Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:06:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: After a Bad Sell  (Read 3735 times)
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:05:44 AM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

Do not go all-in in one go!

Buy (and sell) portions only, one small portion at a time.

If you sell small portions over time, if it goes up, you still have something to sell.
If you are buying and if it goes down, you can still buy a few more.

And don't sell all position, keep 10-20% as you don't know what the coin will do in the future.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klavtrin

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:06:33 AM

If you don't have patience . It is very hard to make money on cryptocurrency. You can only bear losses from your investments and not only.
Ironmaiden

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:08:38 AM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

Do not go all-in in one go!

Buy (and sell) portions only, one small portion at a time.

If you sell small portions over time, if it goes up, you still have something to sell.
If you are buying and if it goes down, you can still buy a few more.

And don't sell all position, keep 10-20% as you don't know what the coin will do in the future.

Indeed I need to hide it from crypto money if it's in quantity that can avoid this situation. In other ways, people feel very bad.
Everyone regrets this, other than that we also have to believe with what we have.
Successmaniac4

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 10:10:54 AM

It is painful to sell your coins then it goes up the next day. But what you can do.next time to prevent it is to sell part of your coins then.keep the other half so you can sell it later if the prices go up.

Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:15:42 AM

It happened to me everytime, but i know the consequence, i usually not seeing my sold coins anymore for like a month after i sell it, so i can sleep with no regret Cheesy

Yeah! i agree on that, i think most traders have experience with that situation but for you to handle it, better to forget what is being done cause this will always recall the bad experience and it can create a bad attitude of panic making failure of decision making.
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:23:23 AM

After a bad sell, many people yeah feel regret for their bad decision. I also did the same some months ago being panic after the bad sell. But, this can be one of the experiences to avoid the same decision in the future. Now, after the bad sell, I will do more research and big consideration before deciding something.
nitoxnayatyan

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:25:17 AM

If you have a bad trade, it fails. It is worth stopping and thinking. Learn in detail what was this or that error that led you to this .
pacho08

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:26:15 AM

Without thinking about it, you might answer 10 percent. In reality, a stock that loses 10 percent of it’s value needs to gain 11 percent in order for you to break even. At a 20 percent loss, you’ll need to gain back 25 percent. And if you’ve lost half, you’ll need the stock to double just to get back to even.

Read more at: https://www.moneyunder30.com/when-to-sell-a-losing-investment-10142
Cipoly

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:27:53 AM

When I sold the coins, and they begin to develop, I sit tight for the stoppage of development and reduction, even a little one, and I purchase once more. Truly, I would now be able to purchase less coins for this sum, however they will grow up later and I will cover misfortunes.
fuding12

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:38:09 AM

After what happened, there is nothing we can do. but, most importantly, Do not regret it too much, because I think everyone has experienced it including me. And what I do after experiencing it, Now I never sell everything, now I always and keep some in hopes of generating more profit when selling it at a higher price.
Girtogoh3

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

This often happens and will happen, no need to get upset
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:56:50 AM

Hey man, the same thing happened to me many a times. I sold many of my good investment for a short term profit and as a result i missed on huge profits. Believe me i invested in some of the most promising project out there like NEO(Antshare) ICO, ARK ICO, bought eth when it was 6$, XMR, GOLEM, MONACO, etc., i made small profit on most of them but sold them all and got left out on the big profit, so all i can suggest is that never sell off all your bag instead sell an amount and hold onto the rest of your investment.

Landakhitam

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:04:45 AM

Hey man, the same thing happened to me many a times. I sold many of my good investment for a short term profit and as a result i missed on huge profits. Believe me i invested in some of the most promising project out there like NEO(Antshare) ICO, ARK ICO, bought eth when it was 6$, XMR, GOLEM, MONACO, etc., i made small profit on most of them but sold them all and got left out on the big profit, so all i can suggest is that never sell off all your bag instead sell an amount and hold onto the rest of your investment.
But we can not predict the coming crypto day, we do not know when it goes up and down.
In this situation some strategies always update or check market movement.
You must have patience that is your key.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:25:14 AM

I think when it's been a bad sale and many are selling bitcoins at a cheap price it is time to make a price recovery and return it to a high price again and finally many regret it because it is too frantic to sell at a cheap price.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
dankboner83

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:27:06 AM

Not everyone can get into a perfect entry. Either buy NEAR the bottom or sell near the top is already decent.
If i was in your situation i would just wait for a little dip and I would be happy to get back in.
It happens all the time that you cant predict the market.
ttking

Activity: 324

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:27:45 AM

You shouldn't lose optimism after the bad sell , vice versa, treat it like experience which you should use for the better in the future. i m sure that everything we do isn't in vain as we learn from mistakes
Politkiw

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:31:41 AM

each of us has faced such a problem , but I am not upset . I realize I couldn't have predicted anything.
Sissttemm

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:30:39 PM

mistakes are made by all, experience comes with time . The usual situation in which each of us was
FurDich

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:39:50 AM

What I can suggest you avoid this situation is to sell partial quantity and keep some then you can get a chance to sell at higher if prices go again high.

Also, if you have made already enough profit from your investment then we shouldn't worry about these things because we can't always time the market. Now you need to find other good coins to invest and make more profit.
Its been a nightmare for me . Its been a bad hing that Ive decided to sell my bitcoin token  in just a small price value . It wasnt a good move at all.
lalatao79

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:38:01 PM

You are selling those coins at a wrong price and you just need to have strategy for buying and selling. It only gets improved with experience. The more time you spend in market more you will come to know about when to sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: