we do already have the experience on such situation therefore we are already fully aware on next action if we encounter again such scenarios.Market is very unpredictable that's why its normal for us to commit errors yet theres no perfect trader after all no matter how good you are you will surely face loses.

We all experienced that on the past, and loses are always the best thing that can happen to us to realize and see what we are doing wrong in here. That is why i think that losing money in trading is more than needed at the beggining.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: